• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Steelia

Smash Champion
@Silent Wolf, while I don't know anything on changing Fox's shine/laser colors... I can say that, in regards to the texture packs, you don't necessarily need texture packs for Fox -- from what I see, all his colors share the exact same placements. So, literally, you could edit FxNr's textures and paste them into his Or, La, even Gr DAT files.
From what I can also tell, this same concept applies to Falco... You could edit his FcNr textures and place them in the same places in his Bu, Re, and Gr.

Just thought I'd give the heads-up.

I know what I did wrong now. I just edited the green fox .dat file and tried to put that into the red fox slot rather than extracting the red fox .dat file lol.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
is there any way someone can make an EVEN MORE Simplified steps to creating a Burned texture copy of melee. STEPS that also includde the homebrew setup and everything just for the sole purpose of burning a texture copyed of melee.

Steelia

Smash Champion
is there any way someone can make an EVEN MORE Simplified steps to creating a Burned texture copy of melee. STEPS that also includde the homebrew setup and everything just for the sole purpose of burning a texture copyed of melee.
I wish I could help with Homebrew, but things have changed so drastically since I installed mine that it would probably do more harm than good; I got help for my install, but the steps the person gave me are long gone. And even then, it was mostly trial and error.

I know you can definitely find Homebrew setups all around Google; last I checked, they even have special packages downloadable to get all things set up on your SD Card.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
When using GC tools, and you extract the file how do you construct it to a file to be placed to disk.

In other words edit and then burn to disk, what are the steps. I tried doing the marth pack, in which I switched the files but when I burnt the disk it was the same without the alteration.

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
Any Anime Fans Here?You Should Make Naruto On Roy Like You Did Kira on Marth or something :]
I have an idea on doing The Mushroom Kingdom With NSMBW Textuire Hacks and maybe turning the Yoshi Story Stage into Dooplis Stage or Petal Medows
I ca do this.. just that i dont have Photoshop
Can I do Texture Hacks using GIMP? Is CSP steps the same For Stage Texture Hacks?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
easiest way to hack your wii

google
modify any wii 4.2

follow the first gbatemp.net link you find
READ EVERYTHING. READ IT WORD FOR WORD, ONE WORD AT A TIME. DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING. FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY.

it's that easy. after you do all of that, you should have a general idea as to how apps and stuff work
so you download miospatcher (if you are connected to the internet) and extract the contents and place it in a folder on your sd card
so it should look like
assuming your SD card is G:
G:\apps\miospatcher
make sure to rename any .elf or .dol files into
boot.elf
or
boot.dol
respectively
run miospatcher in homebrew

if not, you use cmios installer rev3 (or 5 whatever) and google "rvl mios v8 wad"
cmios rev3 can either use internet or from sd card.
place the rvl mios wad onto the root of your SD card.
so you would do this
G:\apps\cmios whatever you want to name this folder
G:\rvl-mios-v8.wad

then run cmios in homebrew

after all of that you should have
1) bootmii as boot2
2) mios patched
3) cios patched

to burn a hacked/downloaded copy of melee
YOU CANNOT USE DVD-RWS
DVD-RS AND DVD+RS BOTH WORK
MAKE SURE TO BURN AT THE SLOWEST SPEED POSSIBLE
HOWEVER SOME DRIVES AND DISKS CAN BE FINICKY FOR VARIOUS TECHNICAL REASONS
IF YOU HAVE SOME DVD-RS OR DVD+RS AND THEY DON'T SEEM TO WORK, TRY A DIFFERENT BURNER OR GO GET SOME DIFFERENT DISCS, THEY'RE PRETTY CHEAP.

from then on you download "gc backup launcher 0.2" or any other disc loading app
put it in your app folder, following the same concepts as the two apps above
load
etc.

once you use bootmii, you can just use a gc controller in the first slot to get to the homebrew channel and navigate to whatever you need on the homebrew channel. you can boot burned melee in gc backup launcher 0.2 or neogamma or whatever loader you like.

SleepyK

When using GC tools, and you extract the file how do you construct it to a file to be placed to disk.

In other words edit and then burn to disk, what are the steps. I tried doing the marth pack, in which I switched the files but when I burnt the disk it was the same without the alteration.
iori make sure you replace the correct files. the audio for all characters have two sets: japanese and english.
the english voices are located in the US folder

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Not really about textures or anything, but I figured most of you would know, how do you launch games on the wii without the wiimote?
I dont ever touch the Wiimote at all when playing Melee (Custom Melee) on my Wii.

I installed Bootmii, launched the Homebrew Channel, and then run the GC Backup Launcher with no Wiimote, just navigating with the Gamecube Controller.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
after trying several times, i always get a blank screen when i try to download the mios patcher from homebrew. anyone know why?

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
You need a vulnerable IOS to do that.

You need to install CIOS by Waninkoko.

In order: a) Homebrew Channel, b) CIOS patched, c) mios patched.

P.S.

I burn everything at 16X Speed. Melee burns in 1 - 2 minutes.

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
You need a vulnerable IOS to do that.

You need to install CIOS by Waninkoko.

In order: a) Homebrew Channel, b) CIOS patched, c) mios patched.

P.S.

I burn everything at 16X Speed. Melee burns in 1 - 2 minutes.
Dosent She Need To install cIOS 36 with trucha bug restorer? then instal cIOS249 then she can install cMIOS?

D1

Can anyone make a Rachel Alucard Peach in Melee for me?

I seen somone already do it in Brawl and it looked pretty ****.

She's in my sig if you're interested as in how she looks....also my avvy.

smakis

Smash Ace
random thought, is it possible to edit the stage select textures? thinking about creating a tourney iso, replace special melee or something with a page with the rules and add stuff like "neutral singles", "counterpick teams", "banned" while hovering the cursor over a stage

aberz™

Smash Cadet
Got all the downloads I need so now ima start on reading the full guide.
I hope I get it right the first time.

LuCKy

Smash Master

http://www.mediafire.com/?gg4nfmzm0dn

this is that sasuke fox that qual made :D

i remember reading that steelia said it was possible/really easy to change fox and falcos texture files to different colors

if thats true could steelia or someone else who knows how, change the color of this fox from neutral to blue?

please and thank you in advance <3

-edit yo sleepy, did you ever get around to my dbz sound effects for fox?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I saw a Scorpion alternate costume for C. Falcon. Was I imagining that? Because if I was, I'm mad at my dreams.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I could help you

I'm also pretty dumb but I finally got it more or less and I have done a few for myself so.. yeah

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
hmm.. does anybody have a POKEMON STADIUM stage hack?

It's the only legal stage I have without a hack on it so..

well and fountain of dreams too but I doubt there is a hack for that one

ps. nevermind, I found the Dreamland one

SleepyK

just
1) read the guides
2) watch the video tutorial series

or if you don't care about volume normalization and some random cracks and stuff, just watch part 6.

or you can hit me up on aim about it and i'll explain it to you in detail in conjunction with a video guide.

Top Bottom