• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

$mike

Smash Ace
yo i have two questions:

where do i CP sheik? i used to pick kongo jungle but it turns out sheik can just camp the middle and crouch and be gay.

and what do you do against falco's LHDL?

mmm thanks
i think most stages are in falcon's favor than sheik's, so it's basically a matter of preference. my favorite cps in order: stadium, battlefield (a lot of sheiks cp this, but i still think it's good), dreamland/brinstar, dk64. if they know how to techchase really well then stay away from fd at all times, otherwise that stage ***** too.

for falco's lhdl -
if you're on a stage with platforms, stand on top of it and drop through with a bair as the falco comes in with the lasers. i think that's one of the better and more reliable punishes for that. something i do a lot (which you need to time well) is run in and grab -> dropzone as falco is coming in with the lhdl. if the falco does the lhdl really low then this won't work but only smart falcos do that. and of course you can catch them with a full jump knee or something on their way up.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Standing on a platform ready to drop down with bair is a great way to keep alot of characters on the edge. This is especially important because Falcon lacks alot of super-homo edgeguards that other chars have, so if he can keep them from getting to the stage from the edge, its all good. This is especially good vs Samus, Link and Marth.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont think thats that good vs marth, his range is big enough so that he can hit you first unless youre planning on being too far away, in which case he could just get up

its ok if you bait a getup attack somehow, but wd from the ledge and just standing up are pretty good counters to it so you really shouldnt be getting away with simply standing on a platform waiting for them to get up. a tricky double jump waveland onto the plat can suffice, but if someone is desperate enough to ledgehop with an attack if youre standing up on a platform then there are plenty of good ways to mess with them

i never get bairs on falcos lhdling, he always hits me in the foot, but fj stomp does pretty well in my experience

i dont think fd makes much of a difference in sheiks tech chasing opportunities, and the lack of platforms limits her needle game a lot so i think thats a pretty good level to take sheiks to

scar im still around but i only post when i see things worth replying to, so the quality of this thread directly correlates with the amount i post in it

i do read the boards less frequently than i used to though

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
it's obsolete against people who know how to mash the control stick (or actually SDI with skill)

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea BigD is right about Marth.

If I see a CF doing that I will just waveland in place right near the edge and just fsmash the crap outta CF as he bairs nothing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
wait what

what else can you do

you mother****ers
If your tilts are >7% in damage and they're at the percent where they knockdown, you can do those, for starters.

You can also crouch in front of them and then CC the get-up attack, dash grab/boost grab/dash attack the rolls, and grab the stand.

Immediately dash attacking at the non-tech when you see it if they DI away (which Falcon kind of has to) also works.

I think at some percent you can combo D-throw F-tilt on DI away onstage but I never bothered to look into it.

I dunno. Lots of stuff.

Scar

#HarveyDent
ya but it's mixups and execution etc, not the same garbage easy ****ing **** over and over

i'm fine with "lots of stuff," what sucks is "one thing that works no matter what"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ya but it's mixups and execution etc, not the same garbage easy ****ing **** over and over

i'm fine with "lots of stuff," what sucks is "one thing that works no matter what"
Fair enough. I think she has sufficient stuff to still kill him in a hit though if she's good.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i love playing sheik vs falcons that think they have nothing to worry about now that they know about smash DIing out of the jab reset

i cant even do the normal tech chase that well, but i know theyre always gonna intentionally miss the tech and i get a free whatever i want, usually up smash

but really, the crouch thing kk mentioned isnt really much harder than just chasing a tech in the first place, so sheik really will be getting you almost every single time so long as they can do the normal ****

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
i love playing sheik vs falcons that think they have nothing to worry about now that they know about smash DIing out of the jab reset

i cant even do the normal tech chase that well, but i know theyre always gonna intentionally miss the tech and i get a free whatever i want, usually up smash

but really, the crouch thing kk mentioned isnt really much harder than just chasing a tech in the first place, so sheik really will be getting you almost every single time so long as they can do the normal ****
ChRed's Sheik is hilarious because when he thinks Falcon won't tech, he just waits for the smash DI instead of jab resetting. The smash DI causes Falcon to stand up anyway.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Fair enough. I think she has sufficient stuff to still kill him in a hit though if she's good.
ya so can everyone else

fox:
shine shine shine shine shine dsmash
nair shine grab usmash nair grab nair edgeguard

falco:
dair shine dair shine dair shine edgeguard

marth:
tipper

jigglypuff:
utilt rest
edgeguard at any %
fthrow fsmash dsmash

ice climbers:
grab

doc:
fthrow bair

D

Deleted member

s2j quit talking about poker and win money so you and oscar can come to poe
i made enuf money in poker to come but i can't fly in during the week due to 1st week of summer school starting

i think oscar is talking to peef about the details though

Top Bottom