• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
or completely true

play like pc chris or jman or mango's or luck's fox

when there on their game its not even close

now look at zhu, he whoops ss idk any other good falco's that **** falcons but

idk

its not close bro at all especially at top level

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Dude apparently Hax and Scar think that Falcon/Fox and Falcon/Falco are 30/70 MUs (or "<<" in the thread)

That is nuts. They deserve the 40/60 that is represented by "<".

To say that Falcon at a top level goes 30/70 with spacies is ********.

Reposting because it was at the bot of the page.

SS beats Zhu sometimes. Darkrain beats Lambchops every time. Scar beat Lambchops.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
darkrain doesnt beat lambchops every time

he actually had never beaten him before and was terrified to play him, and won partially cause i told him that lambchops will 100% of the time tech away, so thats a free knee at the edge after every grab

i'm fairly sure that mattr would beat any falcon more often than not with his falco

i think that fox is easier than falco, i've played a lot of really great foxes and falcos and keep up way better vs fox. its still really hard, but falcos moves just have way more range overall and is much harder to land hits on

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Dude apparently Hax and Scar think that Falcon/Fox and Falcon/Falco are 30/70 MUs (or "<<" in the thread)

Reposting because it was at the bot of the page.

SS beats Zhu sometimes. Darkrain beats Lambchops every time. Scar beat Lambchops.
I don't consider Lambchops top at all. He has been doing really good recently though. SS does beat Zhu sometimes but it's closer to 30/70 it seems, I'm not going to bother calculating though.

From my experience though I do think Falco is 40/60, a polished Fox is still 30/70. And this is based on my practice versus Forward and Axe, both of which play consistent spacies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya it's **** hard, i've played Vwins Fox a bunch with Falcon and also Bam's Falco with Falcon as well.. **** man.. you really have to pick your moves very very well.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
spacies/marth/sheik/jiggs **** falcon

how many times are we gonna go over this

theyre all freakin 20-80

who cares what anyone says is the freakin matchup point difference ratio rating CRAP

play the game and SHUT UP

also

icies suck

D

Deleted member

forwards one of the most homosexual foxes i've ever faced who never ceases to play to win even in a friendly

Divinokage

Smash Legend

theyre all freakin 20-80

who cares what anyone says is the freakin matchup point difference ratio rating CRAP

also

icies suck
What else are you gonna do on smashboards, talking about how much Falcon sucks? Or the time you get high? lol.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ugh i dont smoke

and ugh falcon doesnt suck

soooooo ummmm

have you seen hax vs hbk? hax is so freakin smart

HAX UR LIKE 16 I SHOULD BE BETTER THEN U CUZ IM OLDER >:[

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
you should watch it

hes so good its not fair

scar hax is better then you

how does it feel to be outclassed by someone a quarter of your age

scars like 50 right? i coulda swore last time a saw him he was in a suit

suit= 50 y/o +

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I think Hax is going to become the premier falcon powerhouse and champion very very soon.
Isai had it, Darkrain had it, I think Hax is next

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
forwards one of the most homosexual foxes i've ever faced who never ceases to play to win even in a friendly
It's great practice though. Fox sandbagging isn't very entertaining anyways.

theyre all freakin 20-80

also

icies suck
Marth is easy, I think it's in Falcon's favor. Jiggs is easy to outspace (and dthrow knee if it's a scrubby Jiggs you can grab).

I don't know why you're complaining about icies if Chu or Wobbles isn't your main experience.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
It's great practice though. Fox sandbagging isn't very entertaining anyways.

Marth is easy, I think it's in Falcon's favor. Jiggs is easy to outspace (and dthrow knee if it's a scrubby Jiggs you can grab).

I don't know why you're complaining about icies if Chu or Wobbles isn't your main experience.
i was complaining about icies

i said they suck

like theyre balls

and marth is not even sorry

play my boy niko

***** me everytime....i gotta play more like hax and be patient cuz if your not you get *****

wait, do you play with tai?

Jona's just trolling, Jetfour.
lol just a lil bit

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Jona's just trolling, Jetfour.
jaja yeah, that should be second instinct to me by now but for some reason it isn't.

How old are all us Falcon mains? Isai, Scar, and Darkrain are old, Hax is a young'n, I have no clue about SS.

I'm 21, GG7 is 20 I think, Roneblaster's about the same age?

I play Tai whenever he's in town, why?

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
really?

whats the secret :[

i was watching hax and it just looks like

bait>grab>take stock lol

when ever i go for neutral air approaches i either get CC grabbed or he dashes away and grabs

or i eat a fair or nair

im pretty good at following up so once i get a few hits in its usually the stock

but its approaching that i just get ***** at

and once im at like 50 i just get brought to 150 and offstage lol

idk i hate marth

thumbswayup

Smash Master

Is it? It's pretty disheartening when you mess up a tech chase/combo and then a Falco hits you one time for a guaranteed 60% or death. Or when you've got a good lead on a Fox and they do a simple few hit combo to get you by the egde to shine spike. Fox and Falco also have auto edgeguards on Falcon, they can just throw out bairs and they'll always hit, whereas it is extremely difficult to 100% kill a spacie everytime you hit them off stage. Maybe it isn't as bad as 30/70, but it ain't as close as your making it seem either.

Jona, you should analyze Hax vs HBK. Lol.
link?

Niko45

Smash Master
If HBK avoids half those bair edgeguards from CF and/or doesn't just watch hax falcon kick -> DJ sweet spot the ledge he wins.

HBK's on stage/neutral position game was pretty much as good as it gets tho.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
GG7 and I play the matchup wayyyy differently. He plays it more textbook with nairs and ddcamping. I do risky *** gimps and unorthodox spacing.

I always attack Marth when he's recovering. Uair and bair is the best. If they're smart enough to fair you when you try anything, jump over them and stomp. When they recover low I turn around and knee and just the soft hit will bounce them offstage. If they don't tech they die or you can just grab the edge and wait for them to upB and ****. Even at low percents when they try to grab the edge when you hit them off, jump off and knee where they'll grab the edge (this takes experience to know when you'll actually hit them. Even top players don't know it very well. If you know you won't hit them then you'll get gimped. If you do know you'll hit it's pretty much always worth it).

Uthrow is my fav in this matchup. Let them tech onto platforms and full jump stomp techchase is safe and easy to followup if you miss. At the edge upthrow-uair-knee will **** their survival DI, if they DI far away just follow them out there and uair or turn around at the edge and try to bair them out of their forwardB. If they're waiting to attack you offstage then just pressure them by staying close and then grab the edge. They can't really do anything at that point but upB and you should know how to **** them from that.

Stomp reverse knee duh. I've seen Darkrain do a nair that knocks them back off stage but I'm not sure when that's ever the best choice. I stick with reverse knee, stomp knee, or grab to ****.

Stomp outspaces Marth I think. It's real hard for Marth to uair you out of your stomp. The best thing he can do for you is wait until you land and grab. In that case, bair as you land or run away until you reach equal fighting ground. Get Marth to mistime his utilt and you can punish with a stomp. If you're good at edgecancelling (I am), do that with stomps to bait him and then bair/uair and follow up easy. You really should learn edgecancelling stomps though, they scare Marth from camping under platforms.

Edgecancel bair at the edge is so good too. It really messes up their upB timing.

Based on looking back at my repetitive explanation, I think the most important part of this matchup is pressuring Marth offstage and getting him off at low percents. Other Falcons typically chip damage and DDcamp into uthrow knee, do whatever comes naturally to you I guess.

Top Bottom