• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
kirbykaze whats the timing for falcons shield grab? if the timing isnt much different from that then this probably isnt really worth it but if theres a significant frame difference then i might start trying to do this

im probably not gonna get to play anyone within the next week and a half or so, and definitely not anybody good enough to make me shield against them, so i wont really get to try this out
Falcon's grab comes out frame 7. So there's a 2 frame difference. Not a whole lot, but it might be applicable vs mid-height Nairs. Not that anyone does those...

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
well now that i think about it though, grab is difficult to time but you can buffer the jump so that would not require timing even

it would require extreme presence of mind to think to do it though

and yeah i posted it here cause this is my main thread pretty much but this is a reasonably decent option for every character that doesnt fall down. imagine peach doing this **** into dsmash when foxes think theyre about to waveshine, marth and sheik could probably grab with their range, and even if theres no viable counterattack you just reset the situation only taking 3% which is good enough for me

D

Deleted member

it's a great option but I thought u were talking about using it to grab which i still think sucks

I see mango do this a lot (not grab)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh i went to a tourney yesterday

went all falcon

im not confident enough to use other chars lol

maybe in teams tho i would go falco

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
1: chopz
2: jman
3: hax
4: swift
5: eggm
5: alukard
7: reno
7: hbk
9: d1
9: djn
9: pc jona
9: g$
13: niko
13: deathknight
13: hazz
13: otg
17: t webb
17: fluffy g
17: just sexed
17: nando
17: L
17: mogwai
17: prog
17: qbert
25: nook

i beat hazz...which was nuts to me lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
d1 is a fox player, i think hes really good

i was watching him play friendlies with hax, they were going almost even i would say

Animal

Smash Lord
ya i remeber that, **** Jona if i didnt have finals this week i would have been there yesterday and *****. good **** beating hazz

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
well now that i think about it though, grab is difficult to time but you can buffer the jump so that would not require timing even

it would require extreme presence of mind to think to do it though

and yeah i posted it here cause this is my main thread pretty much but this is a reasonably decent option for every character that doesnt fall down. imagine peach doing this **** into dsmash when foxes think theyre about to waveshine, marth and sheik could probably grab with their range, and even if theres no viable counterattack you just reset the situation only taking 3% which is good enough for me
Unknown522 thinks the future of vs Falco will involve SHing at low percent so you take his Dairs, hit the ground without stun, and then grabbing him into monster **** while he's L-canceling and whatever (or Peach D-smash/Falco Shine; obviously this is char dependent).

After the Shine thing with Sheik I always grab but that's because her grab range is nuts. As Falcon though you have a suite of silly leanback bullcrap moves so you might be able to try one of those and get a terrible DI on an F-smash or something. Idk.

Scar

#HarveyDent
how do you survive when you up-b people when off the stage? Do you have to hold a certain direction when you are "YESSSSSSSSSSS"ing some1? like when i do it out there, some times i upb even at ledge-level, and i cant make it back anyway. But it seems like every time, no matter where you do it from, you make it back.
upB to re-upB is all timing. you get better at it by repetition and trial and error. re-upB seems to go farther than regular upB too, in certain situations.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
One of my pet peeves is when people ask you a question but then tell you how you should've answered.

Anyways, I think upBing diagonally gets you more distance than just straight up perhaps? That might be your issue.

Recovering against a competent spacie with good reflexes is impossible :(

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
hey jetfoursome, nobody asked you. im just asking scar to think about it again. i didnt tell him anything. :)

hey jpobs....youre gay.

lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yo reneblade, come to GAMME i randomly wanna play you really badly so i can experience the ownage of your dropzones.

or ROM3, i might be there too.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
word, wato10 or whatever tis what i meant

aight homie if i catch u at rom3 friendlies all dai. show me ya moves.

p.s. im playing spaminals lol

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
the sandbag combo, whatever move you need to do to set up into a Full hop Dair, as your landing nair (only first hit) reset, immediately dtilt, knee.

dubbed after marth1's HRC videos. **** works too. i've pulled it on my friends ganon, and i think i can on a few other characters. : )

JPOBS

Smash Hero
there are hard characters is ssb64?

honestly ever character is kinda like
1. land a launcher
2. massive (mostly) garunteed combo
3. ???
4. Profit.

Animal

Smash Lord
i <3 falcon in 64. and in this game. both equally ****. Cant wait to **** all my falcon brothers at Rom 3 and possibly Apex 2 if you guys go. We need a section of t.v's dedicated to us

Animal

Smash Lord
fthrow fair regrab fthrow fair uair up b = the Animal. Easiest auto death combo ever haha

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Up-smash>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>uair>Up-B
so many upairs O.o

Tomacawk said:
how do you deal with a fox who camps bairs under a platform and lasers when you're far away?
how can I get the first hit in? bair cuts through my nair and the only thing I've found that can guarantee me a hit is dd camping very dangerously close to him, close enough where if he does anything except stationary bair I get hit
halp
also I've noticed that when playing against fox, if you buffer a roll to get away from waveshines on shield, buffer behind him not in front of him or else he'll waveshine forwards and be perfect distance to shine again

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
fox stuff
If Fox is bair camping, you have to be unpredictably tricky. Full jump stomps, weird DDing, stupid stuff to throw off their game. If you go for textbook stuff, they will react to it easily.

This sounds obvious but you should be more conscious of it when you're playing: you shouldn't be shielding against Fox in the first place. Don't let Fox get you to the position where you need to shield or you're done. Run, jump, or outprioritize instead. You should be outspacing Fox and outDDing Fox to be defensively successful.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
kirbykaze apparently i need to check this thread more, but ive seen hbox get hit by chops' dair in the air then uthrow rest him

Top Bottom