• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
me and bigr watched space jam the night before a tournament like 3 weeks ago

it was sick

D

Deleted member

i can only see falcon improving in the future once people start 0 to deathing more constantly

some people can already do this pretty consistently

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to POE3, but I'm awful. Been getting better recently though, maybe I'm only really really really really bad now.

Also: Scar updated the matchup guide. I think it's worth a look.

Magus420

Smash Master
how does one stop a ledgecamping puff?
I haven't tried any of these, but they seem like solid ideas to me.

"impossible to grab the edge because of ledgehop invincible f-air"

If your character has a difficult time doing it or you don't want to risk it, do you really even need to grab the edge if you have a decent ranged low hitting attack? It always seemed to me like Jiggs poofs up above edge height a bit from her DJ unless you interrupt it and grab the edge using sing everytime. I don't have experience against it myself and this could be a dumb question, but have you tried staying out of range of ledgehop invincible f-air anytime immediately following an edge grab, moving in a bit when they drop back from the edge, and then if they dropped low enough maybe look to d-tilt or something them out of the jump?

Kinda like that I guess. Stay out of range, then once you see them drop far enough below/away from the edge go in and maybe attack like those gifs, or sometimes just go in and put up your shield to see if they jump early and do something expecting you to attack their regrab that you can punish and if not then just roll back to safety.

"ledgehop on/off stage f-air camping only"

Ok then.

Jiggs is vulnerable for at least 12 frames before the f-air animation can end and is able to grab the edge. About 9-10 of those frames are while she's still above stage height. If you're using an attack that can hit below the stage a little then you may be able to hit for all 12.

In this example with CF you'd jump right when Jiggs grabs on. You have time to react to them committing to going far on stage with the f-air and then you come down with a b-air, and if you see they didn't then you DJ back to safety.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I still suck and I'm like... 4 years in this November.

Yeah. Don't quit if you suck... quit if you don't have fun playing the game.
Quit spending $$$ on the game if you aren't making $$$ from the game. Melee is awesome as **** though.

what's up to all mah *****s

Top Bottom