• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox Legends ClimaX: The Xbox Series X/S's 'Ultimate' Smash (Back, Voting on 1st Newcomers)

Should we include 4th Party Content

• Total voters

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Voting Time

Nominees

Sea of Thieves
Pirate Lord (Northsouthmap)
Madame Olivia (nirvanafan)

Vote for you favorite, can self vote.

Pirate Lord is my vote

Overwatch
Mercy (darkvortex)
Lucio (KneeOfJustice99)
Reinhardt (Northsouthmap)
Tracer (nirvanafan)

Vote for your top 3, self votes in 2nd or lower, most overall gets in.

1 Mercy
2 Tracer
3 Lucio

ANNOUNCEMENT

This thread will be going on hiatus after finalizing these assists. Honestly got busy recently with other things & want to wait till i get caught up & things cool off before jumping into the final game so I give it more attention like i previously did.

Dont want to give a firm timeframe, was initially thinking id only be extra busy for a couple days but that has already turned into weeks. Maybe about a month but this subject to change to be shorter or longer.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Pirate Lord's my vote (HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT HIM) and also, in order,
  1. Mercy (Pretty obvious candidate on a mechanical level, makes a lot of sense to be honest. Plus, they're probably the game's best-known healer.)
  2. Reinhardt (This one's pretty fun, given his whole shield mechanic, even though I can see a little overlap on the "tank" archetype.)
  3. Tracer (She is the game's poster child, and having some kind of "reversal" mechanic if you manage to K.O. her could be a lot of fun.)
Also, take as much time as you need! This time of year can get pretty manic with a lot of stuff, so try not to overwork yourself, mkay? :)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Results

Pirate Lord had all votes for Sea of Thieves

1 Mercy 12
Tracer 9
Reinhardt 5
Lucio 4

Mercy will be our final assist for this game making it complete.

As mentioned before we will be on break but will open up 1 job that will remain open until we return & then be voted on.

Job 70 - Submit a name for our Series X/S 'Ultimate' entry.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Time to blow the dust off this thread.

Made a roster image for our previous game using Jakors Smash Roster Maker.

My subtitle nominee for our "Ultimate" entry is Xbox Legends Apex, was going to go for Climax but darkvortex beat me to it but felt like Apex had a similar ring to it.

Nominees for our subtitle
Xbox Legends ClimaX (darkvortex)
Xbox Legends Final X (Northsouthmap)
Xbox Legends Arena (KneeOfJustice99)
Xbox Legends Universe (MartianSnake)
Xbox Legends Apex (myself)

Vote for your Top 3 from the above subtitles, self votes not in 1st, most votes overall will be added.

1 ClimaX
2 Final X
3 Apex

Job 71 - Nominate a newcomer for our roster. 1st party or 3rd, doesnt matter. Remember it is 2021 so fighters from very recent games are not eligible. See above roster & below spoiler for an idea of who is already in

• Brutus (Brute Force)
  • Cooper (Grabbed by the Ghoulies)
  • Vince (Voodoo Vince)
  • Sparrow (Fable II)
  • Glados (Valve/Portal Series)
  • Ayane (Dead or Alive Series)

My nominee will be submitted later.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
1. Apex
2. Climax
3. Arena

Newcomer: Atriox

The leader of the Banished who are the new major antagonistic force in Halo. He's a Brute Warmaster wielding an energy mace made up from the parts of broken Gravity Hammers. He represents both the Brutes who are a major enemy type since Halo 2 and a parallel to the Elites whom they are bitter rivals with and the Banished. He can use Halo Wars 2 leader powers including setting plasma mines, dropping off suicide grunt squads, summoning powerful Brute Enforcers and being able to buff his own defensive abilities in addition to his proficiency with his Chainbreaker mace and sheer Brute physique.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. ClimaX
2. Arena
3. Final X

Job 71: Lich King (World of Warcarft)

Arthas_Mercenaries_1.jpg

One the most popular villains from Warcraft series, Lich King was Arthas Menethil,Arthas was obsessed in save his own people who became possessed being a death knight and coreced by the first Lich King Ner'Zhul,Arthas sat on the frozen throne and put the hel of domination,becaming the Lich King.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Time to blow the dust off this thread.

Made a roster image for our previous game using Jakors Smash Roster Maker.

My subtitle nominee for our "Ultimate" entry is Xbox Legends Apex, was going to go for Climax but darkvortex beat me to it but felt like Apex had a similar ring to it.

Nominees for our subtitle
Xbox Legends ClimaX (darkvortex)
Xbox Legends Final X (Northsouthmap)
Xbox Legends Arena (KneeOfJustice99)
Xbox Legends Universe (MartianSnake)
Xbox Legends Apex (myself)

Vote for your Top 3 from the above subtitles, self votes not in 1st, most votes overall will be added.

1 ClimaX
2 Final X
3 Apex

Job 71 - Nominate a newcomer for our roster. 1st party or 3rd, doesnt matter. Remember it is 2021 so fighters from very recent games are not eligible. See above roster & below spoiler for an idea of who is already in

• Brutus (Brute Force)
  • Cooper (Grabbed by the Ghoulies)
  • Vince (Voodoo Vince)
  • Sparrow (Fable II)
  • Glados (Valve/Portal Series)
  • Ayane (Dead or Alive Series)

My nominee will be submitted later.
  1. ClimaX (Hey, I'm a sucker for hiding thematically appropriate letters in stuff - and the name works pretty well too!)
  2. Apex (Similar kinda logic, but I also just like the idea of the name if I'm completely honest.)
  3. Universe (With so many characters already being space-faring, I think this is oddly fitting.)
Job #071
Character Name: Rathbone
Character Origin: Sea of Thieves (2018)

Rathbone's a unique case here in that while his game was included in the last title, he didn't actually exist yet... but I think he's perfectly-suited to inclusion in this game because of it. For context, he's a Skeleton Lord (a reoccuring boss type in the game) who's the leader of one of the in-game factions, the Gold Hoarders. In fact, his greed is powerful enough to have animated him after his own death - and for him to have replaced parts of his body with his treasures.

In terms of gameplay, we could easily pull elements from his boss fights. As well as using a shovel to bury holes and warp through the ground, he also fights with a pistol and cutlass, can summon massive bags of gold to create shockwaves with, or even summon additional skeletons to do his bidding.

I think we're in a good spot for a lot of the characters we've included thus far, and Rathbone - or, as he's become known, the Gold Hoarder - feels like a really fun inclusion alongside the others. There's a few characters I've considered submitting here (Atriox being one of them), but Rathbone specifically springs to mind as an obvious but fun character who could be really interesting to both play as and fight against.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. ClimaX
2. Final X
3. ApeX

Crash Bandicoot
Represents the more cartoony side of Activision and it helps that he's got an improvement in relevancy from the last game

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Apex
2. Climax
3. Universe

KaitDiazGears5 (2).png

Kait Diaz
Protagonist of the newer Gears of War games. Originaly introduced a member of the rebel group known as the Outsiders, in Gears 5 she joins COG and becomes a corporal. She'd be too slim to really be a Marcus clone and instead would be her own character who takes inspiration from him but is her own fighter with her own moves.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
1. Climax
2. Apex
3. Universe

SenuaHellblade.png

Senua (Hellblade)
A series that Xbox have really started to push around this time. I did debate on including her due to the games heavy subject matter and themes but I think you could do it. She would use her sword and tap into her focus power, kinda like Shulk in Smash where she could avoid players moves.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Subtitle voting results (most votes is our subtitle)

1 ClimaX 21
2 Apex 18
3 Universe 6
4 Final X 6
5 Arena 3

Captain John Price

Was originally kind of mixed on nominating an ABK rep since the acquisition announcement is about a year away but once again it is probably safe to assume the deal was going on in the background for a while beforehand which would hit our time frame. Regardless, the company has lots of characters but CoD is huge & is seeing a resurgence thanks to the new Modern Warfare games & the Warzone BR. Even without that it is still one of the biggest gaming series out there & would be a big deal to see added for many.

Newcomer Voting
Nominees

Atriox (Schnee117)
Lich King (DragonRobotKing26)
Rathbone (KneeOfJustice99)
Crash Bandicoot (Northsouthmap)
Kait Diaz (darkvortex)
Senua (TORNADO BUS DRIVER)
Cpt. Price (nirvanafan)

Vote for your top 4, self votes not in 1st, top 3 overall will be added.

Really like all our picks so did a little writeup of my thoughts on each, this is obviously not required though, is just for fun.

1 Senua - believe she was decently considered as dlc last time, makes alot of sense.

2 Atriox - only non-Bungie Halo i played was Infinite & was definitely able to see his influence on the world, like him repping Halo Wars & Brutes too. 2nd since i tend to prioritize new ip.

3 Cpt Price - self vote

4 Kait Diaz - can picture her as our Isabelle semi-clone rep. Not really into Gears of War but do think the series is big enough for a new rep & not sure if there are any better choices.

Crash Bandicoot - a series i grew up with & really enjoy, despite that think only adding 1 ABK for now makes the most sense & Cpt Price just seems more logical to me. Would fit better as DLC around the ABK acquisition announcement imo.

Lich King - same as above. Admittedly a bit more mixed on this one. Not aware of WoW or this character appearing on Xbox although series impact & popularity could let us overlook that.

Rathbone - An interesting idea. Honestly feel like one Sea of Thieves is perfect. Am sold & would even say he is my favorite choice for a potential new boss fight though.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Senua
2. Atriox
3. Kait
4. Price

All three feel like sensible picks for a newcomer. Hellblade is being pushed around this time and would rep another buyout dev. Atriox and Kait are good picks for existing series, both being pretty big characters.

I feel we can hold off on more Activision right now. They've only just gotten Bethesda at this point in time. Love Crash but I think COS feels more Xbox to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom