• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Custom Music Hub: Archiving all the music in one place!

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
So when does the list at the front of the forum get updated? I've been checking and the list hasn't changed...
Also, has anybody used my BRSTMs? How good are they, do you all think?
When Cyber gets around to it. Him and I have been teaming up to update the front page as much as be can...I've gotten most of mine up there, if you haven't noticed already...
I'll also be updating a lot more, as requests in the Factory have died down quite a bit recently...
Also, planned songs/soundtracks for here....
Star Wars Rock songs by Khorriban on Youtube (Awesome remixes, look 'em up)
Super Mario 64
Halo 3: ODST
Godzilla
Indiana Jones Theme Song (hasn't been done before, honestly?)

Kaiser6012

Smash Cadet
Indiana Jones hasn't been done? A travesty!
Butyeah, I was honestly just looking for a timeline... just touching base, y'know? If you need help with the archiving, I'd be happy to help.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Indiana Jones hasn't been done? A travesty!
Butyeah, I was honestly just looking for a timeline... just touching base, y'know? If you need help with the archiving, I'd be happy to help.
Well, with good balance, I'm sure it could be completely updated in a few weeks, if Cyber and I keep at it...it may be a lot of BRSTM's, but it's by no means overwhelming...

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
does anyone have the BRSTM for the Metroid Prime 2 opening theme?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
does anyone have the BRSTM for the Metroid Prime 2 opening theme?
You mean Title theme? Well....I happen to have that, plus the other two Prime Title Themes...and Dark Samus Battle Themes
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO Not my original one, this has a seamless loop
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO
Metroid Prime - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Samus Battle by darksamus77 - DEMO
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Dark Samus Battle by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Athletic by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Big Boss by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Big Boss Clear by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Bonus Game by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Bowser Clear by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Bowser Fight by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Castle & Fortress by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Ending by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Flower Garden by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Game Over by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Game Start by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Goal & Score by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Kamek's Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Luigi Is Rescued by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Map by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Mini-Boss by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Nintendo Mark by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Overworld by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Overworld (Stoned) by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Player Down by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Powerful Infant by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Room Before Boss by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Story Music Box by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Training Course by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Underground by darksamus77 - DEMO
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Yoshi Start Demo by darksamus77 - DEMO

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Um... you DID check the already existing Prime 2 & 3 soundtracks for songs that already existed, right? Cause while the title themes are missing (maybe except for Prime 3), the Dark Samus battle music should be present...

EDIT: *listens to Metroid Prime title* Is it just me, or does this sound... low quality? *exports to WAV to analyze...*

*gags* 22050Hz?! I'm sorry, but what gives? The OST uses 44.1KHz, and the in-game data streams use 32KHz.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
The files are named weird though for 2.
That's because they use the same names as the original stream data files from the actual game disc.

EDIT: I was right, he does have the title theme for Prime 3!... and also Prime 1 actually. He's just missing Prime 2's title, since the game never had an OST nor is it located in the game's stream data.

HOWEVER, there's a good chance it may be on the Prime Trilogy disc - I'll have to take a look at that when I can in maybe a few weeks and see if I can whip a BRSTM up (my CPU doesn't have have SSE2 support to run Doiphin and by extension its internal file viewer)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Um... you DID check the already existing Prime 2 & 3 soundtracks for songs that already existed, right? Cause while the title themes are missing (maybe except for Prime 3), the Dark Samus battle music should be present...

EDIT: *listens to Metroid Prime title* Is it just me, or does this sound... low quality? *exports to WAV to analyze...*

*gags* 22050Hz?! I'm sorry, but what gives? The OST uses 44.1KHz, and the in-game data streams use 32KHz.
Sorry, jeez, what gives? Just posting some of my Metroid BRSTM's here, not hating on moosehunter...plus a Yoshi's Island soundtrack. I ripped that Title off YT, so sorry if it's "low quality", I don't have the luxury of having OST's at the ready, I do the best I can with what I have. Just want a few more downloads is all, why are you guys acting like I'm insulting moosehunter? I'm not, just posting a few songs, what gives?

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
It's just that if a song is listed already, it's silly to take the time and go through the trouble of converting yet another copy... Typically the only reason to do so would be if there's some sort of room for improvement, like better looping or audio quality.

And FYI, only YouTube's lowest quality format uses audio @ 22050Hz, the other formats use 44.1KHz. This gives me the impression that you used an online converter, which means you've possibly ecoded from lossy to lossy to lossy again - something detrimental to audio quality. Try keeping things lossless as much as possible.

But there was no problem with your other songs, assuming they haven't been done before.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
It's just that if a song is listed already, it's silly to take the time and go through the trouble of converting yet another copy... Typically the only reason to do so would be if there's some sort of room for improvement, like better looping or audio quality.

And FYI, only YouTube's lowest quality format uses audio @ 22050Hz, the other formats use 44.1KHz. This gives me the impression that you used an online converter, which means you've possibly ecoded from lossy to lossy to lossy again - something detrimental to audio quality. Try keeping things lossless as much as possible.

But there was no problem with your other songs, assuming they haven't been done before.
I do use an online converter, Dirpy, which gives good quality mp3's. I realize that, but I'm on a mission to make a BRSTM of most Metroid songs, even if they've been already done...your ZM BRSTM's are awesome, by the way...

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, but I still do not understand why you'd want to make BRSTMs of Metroid songs that are already made...satisfaction that you made them yourself? maybe? (I dunno lol)

As for the MP3 thing, ya see, I'm REALLY picky about those kinds of things and, at least for YouTube videos, I directly download the video and then either extract the audio stream directly or convert to WAV. MP3, no matter how good of quality, will ALWAYS be of lesser quality than the source. Even if you cannot notice it, encoding to BRSTM, a lossy format, only enhances these already-existing compression artifacts, which at that point could very well be noticeable.

If you're wondering, the Zero Mission songs were directly ripped from their native GBA sound data format (GSF) to WAV.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Wow...how do you manage to do all that? Download the video, then extract the audio? Never heard of that before...

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Easy. DownloadVideoHelper to download the video (the audio quality format "food chain" is 37>22>35>18>34>low) and then I open the file in Audacity and export as WAV. Directly extracting the audio data without conversion only works for MP4 formatted videos (formats 37, 22, 18) via Yamb, but is moot point for BRSTMs since the converter can't read AAC audio anyway.

Even then, if you have access to the game discs yourself (for disc-based consoles), the on-disc audio stream data will be higher quality than you can get from YouTube, not to mention will have all (or nearly all) the songs together in one folder. In fact this data will be the highest quality available PERIOD unless the game has an actual OST (note that this isn't always true for sequence-based audio, like the SNES; you can playback and export the audio data at higher depth and the same samplerate as Blu-ray audio - 192KHz 32bit float)

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
Hi, new member here. I thought that I'd contribute some songs I thought should be in the list.

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up By Zealous98 - DEMO - BUY
Nintendo Maniac 64's link is down, so I wasn't able to test it, or even download it for myself. However, I made a seamless loop from the second repeat of the chorus (in the end) to the start of the first verse.

The Lonely Island - I'm On a Boat By Zealous98 - DEMO - BUY
This is a custom loop. Imperfect, but it's an attempt.

Megaman Legends - Escape from the Tower By Zealous98 - DEMO

Me & My - Baby Boy (Speedy Remix) By Zealous98 - DEMO
Excuse the crappy demo link, there's virtually no video with just the song. ._.

The Matrix Reloaded - Mona Lisa Overdrive v2 By Zealous98 - DEMO

I have made many more, but some are admittedly imperfect. I'll check them all and see which ones are good to go (and eventually re-do some). The ones I uploaded here (save for I'm On a Boat) are probably set for green stars. I didn't aim for losslessness or anything though--I don't have those kinds of resources unfortunately.

Thanks. :D

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Pretty sure I'm On A Boat's been done before...
I noticed that, Linkshot, just wanted the complete soundtrack, 2 more songs isn't much trouble at all :laugh:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
You mean Title theme? Well....I happen to have that, plus the other two Prime Title Themes...and Dark Samus Battle Themes
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO Not my original one, this has a seamless loop
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO
Metroid Prime - Title Theme by darksamus77 - DEMO
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Samus Battle by darksamus77 - DEMO
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Dark Samus Battle by darksamus77 - DEMO

Zealous98

Smash Cadet
LOL WUT

It works just fine here...

Did you try using the link in my signature as well?
That's so weird. It works now. For the past few days it said it'd been removed by Mediafire. Oh well. Thanks. :V

Pretty sure I'm On A Boat's been done before...
I know it has, it was just never edited to sound like a natural loop. That was my point but I forgot to communicate that.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Allright, I've updated the thread through page 25, if anyone's interested. darksamus77 posting, I'll update as much as possible...

Smash Apprentice

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Updated up to post 869, everything before that is on the front page minus duplicates. darksamus77 posting here and signing off for the night. Guess I'm covering Cyber for now...he hadn't logged in for 4 days before I started this campaign...

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫

Smash Apprentice
nice job darksamus on the update, though I should let you know the BlazBlue, Phoenix Wright, Ragnarok Battle Offline, and the Street Fighter III songs are placed together in a soundtrack link which means there's no need to place them on the OP again. Just to save you some time, space, and effort :)

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Top Bottom