• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Moozle used a revive!

I was doodling in math today and ended up with something that I actually think looks pretty neat, and I remembered we were low on water types (if I remember correctly). I can't really think of a secondary typing (maybe steel, if any) or a name, so if the idea is okay, suggestions would be great. I'll write up more about it if you like the idea.

Curroknot
(Current + knots).

Curroknot uses the blades on its head to propel itself through the water.
Curroknot are known to ride powerful sea currents, and are rumored to reach up to 75 miles per hour.

I've also been trying to think of a water/dark type pokémon, since I think it's a cool combo.

EDIT:

I never wrote up a stat spread for this guy. I was thinking of this one, since we're in need of some more mediocre pokémon. I still don't know what ability it should have besides swift swim. I think Water/Steel would work best for its typing.

70 / 95 / 70 / 65 / 65 / 120

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hand-drawn sketches, yeah! ;)

Looks neat so far, wouldn't mind some more information about it. It reminds me of one of those microscopic plankton floating in the ocean, except bigger.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Banshou
Type: Normal / Ghost
Ability: Levitate
Base Stats: 122 / 60 / 130 / 60 / 143 / 60

A banshee-like creature, donning a dark cloak as to conceal most of the body excpet for the head, which is a shady aura. The eyes and grin stick out, being a pale blue.

Offensive movepool includes - Shadow Sneak, Focus Punch, ShadowPunch, Shadow Ball, Aura Sohere, Brick Break, Quick Attack, Seismic Toss, Ominous Wind

Support movepool includes - Will-O-Wisp, Roar, Encore, Mean Look, Toxic, Baton Pass

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It's got all the token Normal, Ghost, and Fighting moves you would want, so I guess that makes Banshou a superior Dusknoir? :(

Since I've got some time nowadays, I might go back and try to draw up faces to some of our faceless Pokemon. Any suggestions?

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
no resistances/immunities? it's immune to fighting, ghost, normal, ground and resists... bug.

fine. no resistances... but HOW MANY IMMUNITIES IS THAT, AGAIN? I assume that earlier statement must have been a typo...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Spiritomb has 3 immunes and like what, 2 resists?

It's terrible defensive typing because BEING IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING MEANS YOU'RE RESISTANT TO NOTHING

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Spiritomb has 3 immunes and like what, 2 resists?

It's terrible defensive typing because BEING IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING MEANS YOU'RE RESISTANT TO NOTHING
that's a good point. and unlike spiritomb, he's weak to dark, at least.

So he's going to be what? a wall... I suppose so.

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, me and my GF were thinking....

what if there were a physical trio instead of a special?

Specifically flying / fighting / rock ?

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
why flying fighting rock? am I missing something really obvious (besides the three-type effective rotation)? they seem like very random types to chose for a trio.

What about... that psychic, dark, fighting combination people have been suggesting for starters for years...

But you're right that finally getting a physical-based trio *cough* Kinda the Regis *cough* would be great.

EDIT: your GF is into this? that's... epic.

JOE!

Smash Hero
she is into competitive pokemon

she owns a lvl 100 of EVERY pokemon :3

she also looks like dis:

:3

aslo, what we decided was that the trio would end up being fly/steel (based of a helicopter, and an ace when it comes to speed)

a fighting/elec who is a tiger with mexican wrestling influence (attk)

and a rock/bug who looks like a golem/droideka (defense)

:3

edit:

thinking of abilities for the three, I recently came up with one for the rock/bug, to help him tank:

Trade-Off

Similar to technician, only for defense, the pokemon with this ability loses all natural resitances, in exchnage for having it's neutral defenses turned to resistances

so in this case, normal/rock.steel/water are 2x effective, all else he resists :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That Trade-Off is pretty ridiculous. You'd better give that to Pokemon who have a bunch of natural resistances.

Otherwise you have walls going "Hey I soak up your neutral hits like Yanmega hits your not-very-effectives."

JOE!

Smash Hero
only the rock/bug starter will have it

just as the flying/steel will have an ability that effects it's speed and the fight/elec to affect it's attacking prowess

that and the rock/bug is kinda suckage when it comes to being offensive, as it will have terribly "meh" attak/s.attk

the point will be to choose more than just typing when it comes to choosing your starters by choosing a role/archetype to play the game by

JOE!

Smash Hero
Double post but w/e:

I have come to realize that we need more normal type comboes....

we only have flying, water and psy as secondaries for a normal...wonder what neat stuff can come of it?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
How about Normal/Dark? I made one a while back; immune to Ghost and Psychic but double weak to Fighting...oh well.

Since we have a lack of Water types...

Skirfish

Evolves into Skrappish at LV32
Type: Water/Fighting
Ability: Rivalry/Scrappy

HP: 50
Atk: 70
Def: 65
Sp Atk: 55
Sp Def: 60
Spd: 70
BST: 370

Class: Fry Pokemon
Length: 2'5"
Weight: 30 lbs.
Colors: Its body is mostly a deep blue/green. Its fins are yellow/orange.
Pokedex Entries:
- Its tough fins are capable of smashing through rock. It is quite adept at fighting on land and underwater.
- Only one usually lives in a pond. It challenges foes even larger than itself for control over its territory.

Skrappish

Evolves from Skirfish at LV32
Type: Water/Fighting
Ability: Rivalry/Scrappy

HP: 70
Atk: 95
Def: 90
Sp Atk: 70
Sp Def: 85
Spd: 90
BST: 500

Class: Mean Fish Pokemon
Length: 4'7"
Weight: 70 lbs.
Colors: Its body is a deep blue color. It fins are bright red.
Pokedex Entries:
- It tends to get into fights with others of the same gender. Its scales become more vibrant when it is agitated.
- Its long, flowing fins are used to attract mates. Its tough, scaly limbs can inflict serious injuries, however.

Move List for Skirfish/Skrappish:

*italics signify a move only learned by Skrappish
*bold signifies STAB

Level Up Moves:

- Sky Uppercut
- Bubble
- Pound
- Tail Whip
9 Water Gun
13 Karate Chop

16 Focus Energy
20 Bubblebeam
25 Aqua Jet
29 Reversal

32 Swagger
39 Cross Chop
45 Aqua Tail
50 Close Combat

TM/HM Moves:

Focus Punch
Water Pulse

Toxic
Bulk Up
Taunt
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Frustration
Iron Tail
Return
Brick Break
Double Team
Facade
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
False Swipe
Brine
Fling
Endure
Drain Punch
Giga Impact
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Poison Jab
Swagger
U-Turn
Substitute
Cut
Surf
Strength
Rock Smash
Waterfall
Whirlpool

Egg Moves (Water 1/Water 2 Egg Group):

Hydro Pump
Aqua Jet
Muddy Water
Dive

Aqua Ring
Supersonic
Flail
Agility
Thrash
Rage
Wake-Up Slap
Thrash
Double-Edge

Move Tutor Moves:

Dive
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Vacuum Wave
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Aqua Tail
Endeavor
Iron Head
Signal Beam
Superpower

Moozle

Smash Champion
The only thing I can imagine for that is a persian evolution. It already has technician and nasty plot. Would be cool to have the first special attacker to use technician (well).

Also, I'm going to do a writeup for the water type that I did earlier, and a new pokemon I thought of soon.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Revetaw

Type: Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Pacifist/Anti-Air

Pacifist: This Pokemon is immune to Fighting Type moves.
Anti Air: This Pokemon is immune to Flying Type moves.

Base Stats: 80 / 120 / 80 / 120 / 80 / 120

Relevant Moves: Tri Attack, Hyper Voice, Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Return, Quick Attack, Vacuum Wave, Pure Light, Spirit Arrow, Photon Beam, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock, Heart Swap

Pure Light: 90 BP, 20 PP, Normal, Special, Ignores Accuracy modifiers.
Spirit Arrow: 40 BP, 30 PP, 100% Acc., Normal, Special, User attacks first.
Photon Beam: 110 BP, 20 PP, 100% Acc., Normal, Special, No additional effect.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Revetaw

Type: Normal/Fighting
Abilities: Pacifist/Anti-Air

Pacifist: This Pokemon is immune to Fighting Type moves.
Anti Air: This Pokemon is immune to Flying Type moves.

Base Stats: 80 / 120 / 80 / 120 / 80 / 120

Relevant Moves: Tri Attack, Hyper Voice, Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Return, Quick Attack, Vacuum Wave, Pure Light, Spirit Arrow, Photon Beam, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Stealth Rock, Heart Swap

Pure Light: 90 BP, 20 PP, Normal, Special, Ignores Accuracy modifiers.
Spirit Arrow: 40 BP, 30 PP, 100% Acc., Normal, Special, User attacks first.
Photon Beam: 110 BP, 20 PP, 100% Acc., Normal, Special, No additional effect.
name lol...

Watever. It looks good, though. It looks to be a fragile sweeper with a variety of attacking options.

though, I AM a bit confused at playstyle.
it looks to be more special oriented, with physical options (mixed-attacking, maybe?)

But is has a variety of irrelevant moves, like heart swap and stealth rock. these just seem Out of place for the pokemon, but maybe a description of the pokemon would clear things up for me.

also, the moves he learns seem broken as hell.
a special normal priority move is great... but I think Pure light (normal-type aurasphere) and Photon Beam might be OP. is this guy a pseudo legendary? or do we already have one/two?

*just noticed: Gen 3 had 2 pseudo legendaries, so we could incorporate more than one in this generation

Despite that, it looks great.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Pacifist makes it sound like you take double damage from Fighting moves or can't inflict direct damage at all, IMO. Not sure about Anti-Air, though introducing two new abilities for just one pokemon seems a bit much.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
we did this back in the day, but i think some of our pokes were way overpowered, something like this

Pluxie

Type: Grass/Electric
Abilities: Levitate
Base Stats: 75/50/70/120/85/130

Relevant Moves: Aromatherapy, Grass Knot, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Discharge, Charge Beam, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Agility, Calm Mind, Hidden Power

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea it was, i kinda edited it so it wasn't as beastly as it was but i think magic guard is too much

like it's stupid fast and can use life orb without any problem
pretty much the problem with krilowatt in Smogon's CAP

and it's movepool is pretty much standard grass and electric combined, nothing too special, i threw in a few moves that could work aesthetically since it's a fairy

i don't remember if pluxie was the name, just remember it ended in xie

so i'll remove magic guard and give it something else, nah screw it, giving it levitate should be enough, i may weaken it's defensive stats a little bit

i remember having multiple Bannette evos, one being ghost/normal, ghost/steel, and ghost/fighting

also a bug/electric pokemon that was bad-***

Top Bottom