• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
As compared to us arbitrarily picking a number for them?
Well, why do you think we're discussing it? It could be argued for the lowest buffer and what most resembles Melee. Also the argument of the benefits of higher buffer is already established.

Just to let you guys know I'm one of the worst at execution, so that has nothing to do with why I'm arguing for low buffer. It just makes things worse for me.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Buffer

1rst

I've tosay that for me buffer just lowers the input speed (and that's very important in Melee!)

2nd A lower buffer LVL is standard in Melee, so anything other (then the standard) should only be used offline - this mod will also be individual, If not it will indeed

Also myself is a good example for players who set the **** buffer always to 0 or 10% xD

Kix

Smash Journeyman
So sick of reading about buffer arguments. Since the decision has been made I say move on to something else.
Well it seems like there has been some progression, and I'm not sure when you'd recommend it be resolved. I guess you could say it would be better to wait for input from more Melee players, but the logic isn't going change. I'd just rather it not be left on the shelf.

Yes, Bandit is right because we can't know what we do about the buffer and how it works that we already do, and can't see it's obvious implications.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Ok well letme be the first to change the subject...

uhhhh.....how's that landing detection code coming along, can't wait till its done with so we can actually start working on matching physics, hitboxes, BKB/ KBG, angles and all that good stuff. Some People that have watched the streams don't realize that any of this hasn't been implemented, thus saying "still looks like brawl to me".....that's because they are working on the major codes first.

no clue how CC'ing is coming along, but it is a Must for this game. i'm sure they'll find a way to code it. Relating to Crouch Canceling (and this is something that really bothers me in Brawl) is the fact that you can't D-smash with the C-stick while crouching (you d-tilt which is ********) Same goes for U-smashing.Also.... Not sure how CC'ing will work for characters with crawling animations o.O

uhh what else....Footstooling got remapped to Up-taunt and i heard you can change it to either Y/X (which ever you don't use to jump). Personally i would prefer Footstooling gone, as it does not really fit in, in a game like Melee, but i am willing to give this a try. (atleast no more phantom footstools)

and plz no reverse ledge grabbing T__T. We want a more challenging way to edgehog, not just running off the ledge and Ta-da!.... RLGs are fine on up-Bs but we should probably stick to only ones that Melee had. (e.x: Falcon's and not Marth's). Plus, the way pivoting works in brawl, with the help of wavedashing, it should be perfectly fine without reverse ledge grabbing

Tether wall grappling, as much as i want it, I have already left that idea behind since it's probably impossible to code. I'm sure Link's recovery will be fine with AGT.

this list just keeps getting longer, but i hate how brawl models fit brawl stages. I recall shanus stating that stages will get a 15-20% size increase.....looking foward to this.

last but not least, i'm pretty sure you guys are aiming to clone Melee's Camera which may already be done with or is further along than what i'm aware of.

Evidently, Good Luck to all of the P:M Team ^,^v

Edit: Oh and......why was Mario given Doc's nair? I hope you guys were just messing around e_e"

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
^^nah, sry dude. I beat you to changing the subject in my last post :p

I might be setting up ProjectM for PCChris/Cort/Other cool peoples to play on Thursday...
If they start doing cool **** should I save the replay and upload?!
So, umm...is it happening tonight? :o

shanus

Smash Hero
Speaking of landing detection, this is what PW sent me tonight so hopefully it'll lead to something with maybe dant's help or some other code guru.

Phantom Wings said:
Well, looks like it's time I cashed in my chips - whether I want to or not. I've been trying to look into this for you like I promised, but a particularly nasty bit of code has left things in a rather confused state. Regardless, it looks like today's the day that my USB Gecko has finally decided to stop working. It has been showing signs of wear for a while now including things like incomplete memory dumps, failure to write properly and corrupted screenshots so I can't say I wasn't expecting it. In any case, now Wiird can't detect it at all whenever I try and connect.

I'll leave you the two primary addresses I know so Vile or another hacker can finish it up for you and offer any advice that I can conjure off the top of my head, but there's not much more I can do to help beyond that.

Collision Coordinates(one set of many):
81259E24

0x14 X coordinate
0x18 Y coordinate
0x1C Z coordinate

This address is only valid using Mario during training (may require you to use FD)

The collision coordinates seem like a rather simple thing at a first glance, but the trick is that there are multiple sets of coordinates set aside for different scenarios. As the coordinate values get passed between each set in a seemingly endless web of referencing and re-referencing, each one evaluates their values and determines the appropriate action to respond with... . Additionally, these sets of coordinates are not specifically for collision, but also for other things such as model position, tag position, camera position, edge detection etc.

So far, my main process has been to sever the reference routine between each of the sets and then modify each one individually to see if any changes occur. This has lead to some mixed results as doing so also disables a few other essential functions needed to obtain accurate results.

I've only found one address that specifically reads the Y coordinate and has an effect on your standing/falling status but it only appears to occur at very specific times during actual gameplay. (by severing the references between the coordinate sets, those specific times become a whole lot more frequent)

8012B194

I have not yet determined exactly what this function does with the Y value that affects your status in relation to the ground, but I didn't have a whole lot of time to take a look at it at the time. I wasn't able to gather much, and the whole routine seemed to use some pretty obscure maths, so I can't say if this address is even accurate.

I'll try and fiddle with my USB Gecko for a bit to see if I can get it to cooperate, but in light of the recent symptoms, it doesn't seem to have a whole lot longer.

Rikana

Smash Champion
and plz no reverse ledge grabbing T__T. We want a more challenging way to edgehog, not just running off the ledge and Ta-da!
Reverse ledge grabbing doesn't work like Brawl anymore. There still is reverse ledge grabs though.

You can't run off the stage and tap back to reverse ledge grab, nor can you jump off and RLG (I'm just gonna use RLG from now on).

RLG only happens if you use your second jump or from an upB. Basically, you have to turn around before you can grab the ledge from running/first jump.

rekrapadept

Smash Rookie
Reverse ledge grabbing doesn't work like Brawl anymore. There still is reverse ledge grabs though.

You can't run off the stage and tap back to reverse ledge grab, nor can you jump off and RLG (I'm just gonna use RLG from now on).

RLG only happens if you use your second jump or from an upB. Basically, you have to turn around before you can grab the ledge from running/first jump.
When edgeguarding with zamus does the down b jump allow her to RLG?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered something from the last stream I saw...captain falcon's falcon kick to knee. That's just silly. Raptor boost to knee seems fair because it's easier to punish, but falcon kick...? I think grounded falcon kick should just be a move that knocks them directly back and is Able to KO at high %'s, but no comboing afterwards. That'd be a cool way to make up for the lack of that annoying combo. What do y'all think? Or have you guys fixed that yet?

Also, ganon's warlock punch. We all know it sucks as it is, so wouldn't making it more effective help towards the cause of making a competitive game? Someone earlier suggested that it not be nearly as strong, but sHould come out much more quickly and be able to deflect projectiles. I really like that idea. Ooh, how about deflecting projectiles at x2 speed? That'd be tight. Again, what are your thoughts on that?

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Guys, i had an idea about reverse ledge grabbing: why not leave reverse ledge grabbing ONLY during free falls? Cause some edges on brawl stages are just not fitted to be grabbed only facing them.
On other topic, i like the idea of mapping footstools to x/y(the one you don't use to jump) but I would also agree with you if you decide to remove them(I don't care much about footstools really, but they can make you a really nasty opponent if used correctly)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I just remembered something from the last stream I saw...captain falcon's falcon kick to knee. That's just silly.
The reason you can Falcon kick to knee at the moment (and i'm repeating myself) is because physics, Knockback and angles haven't been modified for most of the roster yet. Once most of the Major codes are done they will be looking into those details.

Also, ganon's warlock punch. We all know it sucks as it is, so wouldn't making it more effective help towards the cause of making a competitive game? Someone earlier suggested that it not be nearly as strong, but sHould come out much more quickly and be able to deflect projectiles. I really like that idea. Ooh, how about deflecting projectiles at x2 speed? That'd be tight. Again, what are your thoughts on that?
I don't think Project M should be as open to "new move ideas" as Brawl+ was, as it can mislead and point the project in the wrong direction. Let's just stay focused on Melee-fying Brawl.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Blargh, okay. Still, though...you cannot deny the suckage of the warlock punch. Give Ganon back his regular smash attack, at the very least. Also, other moves have been altered, so why not this one? Why should we keep the bad aspects of melee, like the plethora of useless b-moves?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
They stopped making them. If you can find one online, go right ahead (but it'll probably be well over $60).
http://www.chollogame.es/epages/61488288.sf/es_ES/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61488288/Products/ngc_usbgecko

Spanish.

http://shop.strato.com/epages/61488288.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61488288/Products/ngc_usbgecko

^ English

50$ before shipping and handling.

I doubt it would be well over 60$

EDIT: I'm just going to start listing sites now. lmao.

http://www.quantronics.com.au/produ...ko-for-wii-development-tool_WII-USBGECKO.html

Price: $65.00
International Buyers Pay: $59.09
Free Shipping

http://www.eurasia.nu/shop/product_info.php?products_id=366

45$ before shipping

http://modspace.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_71&products_id=278

60$ before shipping.

And that's it for now.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If you're trying to get people to chip in via paypal. the best thing to do is have someone trusting enough to hold the money via paypal and buy the USB Gecko and have the mailing address go to PW's crib.

That or donate to PW's paypal. V:

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i have, like...$2 left on a prepaid debit card. was thinking of putting it into the GPF, but if you guys can get ahold of PW's paypal...

i don't wanna send it, though, if this is just a way for him to fade out of the scene. hah, it'd be a shame, but i don't want to pressure the guy either.

Almas

Smash Lord
It's currently only in use by the Project M beta AFAIK. Whether or not it is released is a choice made by the code creator (Dantarion) or perhaps the lead developer of P:M (Shanus).

Rikana

Smash Champion
Guys, i had an idea about reverse ledge grabbing: why not leave reverse ledge grabbing ONLY during free falls? Cause some edges on brawl stages are just not fitted to be grabbed only facing them.
On other topic, i like the idea of mapping footstools to x/y(the one you don't use to jump) but I would also agree with you if you decide to remove them(I don't care much about footstools really, but they can make you a really nasty opponent if used correctly)
Because you'd be able to airdodge and still RLG. You're also forgetting characters that don't have a freefall state from upB (Ike for example). It would just make more sense if the only time you can RLG is when you're at the peak of your upB.

I don't like the idea of placing Footstool Jumps on either X/Y. It may be unusual to some but I use both X and Y depending on what I want to do. I usually use Y for my B-button inputs and X for my A-button/c-stick inputs.

walter01

Smash Cadet
Because you'd be able to airdodge and still RLG. You're also forgetting characters that don't have a freefall state from upB (Ike for example). It would just make more sense if the only time you can RLG is when you're at the peak of your upB.

I don't like the idea of placing Footstool Jumps on either X/Y. It may be unusual to some but I use both X and Y depending on what I want to do. I usually use Y for my B-button inputs and X for my A-button/c-stick inputs.
You can always map it to a different button, if you use both X and Y, you have L, R and Z left (I don't know about other people but i only ever use R for shield and R+A to grab, I never use Z anymore and L is always changing between a few different functions).

I assume it can be mapped to any button but I don't know since its not a basic function of brawl.

Rikana

Smash Champion
It has already been remapped to Up on the dpad. I basically use every button lol. L/R/Z and both X/Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom