• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Temple of Time~The Zelda Tournament and Video Archive~Vids Critiqued Here!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Sweet! Is there a high quality version that I could download somewhere, or do I just rip it from youtube?

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Alucard will upload the CV on mediafire (so in better quality), just wait =P !

LMaster

Smash Rookie
So...

When can we expect Alu's combo video? That guy was amazing.
Ohh what a ambigu response, I can't tell if this a troll or if you really like my work.

If it is sincere, I'm sorry for the doubt, I think that your reputation followed you :3

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
WHOBO 2, Houston, TX
25th out of 107 Reg Singles
25th out of 25 LT Teams (This I can somewhat explain) *
25th out of 39 LT Singles
17th out of 32 Reg Teams (I went Snake, I can explain this as well)**
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9977850&posted=1#post9977850

*Ok so here is what happened. Since my partner, Smoomy, didn't practice with any LT character, we were kinda going through this on the fly. I had to hold my own while looking out for him at the same time. Turns out with the little characters around in LT, having link on the team isn't that bad...though I would prefer to have an Ike or a Cfal on the team. =/

**Well first off let me say that I did in fact go Zelda in most of my tourney for dubz. I've never used Falco in dubz. But once I started to get ***** in doubles cause my partner was dying to quickly, I had to change. =/

Either way, both of those are johns and I do apologize for failing as hard as I did. =/

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Great stuff GreyFox! How bout some more info for reg. Singles? How'd that treat you? 25th out of 107 is mega solid but how much Zelda was there?

Btw, did you play a FL player named Poltergust?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Sadly no. Only in Pools and in some rounds. But mostly Falco. =/

Yes, yes I did. I played him in LT Doubles with Inui. Me/Inui vs Polt/Khoaz. Had alot of fun playing against him. :)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Snake vs Zelda (MochaMew): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BxIAL4lSsI

Wifi friendlies. As I mention in my video description, I have Bobby to thank for in regards to the Snake MU for Zelda. He's one of the few high tier characers I enjoy playing against.

By the way, I've been very impressed with the vids I've been watching here. Grey and Vinnie, absolutely loved your Zeldas, and I'm really pleased with how much you've improved, Grey. I can also say this for many of the other Zelda mains here. Kat, Auree, Linkz, S.p... beautiful Zeldas. Keep up the fantastic work everyone =D

MrEh

Smash Hero
Ohh what a ambigu response, I can't tell if this a troll or if you really like my work.

If it is sincere, I'm sorry for the doubt, I think that your reputation followed you :3
If I waned to troll you, I certainly wouldn't have been ambiguous about it. lol

My comment was serious.

Aibou

Smash Master

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I enjoyed watching the matches Aibou! Been commentating on it on your youtube, and I cannot stress to you enough how much I love your use of Zelda's d-tilt. It's such a great move =)

And I know what you mean about Peach. Kat loves the MU, and I fight Peach a lot, so we can relate to this tough, but possible MU xD

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The Peach MU doesn't seem as hard to me as it used to...... nair is amazing. <3 And Zelda's air speed makes airdodge catching turnips extremely good for dealing with her camp and positioning at the same time.

@GreyFox: You teamed with Inui in LT dubs? How'd that go?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
The Peach MU doesn't seem as hard to me as it used to...... nair is amazing. <3 And Zelda's air speed makes airdodge catching turnips extremely good for dealing with her camp and positioning at the same time.

@GreyFox: You teamed with Inui in LT dubs? How'd that go?
he teamed with smoom in LT dubz. Inui teamed with MK if you saw him teaming with Inui on stream those were just friendlies.

Good job at Whobo grey fox rep that Zelda man.

@Mocha mew you're rolling too much and using Din's fire too much and a too close of a distance.

@Aibou your Zelda looks good I would just be careful of using her DJ too soon especially against MK. I only watched your first vid but your Zelda looks good man keep it up.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
WHOBO 2, Houston, TX

*Ok so here is what happened. Since my partner, Smoomy, didn't practice with any LT character, we were kinda going through this on the fly. I had to hold my own while looking out for him at the same time. Turns out with the little characters around in LT, having link on the team isn't that bad...though I would prefer to have an Ike or a Cfal on the team. =/

**Well first off let me say that I did in fact go Zelda in most of my tourney for dubz. I've never used Falco in dubz. But once I started to get ***** in doubles cause my partner was dying to quickly, I had to change. =/

Either way, both of those are johns and I do apologize for failing as hard as I did. =/
I don't think you failed man I think you did really good at a huge tournament. Look at your placing in regular singles that is the most important in my opinion. I'm not sure how much you used Zelda but you should be really proud of yourself. Look at the names of the people who finished below you. Look at the people who placed the same look those who placed above you. It's very impressive man you should be proud of how well you do and using this to move forward man. You by in no way failed at this tourney man good job keep it up. Whoever smoom mains you should of had him pick up a low tier that's close to who main.

@Kaylo ah I see that was the mix up then I guess but yeah it was friendlies.

Aibou

Smash Master
@Aibou your Zelda looks good I would just be careful of using her DJ too soon especially against MK. I only watched your first vid but your Zelda looks good man keep it up.

Thanks ^_^. I'm still working on properly executing DI, so I'm still stuck on double jumping immediately after the aerial. Though if I'm not mistaken, reverse(?) Nayru's acts as a good momentum cancel, no?

And, if I may, 25th out of 107 seems like a good placing imo, especially if you used Zelda. And regular singles is usually the most important part of a tournament if I'm not mistaken :bigthumbu

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
he teamed with smoom in LT dubz. Inui teamed with MK if you saw him teaming with Inui on stream those were just friendlies.

Good job at Whobo grey fox rep that Zelda man.

@Mocha mew you're rolling too much and using Din's fire too much and a too close of a distance.

Oh, I didn't see it on Livestream, but he said this a few posts up:

But I guess it was friendlies. Nvm then. x.x
Yeah I was teaming with Inui for friendlies. My LT partner was Smoomy who used Link.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Thanks ^_^. I'm still working on properly executing DI, so I'm still stuck on double jumping immediately after the aerial. Though if I'm not mistaken, reverse(?) Nayru's acts as a good momentum cancel, no?

And, if I may, 25th out of 107 seems like a good placing imo, especially if you used Zelda. And regular singles is usually the most important part of a tournament if I'm not mistaken :bigthumbu
Yes regular singles are most important most people enter and usually have the best pots. When you auto cancel you normally throw out your fastest aerial then DJ. However, with Zelda you don't want to always double jump since the least you have to use her Up B the better. You could use reverse nayru's for momentum canceling it's decent but can end up killing you if you get it wrong it also save your double jump. Typically I'd go with the fastest aerial.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
DJ'ing for momentum canceling is still generally the best option if you're in danger of dying. Technically, if you only use her aerial, you're not momentum canceling.

The way it works is like this:

The fastest aerial only gives you control over your momentum. You haven't canceled it yet, although fastfalling the aerial slows you down significantly.

The jump or B move is what actually cancels your momentum now that you have control over it again.

If you just fastfall bair, you'll slow down, but you're not momentum canceling. =X Just throwing that out there!

Smoom77

Smash Master
WHOBO 2, Houston, TX

Forgive me!!! :(

/namesearches

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
DJ'ing for momentum canceling is still generally the best option if you're in danger of dying. Technically, if you only use her aerial, you're not momentum canceling.

The way it works is like this:

The fastest aerial only gives you control over your momentum. You haven't canceled it yet, although fastfalling the aerial slows you down significantly.

The jump or B move is what actually cancels your momentum now that you have control over it again.

If you just fastfall bair, you'll slow down, but you're not momentum canceling. =X Just throwing that out there!
I know when I said fastest aerial I meant DJ afterwards also. Also just wanted to throw it out there you use your fastest aerial because it also you to input the next move the fastest.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Aww, Thanks!

Remember that you guys can still critique me! Just don't be too obvious, I know I got gimped once or twice and I don't really need to hear "don't get gimped" hundreds of times. But there are some situations where I might not be thinking outside the box on what moves to use/not use in specific situations and that could help me. And no need to comment on obvious hilarity, usually if there is a long time span of characters not moving it is because we are laughing!

Edit: And if you are watching and see anything combo video worthy tell me! I want to have some cool things in that combo video!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
xD It's ok Shlike. It's ok.

Ya know I noticed an increase of Zelda players as secondaries. Oh well, Shlike your Zelda is very entertaining to watch.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, as the Texas Rep for Zelda I gotta watch out for the Zelda's in TX. xD

Anyways Magik is one hell of an opponent to chose as Zelda.

Top Bottom