• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
dair oos would be better if they are high enough to be popped off the ground. After dairing at early percents, you might miss the l-cancel or they could get out of the hitstun before you can react again....

dair fade back on a jiggs in front of you? or you mean behind? haha

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I mean, im facing the jiggs. The jiggs is facing me and Crouching right in front of me. I am shielding.

Also, not doing things for fear or missing an L cancel is poor discipline. If thats what you need to do then just practice so you dont miss the L cancel.

I got rested out of a couple grabs, I think I should fade back dair oos or possibly dash away and pivot a dtilt.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I've been told by jiggs mains themselves to never try and shield grab jiggs. The best you can do out of a high level jiggs player out of a grab is.... almost nothing except the throw damage while the worst that can happen to you is you losing that stock from a rest.

Even trying to actively grab jiggs could result in a horrible death if he/she's ducking

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Aight I get that lol, so what CAN I do haha.

Does anybody know if fade back dair oos vs a crouching jiggz is a decent strategy. It just doesnt feel right to not be able to get anything out of that encounter when the lil puff ball is just sitting right there in front of me.

Jun.

Smash Lord
The jiggs will bait your SH aerial and attack during your lagtime. This vulnerable time in between any of our aerials is what every other character waits for and bait based jigglypuff will not miss its opportunity.

In the scenario which you described which is a jiggs crouching right in front of your shield, the right course of action seems to be.... to retreat. Nothing else makes much sense.

A wavedash OOS to a dtilt should work and be completely safe. You could substitute the dtilt with an ftilt trading frames for duration of attack (I think?). Sounds kinda ******** but I swear this matchup is a spacing keep away. Just try and beat up the puff with dtilts and ftilts which they can't do much about and try and kill them with a guaranteed fsmash or a much safer option being sideB to utilt. Puff dies pretty easily to even non-tipped utilts IMO

all stuff I hear from better marths than me

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Is a shielding or CC jiggs able to punish a spaced fsmash at tipper range b4 the cool down ends?

But as far as the other situation, I might just go with the dtilt. lol, I cant just accept nothing, im not lettin that lil ***** get away wit **** like that lol.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
True, but watching vids, I notice dair oos is the most missed l-cancel.

Anyways....fade back means retreating short hop right?

And you could try up-b if you're in the middle of battlefield. Does up-bing on dreamland and fountain also get you to the top platform? Greater knockback than dtilt might topple that jiggs over.
And you can test it out yourself! Experiment with all kinds of attacks. Place an empty controller to be jiggs and when you're in the match, take out the controller and hold up when you put it back in. When you replug it back in and let the stick return to normal, that jiggs should be crouching. have fun!

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
yea fade back is retreating
so I'm not crazy in questioning why you fade back on a crouching jiggs in front of you. haha. maybe if it was behind you....

anyways, I've seen a gif of jiggs bair hitbox. Looks very disjointed, is it the same length as marth's sword? or can marth still out-range that?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I mean, im facing the jiggs. The jiggs is facing me and Crouching right in front of me. I am shielding.

Also, not doing things for fear or missing an L cancel is poor discipline. If thats what you need to do then just practice so you dont miss the L cancel.

I got rested out of a couple grabs, I think I should fade back dair oos or possibly dash away and pivot a dtilt.
WD back or roll back. Puff is too slow to be able to follow rolls on reaction. Respace and start over.

Niko45

Smash Master
At what % can other characters no longer CC Marth's jab? Particularly talking about characters that can be tricky to kill (Sheik, Jiggs, Samus, Doc, Peach).

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
At what % can other characters no longer CC Marth's jab? Particularly talking about characters that can be tricky to kill (Sheik, Jiggs, Samus, Doc, Peach).
any specifications if it's tipper jab or not?
if no one knows, you know how to make an empty controller crouch a character in vs. right?

Tairseth

Smash Apprentice
Hello my fellow marths. I have a question that I summon **** people to answer. In the vs. falcon matchup is upthrow and downthrow to knee guaranteed at any percent (with proper DI) if it can be avoided with proper DI what DI should be applied and if it is guaranteed what percents is it at? Thankies :D

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Do a search or go to falcon boards. Falcon boards would probably know the exact percents it works on which characters. I know magus did a bunch of posts in scar's thread

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
at the "magic percents", it's pretty much inescapable

and by that, i mean, you can escape it with....
a) shy guys
b) if you're at the edge of a stage or platform and DI away so the Falcon doesn't have running space
c) hope that the Falcon player has horrible reactions and is thrown off when you switch up your DI (i.e. they mess up)
d) unplug their controller
e) throw off their rhythm by pausing the game, yelling at them, faking a heart attack, hitting them, or humping the screen
f) I have tested u-throw/d-throw knee, and ASSUMING i'm doing it right, it is NOT a training mode combo. However, even though it isn't a training mode combo, I think there's nothing you can do to escape it. I was trying to test different things like mashing out of hitstun and airdodging or mashing fair or something like that, but to no avail. By the way, would anyone happen to know the optimal (framewise) way to escape from Falcon's u-throw/d-throw knee if you had a few free frames to escape? Like, for example, what would be faster, mashing your cstick to fair them or mashing to escape tumble and then mashing L/R to airdodge?

magus magus420

Magus420

Smash Master
You can always tech to avoid d-throw knee (only a few light and floaty characters can't). DI mostly down&away, but a little towards away (inbetween the notches of the controller). Dunno about if you go offstage but if you DI like that you might be able to jump out or get a f-air off (may end up trading though) before he can reach you.

I don't know about u-throw. If you DI full away and a full jump knee goes above Marth if you don't try to jump out then it'd be a mixup between their SH/FJ knee and your jump/no jump like it is for Sheik on full away DI. If and when FJ knee can cover both options you probably can't avoid it then unless they mess up.

Jun.

Smash Lord
go on huge stages

fight on opposite sites

hope that your falco partner *****

have him laser incessantly

pray that you ****

lol

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Marth approaches, falco stays back and lasers while marth plays as a wall.

That is unless someone goes after falco. But falco should never lose so don't worry.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Marth approaches, falco stays back and lasers while marth plays as a wall.

That is unless someone goes after falco. But falco should never lose so don't worry.
that does make sense.....

wouldn't the lasers hit marth? Even if you try and time the lasers to go under its a risky and flawed approach to this team.

Dart!

Smash Master
if im going marth for doubles and im teaming with a falco........... got any advice?
the best idea is to have falco shoot lasers at you and as you approach the other team turn to the falco and counter his laser, hopefully it turns you around to attack the bad guys :laugh:

serious answer: depends really, if its humanoid characters like sheik ganon falcon you should definitely be the backup guy if its spacies marth has size advantage so falco should drop shines in while marth is getting his funky *** grab ***** on them.

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
lol nice advice it seems that niether marth or falco are good at being a wall but i gues marth is the better 1 but traditionally with this falco i team with he pillers the **** out of them and if they get out of the combo i just hit em with my sword back in his pillering crud lol im either going shiek or marth for this i might wanna team with a peach ill see what happens

Dart!

Smash Master
its all about getting that grab...but of ****ing course marth doesnt have a single reliable kill move so the matchup is ******** when she gets over 150 percent

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
what's the best way to **** sheik when she jumps
Uair or U-tilt. Depends on positioning and percent.

When you hit her above you, keep her there until she dies or hits some stupid percent. Fair is okay AFTER Uairs or U-tilts, because then you can transition and try to push her offstage to kill. This generally should not be attempted unless you've snatched her jump, or if it's been made clear that she will not jump, or if you're confident you can get back down and cover her post-jump efforts immediately.

Start with Uairs and stuff. They're good.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
if im going marth for doubles and im teaming with a falco........... got any advice?
I'd say have Falco be the aggressor, and Marth be the gaysor. What I mean is, Falco has the shine and **** combos while Marth....he can gay opponents extremely well thanks to that sword >_< I'd personally try to fade away and not appear like a threat to the opponents so they deem Falco the target to kill...then like I said, gay them. Probably would be pretty crucial for you both to help each other with recovering back to the stage as well. For example, Falco spacing lasers low enough to hit you when an opponent is holding the ledge so you get your upB back, and you doing sideb, drop off uair, drop off and then double jump uair, etc to save Falco in case he's not able to make it back due to his rather subpar recovery.

Then again, I don't play Marth much and I've never teamed with a Falco so this is all just theory from me =P.

Dart!

Smash Master
I'd say have Falco be the aggressor, and Marth be the gaysor. What I mean is, Falco has the shine and **** combos while Marth....he can gay opponents extremely well thanks to that sword >_< I'd personally try to fade away and not appear like a threat to the opponents so they deem Falco the target to kill...then like I said, gay them. Probably would be pretty crucial for you both to help each other with recovering back to the stage as well. For example, Falco spacing lasers low enough to hit you when an opponent is holding the ledge so you get your upB back, and you doing sideb, drop off uair, drop off and then double jump uair, etc to save Falco in case he's not able to make it back due to his rather subpar recovery.

Then again, I don't play Marth much and I've never teamed with a Falco so this is all just theory from me =P.
Doesn't work too well against fast char teams. Falco is not as good at 2v1 like fox is so marth can't really fade out too much without falco getting buttrapped.

Top Bottom