• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
My wii always freezes whenever a custom texture is loaded during classic mode and SSE. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Do you have both the PCS and (numbered) PAC files? You need the PACs for single player if I recall correctly.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
I have the numbered pac files for every texture, so that can't be it. I have no idea what could be causing this problem, my textures work fine in vs mode.

Edit: Nevermind, I made a mistake with my pac files.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Also how do I change or disable the KK slider songs on Smashville?
Can't you just go to options in the game and put the chance of that song appear to 0? Works for me. (For disabling).

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
One way I guess is you could make a custom silent brstm and put them over the Saturday night songs (if you really don't wanna hear them).

Or turn all music off in general >.>

febs

Smash Cadet
Thread said I could ask how to find out if I am PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J. I bought my wii in canada back in 07, which one am I? And how do I set up the .gct Thanks.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Okay, I've been trying to figure this out and I haven't gotten anywhere. I hope somebody can give me an idea what is wrong.

My Problem:
I'm trying to get the stage textures to work. I placed them in the right directory (RSBE>pf>stage>melee). I go to play on the stage and there is no difference.

What have I done to fix the problem?
I have made sure that the .PAC files are named correctly more than 3 times, corresponding to the stage I wanted the texture to replace. I even copy and pasted the codename (taken from this very thread) of the stage a few times. I even double checked my text file code for the correct one. I copy and pasted it multiple times (code taken from this thread). I have replaced my GCT file a few times with one that is given in one of the "how-to create your own GCT" thread. I gave the PAC files to my friend to see if they would work for him and they do. So, even though it was obvious, the .PAC files that I downloaded work. I even defragmented the SD card. I still got nothing...

My BRSTMs work. I've run out of ideas. Got any clues?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
:( I really have no idea then, sorry.
It seems like you've got them all in the right place, named them properly and using the correct code since your music works. :dizzy:

Is it only your stage textures that don't work? Characters are fine?
Maybe try and get your friend to send their "melee" to you?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yeah, thanks SoniKupo, I've thought about that too. I'll do that. Thank anyway.
Cookie for you!

Edit: I don't have Character Textures. I should probably try that soon.

abkarch

Smash Rookie
i need help. i have the following directory:
private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\metaknight\FitMetaknight01.pcs
also have the .pac file in the same directory.

i have saved the GCT file to codes\RSBE01.gct.
i boot the cheats using orcarina
why isnt it working?!?

thx in advance.

Someguy32

Smash Rookie
i need help. i have the following directory:
private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\metaknight\FitMeta knight01.pcs
also have the .pac file in the same directory.

i have saved the GCT file to codes\RSBE01.gct.
i boot the cheats using orcarina
why isnt it working?!?

thx in advance.
Delete the space in metaknight and it should work. So it should be FitMetaknight01.pcs

Ruse

Fox
I'm having some trouble with some stage texture stuff.

I have two files in private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee (where the tutorial says to put them).

The tutorial then says to name them according to the chart (in my case it's FD and BF, so I have them named "STGFINAL.PAC" and "STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC"), but they still don't seem to be working. At first I hadn't made a pf folder, but I've since fixed that. Any suggestions?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently did a brand new set of Rosalina edits, but it involves KAZECoyote's Rosalina vertex edits.

Basically, the edits involve a combination of KAZECoyote's Rosalina model and texture, JuLz's textures, and Lensho's vertex edits. A lot of the CSS edits used on my first set of Rosalina edits return, but the CSP images are different. Below are some snapshots of my edits.

I had to do a hefty amount of hex editing so that KAZECoyote's vertex edits are applied to Peach's fake model and emerald model.

Also, as an extra bonus, I did some editing on Peach's emerald texture so that she resembles the Cosmic Witch, who is from the upcoming game, Super Mario Galaxy 2. Here are some snapshots of the edits.

On a side note, this texture uses the blue team slot.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ykjyx2nazxo/Rosalina Edits (KAZECoyote).zip

Download contains...

*KAZECoyote's Rosalina texture, and my 5 recolors of it.
*Fake Rosalina (fake texture).
*Dark Rosalina (emerald texture).
*Cosmic Witch (emerald texture).
*Luma (Stafy model replaces Toad).
*Rosalina portraits (big & small).
*An sc_selcharacter.pac file, containing the modified CSS parts.
*Lensho's Rosalina Final Smash (Luma's Blossom).
*Rosalina's Crown for Kirby (Stafy model replaces Toad).
*A set of info.pac files, which replaces Peach's name to Rosalina (also affects Subspace Emissary).
*A STGHEAL.pac file, which replaces Peach's portrait with Rosalina's.

Sorry, but there's no moveset hack. Also, there's no expanded breasts version of these textures either.

What goes where? Here's a full list.

FitPeach##.pcs - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeach##.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachDark.pcs - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachDark.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachFake.pcs - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachFake.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachFinal.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\
FitPeachMotionEtc.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\peach\

FitKirbyPeach00.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\kirby\

InfFace###.brres - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\

MenSelchrFaceB###.brres - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\

selchrcd_common.brres - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\adventure\

info.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_boss_battle.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_boss_battle_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_corps.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_corps_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_homerun.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_homerun_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_training.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\
info_training_mg.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info2\

sc_selcharacter.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\
sc_adv_seal.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\

if_adv_mngr.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\

STGHEAL.pac - [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee\

For the portraits, refer to the images below.

Big Portraits

Small Portraits

CSS Parts

Extra Images

Images below are extras that are used with files that aren't in the download.

Character Roll Call (used with the file, STGCHARAROLL.pac)

Main Menu (used with the files, mu_menumain.pac and sc_sel_event.pac)

Stock Icons (used with the files, sc_selcharacter.pac, sc_selmap.pac, sc_adv_seal.pac, info_corps.pac, info_corps_mg.pac, if_adv_mngr.pac, and STGRESULT.pac)

Credits go to KAZECoyote, Lensho, and JuLz for all the texture and model edits.

Arkio

Smash Cadet
I did some searches on these threads and found nothing to answer my question. Why is it when I use the code for textures, set everything up, and get it working, characters like Marth, Peach, Donkey Kong, etc all stop auto sweet spotting the edge? Furthermore, why does Toon Link's sweet spotted Dair set people on fire?

If these are, for some uncanny reason, built into the NTSC code located in the OP, how can I disable it? Is there simply no way to prevent this?

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
Hi, this is something I recently did, is a Tifa texture/Model, for the lovers of FF7, I have to give credit to lookitslink for his "Zelda Enhaces Breast" hack. Hope you all like it.

Here is the download:

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Eh, it's so hard to decide which Rosalina is better out of all the options because there is always something that turns me off. At least this one is Brawlified well, but the sleeves and her eyes look strange.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I have no textures on PictoChat and I'm still getting some invisible wall at some point during the stage, where there are no hazards and its just flat, the walls in the middle.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at

I have two files in private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee (where the tutorial says to put them).

The tutorial then says to name them according to the chart (in my case it's FD and BF, so I have them named "STGFINAL.PAC" and "STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC"), but they still don't seem to be working. At first I hadn't made a pf folder, but I've since fixed that. Any suggestions?
do you have a working GCT file?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar

Dude, I gotchu! I had the EXACT same problem (my prob was on the previous page if you wanna have a look-see). Try this; put the Final Destination stage to read "STGFINAL" WITHOUT the ".PAC" extension. See if that works. I did a little fiddling trial and error and found that to solve my problem. Hope it helps!

Edit: I found that the Smashville stage code isn't in the OP. I mean, you can search this thread to find it but It should be added in. Anyway, on Smashville code, I would like to know which code (01, 02 etc...) corresponds to the time of day. I guess, I could do some more trial and error... but anyone got the info on it already?

Aeon70

Smash Rookie
I need help: I wan't to rplace sonic's mark in the HUD (in battle) but I've only foud the way to replace the CSS one

∫unk

Smash Master
That first link was really helpful, thanks.

I saw the youtube video already but there's no link there, but doesn't matter problem solved :D

Top Bottom