• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon's DAir is gay onstage too. You **** up and get under him, then you take 22% and possibly another 17% from FAir or some other sick *** Ganon combo.

So gay.
Hell ya lol.. Downair to Regrab to Kage combo (downthrow, jab, no tech, fair)... or downair to downair to possible techchase.. Or downair to Fair.. Or downair to Nair double hit to **** up DI into Fair loll. Things like that.. I love mixing up my opponents and making them feel the pressure. What am I going to do next? =P

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Everyone loves Reneblade for some reason.

They should all love me because I made him play this game through forceful nagging.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
agreed, rene does seem kinda cool, but yeah, dont pull a jona and start maining someone like falco or sheik

anyone think falcon should be an additional char in other popular games?. . . . think about it

let's take MW2. . . no weapons, but hella speed bonuses. . . . . .gentlemening players, kneeing ac-130's, dairing helicopters. . .

that knee is just too good of an addition to any game. . . just a thought

too bad he would still be low tier in any of these games, since falcon is still SOOOO bad

. . . how's that, niko?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
agreed, rene does seem kinda cool, but yeah, dont pull a jona and start maining someone like falco or sheik

anyone think falcon should be an additional char in other popular games?. . . . think about it

let's take MW2. . . no weapons, but hella speed bonuses. . . . . .gentlemening players, kneeing ac-130's, dairing helicopters. . .

that knee is just too good of an addition to any game. . . just a thought

too bad he would still be low tier in any of these games, since falcon is still SOOOO bad

. . . how's that, niko?
just cuz im gonna play falco doesnt mean my falcon wont have the best combos

i also have the longest combos

scar get @ me

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
P. C. Jona said:

just cuz im gonna play falco doesnt mean my falcon wont have the best combos

i also have the longest combos

scar get @ me
Tech Chased will never be the best combo video if you don't make it. If you do it'll clearly be the best...right after SMYP2.
<3 <3 <3
or you could actually try legit s*** for your sig, how bout that? -Dogy

Animal

Smash Lord
1. ganons bair most unfair move in the game. PC Jona when am i ****** your *** in dittos? =)

ORLY

Smash Master
Why is it that, when I try to buffer a roll, I sometimes accidentally forward smash? Most times it works; sometimes it doesn't (; and sometimes it gets a kill ;D ). Does this happen to anyone else or am I just doing it wrong on occasion?

MAGUS

Magus420

Smash Master
It can happen if you're holding shield well beforehand as well. If you press the c-stick at the exact same moment the shield would try to pop up as you come out of your previous action, the c-stick press takes button priority over the shield and you f-smash.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kage, i am not letting you claim dthrow jab to fair the missed tech as the kage combo

that is my ganon's bread and butter and always has been

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
It can happen if you're holding shield well beforehand as well. If you press the c-stick at the exact same moment the shield would try to pop up as you come out of your previous action, the c-stick press takes button priority over the shield and you f-smash.
it's really that specific? This happens to me a couple times per game.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Sup.

I took 8 Sheik Stocks with my 4 Falcon stocks in a crew battle this weekend.

Then i got 0-Deathed by a Peach with a stitchface. Then that peach took the next guy after me 4 stocks without dying, so it was basically like i didn't do anything. My crew won by 1 stock though....suppppppp?

Also SMYP 2 was rappeeeeee.

And Jona, ignore the haters, the Onyx combo is one of the coolest techchases ive ever seen, even if you do suck at this game. <3

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
btw, i love all you guys. I wish i could build a giant ****ing house, and move every melee falcon main into, and just do Falcon Dittoes with you guys all day everyday for the rest of my life.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
women would be allowed in said giant home. We'd each have our own room with plenty of space for the epic electric orgies. I mean come on, if women found out that every falcon main lived in the same house....they'd be lined up outside as far as the eye could see, waiting for a chance to feel our electric knees inside them.

Magus420

Smash Master
it's really that specific? This happens to me a couple times per game.
Yeah it is that specific. 'Buffered' dodges/rolls/jumps with the c-stick are no more than a conditional while shielding that's triggered by either a c-stick press or hold.

If you input the c-stick the frame before your lag ends while holding L/R it will be a c-stick held input when the shield tries to come up, and since c-stick held does nothing in Wait the shield is able to go through despite lower button priority. You shield for a frame and then the check for being in shield + c-stick press or held is satisfied (held in this case) and you do the corresponding c-stick shield action.

If you input the c-stick the frame after your lag ends while holding L/R your shield will come up, and then the c-stick press while in shield triggers the c-stick shield action.

If you input the c-stick at the same time you come out of lag a c-stick press does do something in the Wait action (a smash), so being higher button priority you do the smash instead of shielding.

If it happens to you often you are just frequently going for the c-stick around the time your lag or whatever is ending and are more likely to get it.

legion598

Smash Ace
women would be allowed in said giant home. We'd each have our own room with plenty of space for the epic electric orgies. I mean come on, if women found out that every falcon main lived in the same house....they'd be lined up outside as far as the eye could see, waiting for a chance to feel our electric knees inside them.
this is the most true statement ive ever heard. the sheer power of sexiness emanating from the house would immediately impregnate everyone in the vicinity, nay everyone in the world

D

Deleted member

accidentally forward smashing when trying to buffer roll and hitting is so ****

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I would build the house because Reneblade doesn't know how to do physical labor.

Reneblade! We need to make a combo video. Like just of us. I even have the name.

"Watch PEEF ****, ask Reneblade what having everyone love you is like"

ORLY

Smash Master
Yeah it is that specific. 'Buffered' dodges/rolls/jumps with the c-stick are no more than a conditional while shielding that's triggered by either a c-stick press or hold.

If you input the c-stick the frame before your lag ends while holding L/R it will be a c-stick held input when the shield tries to come up, and since c-stick held does nothing in Wait the shield is able to go through despite lower button priority. You shield for a frame and then the check for being in shield + c-stick press or held is satisfied (held in this case) and you do the corresponding c-stick shield action.

If you input the c-stick the frame after your lag ends while holding L/R your shield will come up, and then the c-stick press while in shield triggers the c-stick shield action.

If you input the c-stick at the same time you come out of lag a c-stick press does do something in the Wait action (a smash), so being higher button priority you do the smash instead of shielding.

If it happens to you often you are just frequently going for the c-stick around the time your lag or whatever is ending and are more likely to get it.
I'm glad I invoked Magus for this. Thank you, Magus!

the more you know ~~~*

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Magus is the ultimate smashboards summon.

Thanks magus, that clears a huge hole in my game that has been losing me stocks for a while now.

On a different note, i endorse the falcon house and submit that there should be live stream of it all day every day.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
this is getting debated in the SoCal thread by falcon mains and non-falcon mains,so i decided to ask everyone over in the falcon boards:

what are your thoughts on falcon vs. marth?

edit: i think its in marth's favor

jetfour

Smash Journeyman

Nakamaru

Smash Master
i give it 40-60 in marths favor. Since he has insanely gay edgeguards on falcon that you really can't do anything about. Not to mention marth has priority and range advantage over falcon.

The only reason falcon has any chance in the matchup is because of his speed and uair. I'm pretty confident that if falcon was any slower he'd get ***** by everyone easily.

Those are just my 3:40 am insomniatic thought on the matter.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Even. When Falcon gets into Marth's defense Falcon ***** him, but Marth is good at keeping him out. It's Falcon's best high tier MU besides ICs. The way to get past Marth's edgeguards is simple, recover high. Basically, Marth's goal is to keep Falcon out and to gimp him while Falcon's goal is to get a hit because Marth gets combo ***** by Falcon. Upthrow knee is guaranteed till like 80% IIRC.

D

Deleted member

It's stage dependent but otherwise even. Marth gays Falcon more overall but Falcon has more gay stages to pick from

some tips:

if you get f-thrown off the edge at low percents make sure you di down and away so you don't get down-tilted, then wait a little and do a 'sweetspot' double jump to regrab the edge

if you get poked then your chances of dying increase by like 50%

Both have great combos unless either DI's down and away (most of the time)

Getting underneath Marth ***** and that's why Rainbow Cruise is too good, Marth just sucks at moving around

I heavily endorse Rainbow Cruise against almost any character as a counterpick since a lot of people have very low experience there and Falcon just maneuvers way too good. I don't advise it against a Fox main though but most people with a Fox secondary get stomped in Rainbow Cruise

--

Falcon is gayed in different ways by almost every character but there's no clear victor in my opinion on who is the easiest.. it all comes down to you and your opponent's style.

I find Falco the easiest and Doc/IC/Marth the gayest but I'm a weird falcon

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
Same here Scar, I too can only go a short distance, but I think its how fast you implement the finger movements, my friend recommends that you should go on training mode and practice doing it with the bunny hood. I tried doing that but without it, i still go a short distance. ( I think you can do it though, because you just rock!), You're my favorite falcon pro. Silent Spectre is my second favorite. I'll continue practicing my falcon ( i want to main him also) and when I record some vids, I'll show them to you and you can critique them, if you dont mind that is.. Keep up the good work with that beastly falcon that you have. :)

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
icies are pretty annoying to fight

falcon vs marth is even at best, i feel like its a little in marths favor based on my experience from both sides of the matchup but stuff can happen so fast based on so little in that matchup that its hard to attribute things to matchup as opposed to just error on the players part

Divinokage

Smash Legend
icies are pretty annoying to fight

falcon vs marth is even at best, i feel like its a little in marths favor based on my experience from both sides of the matchup but stuff can happen so fast based on so little in that matchup that its hard to attribute things to matchup as opposed to just error on the players part
Take Ganon, problem solved. =P

I saw Linguini destroy Chu at Pound 4.

Top Bottom