• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"common knowledge" that a lot of people don't know

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Since alot of people i know like to be able to use the C-stick while they practice and 1p-mode practice doesn't allow it they usually put a second controller in and play vs mode with infinite time. Some of the options included the computer walking and jumping and i found an easy way of getting the other player to infinitely jump.

Unplug the controller, hold down the C-stick and plug back in, release and tape or rubberband down R L or Z. The shield plus infinite up on C-stick causes them to jump continuously. Probably useless but whatever...
If you hold the R/L buttons down when you plug the controller in it should register them as being constantly pressed down. My Wii's not hooked up so im too lazy to check if this works though.

Goldio

Smash Rookie
If you hold the R/L buttons down when you plug the controller in it should register them as being constantly pressed down. My Wii's not hooked up so im too lazy to check if this works though.
Idk why but it doesn't. I've tried Z L and R but none work. This is on my gamecube wih a wired controller. Possibly different results with Wii or wavebird?

Magus420

Smash Master
When the controller is plugged in or reset with X+Y+Start the control stick, c-stick, and L/R buttons' positions are calibrated as being 'neutral'. Holding one of the sticks downwards will cause the actual neutral physical location to be considered pressing it upwards, and holding L/R halfway down will have the lightest shield input be just beyond halfway down instead where it normally is and everything less than that will be like not pressing it at all.

Holding L/R all the way down won't make it be like it's always being held down while not pressing it. It's actually the exact opposite of how you'd want it to be calibrated to do that. 'Neutral' would be when it's all the way down and it will disable the analog part entirely since an actual input beyond 'neutral' would then be further than you can even press the button. To make it give continuous input in the neutral physical position you'd need to somehow set 'neutral' to be less than that like if you were to pull the button further out of the controller than it normally rests into a nonexistent negative range when it's calibrated.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Magus never ceases to amaze
Is the mewtwo set knockback a version thing because i'm killing people with it at high percents?
I dont recall it having a set knockback, but I dont remember the other versions persay.

but in the latest its def not set, the stun and knockback are both percentage based.

There are other ways of gettin the knock back other than disabling twice:

1. disabling twice
2. disabling while they are shield broken
3. disabling while they are in a tumble
4. Im guessing disabling while they are in some kind of hitstun also works but im not sure. I think this because you can combo the state of being hit by a shadowball into a disable.

in this video you can see 3 and 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deIfGfI1gn4

5. you can disable them while they are rolling up from the ledge
6. you can disable them while they do a getup attack from the ledge.
7. disable while they stand from the ledge- 0:24 from this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q32m36AbNk

hitting them with disable while they are in the air puts them in a tumble.

joeplicate

Smash Master
You have to move the control stick further into any given direction to activate the input for a B move than for an A move.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
if you hold up+right or up+left fully and press B, you will do a side B on the ground but an upB in the air. this is why Randall kills people a lot

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Falco's Shine can break like a traditional energy shield. Just get on a small platform, throw a red shell down, and hold your shine. Eventually you'll hear the shattering sound, and you'll be dazed.

At least, this happened to me the other day. Dunno how or why.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Falco's Shine can break like a traditional energy shield. Just get on a small platform, throw a red shell down, and hold your shine. Eventually you'll hear the shattering sound, and you'll be dazed.

At least, this happened to me the other day. Dunno how or why.
it happens if two people continually shine the same projectile at each other, but if you fired/threw it, you are usually safe as the other person shined first

BunBun

Smash Master
If you continually shine the red shell, it gets super strong. Like, 200% or something stupid.

Another random fact: Ganon's UpSmash will break Kirby out of his rock and hit him. =(

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lmfao i didnt know that^

i remember when i thought rock smash was the ebst move in the game. right next to Links B-up of course.

X1-12

Smash Champion
the very start of peach's doublejump moves her down, so if you use is straight away after jumping you land back on the ground, a coolish mind game.

Also you can use it to insta-land on platforms with low lag (much less than waveland)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
the very start of peach's doublejump moves her down, so if you use is straight away after jumping you land back on the ground, a coolish mind game.

Also you can use it to insta-land on platforms with low lag (much less than waveland)
its also the fastest way to put her shield down

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
M2 can do that double jump thing as well, but its easier to double jump and then nair, the nair just gets cancelled and results in no jump and no hitbox.

MINDAGAMES

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
a better mindgame would be to taunt and powersheild a incoming projectile and then follow up with the projectile you powersheilded at them.

all the clones can wall jump but for roy, no roy love. Also techically roy/pichu are the hardest in the game yo pick minus mater hand.

X1-12

Smash Champion
if your opponant is about ot fire a projectile, as doc/mario you can actually cape them so both the projectile gets turned aroudn and hits your opponant, as well as you hitting and doing 10% witht he cape

joeplicate

Smash Master

armada does this to drop through platforms

i think he uses his dj to go through the platform then uses his float to cancel the doublejump

i haven't played around with this though so i don't know exactly how it works

Top Bottom