• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
So, been trying to make my falcon not suck lately and got my hands on some recording equipment, so I figured I'd post a few videos here for some critique. There are a bunch of other videos of me playing the same guy on my channel if, for whatever reason, anyone wants to watch more, but I just picked out a few that I felt I was playing fairly well in. Any comments/criticism about my play is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JlGXE4Woy0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LWYqs9PcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF9uKguNbuI

Also, what can you do when sheik is just sitting there at full f-tilt range, poking your shield with it? Roll away? Or do I just need to be faster with the n-air out of shield? :confused:

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
a couple things:

when youre playing against sheik just try to juke her out and grab her between tilts.and at higher percentages (like 75 and above) grabs on her are more important because then you can just get an easy knee

also when youre tech chasing or you know theyre gonna get-up attack just stomp it.the ultimate goal is to pop them up in the air so you can set up for the knee or whatever you wanna kill them with

you played some good games though.nice job.post ones where you lose though.its easier to critique lol

Denthorn

Smash Cadet
a couple things:

when youre playing against sheik just try to juke her out and grab her between tilts.and at higher percentages (like 75 and above) grabs on her are more important because then you can just get an easy knee

also when youre tech chasing or you know theyre gonna get-up attack just stomp it.the ultimate goal is to pop them up in the air so you can set up for the knee or whatever you wanna kill them with

you played some good games though.nice job.post ones where you lose though.its easier to critique lol
I'll try just dash dance grabbing more, guess it does make more sense than trying to sneak in n-airs between f-tilts (which almost never seems to work... at least when I do it :laugh:). I think the second thing is more a lack of my foresight in tech chasing lol, but sound all the same. I do love stomping me some sheiks. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it next time I play him.

As for his lack of grabs, he's still learning the game and I've been bugging him to grab more for awhile now. Last time I played him he was grabbing much, much more often and he's also started tech chasing out of them. Good for him, bad for me I guess. :psycho:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
5 days until the upset of a century.

(I know I'm setting myself up for epic fail, but oh well)

voorhese

Smash Master
k ive been wondering this for awhile, so far im pretty sure Roneblaster = Reneblade...but i dont remember seeing anything about a switch, but they post alike and the names sort of resemble eachother

also i havent seen reneblade post in 1207639128631928361238761398176389 years

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
i've been wondering this for a while, and after Ryzol's thread about minor mistakes i thought about it again. is the only action Falcon can do to get out of shield pressure from Fox/Falco to roll or get hit, or can we upB OOS? sorry if this has been asked before, but i wanted to get some feedback from experienced Falcon players, as I haven't had the chance to play any competitive-level smashers.

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
thanks for the quick response. o.o i'll keep the aerial oos option in mind when i'm getting pressured. ^-^

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Yeah if the falco player is doing aerial -> shine -> delayed aerial as to not get shieldgrabbed after the second aerial, you can sh oos after the shine hits and stomp and that might hit. It's pretty risky as uptilt beats it, but the reward is high.

WD/roll oos should be your default options vs space animal shield pressure though. Shieldgrab if they mess up, aerial oos if they get too predictable.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
all possible actions while shielding (if i remember correctly):
upB OOS
wavedash OOS
roll
upsmash OOS
jump OOS
spotdodge
release shield
shield grab
don't remember if you can technically do a jumpcancelled uptilt, but it's not very viable and i've never seen it

i don't think upB OOS really works on falco/fox shield pressure unless you do it right after they utilt. otherwise if they're l cancelling properly the shine or dair should hit you before your upB comes out.

best course of action: pray they miss an l cancel so you can grab

edit: out of that list of possible things you can do, i should point out that very few of them are useful. probably stick with sh OOS, roll, wd OOS, unless they miss an l cancel in which case grab.

Top Bottom