• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Is it? It's pretty disheartening when you mess up a tech chase/combo and then a Falco hits you one time for a guaranteed 60% or death. Or when you've got a good lead on a Fox and they do a simple few hit combo to get you by the egde to shine spike. Fox and Falco also have auto edgeguards on Falcon, they can just throw out bairs and they'll always hit, whereas it is extremely difficult to 100% kill a spacie everytime you hit them off stage. Maybe it isn't as bad as 30/70, but it ain't as close as your making it seem either.
you gotta think about the flipside. you know those stocks on FD where fox/falco autocombos you up to 120% for a good 10-20 seconds, but then all you do is get in a stomp, then a knee, and they die? that is equally disheartening for the spacie player. once a fox/falco starts to upB off the stage, a tiny uair or bair hit pretty much kills them, at any % (much like a shine/spike for a spacie). i mean, if you knee a spacie while he is shining, its virtually always a down DI, so near the edge it can be an auto-death for a spacie!

falcon has his own advantages, you just need to play a certain way to maximize them.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
haha, i have no problem with thinking megan fox isn't "OMG teh hottest ever"..... but to think she is ugly? i just dont understand it.

i mean, if you are in a movie, chances are you can't be ugly

thumbswayup

Smash Master
you gotta think about the flipside. you know those stocks on FD where fox/falco autocombos you up to 120% for a good 10-20 seconds, but then all you do is get in a stomp, then a knee, and they die? that is equally disheartening for the spacie player. once a fox/falco starts to upB off the stage, a tiny uair or bair hit pretty much kills them, at any % (much like a shine/spike for a spacie). i mean, if you knee a spacie while he is shining, its virtually always a down DI, so near the edge it can be an auto-death for a spacie!

falcon has his own advantages, you just need to play a certain way to maximize them.
True, it's just a lot riskier lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol no sht hax is arrogant and cocky

but hes ****in **** so until ur better than him you gotta DEAL WITH IT *puts on shades*

g-regulate

Smash Hero
haha i remember when he asked me for a match a pound 3. he said i was his hero and i falcon punched him in front of all his friends. little did i know, i had created a monster. then plank kicked us off

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Funny, I know a girl named Meghan that has the same issue with her thumbs. That's hilarious xD They're both hot regardless, it's not like you're having sexual intercourse with her thumbs or you're some kind of thumb fetish person or something of that nature...then again, I could be wrong. It's a strange world out there O_O...

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
yea, being **** at a video game isnt fun if you are all humble and righteous
Sometimes, I think having a big head can be good, because then you have more "guts" when going for certain moves.

That said, Captain Falcon is the only character that I play where I feel disappointed if I don't take the last stock via something crazy.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
dude i checked out that whole set with Hax VS HBK. im not disappointed but HBK could have did a little better.i saw a lack or up-air when hax could of been juggled and lack of grabs and no back air from marth(also a lack of D-tilt?it looked like a walk in the park for hax.the bair ko's were killing me softly from hax i thought HBK would see that.quick question is hax still playing the brawl card or is he coming back to falcon?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
peef i would rather stick bloody aids covered shards of broken glass up my arsehole while being mouthraped by a ****** ******, than listen to you rap

PEEF!

Smash Hero
falcon vs fox/falco is falcon at a disadvantage aka <<
No way. Both are <. ICs vs Peach (terrible, but somewhat winnable MU) is <<. There is no way you can put Falcon vs Fox in the same category as ICs vs Peach.

Falcons like to complain about that MU, but the complain as they win. Spacies in the current metagame make enough mistakes that Falcon keeps it close.

<.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
soooooooo alright lets all ignore players like hax/lovage/all the other people who made the chart what it is and go with PEEF who has no experience.

sound good?

not hating peef, but thats ^ what you just said.

also, s2j is correct, but theyre helpful for newer people, and fun to argue over.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
its fine jona, ill respond to either. and im gonna have my title as (Reneblade)

and im still gonna go by Reneblade, enter tournaments etc as Reneblade, its just here on the SWF ill be roneblaster cause scar2good

Top Bottom