• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The STDT Thread -- Now with 200% more BrawlBox!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
==================POST IS OUTDATED, WILL FIX TOMORROW WHEN I WAKE UP================

Should be rather simple.

Open this: http://www.h-schmidt.net/FloatApplet/IEEE754.html
Open your MiscData[20] in a hex editor of your choice (find out how to group by dword)
Copypaste any 8 digit number (called a Float or Floating Point, and sometimes just FP) after 0x14 in the "Hexadecimal Representation" field and press enter. The number that it represents will appear below it.
Pick a number very far away from it, and find its Hexadecimal Representation.
Replace the old one with the new one you just found
Look for what's changed; document in this thread.

Easy!

[collapse=Luigi's Mansion]14 - Mansion Respawn Time (Frames)
18 - Mansion Respawn Animation Time (Frames)
38 - damage required to break top pillars
3C - damage required to break bottom pillars (when top is not around)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Jungle Japes]14 - Height of water
18 - Speed the water travels at
1C - idk
20 - idk
24 - idk
28 - idk
2C - Klap trap rate[/collapse]

[collapse=Big Blue]14 - Something to do with the positioning of cars? 1000 = fall through floor into void, -50 = cars **** each other
18 - Something to do with floating platforms... I had three out at once. I don't think that's supposed to happen.
2C - Number of cars onstage at the beginning; freezes if too high (Hex)[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi's Island]20 = the speed at which the platform tilts (it starts at .1, and putting it to a higher number makes it switch positions instantly)
30 = length of time that the ghosts stay out once they come up (frames)
38 = duration of each season (frames)[/collapse]

[collapse=Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1]14h: .3 by default, no clear effect when changed to 5 or 100
18h: .91 by default, scrolling speed! Sometimes messes with appearance of background flag and castle
1Ch: .74 by default, no clear effect when changed to 5
20h: 6 by default, hit points of breakable blocks
24h: .6 by default, no clear effect when changed to 5
28h: 120 by default, no clear effect when changed to 1
2Ch: 20 by default, no clear effect when changed to 120
30h: 2 by default
34h: 3 by default
38h: 4.5 by default[/collapse]

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
what son

your beautiful thread aint got no lists and im 100% sure that nobody even bothered posting it in the first place :p

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
oh lmao.

u see, ppl need to get tson into stuff. hes a baws.

EDIT: oh and b+ should really use these offsets instead of using the slowdown code so that you can have the house come up regular speed but stay down longer

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Dibs on Skyworld. ;o

Made a list of all stages that have MiscData[20]

Code:
Stages that have MiscData[20]

STGCRAYON
STGDOLPIC
STGDONKEY
STGDXBIGBLUE
STGDXGARDEN
STGDXONETT
STGEARTH
STGFAMICOM
STGFZERO
STGGREENHILL
STGGW
STGHALBERD
STGHOMERUN
STGICE
STGJUNGLE
STGKART
STGMANSION
STGMARIOPAST_00
STGMARIOPAST_01
STGMETALGEAR_00
STGMETALGEAR_01
STGMETALGEAR_02
STGNORFAIR
STGPALUTENA
STGPICTCHAT
STGPIRATES
STGPLANKTON
STGSTADIUM
STGGDIFF
STGTENGAN_1
STGTENGAN_2
STGTENGAN_3
STGVILLAGE_00
STGVILLAGE_01
STGVILLAGE_02
STGVILLAGE_03
STGVILLAGE_04

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I'll look into this when I have time, sounds interesting.

Or it could just be boring stuff that no one cares about, but that's unlikely because most new discoveries in Brawl hacking are exciting :U

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
:/ Just went through the first FP. 14 controls the break percentage. Skyworld has A LOT of FPs and I don't really see what else there is to control other than respawn time.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I messed with Pirate Ship and lawled at the results. Now I just need to do it one FP at a time and not replace them all at once XD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Big Blue has a lot.

14 - Something to do with the positioning of cars? 1000 = fall through floor into void, -50 = cars **** each other
18 - Something to do with floating platforms... I had three out at once. I don't think that's supposed to happen.
1C - idk
2C - Number of cars onstage at the beginning; freezes if too high (Hex)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island:

20 = the speed at which the platform tilts (it starts at .1, and putting it to a higher number makes it switch positions instantly)
30 = length of time that the ghosts stay out once they come up (frames)
38 = duration of each season (frames)

Still experimenting with stuff.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Interesting i'm kinda not surprised that stage event data was in the misc data 20
But 2 questions
1.Are the stage hitboxes located in this as well?
2.Mind adding pics to the "guide" in the OP i kinda don't get this

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
No, there's no hitbox data. I'll do pics tomorrow I guess. It's really not that complicated though...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I have some suspicions about a few things, but I'm getting kinda tired. I'll investigate some more stuff later.

To contribute...

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
Code:
14h: .3 by default, no clear effect when changed to 5 or 100
18h: .91 by default, scrolling speed! Sometimes messes with appearance of background flag and castle
1Ch: .74 by default, no clear effect when changed to 5
20h: 6 by default, hit points of breakable blocks
24h: .6 by default, no clear effect when changed to 5
28h: 120 by default, no clear effect when changed to 1
2Ch: 20 by default, no clear effect when changed to 120
30h: 2 by default
34h: 3 by default
38h: 4.5 by default
This was very tedious since I waited through the entire scrolling animation for every one that wasn't clear which as it turns out covered almost all of them (ugh). I swear the time between passing the castle and the stage "looping" wasn't the same for all of these, but I couldn't really be scientific (one of these may be a parameter that determines how long that takes). I didn't check the last three at all because I need sleep and am getting frustrated at a total lack of anything (I heavily suspect 34h is going to be the number of times you can hit the multi-coin block since that's 3 normally), and I don't know anything about 1-2 though no doubt it's similar. All my testing was done in Bbrawl training mode so anything having to do with the way the items come out of the boxes or the intro animation to this stage would be missed.

I would like to suggest as this is documented that original values be included. That will no doubt prove very helpful to anyone who tries to make use of your data.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This thread is way too inactive.

Green Greens

Code:
14h: 30 by default, block appearance frequency (lower numbers mean a faster frequency)
I may fill in more later, but I got lucky and happened upon the value I wanted first. I am probably going to be editing this post with more info one way or another anyway (either more Green Greens or stuff for other stages).

PictoChat has some strange structure; I'm pretty sure MiscData[20] on that stage contains data for one specific drawing seeing as there's models and miscdata 10, 20, 30... 250, 260, 270 (however, it looks like these are all floating points so... this stage is probably highly customizable!). I'm guessing either MiscData[4] or MiscData[6], both irregular numbers formatted like typical MiscData[20], contain the universal floating points for the stage.

PictoChat
Code:
MiscData[4]
14h: 300 by default, time until first drawing (frames?)
18h: 240 by default, setting to 1 has no obvious effect
1Ch: 480 by default, setting to 1 has no obvious effect
20h: 600 by default, setting to 1 has no obvious effect though I swear I saw weirdness
24h: 900 by default, related to drawing duration, hypothesis below
Setting 24h to 1 causes the drawings to disappear more quickly, but how quickly seems to depend on the drawing. My hypothesis is that it's a frame counter (900 would correspond to 15 seconds), and after that many frames have passed, the current drawing will terminate at the end of its current animation cycle.

I wasn't able to find values that work with how PictoChat actively draws which is what I was looking for (I was looking to slow down the transitions between neutral form and any particular drawing, to be more clear). This stage is... a massive headache. Those three values I wasn't able to figure out may be related even; I just don't know...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Pokemon Stadium 2:

40 - Amount of frames between the start of the match and the first transformation (default is 2400 frames/40 seconds).

I haven't looked at any other offsets because this was the one I was specifically looking for.

Also, quick tip. Hex Workshop has a feature where it can show the floating point value of a hex string. You can edit that directly and it will change the hex for you, so you don't need to keep switching back and forth from that website.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
oh lmao.

u see, ppl need to get tson into stuff. hes a baws.

EDIT: oh and b+ should really use these offsets instead of using the slowdown code so that you can have the house come up regular speed but stay down longer
i no rite, that tson guy gets **** done 'round here

but you forget taht we're using my mansion...which doesnt need the level freezer any more

Dibs on Skyworld. ;o
plz finish skyworld

+1 gratitude to you if you do

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I sort of have. There are A LOT of floating points for skyworld, most of which don't seem to do anything. Here's what I've found so far, though.

Code:
14 - How much damage platforms need to take before breaking
18 - idk
1C - idk
20 - idk
24 - Seems that any value higher than the original causes the platforms not to break after you have broken them once
28 - same as 24

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm completely surprised at the lack of attention this thread has gotten
But i do think i get this i'll try posting some values soon i hope
TSON i still want those pics for the guide though :p

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yeah I'm bumping this.

I think I'm gonna try to look at WarioWare soon, at least so I can freeze it without using a code.

Other people should keep doing things too.

Edit: No progress on freezing WarioWare yet, but apparently it has a variable that controls how much the camera is zoomed in. Well, either that, or it changes how big the stage is, since it acts really weirdly when you pause it and move the camera around. Or maybe it's both, since I changed like 10 things at once in this particular test. Anyway, my main point is that it's really hard to tell what's affecting anything on this stage since there are so many variables and odd controls to begin with.

Also, I'm editing MiscData10, because there's no 20 on this stage.

Edit2: Just for laughs, here's a video of the monstrosity I created. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxZBLnS-Rg

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I got a little data:
Halberd
0x14 - Nothing
0x18 - Nothing
0x1C - Frequency of Hazards. High Number = Less. Low number = more.
0x20 - Same as 1C
0x24 - Nothing
0x28 - Nothing
0x2C - Nothing
0x30 - Nothing
0x34 - Warning Sign Visiblity in Frames?
0x38 - Time that main platform stays out? A small number made it stay out normally, but a large number made it not go away...

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
This thread doesn't seem appropriate for the tutorials/help/faqs subforum. I never come in here.

Delphino
Code:
0x14	1020	Time(Frames) spent on the ground
0x18	1	idk
0x1C	0	idk
0x20	1200	Time(Frames) until platforms disappear. Odd glitch where platforms do not disappear and no time is spent on the ground if you set this somewhere below 300.
0x24	240	Time(Frames) it takes for the platforms to fade away/appear and move in/out of position
0x28	80	idk
0x2C - 0x34 don't look like FP. Actually I should probably mess around with the values anyways.

Greens
Code:
0x30	0.12	Likelihood (out of 1) that a block will be a bomb
This could be incorporated into BrawlBox, then we wouldn't have to export, use a hex editor, and import.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Shadow Moses Island (REX) aka STGMETALGEAR_02
Code:
0x14  No clear change
0x18  No clear change
0x1C  No clear change
0x24 Damage Required to destroy upper part of tower
0x28 Damage Required to destroy lower part of tower
0x44 Time it takes for tower to respawn in frames. Timer starts about a second late.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Code:
Jungle Japes

14 - Height of water
18 - Speed the water travels at
1C - idk
20 - idk
24 - idk
28 - idk
2C - Klap trap rate
Hey, if you set the water speed to negative, does it make the water push you backwards? (or positive if it's already negative)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Delphino
Code:
0x14	1020	Time(Frames) spent on the ground
0x18	1	idk
0x1C	0	idk
0x20	1200	Time(Frames) until platforms disappear. Odd glitch where platforms do not disappear and no time is spent on the ground if you set this somewhere below 300.
0x24	240	Time(Frames) it takes for the platforms to fade away/appear and move in/out of position
0x28	80	idk
Does Port Town run on something similar to this setup? I've been trying to make the platforms never land or stop moving...

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I added "switch source" button to STDT editor. So, you can edit multiple STDT now.
...Or are there any bugs?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Mario Bros(STGFAMICOM)

0x14 original value is 10 - no idea
0x18 original value is 45 - no idea
0x1C original value is 90 - no idea
0x20 original value is 1800 - POW block respawn time - larger number is longer it takes to respawn, shorter number makes it respawn faster
0x24 original value is 2 - Knockback of powblock jumps - higher the number the higher the KB, vise versa(does not affect crabs and turtles)
0x28 original value is 480 - The time it takes for the first turtle to spawn? Higher number is the longer it takes to spawn the first turtle
0x 2C original value is 420 - Really not sure.
0x30 original value is 720 - Really not sure.

0x34 original value is 0.2 - Seems to control the spawn rate for turtles. Setting it to 10 made them only spawn, and setting it to 0 made only crabs spawn.
0x38 original value is 0.1 - *Seems to control the spawn rate for crabs. Setting it to 10 made them only spawn, and setting it to 0 made only turtles spawn.
^Setting both these values to 0 makes only crabs spawn, setting both these values to 10 makes it random.^

0x 3C original value is 1.504633E-36 - Noooo clue.
0x40 original value is 0.4 -Turtle speed. Setting it to 10 makes them run so fast they're unable to drop down becuase they run over the pit. Setting it to negative numbers makes them move backwards; if they run off the screen backwards, they'll stay dead for some reason.
0x44 original value is 0.6 -Crab speed. Same as above it seems.
0x48 original value is 0.125 - Downward speed. Note that a setting too fast (such as 2) may make the hitboxes not register sometimes, causing the turtle or crab to fall through the stage and not respawn.
0x 4C original value is 480 - Dunno
0x50 original value is 150 - No idea.
0x54 original value is 2 - The speed multiplier for a crab or turtle going from level 1 to level 2. Setting it to 0 will make level 2 stand still.
0x58 original value is 4 - The speed multiplier for a crab or turtle going from level to level 3; but it should be noted the speed multiplier works off the turtle or crab base speed, as in the level 2 multiplier does not effect this.
0x 5C original value is 120 - The time it takes for a turtle or crab to "loop around" after entering a pipe in the bottom level. For instance, at 120, it will take 2 seconds for the crab or turtle to re-appear in the top pipes after entering a bottom one.
0x60 original value is 900 - No clue.

0x64 original value is 1200 - No. Idea.
0x68 original value is 2400 - No clue.

0x 6C original value is 1.2 - No idea.
0x70 original value is 2400 - Sorry, no clue.
0x74 original value is 0.1- To end on a positive note, no idea.

Floating points edited by my friend Vega. Vega and I are going to be doing a lot more floating point editing. Expect more FP lists soon.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Nice bump.
The Upper Tower HP , Lower Tower HP, and respawn wait time are in the same location in the other versions
of Shadow Moses Island.
Same values too.

Top Bottom