• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

Falcon is so sexy.

S2J, why do you have such a hard time with icees?
the only Icys that exist where I live **** unlike other characters where I can work my way up I just jump right into hard people

+ nervousness from not being too familiar

same for Doc, the only good ones I know live in Norcal (Shroomed, HMW) and I don't know how to fight them really besides being gay, which I hate

same for Marth, when I fought Falcomist in the Falcomist vs Dashizwiz CGC it was set in stone that I was gunna get fuked up

... I'd rather fight Shiek lol

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kage, im decent with ganon, but man i have never done well at ganon vs climbers

i havent played the matchup once in the past 3 years or so i dont think, but yeah it was bad that last time

lately i've been doing better at falco vs marth than i have with falcon, including really good ones like falcomist in friendlies at pound 4

he pretty much rolled on my falcon

D

Deleted member

You have to approach when you think you won't get tilted. Shiek you can't blindly n-air in sadly but you can when they don't expect it

you just need a good feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14fnMsQiVU

reference that match and see how i try my best to juke kira

trading is usually good

but if a shiek is just spamming tilts you can run in between them and grab

---

my advice is: if you are tech chasing and you miss a read, don't pursue them further since unlike fox/falco while you can sorta n-air after them or w/e shiek has instant tilts and will probably get you grabbed

and..

never think ur ahead even if ur up a whole stock lol.. patience is extremely important

--

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
You have to approach when you think you won't get tilted. Shiek you can't blindly n-air in sadly but you can when they don't expect it

you just need a good feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f14fnMsQiVU

reference that match and see how i try my best to juke kira

trading is usually good

but if a shiek is just spamming tilts you can run in between them and grab
FYI at 2:33 when sheik ftilted your shield you could have upBed out of shield. I believe CF can YESS even perfectly spaced ftilt's from shiek on reaction.

Btw what did you ban instead of FoD?

D

Deleted member

I forgot what I banned. I still think FoD is a great stage vs Shiek because I'm a weird falcon

but i just realized that a huge flaw of it is that you can't really run away efficiently after you take away a stock

Yeah you can up-b out of shield against tilts..
sadly I have sleep johns so I just played off of instincts without thinking about stuff like that or the fact that Kira more often will not will roll into you or roll to the right

I'm still a huge noob

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I would build the house because Reneblade doesn't know how to do physical labor.
ill take that scrawny *** out back and show you exactly what physical labor is.

55-45 Marth or 60-40 Marth.
Falcon has a ****ing hell of a time edgeguarding marth. and the marth player can edgeguard falcon by taking the controller, and smashing his face into it, that EASSSYYYY.

just one example, like Scar said in his epic rant, marth can hit you with his sword once, then he gets auto-comboes to like %150.

D

Deleted member

marth isn't hard to edgeguard if you light-shield edgehog

if you are light-shielding and they are sorta close to you they'll probably air-dodge. That's when you short hop b-air out of light-shield and ****

you can also go do the Isai way where you grab edge, force them to recover on stage, do edge roll and b-air

or you can b-air when they are beneath the stage and close, at worst you'll trade (or miss if ur dum)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm gonna be completely honest and say that I really don't understand why any Falcons say that Marth is even or Marth's favor... Even if it's true in a void, Falcons routinely **** Marth's face in in tourney matches, so it's effectively in his favor even if BigD goes to town on Falcon mains with Marth in friendlies.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
its not as easy as "lol lightshield edgeguard" (not saying thats what you're saying s2j) because if it were that easy, marth would easy and this conversation wouldn't even be happening. this wouldnt apply only to falcon, it would be that way for all characters, as every character can lightshield, and then marth wouldnt be ****. But as we all know, marth is in fact a force to be reckoned with.

not to mention the fact that there is more to the match-up than lightshield edgeguard.

for instance, when marth grabs you, there are so many wrong DI's that can get you tipper fsmashed. it all depends on the throw he does. if you di expecting an upthrow, and get a backthrow, enjoy your tipper. get a forward throw? enjoy your regrab x 3 or tipper.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
but falcon mains dont really go to town on marth mains in tourney

darkrain recently lost to strawhat
ss recently lost to falcomist
s2j lost to falcomist

and ss beat strawhat

thats all of the high level marth vs falcon tourney matches that happened in the past few months that i can think of off the top of my head

kfc beat ss a couple days ago too i think, but i dont know if he used marth or fox

other than these results though, the reason i think that marth beats falcon is based on options and theory garbage. marth just has too many moves that go through all of falcons, and really doesnt get comboed that bad with good DI

D

Deleted member

to mogwai:
i don't think so

most marths suck lately and or come from regions with no falcons (Europeans)

everybody ****s in Marth's face lately so I guess everybody is the favorite over Marth

except if u look at BigD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!s list..

@reneblade I was simply discussing edgeguarding lol and why I think its not as complicated as you think. Actual matchup is something I would love to avoid

as for throw DI I have the reaction speed to change DI based on throws since its like a 0.3 second timing. Practice will get you reacting fast enough.

as for Mew2king I think he just had a bad day against a Falcon with Marth. Him getting ***** anyways seems to boost characters to the top of his tier list anyways (Falco, Jiggs).

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
ive played m2k's marth with falcon and while hes really good at comboing and edgeguarding hes not very good at not getting grabbed

he spot dodges and rolls a ton, and had a tendency to DI in

and yeah kage: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket8090.gif

thats the bracket, shroomed for best in norcal

kage next time we're at the same tournament i wanna play your ganon with my marth, ive never had trouble in that matchup before and i wanna see what you crazy ganons do to make it hard for marth

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ive played m2k's marth with falcon and while hes really good at comboing and edgeguarding hes not very good at not getting grabbed

he spot dodges and rolls a ton, and had a tendency to DI in

and yeah kage: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket8090.gif

thats the bracket, shroomed for best in norcal

kage next time we're at the same tournament i wanna play your ganon with my marth, ive never had trouble in that matchup before and i wanna see what you crazy ganons do to make it hard for marth
Sure thing man.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm gonna be completely honest and say that I really don't understand why any Falcons say that Marth is even or Marth's favor... Even if it's true in a void, Falcons routinely **** Marth's face in in tourney matches, so it's effectively in his favor even if BigD goes to town on Falcon mains with Marth in friendlies.
Pfft even Pikachus beat Marths these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCcvfHtCEI

Animal

Smash Lord
mayb its because i have no experience in the matchup i have a hard time with marth, i never know which way to throw him which sounds stupid lol

Nakamaru

Smash Master
mayb its because i have no experience in the matchup i have a hard time with marth, i never know which way to throw him which sounds stupid lol
down throw at low %s leads to nair if they DI in, and tech chase if they DI down and away. Upthrow if you want a Uair or platform tech chase. Down throw can sometimes get you nair > Knee. Its a situational and a preference thing at the same time.

Just play around with them and see what you like. I'll sometimes back throw if it places them on a platform like on FoD or yoshi's because i love sh dair tech chase on 2nd tier platforms. Combos into knee so beautifully.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
the only time ive seen pikachu get 0-deathed by a falcon was darkrain vs pikachad from that tourney that wobbles won.

so i have to respectfully disagree milos.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pretty funny when you think you are pretty good and then you face M2k.. =P Look what happens.. The reality of it can be willshattering but.. never give up! =P

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
55-45 or 60-40 in pika's favor

he has chaingrab and gimps and stuff but falcon can dd camp wait for a grab and **** off of it
No. Falcon doesn't have a guaranteed knee from grab versus Pikachu unless they have bad DI.

The knee is bad in this matchup :( It's only good to punish a big mistake on their part or you connect a stomp. Otherwise it's like approaching with knees versus Marth or Sheik.

The worse Falcon habit to do against Pika is to do anything offensive out of shield. Stomp out of shield doesn't work because you'll get punished with aerials easy like Cactuar shield pressure. That equals a huge combo for Pika. Onstage you're screwed with chaingrabs and offstage Uair gimps will destroy you at any percent. This matchup is pretty boring and you have to be extremely patient with spacing your uairs, nairs, and bairs. You can chaingrab dthrow for the first few percents. Punish Pika's recovery like Sheik's. Bair will be your main KO move, unfortunately. The ground is your strong point but don't get grabbed because a Pika grab is as deadly as a Sheik's.

If you're losing to a Pika that's not Axe then you're a scrub.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
pikachu is gay, just further proof that falcon has no good match-ups.

also, didnt we decide that approaching with a knee is a good idea vs sheik? Cause the best you can ever hope for when approaching that ***** is a trade.

Trade with a Knee > trade with a Nair.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
So i just beat Heavy Rain for the first time. I went out of my way to do everything perfect, AND THIS IS WHAT I GET!? Seriously?

2/3 of the good guys die and the bad guy doesn't get caught, but gets domed @ the very end? Really? That's all I get?

Between full-time school, part-time work, a weekend excursion to play melee @ Viperboys, and melee smashfests, it took me 2 ****ing weeks to beat this game, and I get the most disappointing ending possible.

Reneblade's Heat of the Moment Review of Heavy Rain:
-5/10
:mad:

Top Bottom