• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OLD, CLOSED Zero Suit Samus Video Thread (2/2/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Uhh, here's 3 videos of me during a Crew Battle @ Pound4. It was a crew battle, so expect to see more/less stocks on each side every match, and it was 4 months ago, so I assure you I've gotten better and started using pretty much all of ZSS's options... So, I guess it's just-for-fun videos since they're not technically legit matches, and they're kinda old. :p

Crew Battle
(1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlFu8LbYtA - Nope (Snake) vs Kewkky (ZSS), 1 stock vs 4 stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9c13I4BBQ - AlphaZealot (Diddy) vs Kewkky (ZSS), 3 stocks vs 4 stocks
(2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjawCblhauE - Infern (Ike) vs Kewkky (ZSS), 4 stocks vs 1 stock

Friendlies @ PR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_okfhpyp8 - TWiNK (TL) vs Kewkky (ZSS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L6kaB3jv4c - TWiNK (TL) vs Kewkky (ZSS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmEqQGlf6CI TWiNK (TL) vs Kewkky (ZSS)

solecalibur

Smash Master
Uhh, here's 3 videos of me during a Crew Battle @ Pound4. It was a crew battle, so expect to see more/less stocks on each side every match, and it was 4 months ago, so I assure you I've gotten better and started using pretty much all of ZSS's options... So, I guess it's just-for-fun videos since they're not technically legit matches, and they're kinda old. :p

Crew Battle 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlFu8LbYtA - Nope vs Kewkky, 1 stock vs 4 stock

Crew Battle 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf9c13I4BBQ - AlphaZealot vs Kewkky, 3 stocks vs 4 stocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjawCblhauE - Infern vs Kewkky, 4 stocks vs 1 stock
@your match vs AZ always throw away two pieces away against diddy as diddy mains always have much better options with armor , your item control is amazing but needs more up and down glide tossing

avoid using neutral b at point blank mid range vs a diddy as they have tools (even with out bananas) to punish

Still good job

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Never side b diddy when he has a nanner in hand and is on the ground, if he shields he can punish every single time and then it's 25% combos and momentum to him. You got punished a lot for this. Instead try and bait him to toss the nanner and then either avoid it or take control of it so that you can effectively get inside and force him to pull nanners again.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Avoid the use of full jab combos on ICs as they can easily Powersheild and grab you for a chain grab (if it works on player X because he doesnt know it go for it!) , Dash attacking in general is a bad idea vs ICs and should be used 5-10 times vs ICs in a SET and can lead into chaingrabs

-When recovering attempt to use Down B as a 3rd jump and bide your time attempting to scare your opponent off the ledge or knock them off with a uair/upB etc to recovery (Give it time to learn how to recover)

-Also avoid recovering with down B (maybe 1 or twice a match tops) as you can easily sheild it and grab afterward (might get away with your friend but not with many others in the competitive community)

Also dont get discourged by my feedback as it does take quite a bit of time to really learn the character and will get better overall in time

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Avoid the use of full jab combos on ICs as they can easily Powersheild and grab you for a chain grab (if it works on player X because he doesnt know it go for it!) , Dash attacking in general is a bad idea vs ICs and should be used 5-10 times vs ICs in a SET and can lead into chaingrabs

-When recovering attempt to use Down B as a 3rd jump and bide your time attempting to scare your opponent off the ledge or knock them off with a uair/upB etc to recovery (Give it time to learn how to recover)

-Also avoid recovering with down B (maybe 1 or twice a match tops) as you can easily sheild it and grab afterward (might get away with your friend but not with many others in the competitive community)

Also dont get discourged by my feedback as it does take quite a bit of time to really learn the character and will get better overall in time
LOL

Bit too much DA as well, don't get predictible with it.

Drae

Smash Rookie

This is exactly what I want to hear so thanks. I know I have a crap ton of bad habits to break and I'm slowly getting there so thanks for your help.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Dazwa doesn't know how to do the "infinite" lol. You have to pivot grab so that he touches the ground again to reset the stun enabler or w/e

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
There were some vids recorded of me vs. Nope's Snake. I'll post'em up as soon as King Yoshi posts the vids. Nope won 2-0, so I'll be posting for critique and knowledge on what I did wrong and what I can do better. Snakes are gay, sometime, but Nope is legit.

EDIT: Until then, here's an old video of Ankoku's Sheik vs. me and my ZSS. It's my favorite MU, btw, no matter who I'm fighting.

Sovereign vs. Ankoku

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa doesn't know how to do the "infinite" lol. You have to pivot grab so that he touches the ground again to reset the stun enabler or w/e
I had a sudden thought, "wait, his bike is on the stage...if I grab, I win?" So I grabbed. And I totally forgot the pivot grab part, I was too excited :laugh:

shlike

Smash Ace
dazwa IMO grabbing is too good in the wario matchup. If you think the wario is gonna approach with a dair, or an airdodge pivot grab him. Even without the infinite you can air release to a fair/uair/bair which is a free chase opportunity. Ally's wario just kept airdodging into you and grabbing you, everytime that happened I face palmed. Also I'm extremely curious why you stale bair so much, yeah it's a great zoning tool but it makes it a lot harder to land a kill move. Either way I would much rather seen you vs ally's snake than his wario :'(

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah but Wario is not easy to grab. Come on Captain Falcon can knee of justice sweetspot/falcon dive out of a grab release but thats not Mu breaking =/
And if ZSS misses a grab she's gonna be punishe't hard. I mean like Fsmash hard.
So its not a good idea to be predicteble and overusing grabs.

shlike

Smash Ace
Yeah but Wario is not easy to grab. Come on Captain Falcon can knee of justice sweetspot/falcon dive out of a grab release but thats not Mu breaking =/
And if ZSS misses a grab she's gonna be punishe't hard. I mean like Fsmash hard.
So its not a good idea to be predicteble and overusing grabs.
I'm not talking about being predictable and throwing out grabs left and right, it all comes down to what kind of player you are and if youre willing to risk pivot grabbing a wario wairdodging or dairing towards you. It's not mu breaking no, but it helps. If you're able to read your opponent like that it will demoralize him/her, ultimately helping you win the match/set. And cmon dude dont compare zss to falcon, zss can grab wario a lot eaiser than captain falcon. ZSS can shieldgrab wario's fsmash, and pivot grab him out of the air, and if iirc she can grab him out of the bike as well not to mention paralyzer/dsmash.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I can't wait for Warios to remember that if they DI away+jump out of grab release, they cannot be d-smashed, even with the bike on the stage.

Also, you can shieldgrab a Wario for hitting your shield/whiffing a f-smash, even if you aren't facing them.

shlike

Smash Ace
I don't use the dsmash out of grab release for that reason, i fair at low percents to mid percents, and uair or bair if i get a grab in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom