• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Eww Chris o__o

Espy's mean, even to himself :( I don't wanna burrnnnnn

Dammit Tails! >.< Your post had to be in front.

Anyway, thanks for answering them Espy!!
LOL. Sorry Kupo. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I added the additional questions.

Anyway, Thanks for answering my questions Espy. The bus question, it was just a random question. I was talking about buses in general.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Actually, since it seems apparent that MLG is going to kill activity on the forums for the weekend, I think I'll hold off the voting process until Monday, June 7th...

I do kind of feel bad that me and Tails practically asked most everything though, but I just thought of some more questions people could've asked... where is everyone? I was kind of hoping for more activity from people.

That includes myself. There are some more things I'd like to ask but I'd feel kind of bad having to make the interviewee come back... :/

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
lol ivysaur is very annoying to play against, but not so annoying to beat

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
New voting process begins now.

My vote goes to Tenki, since he's been coming on a lot as of late. I assume Summer vacation. I want to interview this epic guy before he goes MIA again.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Tenki for next awaited interview.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Tenki for mod interview.

(Oh so that list on the OP wasn't gonna be the order of each person getting interviewed?)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Tenki for mod interview.

(Oh so that list on the OP wasn't gonna be the order of each person getting interviewed?)
Nop.

I wonder what questions you guys will ask? is anything really acceptable?
Yes.

Also sorry I've been so lazy to update the OP guys. I've just been busy with some other things. I'm going to have it all nice and tidy by the end of this week or I'll die trying~.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Alright, just making this post for reserve, as well as letting everybody know that Tenki's (hopefully) taking questions now. I'll edit my questions later or make a new post depending on whether or not anyone else asks some things. I'll be at a tournament later today so don't expect any of the fancy stuff until later tonight or early/mid-tomorrow.

Oph, I'm having Tails over my house tomorrow too, I forgot. :X Well, I'm still a man of my word, so hopefully I'll get it done.

Tenki:

Tenki's Profile:

Name: ジョハン
Residence: Georgia
Race: Filipino

Tails' questions:

What was your inspiration for picking up Sonic as your main?

I was literally being a reverse tier-*****. I went backwards up the supposed tierlist at the time (that, or I was just going by impressions), to get a feel for every character and see if they were all as bad as people said.
Ganondorf --> Charizard --> Sonic --> Falcon --> ?

But then uh, some stuff happened and I took up Sonic <3

What was your first reaction when you heard the news that Sonic was going to be in Brawl when he was announced?

Oh cool.

If Sonic wasn't in Brawl, who would be your main character?

I started out as Ike, but I have alot of fun with Falcon. Otherwise, probably PT.

I basically just listed out the only other characters I'd play lol.

Did you have times that you just wanted to give up in Brawl because of a bad match or bad day?

Yeah sort of. I don't really get to play Brawl too much anymore so I can't really improve ;p

Back when everyone played wifi, I was lucky to have played during the time when all these Melee vets and Brawl up-and-comers played on AiB. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be as mediocre as I am today. Like, a long time ago, me and Shado played like, all the time / similarly/about equal and we played the Ally Falcon challenge. Ally was once like "holy crap you're like the best Sonic".

But then classes took over, and the next time I got to play Shado (who had spent more time playing Ally), he had leveled up so much that I was like, '****, how do i catch up now :-/'

What is your favorite Sonic game, both from old school and new school?

Definitely spent the most time playing S3 & K. Debug mode stole my life. Also, Sonic 3's debug code was probably the only reason I ever got past that stupid barrel thing on Carnival Night.

As for new-gen games, Unleashed.
I liked the werehog part if not only because I found out you can guard cancel your jabs, which made it hilarious to 'break'.

What's your favorite song in the Sonic series?

Not really sure. Green Grove zone (Sonic 3d blast) pops into my head pretty often, but it's definitely not my favorite. If there's anything that games have lost, it's that catchy, simple tunes that you can hum/whistle have become rare =/

If you had the option to change Brawl (and not through hacks) when the game was still under development, what changes would you make in Sonic and other characters? What characters would you add?

Eh, I won't say anything about char edits, but I always thought Knuckles would fit better in Brawl. But it's also more appropriate for Sonic to be in it.

Also, Lyn/Hector (Fire Emblem) would have been interesting. Axe FE Lord? wat.

Which Sonic cartoon series did you prefer?

The cool one with the freedom fighters. TV guide back then would always lead me to the silly one lol.

Have you enter any other tournaments before other than Brawl?

No. I am the definition of a Brawl noob.
I used to set myself as a lower barline - if I play better than you, something's wrong lol. ;/

Do you like take photos of buses?

No, not really. But ironically enough, I did this once on a middle school field trip, because our bus broke down.

What is your favorite Crush 40 song?

In middle school, I know I liked It Doesn't Matter. That's all I can say.

It Doesn't Matter, Believe in Myself, and Unknown from M.E., which version did you like more, Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2?

I had only rented SA1 so I'm biased towards SA2.

What is your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? How about top 3 least favorite characters?

Sonic/Knux/Shadow?

Scratch/Grounder/Shadow?

If you had to train a new Sonic player, what would be the first technique would you teach that person?

How to stop spinning.

In Brawl, what is your favorite stage?

SV, for neutrality.

In the Sonic series, what is your favorite stage?

Carnival Night Zone, Act 2 :093:

Which characters are your easiest match ups? How about hardest match ups?

No idea @ easiest.

Online, I am afraid of Peach.
Offline, I am afraid of Luigi.

Do you have any Sonic plushies?

No.

In your Sonic collection, what is your most prized Sonic item?

Probably a game. I'm not a collector.

What games do you like to play on your free time other than Brawl (and Sonic games)?

Eh, I definitely killed my last WABA tournament because I spent the previous month playing Fire Emblem lol. I also played GunZ for a bit. Thinking back, I spent some time last semester playing FF3 and Pokemon Platinum.

My female machamp is such a troll. 100% hitrate ability > Dynamic punch (dizzy) > Focus Punch

If you can be any Sonic character, who would it be and why?

Elyse. Then I can make out with S-

oh wait.

Espio. dat ninja.

Do you like waffles? (I can't believe I'm asking this question)

no not rly.

What animes/mangas are you into at the moment?

I don't watch anime series, unless they don't have a manga. I like seeing series in their original media. Also, while I am not a collector/convention type, I'm probably a closet otaku. Manga:

The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (unique)
FMA (it just ended )
Liar Game (game theory!)
Hohzuki Island (one of those dystopias)
Ikigami (one of those dystopias)
Zetman (one of those dystopiaBATMAN)
Berserk (LOL "at the moment", yeah right)
Wolf Guy
Gon (referred by a friend)
Naruto (even if it's sort of lost its 'ninja' ness)
Mahou Sensei Negima (I don't know who the characters are anymore)
HSDKenichi
AIKI
Change 123 (Disassociative Personality Disorder? k)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (I stopped somewhere halfway and need to finish this)
Onani Master Kurosawa (I ran into it one day and unexpectedly finished it. Nice message.)

anyway, I don't feel like trying to list every single one. I especially like the first 7 though <3

Did you raise the chao in Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure 2?

SA2. Ya. That drop glitch.

Do you like chili dogs?

With cheese.

Espy's questions:

1: Why Tenki? What's the name's significance?

Basically, in elementary-middle school, my friends and I were into making comics. Tenki was my character. Honestly, it was a mix from Genki (Monster Rancher) and Tenchi (..dat show). But I found out later on that it meant weather.

Which is cool too. Because it can be like, incredibly good or incredibly erratic.

Anyway, I try to take this name whenever I can. In MMO (though I don't play any anymore), other forums, etc.

I may use the name again if I ever get around to designing a certain game I want to make.

2: A genie gives you three wishes. No wishing for more wishes. What are your three?

Aw, got me on 'no wishing for more wishes'.

Actually, I might come back to this later.

3: What's your favorite non-Haunter Pokemon and why?

Scizor/Scyther. They both look really cool.

Though in-game, I really like my female machamp lol.

4: Your washed up on a large, abandoned island. What three women are you stranded with?

Noone famous, is all that I'll say lol.

5: If you could be anything in the world, what would you be? What would you do?

Probably some influential artist/gamedesigner/storywriter/instrumentalist. Change the world with art and subliminal messaging ;3

6: Didn't you discover canceling sideB and ASC? If so, what was your reaction?

Aha. Actually, CaliburChamp discovered the side-B Cancel. I did a forum check before I posted that thread. I only found the ASC cancel (then explored its properties a bit - multi hit and all that).

I was trying out some things I saw from either a dNES or BlueTerrorist video where he was moving around Battlefield with spindash. I thought something looked weird when I realized it was down-B instead of side-B and I accidentally held shield when I landed. Then I rolled off a platform and did it.

My reaction?
1- cool.
2- I bet someone found this already. What? Seriously? I found something lol.
3- Want to mess with this a little more. (finds 2x hit property)
4- I'm maining Sonic now.

7: Where did you disappear to? I haven't seen you in ages.

School. Last year was intensely school-based :/
Actually, I'm taking max hours in summer classes right now. but iz k. I will continue to lurktroll the forums until I find time/a steady person to play with offline and get back into the tourney scene.

8: If you can live anywhere you want, where would you go?

Prolly NY again. But I'm actually pretty easy to please so I'd be content wherever.
As for non US places, probably the Philippines or Japan. But I'd also need to learn the language.

9: You are given a superpower. What is it? You had to pay a price. What was it?

Invisibility. It was always my power of choice.
Just to be cheesy about it, I'd lose my vision in return.

10: What's the manliest thing you've ever seen in real life?

That's a tough question. The world and media is too filled with emo, insecure nonmanlymans.

I might get back to this later.

Kinzer's questions:

How is it being colorblind? Do you find it really inconvenient or do you get by just like anybody who would otherwise not be inflicted by this unfortunate thing?

I didn't know I was colorblind until middle school. I didn't see in grayscale, lol. It's inconvenient sometimes, like when I don't have access to a label when I need to color something (hex colors ftw!). Actually, I heard first hand from someone who had an art teacher who was colorblind. She said that he had this color theory saying things like orange was a brighter shade of red. Made sense to me ;>

Can you still drive or see streetlights? I'm sorry that seems like something inconsiderate to ask but I would assume it doesn't affect the brightness of lights... maybe?

Yes. Colors haven't ever been an issue while drivi-
oh except for red lights in sunny areas. but that could just have been an old light .
.lol

What got you into smash?

Smash Bros was a cool idea, man.
As for the competitive scene, I figured I'd look it up. See, I lent my Melee to a friend (we did a 'temporary' game swap, but I moved out of state), and had been waiting for the next Smash game to come out. All this was before the Melee scene became big, so I actually missed that whole thing.

Do you feel that you are very knowledgeable about Sonic? Do you feel you could teach anybody who practically knows nothing about the franchise and turn them into a "perfect" Sonic player?

Knowledgeable? Heck yeah.
But I'm not perfect. I can theorycraft, but like a coach, I can probably theorycraft better than being able to pull the stuff off right in gameplay.

Do you think there is anything left to investigate in Sonic?

There are quite a few situations and movesets that we haven't really explored too far. One of them is actually in your "we should look at things" thread. Also, very likely footstool shenanigans.

What do you see in a lot of Sonic players that you believe could be improved on, if anything?

Player patterns. It's honestly the biggest problem.

How's life?

Max credit hours possible over the summer, weekend job? watlife ;p

What do you feel Sonic needs to have in order to compete?

Sonic the character? Faster moves.
Sonic mains? Like, better reflexes and reading.

Do you think it's possible for somebody to play Sonic successfully and not know everything there is to this character and/or some general Brawl ATs like iSDR (Sonic-specific) and DACUS (Brawl-specific)?

Yeah.
AT's shouldn't be the focus of your gameplay with Sonic, but they're important tools to use to keep your options open.

What's your favorite movie?

Recently, Inglourious Basterds. I had to analyze it though, for an assignment. =/

What about your favorite soft-drink? Maybe another kind of drink like an alcoholic beverage (if you drink that kind of thing)?

I actually didn't like soft drinks for the longest time. Carbonated drinks hurt my throat- I can't see how people chug that stuff, so I usually got some kind of Tea (even fake soda Tea XD). If Vitamin Water counts as a soft-drink, I've been taking a liking to those. But uh, as for carbonated drinks, I like Dr. Pibb.

How 'bout dem Yankees?

METS. /queens kid

How do you feel about Sonic's future? In smash and the franchise?

He probably won't be in the next Smash.
As for the games, well, I want there to be more of the voiceless 2D games. I'm not anti-3D Sonic, but I think it's better for Sonic to have all bases covered. See, it turns out that there's actually a much larger group of people who would probably play and buy 2D platformers than 3D ones. You should check out vgchartz and compare Mario Galaxy with NSMBWii. It's insane.

How good are you at trolling? Do you find yourself trolling a lot or not at all?

Actually, I'm pretty terrible about it online. Not sure if you heard about the "Internet Disinhibition Effect" (look it up some time, it's cool/obvious), but it basically says that behind anonymity/virtual space, people tend to express sides of them that they normally don't (or can't).

I just can't pull off the "**** YOU GUYS GET AT ME" image (at least, for long). Even in MMO's =/

Offline, I am silent deadly troll.

How does one do the Sky-Dragon combo?

Anthinussssss

What do you believe is the best thing about your person?

I put others before myself? No really, I almost failed classes because I was like "OH MAN I HAVE AN A BUT YOU HAVE LIKE BORDERLINE, I'M GONNA HELP YOU WRITE YOUR FINAL ESSAY INSTEAD OF DOING MINE".
...XD

Do you think you have anything you need to improve on? Not just in smash, but maybe in life too.

Smash: Need more practice (vs people who can improve and help me improve), better reflexes, better choice of battles.
Life: Need to stop self-disqualification. Honestly, I've missed out on so many things just because I told myself I couldn't and/or wasn't ready yet.

You've been around the community for a while. How do you feel about it?

<3 u guize. Also, I want bluesteak to be active again lol

What about the community surrounding the Sonic franchise?

ugh. After being in the SEGA Sonic 4 forums for a while, it's... sometimes painful.

SoniKupo's questions:

1. How do you pronounce your name? tenk-ee or tenk-eye?

Use short vowels.
ten kii (ee?)

2. Is that a drawing of you in your avatar? Did you draw it?

Yes...ish. It's stylized a bit, but I did draw it.

3. What are the new upcoming Sonic games you looking forward the most?

Sonic 4. Sonic Colors sounds like it has some potential though.

4. Do you visit any other forums?

I once was active in allisbrawl, but that was when my wii had wifi.
Currently, Sonic 4 forums. Testing out some uh, game design and video game theory that I've either come up with or read about recently.

5. Does it irk you when people still ask what's the difference between downB and sideB?

[...Tenki didn't actually respond...]

6. Was it you that found out Sonic's True Perfect Combo?

Yeah.

7. What musical instruments do you play?

Recorder (lol), Flute, Piano...
I can sort of noobishly do any instrument you can give me, because I have an... I guess solid foundation in music.

8. Can you embed videos since you're a Discussion Leader now?

So I hear, but I haven't figured it out yet. Just copying the youtube embed doesn't work.

9. Still remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83R6iB7mVLI

YES. I link people to it all the time XD

10. Want some chocolate?

funny thing is, I love chocolate.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Let's see if I can think of some new questions...some may be questions I asked already

What was your first reaction when you heard the news that Sonic was going to be in Brawl when he was announced?

Did you have times that you just wanted to give up in Brawl because of a bad match or bad day?

If you had the option to change Brawl (and not through hacks) when the game was still under development, what changes would you make in Sonic and other characters? What characters would you add?

It Doesn't Matter, Believe in Myself, and Unknown from M.E., which version did you like more, Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2?

What is your top 3 favorite Sonic characters? How about top 3 least favorite characters?

If you had to train a new Sonic player, what would be the first technique would you teach that person?

What games do you like to play on your free time other than Brawl (and Sonic games)?

Do you like chili dogs?

That's all I can think of for right now. I'll edit this if I can think of some more questions

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Here's my questions for Tonki:

2: A genie gives you three wishes. No wishing for more wishes. What are your three?

4: Your washed up on a large, abandoned island. What three women are you stranded with?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lol... answering those will take like 30 mins haha
This.
Which is why i'm not going to ask anything for a while?
lol, GL on those Tenki, you've more coming:093:
*Starts a list on Microsoft Word*

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ohh godd whhyyyyy

ジョハン
Male
Georgia
Filipino
sonictailslink
Let's see if I can think of some new questions...some may be questions I asked already

I was literally being a reverse tier-*****. I went backwards up the supposed tierlist at the time (that, or I was just goin by impressions), to get a feel for every character and see if they were all as bad as people said.
Ganondorf --> Charizard --> Sonic --> Falcon --> ?

But then uh, some stuff happened and I took up Sonic <3

Oh cool.

I started out as Ike, but I have alot of fun with Falcon. Otherwise, probably PT.

I basically just listed out the only other characters I'd play lol.

Yeah sort of. I don't really get to play Brawl too much anymore so I can't really improve ;p

Back when everyone played wifi, I was lucky to have played during the time when all these Melee vets and Brawl up-and-comers played on AiB. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be as mediocre as I am today. Like, a long time ago, me and Shado played like, all the time / similarly/about equal and we played the Ally Falcon challenge. Ally was once like "holy crap you're like the best Sonic".

But then classes took over, and the next time I got to play Shado (who had spent more time playing Ally), he had leveled up so much that I was like, '****, how do i catch up now :-/'

Definitely spent the most time playing S3 & K. Debug mode stole my life. Also, Sonic 3's debug code was probably the only reason I ever got past that stupid barrel thing on Carnival Night.

As for new-gen games, Unleashed.
I liked the werehog part if not only because I found out you can guard cancel your jabs, which made it hilarious to 'break'.

Not really sure. Green Grove zone (Sonic 3d blast) pops into my head pretty often, but it's definitely not my favorite. If there's anything that games have lost, it's that catchy, simple tunes that you can hum/whistle have become rare =/

Eh, I won't say anything about char edits, but I always thought Knuckles would fit better in Brawl. But it's also more appropriate for Sonic to be in it.

Also, Lyn/Hector (Fire Emblem) would have been interesting. Axe FE Lord? wat.

The cool one with the freedom fighters. TV guide back then would always lead me to the silly one lol.

No. I am the definition of a Brawl noob.
I used to set myself as a lower barline - if I play better than you, something's wrong lol. ;/

No, not really. But ironically enough, I did this once on a middle school field trip, because our bus broke down.

In middle school, I know I liked It Doesn't Matter. That's all I can say.
I had only rented SA1 so I'm biased towards SA2.

Sonic/Knux/Shadow?

Scratch/Grounder/Shadow?

How to stop spinning.

SV, for neutrality.

Carnival Night Zone, Act 2 :093:

No idea @ easiest.

Online, I am afraid of Peach.
Offline, I am afraid of Luigi.

No.

Probably a game. I'm not a collector.

Eh, I definitely killed my last WABA tournament because I spent the previous month playing Fire Emblem lol. I also played GunZ for a bit. Thinking back, I spent some time last semester playing FF3 and Pokemon Platinum.

My female machamp is such a troll. 100% hitrate ability > Dynamic punch (dizzy) > Focus Punch

Elyse. Then I can make out with S-

oh wait.

Espio. dat ninja.
no not rly.

I don't watch anime series, unless they don't have a manga. I like seeing series in their original media. Also, while I am not a collector/convention type, I'm probably a closet otaku. Manga:

The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (unique)
FMA (it just ended :( )
Liar Game (game theory!)
Hohzuki Island (one of those dystopias)
Ikigami (one of those dystopias)
Zetman (one of those dystopiaBATMAN)
Berserk (LOL "at the moment", yeah right)
Wolf Guy
Gon (referred by a friend)
Naruto (even if it's sort of lost its 'ninja' ness)
Mahou Sensei Negima (I don't know who the characters are anymore)
HSDKenichi
AIKI
Change 123 (Disassociative Personality Disorder? k)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (I stopped somewhere halfway and need to finish this)
Onani Master Kurosawa (I ran into it one day and unexpectedly finished it. Nice message.)

anyway, I don't feel like trying to list every single one. I especially like the first 7 though <3

SA2. Ya. That drop glitch.

Do you like chili dogs?
With cheese.

That's all I can think of for right now. I'll edit this if I can think of some more questions
Espy
Here's my questions for Tonki:

Basically, in elementary-middle school, my friends and I were into making comics. Tenki was my character. Honestly, it was a mix from Genki (Monster Rancher) and Tenchi (..dat show). But I found out later on that it meant weather.

Which is cool too. Because it can be like, incredibly good or incredibly erratic.

Anyway, I try to take this name whenever I can. In MMO (though I don't play any anymore), other forums, etc.

I may use the name again if I ever get around to designing a certain game I want to make.

Aw, got me on 'no wishing for more wishes'.

Actually, I might come back to this later.

Scizor/Scyther. They both look really cool.

Though in-game, I really like my female machamp lol.

Noone famous, is all that I'll say lol.

Probably some influential artist/gamedesigner/storywriter/instrumentalist. Change the world with art and subliminal messaging ;3

Aha. Actually, CaliburChamp discovered the side-B Cancel. I did a forum check before I posted that thread. I only found the ASC cancel (then explored its properties a bit - multi hit and all that).

I was trying out some things I saw from either a dNES or BlueTerrorist video where he was moving around Battlefield with spindash. I thought something looked weird when I realized it was down-B instead of side-B and I accidentally had shield when I landed. Then I rolled off a platform and did it.

My reaction?
1- cool.
2- I bet someone found this already. What? Seriously? I found something lol.
3- Want to mess with this a little more. (finds 2x hit property)
4- I'm maining Sonic now.

School. Last year was intensely school-based :/
Actually, I'm taking max hours in summer classes right now. but iz k. I will continue to lurktroll the forums until I find time/a steady person to play with offline and get back into the tourney scene.

Prolly NY again. But I'm actually pretty easy to please so I'd be content wherever.
As for non US places, probably the Philippines or Japan. But I'd also need to learn the language.

Invisibility. It was always my power of choice.
Just to be cheesy about it, I'd lose my vision in return.

That's a tough question. The world and media is too filled with emo, insecure nonmanlymans.

I might get back to this later.
Kinzer
Tenki:

How is it being colorblind? Do you find it really inconvenient or do you get by just like anybody who would otherwise not be inflicted by this unfortunate thing?

I didn't know I was colorblind until middle school. I didn't see in grayscale, lol. It's inconvenient sometimes, like when I don't have access to a label when I need to color something (hex colors ftw!). Actually, I heard first hand from someone who had an art teacher who was colorblind. She said that he had this color theory saying things like orange was a brighter shade of red. Made sense to me ;>

Can you still drive or see streetlights? I'm sorry that seems like something inconsiderate to ask but I would assume it doesn't affect the brightness of lights... maybe?

Yes. Colors haven't ever been an issue while drivi-
oh except for red lights in sunny areas. but that could just have been an old light .
.lol

What got you into smash?

Smash Bros was a cool idea, man.
As for the competitive scene, I figured I'd look it up. See, I lent my Melee to a friend (we did a 'temporary' game swap, but I moved out of state), and had been waiting for the next Smash game to come out. All this was before the Melee scene became big, so I actually missed that whole thing.

Do you feel that you are very knowledgeable about Sonic? Do you feel you could teach anybody who practically knows nothing about the franchise and turn them into a "perfect" Sonic player?

Knowledgeable? Heck yeah.
But I'm not perfect. I can theorycraft, but like a coach, I can probably theorycraft better than being able to pull the stuff off right in gameplay.

There are quite a few situations and movesets that we haven't really explored too far. One of them is actually in your "we should look at things" thread. Also, very likely footstool shenanigans.

What do you see in a lot of Sonic players that you believe could be improved on, if anything?

Player patterns. It's honestly the biggest problem.

How's life?

Max credit hours possible over the summer, weekend job? watlife ;p

Sonic the character? Faster moves.
Sonic mains? Like, better reflexes and reading.

Do you think it's possible for somebody to play Sonic successfully and not know everything there is to this character and/or some general Brawl ATs like iSDR (Sonic-specific) and DACUS (Brawl-specific)?

Yeah.
AT's shouldn't be the focus of your gameplay with Sonic, but they're important tools to use to keep your options open.

Recently, Inglourious Basterds. I had to analyze it though, for an assignment. =/

What about your favorite soft-drink? Maybe another kind of drink like an alcoholic beverage (if you drink that kind of thing)?

I actually didn't like soft drinks for the longest time. Carbonated drinks hurt my throat- I can't see how people chug that stuff, so I usually got some kind of Tea (even fake soda Tea XD). If Vitamin Water counts as a soft-drink, I've been taking a liking to those. But uh, as for carbonated drinks, I like Dr. Pibb.

How 'bout dem Yankees?

METS. /queens kid

He probably won't be in the next Smash.
As for the games, well, I want there to be more of the voiceless 2D games. I'm not anti-3D Sonic, but I think it's better for Sonic to have all bases covered. See, it turns out that there's actually a much larger group of people who would probably play and buy 2D platformers than 3D ones. You should check out vgchartz and compare Mario Galaxy with NSMBWii. It's insane.

How good are you at trolling? Do you find yourself trolling a lot or not at all?

Actually, I'm pretty terrible about it online. Not sure if you heard about the "Internet Disinhibition Effect" (look it up some time, it's cool/obvious), but it basically says that behind anonymity/virtual space, people tend to express sides of them that they normally don't (or can't).

I just can't pull off the "**** YOU GUYS GET AT ME" image (at least, for long). Even in MMO's =/

Offline, I am silent deadly troll.

Anthinussssss

What do you believe if the best thing about your person?

I put others before myself? No really, I almost failed classes because I was like "OH MAN I HAVE AN A BUT YOU HAVE LIKE BORDERLINE, I'M GONNA HELP YOU WRITE YOUR FINAL ESSAY INSTEAD OF DOING MINE".
...XD

Do you think you have anything you need to improve on? Not just in smash, but maybe in life too.

Smash: Need more practice (vs people who can improve and help me improve), better reflexes, better choice of battles.
Life: Need to stop self-disqualification. Honestly, I've missed out on so many things just because I told myself I couldn't and/or wasn't ready yet.

<3 u guize. Also, I want bluesteak to be active again llol

ugh. After being in the SEGA Sonic 4 forums for a while, it's... sometimes painful.
SoniKupo

Use short vowels.
ten kii (ee?)

Yes...ish. It's stylized a bit, but I did draw it.

Sonic 4. Sonic Colors sounds like it has some potential though.

I once was active in allisbrawl, but that was when my wii had wifi.
Currently, Sonic 4 forums. Testing out some uh, game design and video game theory that I've either come up with or read about recently.

5. Does it irk you when people still ask what's the difference between downB and sideB?

Yeah.

Recorder (lol), Flute, Piano...
I can sort of noobishly do any instrument you can give me, because I have an... I guess solid foundation in music.

So I hear, but I haven't figured it out yet. Just copying the youtube embed doesn't work.

YES. I link people to it all the time XD

10. Want some chocolate?

funny thing is, I love chocolate.

filler text

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Aww Tenki, taking the easy way out on some questions.

Oh, and BlueTerrorist and dNES...
Tenki, we're old.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ugh, sorry it took me so long to respond, I'm still trying to recover from a fever. Anyway yes I'll put you in the queue, now just get people to vote for you and it's a done deal.

I really don't know when I'll get around to updating this thread. Certainly not next week when I'm going to be in the Dominican Republic, and I think I'll temporarily put a hold on this thread while I'm away. I can at least keep the voting process going, or I may keep it going anyway if I somehow manage to get internet while I'm down there.

Tenki:

What got you into smash?

How's life?

How 'bout dem Yankees?

What do you believe if the best thing about your person?

That's all for now. Sorry if I made any repeats, just feel free to not answer them, as well as any questions that were out of line.

Also if it isn't too much trouble could I get you to this out?

Name:
Residence:
Race:

If you could do that, I'd appreciate it a lot~.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Err, Infzy has been really busy/inactive. Would he be able to do something like this within a week? :confused:

infomon

Smash Scientist
aww! <3 you guyz

yeah I'm mad busy, and flying off to Africa soon!! for vacation..... (no bawrlin' there lol) (and no soccer either :psycho:)

I........ am the world's worst sonic, not sure there'd be much to interview me about :laugh:
but thanx!! <3

:054:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Errr-

I'm not sure how many of you actually know this, but I'll have to put a freeze to this thread.

Just for a week.

I'm going to be in the Dominican Republic for the next week after this post, and I doubt they will have internet down there. So I won't be able to maintain this thread for that long... not that I really did anymore than update the title because I'm far too lazy, but I would like to think I keep it moving somewhat.

In the meantime though, I can start the next voting process. And I believe a couple of you have/had some questions for Tenki but for whatever reason nobody after me posted anything like that. I'll let give Tenki another week. I really hope I didn't ask anything inappropriate and care him off right now. :<

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
@Sonic King: You're on the list :o

infzy should still get interviewed after vacation! I wonder if boxob would mind an interview too?

==========

<Questions for Tenki>

10. Want some chocolate?

Top Bottom