• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the problem is

NO ONE CARES

matchup charts are for homos that want to fight about nothing that matters

everyone knows its the player that actually matters

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
the problem is

NO ONE CARES

matchup charts are for homos that want to fight about nothing that matters

everyone knows its the player that actually matters

well from the looks of it when you were up against M2k you just rushed in a S S backwards and just let him get that sweet ol satisfaction of marth. i understand now.

Animal

Smash Lord
when yall gonna learn that im da greatest. dont let the good will hunting sig fool ya ill *** u upppppp

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
lol, you were gettin off on everyone that 2nd stock.

good work.

edit

hey animal i can teach you to play fox when i come to RoM 3, if you want.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
How do you improve your reflexes? I have a friend who likes to roll towards me a lot, so I've been positioning myself at roll distance. However, I'm too slow to even grab him on reaction.

What are good things to do when you jab someone? I've been adding jab to my shield pressure game, but when a jab connects I get hit back before I can move again.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
How do you improve your reflexes? I have a friend who likes to roll towards me a lot, so I've been positioning myself at roll distance. However, I'm too slow to even grab him on reaction.

What are good things to do when you jab someone? I've been adding jab to my shield pressure game, but when a jab connects I get hit back before I can move again.
LOL if you have slow reflex's you cant really change that

practice? idk

and another thing, if you space a jab right, you can knee and if they try to sheild grab the jab they get raaaaaaaaaaaped

so you can jab>knee or jab>grab

works sometimes

mix it up tho

and learn to gentleman>dash cancel

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i somehow really doubt this

maybe yur not focusing hard enough, idk cuz the time you have to react to a roll is alot, esp if yur standing perfectly still

and if this is true, than i doubt you could ever be very good =/

however i am looking for ways to improve my reflexes, so if yu do figure it out, lemme know

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

try this
http://www.lumosity.com/brain-games/speed-games/speed-match

taj posted it in the az thread recently but i haven't tried it yet

JPOBS

Smash Hero

i dont know what to say about reflexes except to try to concentrate more, and play more.

as for jabbing, its generally a terrible idea vs experienced players because it has almost no stun for a wide range of percents and they can do almost anything to escape if their fast enough, jab only very rarely

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
as for jabbing, its generally a terrible idea vs experienced players because it has almost no stun for a wide range of percents and they can do almost anything to escape if their fast enough, jab only very rarely
this is garbage advice

learn to play bro

what faster option do you have then jabbing?

putting your shield up, which everyone knows gets you ***** cuz your options OoS SUCK

except wd OoS but it still sucks

seriously tho that was garbage advice i cant believe you said not to jab

JPOBS

Smash Hero
this is garbage advice

learn to play bro

what faster option do you have then jabbing?

putting your shield up, which everyone knows gets you ***** cuz your options OoS SUCK

except wd OoS but it still sucks

seriously tho that was garbage advice i cant believe you said not to jab
umm...they could almost always just jab you back, or CC to like, anything :/

granted, falcon is slightly different cuz his gentlemen is actually decent and has some nice knock back, but if they just cc the first one or two they can buffer roll out or do various character specfic things.

the effectiveness of jabbing someone decreases the higher level of player you're playing.

i was talking moren generally and not about falcon though, falcon dittos, jab is nice cuz falcon sucks but vs the other top tiers u will eat various forms of dtilt, shine, dsmash, etc

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
jab is amazing vs fox when your just close enough that he cant grab/shine you but the jab will hit

from there you can jab>knee and **** him

vs marth its ok but his shield grab is gay so you gotta be more careful

vs everyone its amazing for jab resets duh

i just think its a great move when your too close for comfort

jab>run away usually works

legion598

Smash Ace
I shield pressure with gentleman u just have to do it really fast. just nair as usual and if their shield pops up do the gentleman. even if they crouch cancel it u have options. if they CC>shield u grab and if they CC> anything else its pretty much a free knee. I think they may be able to shield the whole thing and then grab tho but usually no one does. jab by itself kinda sucks tho dont listen to jona hes a douche.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
jab is amazing vs fox when your just close enough that he cant grab/shine you but the jab will hit

from there you can jab>knee and **** him

vs marth its ok but his shield grab is gay so you gotta be more careful

vs everyone its amazing for jab resets duh

i just think its a great move when your too close for comfort

jab>run away usually works
oh well duuh jab reset ***** that goes without saying

but i dont know what kind of fox gets jabbed to kneed :/
jab has too little stun, and knee comes out to slow. the fox literally has to be doing abosultely nothing for that to work

and if its working cuz they go for shines but miss, then they need to learn2space

D

Deleted member

falcon isn't all about reflexes even though it obviously helps

prediction is really important too

so when your n00bfriend is probably going to roll just stand in grab range and grab or knee

no need to be talented/trained in reflexes when you can just see it coming

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
oh well duuh jab reset ***** that goes without saying

but i dont know what kind of fox gets jabbed to kneed :/
jab has too little stun, and knee comes out to slow. the fox literally has to be doing abosultely nothing for that to work

and if its working cuz they go for shines but miss, then they need to learn2space
ive done it on hazz eggm and on plenty of other foxes, you can do it on falco too and it can shield stab on their head and they get ***** if theyre close to the edge at like 30 haha

dont tell me it doesnt work

try it yourself just be quick

JPOBS

Smash Hero
meh, im not saying it never works, but the original guy posted asking for good things to do after jab because he gets hit back before he can move.

i was just explaining why he was experiencing problems.

as for stuff like jab knee, meh, i know it can work if you space it and they try shining you, but i dont like relying on statregies that require my opponent to make mistakes :/

D

Deleted member

everybody in the world makes mistakes

some foxes will automatically spotdodge after getting 2nd jabbed by falcon so you knee them while they spotdodge

it's all about figuring out your opponent

nkd

Smash Rookie
as for stuff like jab knee, meh, i know it can work if you space it and they try shining you, but i dont like relying on statregies that require my opponent to make mistakes :/
Falcon is based around your opponents making mistakes, the main mistake they can make being not picking shiek lol

nkd

Smash Rookie
Uhh what? Isn't it like that with every character in every fighting game? Good job.
Cheers. To a degree that's true definately but it's way more true with Falcon than it is with the better charecters in that one of his biggest strengths is his punishment game.

D

Deleted member

i discovered that if a fox techs on a small platform (b-field) on the edge, falcon can charge a forward-smash on the other side of the platform and cover every single option

if fox techs into you you will do a reverse f-smash and any other direction gets hit normally

kinda useless info but doing a reverse f-smash is too good

Top Bottom