• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jpobs: if you get hit by a move while you are in the air that sends you downwards, e.g. fox's dair, fox's shine, falco's dair (when youre not in stun or something, i'm not sure exactly how it works), as soon as you hit the ground you are out of stun

therefore, while most often in the history of smash people have used this opportunity to shield in order to shorten the combo, people are considering/beginning to counterattack using this opportunity

mogwai then you'll get cc'd uh oh

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
jpobs: if you get hit by a move while you are in the air that sends you downwards, e.g. fox's dair, fox's shine, falco's dair (when youre not in stun or something, i'm not sure exactly how it works), as soon as you hit the ground you are out of stun

therefore, while most often in the history of smash people have used this opportunity to shield in order to shorten the combo, people are considering/beginning to counterattack using this opportunity

mogwai then you'll get cc'd uh oh
nuh uh, cause you'll be in teh air. u can't be in teh air and CCing at teh same time.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it's more like that evens and odds thing (http://www.gamesmuseum.uwaterloo.ca/VirtualExhibits/Brueghel/odds.html) since there are effectively only 2 choices each. but w/e.

it's still not like that because of how Falco can bait it and how much of a commitment jumping is, but it would be cool if it blew the doors off of the vs. Falco metagame.

EDIT: PS -> anything is so gay.

D

Deleted member

i'm convinced that once u figure it out Falcon vs Falco is fairly even enough that the better player will win

falcon vs fox is gayyyyyy

falcon vs shiek is gayy but most shieks suck

j00t

Smash Champion
Falco = easier than fox
fox = gay
sheik = gay but not as gay as fox (imo)

peach is a whiny *****
marth is alright

yup

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
especially not fox haha

i played pc chris' fox like once...

yea...

a real good fox is impossible...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
This sounds obvious but you should be more conscious of it when you're playing: you shouldn't be shielding against Fox in the first place. Don't let Fox get you to the position where you need to shield or you're done. Run, jump, or outprioritize instead. You should be outspacing Fox and outDDing Fox to be defensively successful.
I'm aware of this. If I prepare for the best and only the best then I'm unprepared for anything sub-optimal

D

Deleted member

yea it is, dont have such a scrub mentality and maybe youll get better

but youre right, darkrain will never win a national because of the number of gay spacies he needs to go through
no it isn't fuktard

all i'm saying is falco is the easiest out of fox, falco , shiek and nothing else

you talk like you are good and not some washed up 06 "pro", MM? 50 minimum

g-regulate

Smash Hero
rofl i dont know why i post here with you scrubs

seriously, its just pages and pages of "fox and sheik are gay"

"all im saying" is that good falcons dont complain like fags

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
the game has changed old timer. the **** you did 4 years ago, all it nets you now is the receiving end of a death combo.

We'ere just out here tryin to figure out what works. Let us wallow in our pity, we'll figure it out.

dont go though greg, you still interject useful tidbits to us

D

Deleted member

rofl i dont know why i post here with you scrubs

seriously, its just pages and pages of "fox and sheik are gay"

"all im saying" is that good falcons dont complain like fags
nobody asked for ur gay life lesson

MM?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
seriously though wtf is an s2j? id gladly money match some falcon ive never heard of for $100

but it wont happen cause you probably dont travel, and suck

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
read kk's last post

I'll counter that **** by just using nair :p
I know this... though I tend to think if you can hurt Falco's second best move and maybe death combo him when you do (because Falcon can do that just not all the time) then some progress has been made.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
sometimes i wish you could unsubscribe threads but be subscribed to specific people in them. Cause really all i've given a **** about in the past 1293841209481 pages is BigD and KK's little tangent

as long as he plays like he did in pound 3 crews g-regs got nothing to worry about

Top Bottom