• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Irritating character to fight.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mash up like a madman to SDI out, and suddenly Pikachu's dsmash isn't much of a problem at all.

Most people have problems facing Meta Knight, or overly campy characters such as Toon Link, Falco, Wario, Diddy, Olimar, or Lucario.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
OP doesnt even need to SDI, just hold up on the control stick and you get out, you can get out earlier and even punish if you SDI :)

Nik21

Smash Cadet
meta knight
diddy
olimar

its fun to use irritating characters yourself sometimes. i started training with diddy and suddenly the nanas aren't so bad :)

link2702

Smash Champion
Ice climbers, end of story

one grab....

all they need is to punish you with one grab...

you have to play absolutly perfect to beat an IC, even though MK is annoying, i hate IC with a passion, their broken cg, the current "ruleset" for it(really, cant' ya'll think of something honestly better then what it currently is? it is still basicly giving em something too powerful even if "their grab range is pitiful" or "popo becmes the worst character in the game if you KO nana" really, those 2 excuses are what i hear all the time, but honestly those aren't big enough or good enough ones to serioulsy let them have a 0-death grab like theres.), just the overall fact that they are the only characters with a true, absolute 0-deaht on everyone else in teh game in pretty much every situation, except another IC main(only if both the cpu and player controlled IC are alive) really though.

the fact that you can't even do anything about it, once you're grabbed its over, it'd be different if more characters had real "combos" in brawl, and more importantly, more true 0-death ones, then at least having one of them on the IC would make it a bit easier, but the way brawl is setup, everyone else, *Usually* has to punish several mistakes the oppenents make before they can go in for the killing blow, IC only need to punish one mistake....with a grab.

MK may be annoying, and he may be number 1 on the list, but he's honestly not near as intimidating or annoying as an IC, cuz even he has to be extremely cautious against em, otherwise he gets caught by a 0-death grab too.

Blackaneseman

Smash Rookie
I would have to say falco and his gun... And pit and his arrows. My buddy can hit me anywhere on any stage with those **** arrows.,

Latias

Smash Journeyman
Ice climbers, end of story

one grab....

all they need is to punish you with one grab...

you have to play absolutly perfect to beat an IC, even though MK is annoying, i hate IC with a passion, their broken cg, the current "ruleset" for it(really, cant' ya'll think of something honestly better then what it currently is? it is still basicly giving em something too powerful even if "their grab range is pitiful" or "popo becmes the worst character in the game if you KO nana" really, those 2 excuses are what i hear all the time, but honestly those aren't big enough or good enough ones to serioulsy let them have a 0-death grab like theres.), just the overall fact that they are the only characters with a true, absolute 0-deaht on everyone else in teh game in pretty much every situation, except another IC main(only if both the cpu and player controlled IC are alive) really though.

the fact that you can't even do anything about it, once you're grabbed its over, it'd be different if more characters had real "combos" in brawl, and more importantly, more true 0-death ones, then at least having one of them on the IC would make it a bit easier, but the way brawl is setup, everyone else, *Usually* has to punish several mistakes the oppenents make before they can go in for the killing blow, IC only need to punish one mistake....with a grab.

MK may be annoying, and he may be number 1 on the list, but he's honestly not near as intimidating or annoying as an IC, cuz even he has to be extremely cautious against em, otherwise he gets caught by a 0-death grab too.
about that chain grab, its easy to beat, pull a mikehaze on 'em.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Olimar by far. I've also recently been having trouble with Sonics who before I considered a joke, but he's really stupid to play against. Rather play one than Olimar though.

Smash-kong

Smash Rookie
Im a fan of both kong's so they dont bother me. but i'd say the most stressful character has to be OLIMAR. god i hate him. and his final smash, i always get hit by that **** rocket. D:

link2702

Smash Champion
lol....item matches....

just an FYI, mots folks here talk about competitive brawl, aka, no items, so most folks aren't gonna be talking about the Final smashes, we are talking about he other properties taht make the other characters annoying such as the Ice climbers Chain grab, or olimars wacky grab range or everything about metaknight.

its ok if you like playing item matches in freindly casual matches, but 90% of the time you aren't gonna find folks here who want to play item matches and have all the random elements of luck showing up to possibly cost them a stock. we already have to put up with tripping, the forced factor of luck, they made us deal with in brawl <_<

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Luigi does seem to be the hardest CPU, but i dont play CPUs often.

I find facing MetaKnight easier than Ice Climbers. I cant face them AT ALL.

I fare quite well with Olimar.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
meta knight
diddy
olimar

its fun to use irritating characters yourself sometimes. i started training with diddy and suddenly the nanas aren't so bad :)
I agree with this post completly, i used to hate MK but now that i main him its not so bad.

iLSA

Smash Cadet
Forgive me for thinking this but IMO the most annoying character is Toon Link. He is one of my mains, so I know what kind of tricks you can pull with him. I found that by relentlessly showering your enemies (or at least my enemies) with his bombs can rack up a lot of damage really quickly. It's even worse when the Toon Link combines that strategy with smashes.

Thankfully, I'm the only one in my group who knows this cheap tactic.

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
Forgive me for thinking this but IMO the most annoying character is Toon Link. He is one of my mains, so I know what kind of tricks you can pull with him. I found that by relentlessly showering your enemies (or at least my enemies) with his bombs can rack up a lot of damage really quickly. It's even worse when the Toon Link combines that strategy with smashes.

Thankfully, I'm the only one in my group who knows this cheap tactic.
I must say, but it is the same here for me!

Ike is one of my mains and fighting against professional Toon Link players with him can often end matches quickly depending on your skill. I know that Tinks usually kill Ike's with their DSmash.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
// Dark Meta Knight \\

click for playlist

// Information \\

Description ~ ? ? ?
{
So far only appearing in a single game, Dark Meta Knight was created by the power of the Mirror World, and was made in the likeness of Meta Knight himself. When Meta Knight found that the Mirror World was in danger, the mirror created a copy of his dark side, and Dark Meta Knight came to be. In Radish Ruins, Dark MK disguises himself as Meta Knight and is called "? ? ?" during the Boss battle.

Dark Meta Knight bears a great resemblance to Meta Knight. The main difference between the two is their coloration. While Meta Knight's design is somewhat vibrant, Dark Meta Knight is grey and dark (perhaps in reference to his original design). Dark Meta Knight also possesses a very different mindset, having almost no sense of honor or chivalry.

In Brawl, Dark Meta Knight doesn't actually appear on the character roster as most characters do. Instead, similar to Zero Suit Samus, he can be selected by holding the L or R button (Z on Wii remote) when picking Meta Knight on the character select screen. However, as an homage to Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, tapping the down taunt button briefly (as if performing Snake's Codec easter egg) as Meta Knight will transform him into Dark MK mid-battle (not that you'd want to, honestly). This process takes a few moments as the game loads the new moveset and Meta Knight changes colors from blue to grey.

Dark Meta Knight has very similar stats to the regular Meta Knight, but a few things are different. For one, Dark MK has a slightly faster air speed and falling speed, and generally slower and more hard-hitting attacks. He also has different animations for almost everything, including running, jumping, gliding, and dodging. Dark MK also has no voice acting, being almost completely silent in-game. Although Dark Meta Knight's handling is quite familiar, he plays pretty differently than regular Meta Knight.
}

// Special Attacks \\

Neutral Special ~ Mach Tornado {Damage: 4% per hit}

{While still called Mach Tornado, this move differs considerably from Meta Knight's neutral B. Drawing back his sword, Dark Meta Knight charges up a sphere of blue energy on the tip of his blade behind him, this being a move of the hold-to-charge variety. You can hold the charge indefinitely, but it finishes charging after a little under three seconds. Upon release, Dark Meta Knight launches a whirling pillar of yellow and purple energy that moves forward on the ground at a decent pace.

Depending on how much you held B beforehand, this can either be a Ganondorf-sized pillar that moves forward at a steady pace or a towering vortex as high as Pikachu's Thunder cloud, damaging everything in its path with multiple hits that carry upward. The tornado will fall diagonally to the ground if summoned in midair, and will dissipate at the lip of the stage or if it hits a wall (if not sooner, it's on a timer for several seconds). This move can KO at higher %s at the top blast zone, but is easily dodgeable. Shielding foes, however, will be pushed by the tornado and must roll dodge to get past the whirlwind. This move is not very spammable.
}

Side Special ~ Sword Beam {Damage: 5%, 8% on sweetspot (only if dodging)}

{With a similar animation to the neutral B, Dark Meta Knight draws back his sword and swings it in front of himself, sending an arc of purple-grey energy briskly forward. There's a sweetspot in the middle of this projectile, in the form of a more spherical-shaped energy, which deals extra knockback. The energy wave can be slightly angled up or down before it launches, but always disappears a Fox laser's distance away. This move has a very important twist, however, in that it only affects foes who are shielding or dodging. Shielding foes have it easier-- they'll sustain damage to their shield, and will be pushed far away, but will otherwise be untouched by this move. Dodging enemies, however, will take regular damage and knockback, making this move useful on overly jumpy foes but not very much so otherwise. Unlike the previous projectile, this one can be used liberally in a short timespan.
}

Up Special ~ Mirror Flip {Damage: 9%}

{Dark Meta Knight appears to become two-dimensional, gleaming with a mirror-like sheen. After a momentary pause, he turns sideways and promptly disappears, reappearing simultaneously one platform away, in whatever direction you pointed the stick. This move can be used twice before touching the ground, allowing for very unpredictable movement, but the second use of this move without touching land will put Dark MK into a helpless state. Dark Meta Knight becomes a weak hitbox where he reappears, but this move is otherwise non-offensive. There's more starting lag than ending lag, but you still can't really spam teleports.
}

Down Special ~ Dark Absorb {Damage: Variable}

{Dark Meta Knight holds up his blade in a parry stance, blocking any attack from in front of him and absorbing its energy. Dark MK can hold this stance indefinitely, though he may take some damage and experience end lag after a particularly powerful blow. After this move is released, your attacks will have up to a 50% boost in damage and knockback for up to six seconds (non-stacking), as well as the ability to reflect projectiles with sword attacks to varying degrees of intensity. During these six seconds, Dark Meta Knight will have an afterimage that trails behind him (almost mirror-like...), as well as a somewhat glowing sword that shines brighter the more energy is absorbed. When he reflects a projectile, his sword will flash once to notify the players. By the way, that deal with the afterimage isn't just cosmetic; Dark MK's dodge animation is a mirror teleport, but the afterimage runs to where you reappear after the dodge, giving away your position. Play wisely.

Exactly the timing and percentages of the stat boost is an unnecessary detail, but I'll try and break down the mechanics of it. Basically, depending on how much damage you've blocked, your buff will gain intensity first, followed by a gain in buff time. That means that you'll reach your maximum buff strength before the maximum buff time, so if you've only absorbed so much damage, the buff will be at the minimum time and low power. If you've absorbed a bit more than that, you'll max out on the possible damage bonus, and now your only gain is in boost time. Reflection characteristics are proportional to the damage buff: projectiles hit by sword attacks will be deflected at a faster velocity (but not power!) based on the damage buff, maxing out at the same rate and increasing in time at the same rate. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
}

// Standard Attacks \\

Neutral Attack ~ Infinite Slash {Damage: 1%-2% (each slash)}
{This is a fairly standard one-two-infinite combo, with Dark Meta Knight performing a left slash, then a right slash, then a flurry of barely visible sword swipes that cover the area one lying Wario in front of him, trapping foes for continuous damage racking. The horizontal range on this is more than most other neutral combos, but the vertical hitbox is low to the ground and there is a spot of end lag if you want to stop slashing.
}

Forward Tilt ~ Sword Lunge {Damage: 9% (normal), 13% (sweetspot)}

{With little warning, Dark Meta Knight thrusts his sword forward and keeps it there for a moment, for moderate knockback that scales poorly at higher %s. There's a sweetspot at the tip of the blade when Dark MK first pulls out his sword that has extra knockback and damage, but afterwards the sword is a hitbox that deals set damage and knockback. This move has great range, but if you want to score a KO then learning to space the sweetspot is important.
}

Up Tilt ~ Skyblock {Damage: 10%}
{Dark Meta Knight raises his blade above his head, in an upward parry stance. After a moderate pause, the swordsman will automatically perform an overhead slash that covers a 180° angle above his head, with high knockback that scales poorly at high %s. This attack has only average damage, but this move is a makeshift counter-- Dark MK's blade will block any attack from above during the starting lag, ensuring that you'll land the hit. This move can become a very powerful counter to down-facing aerials, but its substandard startup time and unremarkable damage make it not worthwhile otherwise.
}

Down Tilt ~ Shadow Blade {Damage: 8%}
{This guy's crouching stance is pretty much exactly like regular Meta Knight's, so from that pose, Dark MK thrusts his blade into the ground (or a mirror, really), and at the same time the other end of the sword pierces out of the ground, about a character width away. This is a decent diagonal launcher, and is a great setup for aerial combos, having consistent knockback and predictable traits-- however the awkward spacing of the attack means that you'll need to distance yourself from enemies a little. This move comes out surprisingly fast, but can't be spammed the same way regular MK's DTilt can.
}

Dash Attack ~ Drill Rush {Damage: 1% (x7 hits), 3% (final hit)}

{As the name suggests, this attack is very much like Meta Knight's Side+B, with a few differences. It's not controllable, firstly, and it transpires much faster, meaning that it will get more hits in a shorter time. This move can also carry Dark MK off ledges, unusual for a dashing attack, making this a good choice for aggressive playstyles. Some cooldown on this makes it best to use while rushing towards enemies.
}

// Aerial Attacks \\

Neutral Aerial ~ Whirl {Damage: 12% (first hit), 7% (second hit), 5% (third hit)}
{Similarly to Meta Knight's NAir, Dark MK takes a moment to perform a quick aerial spin with his sword outstretched, only this move has a horizontal hitbox rather than a round one. It's just about as powerful as Meta Knight's move of the same input, though, and has some nice range on each side to boot. Bit of a twist (haha!) on this move though, basically it boosts Dark MK up in the air a little when he uses it, making it a boon for horizontal recovery as well as a good choice in aerial combos. This is accompanied by a small whirlwind effect. Small note: Although the attack has multiple hits, you'll never land all three on the same enemy.
}

Forward Aerial ~ Quick Strike {Damage: 10%}
{With no warning (obviously), Dark Meta Knight slashes forward with one hand, this being a bit of an overhead slash (think covering a 35° angle in front of and slightly above the dark knight himself.) There's a very slight lingering hitbox as well, so Dark MK here will briefly hold the sword out after he swipes. As you'd expect, this is nice and fast combo move, but the angle of the hitbox makes it best to approach from slightly below the enemy, while you're jumping at them. How are you going to keep the enemy in the air, though...?
}

Back Aerial ~ Reflex {Damage: 7% (normal), 11% (sweetspot)}
{Dark Meta Knight turns around and extends his blade in one fluid motion, this turning him around entirely in the process. This attack hits behind and slightly below Dark MK, and as such the direction of launch is a rather evil diagonal downwards angle-- only if the tip of the sword hits, though. It's not a very strong attack otherwise, and has low hitstun, not to mention a spot of ending lag. If you can manage it, though, the direction of knockback is pretty awesome, so use this near the lip of a stage for a killer edgeguard.
}

Up Aerial ~ Sword Spin {Damage: 2% (x5 hits)}
{Dark Meta Knight throws his blade above his head, and for some reason it hovers in place and spins for a moment, dealing out multiple hits before knocking away foes in a vague upward direction. Oh, and when I said it hovers in place? I meant it. The sword will actually spin for a moment in a static location before returning to Dark MK, leaving him briefly helpless (well, not entirely, you can still dodge, glide, recover, grab, or perform a weak kick) until either the move ends, he lands, or is hit by an attack. This is useful for distancing yourself from the action, but can be risky to use. There's minor lag on either end.
}

Down Aerial ~ Star Dive {Damage: 9% (sword), 6% (stars)}

{Basically, Dark Meta Knight plunges downward with his sword (keeping some momentum), before striking the ground and emitting a shiny star on either side of him (somewhat like Dedede's Up Special), this being a stall-then-fall style move. While it's not as powerful compared to, say, Toon Link's move of the same input, and doesn't have the spiking ability, it does come out a little faster, and can be canceled by jumping or dodging, allowing for rapid changes in vertical spacing as well as mindgame potential. The landing is somewhat punishable, though.
}

Z Air ~ Roll {Damage: 8% (roll), 9% (glide attack)}
{In lieu of a move like Shuttle Loop that initiates a glide, Dark Meta Knight has a ZAir input that, pretty straightforwardly, has him perform an aileron roll (that is to say, spin) that deals damage and transitions smoothly into a standard glide. His glide attack is a stab downward with his sword, which is a meteor smash.
}

// Smash Attacks \\

Forward Smash ~ Darkslash {Uncharged Damage: 14%, Charged Damage: 19%}

{After drawing back his sword, Dark Meta Knight unleashes a mighty arcing forward swing, covering a pretty nice horizontal range. The parallels to regular MK's forward smash are obvious, and in fact the move behaves very similarly. However, this attack trades off some damage for a large hitbox (just as in the image above), as well as the priority to destroy most projectiles outright (unless you have a dark energy buff, in which case you will reflect them). As an extra bonus for advanced players, the startup animation for this move is very similar to both your Neutral and Forwaard Specials, allowing you to mix things up a little.
}

Up Smash ~ Energy Thrust {Uncharged Damage: 15%, Charged Damage: 22%}

{Dark Meta Knight crouches as his sword glows, before thrusting the energy-infused blade with great upwards force. That can KO quite handily on its own, but that same motion also creates an air column extending roughly above and around Dark MK himself. This is basically a clearly visible wind blast that pushes foes out and away (dealing no damage, but a windy sort of set knockback) from the glowing sword's ridiculous hitbox... which is a bad thing, right? Well, it depends on how you look at it. You may in fact be wise to keep foes away from you... Anyhow, this is a fairly slow move not quite in the same family as Ivysaur or Lucas's USmash, but powerful nonetheless.
}

Down Smash ~ Blade Rift {Uncharged Damage: 12%, Charged Damage: 16%}

{Dark MK plunges his blade into the ground, and evidently into the mirror dimension, as two identical copies of his sword come straight up from the ground on either side of him dealing some nice upward knockback. The move comes out pretty quickly, and since the vertical blades are some distance from Dark MK's actual body, this is a safe move to use at range. Dark Meta Knight remains somewhat vulnerable if he misses, though, for that same reason-- spacing is key. This move is a good pick for reflecting projectiles, provided you have the buff active.
}

// Grab and Throws \\

Grab Attack ~ Cutthroat {Damage: 3%}
Dark Meta Knight holds opponents just like normal Meta Knight, except his pummel is a shady-looking slice with his sword. All the stats are the same, though.
}

Forward Throw ~ Mirror Portal {Damage: 9%}

{Dark Meta Knight summons an ornate mirror in front of the helpless foe, then launches them forward with his sword... after which they disappear into the mirror?! Huh? Before you can blink, a second mirror appears some ways behind Dark MK, from which the character is sent sailing above the dark knight's head. The move ends here, so if you're fast enough and your foe's % is low, you can pull a fast one on them in midair. You can also send projectiles through the mirror in the instant before it vanishes, allowing for even more options.
}

Back Throw ~ Bank Shot {Damage: 10%}

{Dark Meta Knight summons an ornate mirror in front of the helpless foe, then launches them forward with his sword. Sound familiar? Well, don't get too comfortable. This time, the mirror simply reflects their trajectory and promptly sends them flying in the opposite direction. If you're quick, though, you can send a Mach Tornado or Sword Beam bouncing after them before the mirror disappears. This throw is better for KOs than the FThrow, but is harder to follow up from.
}

Up Throw ~ Dark Descent {Damage: 12%}
{Dark Meta Knight leaps high into the air (upper blast zone) holding the enemy, then plummets downward with his sword at an alarmingly fast rate. When he lands, you have just enough time to see he has impaled his foe, before he picks up his blade. Naturally, this move ends with the other character lying prone-- but Dark MK ends having just barely bounced into the air, open for options.
}

Down Throw ~ Shatter {Damage: 1% (each shard) (11% max)}
{Dark Meta Knight seems to freeze in place... Wha...? Without warning, he shatters violently into an array of reflective shards, launching the held opponent forcefully upwards. The mirror fragments seem to move in slow motion briefly, before coalescing back to form Dark MK once more. Throughout this, you can influence the direction of explosion/reintegration and thus slightly change the direction of knockback and where you re-form after the throw's over. Also, it doesn't really behave like one, but this throw technically has multiple hits.
}

// Final Smash \\

Final Smash ~ Dimension Mirror

{Dark Meta Knight has destroyed the Smash Ball! Upon activation, the sky grows dim and a whirling maelstrom of darkness forms behind the stage. In the center of the madness is a large and ornate winged mirror, that flashes with an evil face... what could it be? Why is it here? You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Dark MK, glowing with power, slashes any opponent standing directly in front of him so hard they split into four different-colored versions of themselves! Before they have a chance to do anything, though, all four of them (more if you slashed more than one character) are sucked into the ominous mirror in the background, and lose a stock as they are banished to the Mirror World! As you can imagine, this is a very powerful technique, but you have to be pretty close to land it.}

// Playstyle \\

Playstyle ~ ? ? ?
{
Dark Meta Knight is an interesting character to pick in Brawl. Right off the bat, you can start the match as the infamous Meta Knight, and no one will bat an eyelid. Of course, at any time, if you have a quick thumb, you can reveal your true form (Dark MK). That party trick gets old fast, though; you're going to need some pretty tricky tricks to scrape by-- something Dark Meta Knight has no shortage of.

His fast movement speed, coupled with higher falling/air speed than regular MK as well as teleporting dodges, make his motion unpredictable. This is helped by a teleporting recovery, glide functionality, and a counter-style move. Dark MK has plenty of moves that are pretty fast to come out, like his decidedly less evil counterpart, but on the whole has only slightly above-average attack speed. As a player, you also have access to two very useful projectiles: one is a great ranged option (your towering Mach Tornado) that can put a lot of pressure on your foes and forces them to run or roll towards you. The other is a deceptive wisp of energy whose sole purpose is to trick your enemy-- it shares startup animations with the NSpec and the FSmash., and doesn't affect anyone who isn't trying to avoid it.

Your Down Special is not your average counter. Instead of being punished immediately via knockback, your foe will instead have to contend with much more powerful attacks as well as most of their projectiles coming right back at them. They'll have to seriously consider whether or not to attack you, and whether or not to dodge your projectiles (thanks to your FSpec). This indecision gives Dark MK valuable time to land some of his slower, more KO friendly moves, like his FSmash and USmash... outside of those, bar certain throws and aerials, you sorely lack finishers at reasonable %s. Not that you have a hard time racking up damage though; there are multi-hit attacks abound (like your dash attack and neutral combo) as well as moves that string naturally into combos (DTilt is a launcher, FAir and NAir can chain easily, your throws are easy to follow up from).

Played right, Dark Meta Knight is an interesting alternative to our notorious, blue-caped friend. You may even find you prefer Dark MK's power, or perhaps the the feeling of outsmarting foes with your unpredictable attack pattern. Either way you slice it, you are rewarded for playing intelligently and using mindgames to defeat your enemies, moreso than your average character. You'll also benefit from keeping your distance (thanks to tippers and projectiles) and moving constantly (with glides and teleports). That's all for now, so... good luck being evil and stuff
}

// Boss Battle \\

Phase 1 ~ Dark Mind

{
Dark Mind first appears fading from black against an ominous, blue-swirling background. After that intro, he mostly flies around the arena, constantly teleporting, with two damage-dealing and reflective mirrors orbiting around him. Dark Mind also fires stars in various formations. The stars in-game can be inhaled by Kirby for different abilities, but in Smash, they just have elemental properties: Fire (red), Freeze (blue), Electric (violet), or a random status effect (green).

When it seems you've defeated Dark Mind, he shatters into pieces and your character is teleported to a small segment of the SSE, where you can earn back some health items and defeat a couple of enemies. Once you go back through the mirror portal though, Dark Mind appears in a new arena (with a theme from the last rest area you visited) with some new tricks as well. This process of "killing" him and being sent to a new area repeats three times over, each phase becoming more erratic as he gains new attacks, such as firing stars in corners which later on home onto the player character, or dropping a dangerous bomb that will destroy the screen (and you!) unless you damage it enough first. If you keep at it, Dark Mind eventually falls, but it's not over yet...
}

Phase 2 ~ Evil Eye

{
You find yourself in an empty plain under a sky of incandescent orange clouds. A single blazing eye appears at a distance from the middle of the screen, pulsing threateningly... It suddenly grows to take up almost half the battlefield! This is Dark Mind's second, more powerful form. This form will fly around the arena, sometimes sweeping horizontally across the screen to fire a huge laser either continuously or in bursts. He can also quickly weave his twin mirrors around in complex patterns while moving himself, sometimes while rushing across the bottom of the screen upside-down. If a mirror is attacked enough, it will shatter into damaging shards before disappearing and regenerating. Dark Mind will also send mirrors to various locations on-screen and shoot a laser at one of them, which will then reflect the beam to the other mirrors-- this is naturally tough to dodge.

Another ability involves summoning a group of minor SSE enemies that may drop useful items upon death. Occasionally, the screen might even be flipped vertically in order to confuse the player. During the fight, you might also find yourself walking into "invisible" doors that flip your position on the screen. Dark Mind's weak spot are is the very center of the eye (if it's open), so his attacking hitbox is always bigger than his hurtbox-- sucks for you. This form and the next form also lack health bars, so you'll have to play it by ear for this. Once you whittle down the giant eye's health enough though, Dark Mind shrinks and takes to the skies, with you in hot pursuit on a Warp Star...
}

Phase 3 ~ Desperation

{
At this point, Dark Mind is reduced to a Bowser-sized fireball flying through space, as the player character(s) engage in a top-down scrolling shooting gallery. You chase the fiery eye up into the clouds, firing stars at him and him at you as fast as you can pull the trigger-- it's not easy to die, but if you don't destroy the eye after a certain amount of time during the intense battle, Dark Mind will escape into exosphere and out into space, and you have lost the battle. If you succeed, the eye violently explodes over several seconds and you fly off into the sunset.}

// Extras \\

Stage ~ Dimension Mirror

{
This stage is the location in which you fight Dark Meta Knight in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, just before you go on to face the final boss. It's a fairly simple stage, taking place in a worn-down stone coliseum on an island floating in the midst of a swirling vortex of energy. The mainland is a lot like the Battlefield's main land mass, but instead of there being three platforms arranged in a pyramid, there are only two floating platforms, one on each side, suspended above and a little over the ledge on each side. This orientation makes the Dimension Mirror a very competitive arena that can sometimes offer some interesting gameplay due to the ability to safely drop down onto recovering opponents. Because of the relative ease of edgeguarding on this stage, staying towards the middle is crucial for victory.}

Entrance Animation ~ Mirror World

{
An ornate winged mirror appear in the background, and out swoops the masked man himself-- Dark Meta Knight.}

Kirby Hat ~ Mach Tornado
{
Kirby dons a slightly darker mask complete with a scar on the left-hand side, glowing yellow eyes, and cute little bat wings. He also gains the ability to use Mach Tornado, a powerful technique.}

Palette Swaps ~ Spray Paints
ORIGINAL
BLOOD RED
MEAN GREEN
META BLUE
DARK KNIGHT
WHITE DEATH

Up Taunt ~ Mysterious Cape

{
Dark Meta Knight holds his cape in front of him... mysteriously...}

Side Taunt ~ Engarde

{
The dark knight beckons enemies to come forth and face him.}

Down Taunt ~ Shine
{
Dark MK takes on a 2D appearance as he flashes with a mirror-like sheen.}

Up Victory Pose ~ Phase Out
{
Dark Meta Knight leaps in the air and turns sideways, promptly vanishing out of sight.}

Side Victory Pose ~ Swordplay
{
Dark MK spins his sword a few times in a moment of show-offery, before sheathing it.}

Down Victory Pose ~ Dark Knight
{
Dark Meta Knight swoops onto the screen on menacing dark wings, like a certain caped crusader...}

Loss Pose ~ Flee
{
Dark Meta Knight's faceplate is cut in half, revealing a familiar face... the mystery figure quickly teleports away, as seen below.}

hannesvind

Smash Rookie
hmm... anyone who can KO me lmao.
pikachu sure is a pain in the ***, his lightning is beast!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Lol I guess a lot of people hate Olimar, all the more reason to make him better I guess :) Though I do have to say Olimar dittos suck, so I can see where you all come from. Anyways, most irritating is Diddy BY FAR. Nana locks are terrible, and his combos can be deadly O_o

Deboog

Smash Cadet
MK. He's stupidly broken. Some characters have literally 0 approaches. You just have to watch yourself lose.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
I really hate fighting mario, luigi, ness, lucas, yoshi, bowser, dk, olimar(unless im d3) and sometimes falco

Top Bottom