• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Link now worked for me.

As for the swords, I don't know if Sax got them to attach yet. Hopefully Eldiran will figure it out.

EDIT: Ok, nothing in that link is working. I open the file and it's all screwed up.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Link works for me. When I unzipped the file, I got 712 errors (all of the same type), but upon actually looking at the extracted files, everything looked fine. The one file I opened worked fine, but it cut off a fraction of a second too soon ("Beast...Sword Rai-"). Try again?

Zephron

Smash Ace
Ooh, 500th post! ^_^

@GD
Well... get on skype and I'll try to directly send it to you.

@ Everyone

Finished those darn team recolors once and for all.
I made two sets, as promised.

Saturated:

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3nmzxzzqimy

De-Saturated:

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?21gulhtzmtn

Comparison Shots:

Red Recolor : Blue Recolor : Green Recolor :

They might appear to be too de-saturated or very saturated, but that's because there is a noticeable difference and they're right next to each other.
I'm personally not making him tan because Lloyd is very pale ingame and in concept art.

ToS2 is what made him tan <_<

PS: A tiny bit of praise would be nice. I've been working hard :)

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Since the moveset moved back a few pages before I finished it, I thought reposting it would be appropriate. I also put the link to my music collection here... Again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2re0etmm2mt

You're welcome.

Moving on, we present... Lloyd! Yeah!

Specials: The theme for the specials is pretty much being canon.
Up Special: Psi Tempest. It's pretty much how we had imagined Tempest as an up b being earlier. However, for the benefit of you guys, I'll be very clear. Psi Tempest will go about the upwards height of Brawl+ Link's up b. It's not especially high, but it's not going to be absurdly easy to gimp him like vBrawl Link. He will have hitboxes surrounding him. It will hit 6 times for 3% each. Keep in mind, though, that hitting with all six will be very difficult since they don't neatly combo into each other. You're likely to hit with 2-3. Keep in mind also that the hits will go on as Lloyd goes up and a little bit into his fall. Psi Tempest actually had Lloyd end attacking before landing, and that's what we're doing. He goes into special fall. The second to last hit occurs at the peak of the attack and the last after.

Down Special: Beast. Lloyd starts with a quick ram of his shoulder and turns around to unleash a massive beast head. There is huge afterlag, but not much before. The beast head only happens if the shoulder ram connects fully so as to prevent brokenness with sheildstabbing and edgeguarding, etc. There is still lots of lag after missing the shoulder ram. This attack is very punishable if not landed. The move, however, is very punishing if it does land. The shoulder ram does 2% and the beast head does 18%. The knockback is stronger than an Ike ftilt, but not by a huge amount. It should just be a little stronger than that. It needs kill potential at high percentages.

Aerial Down Special: Hunting Beast. It's simply the last hit of Hunting Beast. Lloyd plummets downwards quickly in a manner similar to the down b's of Bowser and Yoshi. Unlike them, however, the hitbox on the way down is more similar to that of King Dedede's up b. It takes the foe down with Lloyd to be hit by the actual part of the attack, the grounded Hunting Beast shockwave. If they're high enough above the ground they should be able to DI away. The downwards hit does 3%, and the shockwave does 14%. The knockback is decent. It's comparable to an uncharged B+ Toon Link down smash in power and direction. There is afterlag of a punishable variety, but not nearly as much as grounded Beast. If you shield or dodge it, you should have time to come in and punish.

Side Special: Rising Falcon. Lloyd goes slightly backwards diagonally upwards with super armor and dives at a pretty shallow angle. He should go about the height of a regular short hop, maybe a little bit higher than some. His body is practically a downwards hitbox as he goes down. He hits the foe along with him so as to hit said foe with the landing part of the attack too. The landing part of the attack is a great combo setup. It hits straight up with a weak knockback but high hitstun. There is some afterlag (not much startup). It's similar to the amount of afterlag from Hunting Beast, except a little less. In the air, Lloyd does not do the upwards part of the attack and just goes straight into the dive.

Neutral Special: Demon Fang. This has pretty much been decided. An unchargable projectile doing 6% that slides along the ground the speed it goes in the game and goes diagonally downwards in the air in a manner similar to Pikachu's. The difference is that it goes back into the diagonally downwards direction when it slides off of platforms. It travels about 3/4 the distance of Final Destination. Knockback and hitstun are both small. Also, Lloyd's slash that generates the Demon Fang has a 2% hitbox also with minimal knockback and hitstun. There's some afterlag, but not much. It's pretty quick all around.

Smashes: Lloyd's smashes are quick and useful. His Dsmash is a bit stronger and slower.
Side Smash: Sonic Thrust. Lloyd thrusts quickly with a sword. At full charge it becomes Super Sonic Thrust and has a jump upwards in knockback and damage (more so than smashes usually increase when charged). At no charge, the move does 13% with medium knockback and 20% with high knockback at full charge. Lag for this move is medium with the lag spread out between before and after lag.

Down Smash: Demonic Circle. Lloyd performs a sped up Demon Fang at a short range in front of him and slams the ground, creating a shock wave that hits in front and behind him. It's pretty powerful since there's some decent afterlag. Also, it does not hit behind him immediately. The damage specs are 2% for the Demon Fang generating slash, 3% for the Demon Fang, 13% for the front of the shockwave and 17% for the back.

Up Smash: Generic Thrust and Slash.Lloyd thrusts a sword upwards, impaling the foe and holding him/her in place. Lloyd quickly slashes with the other sword for the actual slash. Thrust does 4%, slash does 8%. Has weak kill potential, but it definitely exists. Very quick, low lag on both sides, but weak.

Tilts: Lloyd's tilts have been the topic of much controversy and debate. With this moveset, I made his tilts into multihit combo attacks.
Down Tilt: Sword Rain. Lloyd does his trademark, low-centered series of thrusts. With no alterations, it does 9%. There's medium afterlag and little startup. This is the cool part. If Lloyd presses A in a certain small window, he performs Sword Rain Alpha instead. The damage increases to 12%, the knockback increases and changes to upwards, and there's more afterlag. The jump is small, btw. The jumps for these moves are being increased for the sake of convenience. In a smaller window at the sameish time as the first one, you can press B to do Sword Rain Beta instead of Alpha or regular. In Beta, you do a total of 14% damage, the second to last slash ensures the last slash. The last slash hits downwards at an angle, but it's a very weak spike. It's supposed to get the foe on the ground in front of you (at a distance, not immediately in front of you). It also only works at higher damage, like the Ice Climbers grab chaining to a Nana spike. It's very similar to that. The cooldown lag is a tiny bit longer than that of Alpha. Mostly he has to land from his position in the air.

Forward Tilt: Tiger Blade. Lloyd jumps to a very short height (think Marth's short hop in that one B+ build: very, very short), slashing as he does so. He immediately slashes downwards and lands. Lag is small on both ends. The second hit hits forward rather than down. Each hit does 4%. Very quick overall.

Up Tilt: Tempest. This has possibly been the most controversial of the moves in this moveset (barring the whole Beast/Rising Falcon debate). LLoyd quickly jumps up, spinning his swords around him. He falls back down with low/medium afterlag and small startup lag. Does a total of 8-9% if all hits connect. It will not likely hit people on the ground to the side of him with any hits but maybe the first unless they are directly on top of him. People above him, however, will have to take the brunt of the attack. However, there's not much knockback, and it doesn't easily combo into anything. It's mostly punishment of people trying to take easy shots at Lloyd from the air.

Alternative Up Tilt: Generic Slash. In the event of extreme disapproval of Tempest, I have created an alternative Up Tilt. Lloyd takes a leaf out of Link's book and slashes a sword across his body. It does 9%, small knockback, good for comboing. Small lag, etc. It's like B+ Link or Toon Link's Utilt. It fits less with his other tilts, however, since it's non-canon and single hit, but I'm offering it as an alternative if you guys really don't like Tempest.

Aerials: Lloyd's aerials are short and sweet. They don't have much knockback or kill potential, or even very much damage, but they combo well and have little lag. My aerials are less clearly defined than most of my other moves and are therefore open to change. Tiger Blade for the fair and Tempest for the nair are not options.
Neutral Air: Spin and Slash. Lloyd does a spinning move very similar to Peach or Ness's nairs except with swords. It's pretty quick, more medium knockback, and does 12%. Since he has 2 long swords, the hitbox is pretty big. It has medium afterlag, probably the most of his aerials.

Forward Air: Canon Slash. That's right, one of Lloyd's aerials is actually canon! In ToS, hitting "a" in the air made Lloyd do a downwards slash in front of him surprisingly similar to Marth's fair. It does 11% with pretty small diagonally upwards knockback. The upwards angle is pretty low, but not unreasonably so. Pretty low lag on both ends. Like the other aerials, it'll need some playtesting before it's perfected.

Backward Air: Steal Ike's. <- That. Lloyd will perform a much faster spinning strike very similar to Ike's bair and add a second hit with his other sword in as he spins (in this case a little more like Link's fair). It'll be very fast, with the second hit having the knockback, which is medium, a little stronger than the nair, but still weaker than Link's fair. Think of Toon Link's nair for the knockback. First hit does 3%, second 9.

Up Air: Scissor Slash. Lloyd does sort of a scissor cut above him, with one sword starting on one side of his body and the other on the other (as in, his arms start out crossed). He slashes both upwards and they meet in the middle then return to their respective sides. Damage is about 13%, low-medium upwards knockback, sides of attack hit into the middle with weak (2-3% hitboxes) and then they are hit with the middle part.

Down Air: Flip Slash. Lloyd flips upside down towards the screen, slashes beneath him, and flips back upright. Think Diddy's dair were he holding a sword and actually spun all the way around rather than not flipping. It does 15% and is a weak spike. Because of the length of the animation, it actually takes much longer than most of his attacks to startup, and the cooldown lag isn't particularly low either.

Throws: The throws are even more tentative than everything else. If you have any better ideas, they probably are actually better. Also, if something would be too hard to do, I'm probably OK with not doing it.
Pummel: Pistol whip. Lloyd pummels by pistol whipping with a sword hilt. It does 2% with medium speed, nothing ridiculous like Wolf's knee.

Forward Throw: SPARTA! Lloyd holds the foe out in front of him with his hand and kicks like King Leonidas. 7% damage, low knockback at a low upwards angle. Low afterlag.

Back Throw: No Good Name. Lloyd spins around and throws the foe backwards and slashes with the other hand as he continues spinning. Low knockback, 9% damage, low afterlag. Same old, same old.

Up Throw: Impale. This is the weakest of my throw ideas. Lloyd throws the foe upwards and thrusts his free sword upwards afterward. Pretty low knockback and generally not very useful. 9% damage and medium afterlag.

Down Throw: Fierce Demon Fang. This is the coolest throw idea and the most solid. It's also going to be the most useful. Lloyd throws the foe to the ground and smashes him/her/it with a Fierce Demon Fang. He slams the ground with his sword and all of the debris or whatever those brown circles in the game were provide a multi-hit attack with a total of 16% damage and lowish upward/forward knockback. It's also his best throw to setup for aerials, particularly his fair. It might need to be toned down a bit; we'll have to playtest. I want it to easily be the best throw, though.

Other: Lloyd's got a special extra mechanic in here, along with his jab and getup attacks. No, it does not include "Wardrobe Malfunction."
Special Mechanic: Guardian. By pressing "b" while shielding, Lloyd activates Guardian. If Lloyd is being attacked, it functions as a perfect shield and blocks it. If, however, a projectile runs into Guardian, it's reflected! Don't think it's broken, however. Remember how in-game Lloyd holds the pose while the Guardian fades? Well, that happens here, too, and Lloyd is vulnerable to attacks in that period. It'll need some playtesting to get right, I think.

Jab: Canon Jab. My recommendation for the jab is (shockingly) the jab that Lloyd uses in ToS. He slashes twice and then spins, hitting twice more. Damage is 3-3-2-2%. Knockback is whatever's regular for a medium-usefulness jab (some, like Ike or Lucas's jabs, are too good for Lloyd).

Dash Attack: Marth w/Beam Sword. When I was pondering Lloyd's moveset, I looked at the attacks a few sword characters did with beamswords. Marth's running attack stood out as an excellent choice for Lloyd's since it's a cool and quick utilization of both swords, which is what Lloyd's non-canon moves should emphasize. He starts with the left sword on the right side of his body and slashes diagonally upwards, starting to spin as he does so. The right sword follows after and Lloyd finishes the spin. Each sword does 6% and knockback occurs on the second strike. It hits diagonally upwards for a medium power hit (for a running attack) at about a pi/4 radian angle. For those of you who prefer degrees, that's 45 of those

Ground Getup Attack. I honestly don't have many ideas here... My initial moveset plan only says to "Steal Link's." Maybe some slight alteration would not be amiss...? I was thinking about having him slash in front of him with one sword and behind with the other.

Low Damage Ledge Getup Attack. More Zelda game thievery involved here... My best idea is to approximately steal Toon Link's. Lloyd flips up onto the ledge, slashing a sword above his head as he does so. It's a very good getup attack, leaving you vulnerable for a surprisingly low amount of time. It's certainly punishable if shielded, but overall better than most.

High Damage Ledge Getup Attack. This one is more theft of Meta Knight's attack. Lloyd gets up on the ledge and slashes quickly across his body. There's a little bit of time vulnerable before and after this move, and it's not that great.

I think that's all. Somebody should tell me if it isn't.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Excellent work, Zeph. I'll put those in the OP with the pictures. With that out of the way, all you need to do is take care of the unique costumes.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I'll get to that... tomorrow because I'm really tired and tomorrow is Friday which is perfect.

EDIT: Well, I actually got to read all of that and I can't say I disagree much with Plaid's ideas at this point. I'll review in-depth tomorrow.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I still see FAir as Tiger Blade/Rage.
DAir as end slash of Rising Falcon.
NAir as Blazing Tempest (it starts to feel as if Tempest is overused).

DSpecial as Rising Phoenix.
Couldn't Rising Falcon function like Falcon Kick? It travels downwards in the air, but on the ground, he sweeps through (err, sort of like Reid's Burning Phoenix (Lloyd is a hi-ougi *****, having voice clips of this arte, too)). Then again this is just something I though of recently.

I LOVE Plaid's idea of creating Guardian as a special shield, though.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Skimmed Plaid's moveset (will look at it more closely later). What kind of endlag are we talking about here with Guardian? It better be **** punishable considering it allows for a perfect shield/reflector combo. Unless it has so much endlag that you'd only want to use it if you absolutely had to, I can't see it not being broken.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Skimmed Plaid's moveset (will look at it more closely later). What kind of endlag are we talking about here with Guardian? It better be **** punishable considering it allows for a perfect shield/reflector combo. Unless it has so much endlag that you'd only want to use it if you absolutely had to, I can't see it not being broken.

I imagine it being somewhat useless against someone like Toon Link, who fires lots of projectiles really quickly. Lloyd wouldn't bother there, he would get punished too much.

Samus or Lucas could really find this annoying as their projectiles have enough lag and kick to make Guardian a very helpful move.

I imagine Lloyd would be protected about the time he says Guardian, or maybe a little less. Then he would be vulnerable for about 2 seconds.

That's a TON in brawl time.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, Guardian in ToS1 pops up almost instantly and serves only the purpose to deflect any immediate, powerful threats. It's not a safeguard against any continuous moves after that. Now if you knew a couple exploits, it was actually possible to use Guardian infinitely...

So, the current opposition seems to be against the specials and aerials (as it has since day one of moveset discussion); mind you only one person has spoken, but one thing that I will bring up once again is that the placement of the specials does not matter whatsoever. With this in mind, only argue what move should be used and how it should be executed.

Personally, I'd rather just give Plaid's moveset to SaxMeister so he can just put that all in there. This would not be considered the definitive moveset. It'll only serve to give Lloyd something to work with so that we can use animations and assign sounds. We'll move things around and/or add stuff when we get feedback. Nothing will be solidified.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
inb4lloydthegreat

*SMACKED*

Seriously, this definitely makes me think of that silly title they kept using for him in ToS2.

Very nice work by the way.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pro.

The final product looks very good. I anticipate your release. Also, it might be a good idea for someone to make the CSPs of the recolors (both saturated and de-saturated) and the Noble costume when it is released unless we want to wait for the swords to be in place first to look more proper.

So, Lloyd will have five costumes:
Standard (Red team)
Blue recolor (Blue team)
Green recolor (Green team)
Noble (now completed)
Pirate

It looks like the Pirate costume may or may not be as difficult as the Noble costume. For one thing, there's a lot less details to take care of. Plus, there's the fun in adding that eye patch to his face which will turn out hilarious.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I'm pretty confident in this one being as good as the Noble costume.
There's certainly going to be less graphical errors, and I'm pretty sure we don't even need vertex hacking for this.
All the skin parts and clothing parts combine very nicely. The bandanna might look a little iffy, but otherwise it's gonna be great.

KCMM has tons of vertex hackers so I am going to try to persuade LookIt'sLink to vertex Lloyd for the beach costume maybe :3

I'll post the download on that same post before I go to bed tonight.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
There certainly has been some activity since I last logged on o.O

Nice texture zeph, I <3 all your textures <3 *Added IMMEDIATELY and tests* It looks great ingame man, no worries about the texture issues, you don't see them normally until you zoom in.

Also time to critique Plaid's moveset.

My responses will be in PURPLE

Moving on, we present... Lloyd! Yeah!

Specials: The theme for the specials is pretty much being canon.
Up Special: Psi Tempest. It's pretty much how we had imagined Tempest as an up b being earlier. However, for the benefit of you guys, I'll be very clear. Psi Tempest will go about the upwards height of Brawl+ Link's up b. It's not especially high, but it's not going to be absurdly easy to gimp him like vBrawl Link. He will have hitboxes surrounding him. It will hit 6 times for 3% each. Keep in mind, though, that hitting with all six will be very difficult since they don't neatly combo into each other. You're likely to hit with 2-3. Keep in mind also that the hits will go on as Lloyd goes up and a little bit into his fall. Psi Tempest actually had Lloyd end attacking before landing, and that's what we're doing. He goes into special fall. The second to last hit occurs at the peak of the attack and the last after.
I like this as long as you can move to the left and right slightly to angel the direction you go, going straight up would just be plain annoying =p

Down Special: Beast. Lloyd starts with a quick ram of his shoulder and turns around to unleash a massive beast head. There is huge afterlag, but not much before. The beast head only happens if the shoulder ram connects fully so as to prevent brokenness with sheildstabbing and edgeguarding, etc. There is still lots of lag after missing the shoulder ram. This attack is very punishable if not landed. The move, however, is very punishing if it does land. The shoulder ram does 2% and the beast head does 18%. The knockback is stronger than an Ike ftilt, but not by a huge amount. It should just be a little stronger than that. It needs kill potential at high percentages.
A 20% B attack with monstrous kb THAT'S SPAMMABLE? Please rethink damages and kb's even cooldowns please :V. Having endlag makes it punishable, but doesn't prevent it from being spammable =p

Aerial Down Special: Hunting Beast. It's simply the last hit of Hunting Beast. Lloyd plummets downwards quickly in a manner similar to the down b's of Bowser and Yoshi. Unlike them, however, the hitbox on the way down is more similar to that of King Dedede's up b. It takes the foe down with Lloyd to be hit by the actual part of the attack, the grounded Hunting Beast shockwave. If they're high enough above the ground they should be able to DI away. The downwards hit does 3%, and the shockwave does 14%. The knockback is decent. It's comparable to an uncharged B+ Toon Link down smash in power and direction. There is afterlag of a punishable variety, but not nearly as much as grounded Beast. If you shield or dodge it, you should have time to come in and punish.
I still think that Aerial Down B should be Rising falcon that works similarly to rising Falcon kick, as in it has no start lag and it launches him directly at the ground at a 30-45 degree angle, if he doesn't hit the ground he'll cancel out of it in 2-3 seconds, but if he does he does a quick slash that grants him 15% heavy armor for the first 30 frames of the slash (1/2 a second) Simple knockback but large damage; 15-16%

Side Special: Rising Falcon. Lloyd goes slightly backwards diagonally upwards with super armor and dives at a pretty shallow angle. He should go about the height of a regular short hop, maybe a little bit higher than some. His body is practically a downwards hitbox as he goes down. He hits the foe along with him so as to hit said foe with the landing part of the attack too. The landing part of the attack is a great combo setup. It hits straight up with a weak knockback but high hitstun. There is some afterlag (not much startup). It's similar to the amount of afterlag from Hunting Beast, except a little less. In the air, Lloyd does not do the upwards part of the attack and just goes straight into the dive.
And for Side B in air and ground I thought that Super Sonic Thrust would be the way to go, its also charagable so it'd work like Marth's Neutral B.

Neutral Special: Demon Fang. This has pretty much been decided. An unchargable projectile doing 6% that slides along the ground the speed it goes in the game and goes diagonally downwards in the air in a manner similar to Pikachu's. The difference is that it goes back into the diagonally downwards direction when it slides off of platforms. It travels about 3/4 the distance of Final Destination. Knockback and hitstun are both small. Also, Lloyd's slash that generates the Demon Fang has a 2% hitbox also with minimal knockback and hitstun. There's some afterlag, but not much. It's pretty quick all around.
I like every single idea here except that it goes 3/4 the distance of FD. Currently all our articles are being occupied with his swords, so it'll have to be made of gfx, SOOOOO, we can't have it go that far, it'd hover in midair since we can't give it special properties.

Smashes: Lloyd's smashes are quick and useful. His Dsmash is a bit stronger and slower.
Side Smash: Sonic Thrust. Lloyd thrusts quickly with a sword. At full charge it becomes Super Sonic Thrust and has a jump upwards in knockback and damage (more so than smashes usually increase when charged). At no charge, the move does 13% with medium knockback and 20% with high knockback at full charge. Lag for this move is medium with the lag spread out between before and after lag.
I still think that this would work better as Side special, but I have no other ideas that could replace this..... I think that he should just have a standard slash for Fsmash, I don't see why we have to assign a tech to each attack.

Down Smash: Demonic Circle. Lloyd performs a sped up Demon Fang at a short range in front of him and slams the ground, creating a shock wave that hits in front and behind him. It's pretty powerful since there's some decent afterlag. Also, it does not hit behind him immediately. The damage specs are 2% for the Demon Fang generating slash, 3% for the Demon Fang, 13% for the front of the shockwave and 17% for the back.
I like this, but @ what % does it kill?

Up Smash: Generic Thrust and Slash.Lloyd thrusts a sword upwards, impaling the foe and holding him/her in place. Lloyd quickly slashes with the other sword for the actual slash. Thrust does 4%, slash does 8%. Has weak kill potential, but it definitely exists. Very quick, low lag on both sides, but weak.
How about instead of a thrust its a weak slash then a stronger slash that has kill potential. Slash from Right to left side with left sword then strong slash with a spin with right, so its kinda like Link's only 2 hits.

Tilts: Lloyd's tilts have been the topic of much controversy and debate. With this moveset, I made his tilts into multihit combo attacks.
Down Tilt: Sword Rain. Lloyd does his trademark, low-centered series of thrusts. With no alterations, it does 9%. There's medium afterlag and little startup. This is the cool part. If Lloyd presses A in a certain small window, he performs Sword Rain Alpha instead. The damage increases to 12%, the knockback increases and changes to upwards, and there's more afterlag. The jump is small, btw. The jumps for these moves are being increased for the sake of convenience. In a smaller window at the sameish time as the first one, you can press B to do Sword Rain Beta instead of Alpha or regular. In Beta, you do a total of 14% damage, the second to last slash ensures the last slash. The last slash hits downwards at an angle, but it's a very weak spike. It's supposed to get the foe on the ground in front of you (at a distance, not immediately in front of you). It also only works at higher damage, like the Ice Climbers grab chaining to a Nana spike. It's very similar to that. The cooldown lag is a tiny bit longer than that of Alpha. Mostly he has to land from his position in the air.
Sword rain is the rapid jab and that is final. I think it should go jab -> jab -> rapid jab (Sword rain) then sword rain thrust and he ends with the sonic thrust pushing them back.

Forward Tilt: Tiger Blade. Lloyd jumps to a very short height (think Marth's short hop in that one B+ build: very, very short), slashing as he does so. He immediately slashes downwards and lands. Lag is small on both ends. The second hit hits forward rather than down. Each hit does 4%. Very quick overall.
I'm iffy on this because tilts are supposed to be fast and simple, as much as I like this idea I just don't think it'd work well in the moveset. What if you're near a ledge? Does he fall off the ledge? Or does the unlucky foe there get spiked off the ledge because they're in air and you're still technically on the ground (Animations) ?

Up Tilt: Tempest. This has possibly been the most controversial of the moves in this moveset (barring the whole Beast/Rising Falcon debate). LLoyd quickly jumps up, spinning his swords around him. He falls back down with low/medium afterlag and small startup lag. Does a total of 8-9% if all hits connect. It will not likely hit people on the ground to the side of him with any hits but maybe the first unless they are directly on top of him. People above him, however, will have to take the brunt of the attack. However, there's not much knockback, and it doesn't easily combo into anything. It's mostly punishment of people trying to take easy shots at Lloyd from the air.
I don't like this idea only because you already have tempeset being used twice and 3 is one too many. And it could be broken considering you could probably juggle exTREMELY easily wit this.

Alternative Up Tilt: Generic Slash. In the event of extreme disapproval of Tempest, I have created an alternative Up Tilt. Lloyd takes a leaf out of Link's book and slashes a sword across his body. It does 9%, small knockback, good for comboing. Small lag, etc. It's like B+ Link or Toon Link's Utilt. It fits less with his other tilts, however, since it's non-canon and single hit, but I'm offering it as an alternative if you guys really don't like Tempest.
Better than tempest utilt

Aerials: Lloyd's aerials are short and sweet. They don't have much knockback or kill potential, or even very much damage, but they combo well and have little lag. My aerials are less clearly defined than most of my other moves and are therefore open to change. Tiger Blade for the fair and Tempest for the nair are not options.
Neutral Air: Spin and Slash. Lloyd does a spinning move very similar to Peach or Ness's nairs except with swords. It's pretty quick, more medium knockback, and does 12%. Since he has 2 long swords, the hitbox is pretty big. It has medium afterlag, probably the most of his aerials.
I still think that it should be tempest, just because it'd fit better than a different kind of spin.

Forward Air: Canon Slash. That's right, one of Lloyd's aerials is actually canon! In ToS, hitting "a" in the air made Lloyd do a downwards slash in front of him surprisingly similar to Marth's fair. It does 11% with pretty small diagonally upwards knockback. The upwards angle is pretty low, but not unreasonably so. Pretty low lag on both ends. Like the other aerials, it'll need some playtesting before it's perfected.
I like this idea because I already have the animation for that so that knocks fair out of the way.

Backward Air: Steal Ike's. <- That. Lloyd will perform a much faster spinning strike very similar to Ike's bair and add a second hit with his other sword in as he spins (in this case a little more like Link's fair). It'll be very fast, with the second hit having the knockback, which is medium, a little stronger than the nair, but still weaker than Link's fair. Think of Toon Link's nair for the knockback. First hit does 3%, second 9.
I like it. It'll be a 2-1 slash with left hand and then a 2-3 slash with right hand when he turns to face the foe, then turns around quickly.

Up Air: Scissor Slash. Lloyd does sort of a scissor cut above him, with one sword starting on one side of his body and the other on the other (as in, his arms start out crossed). He slashes both upwards and they meet in the middle then return to their respective sides. Damage is about 13%, low-medium upwards knockback, sides of attack hit into the middle with weak (2-3% hitboxes) and then they are hit with the middle part.
Yay generic attacks. It'll have some slight startup lag so he can put his arms in the right place for the attack.

Down Air: Flip Slash. Lloyd flips upside down towards the screen, slashes beneath him, and flips back upright. Think Diddy's dair were he holding a sword and actually spun all the way around rather than not flipping. It does 15% and is a weak spike. Because of the length of the animation, it actually takes much longer than most of his attacks to startup, and the cooldown lag isn't particularly low either.
So like Ike's dair only he keeps going...... I sense a pattern here

Throws: The throws are even more tentative than everything else. If you have any better ideas, they probably are actually better. Also, if something would be too hard to do, I'm probably OK with not doing it.
Pummel: Pistol whip. Lloyd pummels by pistol whipping with a sword hilt. It does 2% with medium speed, nothing ridiculous like Wolf's knee.
I like it.

Forward Throw: SPARTA! Lloyd holds the foe out in front of him with his hand and kicks like King Leonidas. 7% damage, low knockback at a low upwards angle. Low afterlag.
Win, but add a slash to it, like he kicks and then does a VERY quick turn around slash with his right hand.

Back Throw: No Good Name. Lloyd spins around and throws the foe backwards and slashes with the other hand as he continues spinning. Low knockback, 9% damage, low afterlag. Same old, same old.
How about instead he slashes the foe to the ground and then jumps to the other side of the foe and does a 3-2 and a 4-1 slash at the same time with both swords, knocking them away.

Up Throw: Impale. This is the weakest of my throw ideas. Lloyd throws the foe upwards and thrusts his free sword upwards afterward. Pretty low knockback and generally not very useful. 9% damage and medium afterlag.
Since we're already taking so much from Link why don't we take his Uthrow too :p

Down Throw: Fierce Demon Fang. This is the coolest throw idea and the most solid. It's also going to be the most useful. Lloyd throws the foe to the ground and smashes him/her/it with a Fierce Demon Fang. He slams the ground with his sword and all of the debris or whatever those brown circles in the game were provide a multi-hit attack with a total of 16% damage and lowish upward/forward knockback. It's also his best throw to setup for aerials, particularly his fair. It might need to be toned down a bit; we'll have to playtest. I want it to easily be the best throw, though.
****. YES. But damage needs to be nerfed; 16% for a grab is extremely borked and he's not going to have a grab happy playstyle on my watch.

Other: Lloyd's got a special extra mechanic in here, along with his jab and getup attacks. No, it does not include "Wardrobe Malfunction." <- Lol
Special Mechanic: Guardian. By pressing "b" while shielding, Lloyd activates Guardian. If Lloyd is being attacked, it functions as a perfect shield and blocks it. If, however, a projectile runs into Guardian, it's reflected! Don't think it's broken, however. Remember how in-game Lloyd holds the pose while the Guardian fades? Well, that happens here, too, and Lloyd is vulnerable to attacks in that period. It'll need some playtesting to get right, I think.
Good idea, but I think it should be the Z shield instead of R+B, just cuz :V

Jab: Canon Jab. My recommendation for the jab is (shockingly) the jab that Lloyd uses in ToS. He slashes twice and then spins, hitting twice more. Damage is 3-3-2-2%. Knockback is whatever's regular for a medium-usefulness jab (some, like Ike or Lucas's jabs, are too good for Lloyd).
2-3 with right hand, 3-4 with left hand, then either the spin or if you spam A at the right time he does the rapid jab.

Dash Attack: Marth w/Beam Sword. When I was pondering Lloyd's moveset, I looked at the attacks a few sword characters did with beamswords. Marth's running attack stood out as an excellent choice for Lloyd's since it's a cool and quick utilization of both swords, which is what Lloyd's non-canon moves should emphasize. He starts with the left sword on the right side of his body and slashes diagonally upwards, starting to spin as he does so. The right sword follows after and Lloyd finishes the spin. Each sword does 6% and knockback occurs on the second strike. It hits diagonally upwards for a medium power hit (for a running attack) at about a pi/4 radian angle <- I lol'd. For those of you who prefer degrees, that's 45 of those
As long as it can't kill (easily) and can be followed up with just about any aerial I like it.

Ground Getup Attack. I honestly don't have many ideas here... My initial moveset plan only says to "Steal Link's." Maybe some slight alteration would not be amiss...? I was thinking about having him slash in front of him with one sword and behind with the other.
I lied before. This set needs more Tempest. I demand a mini tempest for getup attck while he's on his side :D

Low Damage Ledge Getup Attack. More Zelda game thievery involved here... My best idea is to approximately steal Toon Link's. Lloyd flips up onto the ledge, slashing a sword above his head as he does so. It's a very good getup attack, leaving you vulnerable for a surprisingly low amount of time. It's certainly punishable if shielded, but overall better than most.
I'm fine with this, but incorporate both swords; have him do a back flip up to the stage like Tink does, then slice with both swords in a 2-3 and 1-4 manner.

High Damage Ledge Getup Attack. This one is more theft of Meta Knight's attack. Lloyd gets up on the ledge and slashes quickly across his body. There's a little bit of time vulnerable before and after this move, and it's not that great.
How about he slowly gets up from the ledge then does a nice Kung fu kick at a 45 degree angle while crouched down slightly before standing up.
This'll work til we get a better idea

I think that's all. Somebody should tell me if it isn't.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'd like to add that it would be cool if Rising Falcon could be canceled at any time by a double jump. Please remember, thanyou, that special placement does not matter for the moment. I'd rather see all these moves functioning in-game and then get feedback on the favored position. Continue reviewing though as this will need the input.

EDIT: Actually, canceling RF at any time would be a bit broken. I'd rather make it more like how Falcon Kick, but you could cancel it late into the move (falling part most likely) and you don't get your double jump back.

fleish

Smash Cadet
Interesting moveset! Cool ideas going there.

I can still see Tiger Rage as his Neutral Air, but eh. Sonic Thrust as a side special... well, it'll probably work, it's just... hmmm. Seems like it should have more "oomph." Beast keeps popping into my head, but it's already being used... Raging Beast? lol.

I also think you should somehow implement his "Unison Attack" initiation slash somewhere. I'd suggest his dash attack, but it's already made...

Oh, and random thought: Falcon's Crest (assuming that's his FS) MUST start with the trademark swords-crossed-action pose, complete with awesome glowy sparkle. :D

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
K so I finished my critiquing of Plaid's set, I like it for the most part, but there's just a few small things that I will never agree with, particularly Dtilt.

@ fleish

WAAAAAAAY ahead of you my friend :D

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Yargh I like that pirate costume. The noble costume is good too :)

Edit: I've spent a week trying to find Kratos's voice clips, and I had to emulate and record them myself in the sound test thing, anyway, long story short, I have the sfx for Kratos if they will be needed in the future.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D963H5D7

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Good start Zeph! I'm like the progress so far :D

Thanks Lance, I'm not sure if we'll be able to get Kratos to work anytime soon, but we're glad that we can get these now :D

fleish

Smash Cadet
On the subject of pirates:

Lloyd: "You know, this outfit isn't half bad."

Genis: "...Lloyd's taste in clothing is..."

Zelos: "Absolutely terrible."

Lloyd obtained the title "ARRGH, ME HEARTIES."

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haha, that's the dialogue for the Pirate costume? I haven't gotten that before in my playthroughs so I wouldn't know.

Zephron

Smash Ace
So when can we expect some PSA work onscreen?

I want to feature this on KCMM, but I want to at least have these 5 things done:

Model in Brawl (Check!)
Basic Recolors done (Check!)
Movement Animations done (Kind of Check!)
Some Attack Animations done **At least Demon Fang's Anim**(CHECK!!!!)
Lloyd's swords are in his hands **Most important** (CHECK!!!!)

Basically if Lloyd can use his demon fang attack in Brawl and has some basic movement animations I'd launch it.
This needs Lloyd to have his swords. Including the sound effect would also be awesome.

So if the PSA'er reads this, PLEASE get Lloyd's swords in hand before anything else, and then simply finish demon fang.
You'll have screaming fangirls before you know it :O

Then I'll post on KCMM and this will get mega-hype and downloads.

EDIT: ALL MY CONSTRAINTS ARE DONE TODAY IN 1 FELL SWOOP. WIN.

Fen__

Smash Ace
If there's one thing to be learned from the Cloud project, it's that a large amount of hype isn't a good thing. It was showed in part so long before it was completed that by the time it was actually done, nobody cared anymore. In addition to that, it got people bugging those working on it all of the time. .Fade was under a lot of pressure with it, and so parts of it were rushed initially. I can understand wanting your hard work to be appreciated, but I think it'll be more rewarding to wait and not generate unnecessary hype until it's truly playable. I'd hate to see this project suffer because it ended up rushed or something.

Zephron

Smash Ace
The cloud project deserved mega hype and it got that, for sure.

I personally think the problem they had was that after the Cloud project was aired, no updates happened AT ALL after the trailer. People had no clue when we'd be done.
All of a sudden they unveiled their Cloud and a lot of people had problems with it.

We, however, are updating at a good pace on the OP. People can watch and provide input here too.

This allows hype and allows it to be reasonable. The general populace also gets to show input so we can make sure that there are no negative surprises when it airs.
People were rushing the Cloud project because they weren't getting any feedback unless it was done.

I think that we should still put this on KCMM.

It's not just about the appreciation.
Not many people are offering input to the moveset or offering to do animations.
More hype allows us to have both, potentially.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... not really an important question, but when Lloyd performs his final smash (Falcon's Crest I presume), will there be that cool strip of anime art that accompanies Mystic Artes in the game?

Might not be possible but it would be nostalgic...

<--- Epic new avatar btw :3

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
So I've got the animations for some attacks (Demon fang for one :D) So I'll make a new Motionetc and test it.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
We would accept your help with open arms, welcome to the group :D

But I must ask; How good are you at PSA? I know you're an excellent coder (Polygon remover.exe for one) would you know how to fix the swords? Eldiran gave me an idea as to how, but that's just about it.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
We would accept your help with open arms, welcome to the group :D

But I must ask; How good are you at PSA? I know you're an excellent coder (Polygon remover.exe for one) would you know how to fix the swords? Eldiran gave me an idea as to how, but that's just about it.
yay!! I feel welcome :)

fix the swords?

The swords have messed up textures cuz I forgot to put in the texture. Ill fix it, but anyway,

http://www.mediafire.com/?gewqmovuol0

Top Bottom