• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Neherazade used a revive on SWF-dex!
SWF-dex recovered *insert number here* activity-points!

Come on guys! We won't let a little "Summer Break" delay our hypothetical pokedex!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Heh heh, indeed. Wasn't much need to bump it if it was still visible on the page, imo.

Maybe I should submit another well thought-out Pokemon, so we can start filling up the first fifty or so of our Tohoko region dex. I'll try tomorrow.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think it'd be fun to see if anything we came up with will appear in some form in Isshu/the 5th Gen. :) I'm still waiting for goat, hummingbird, and bamboo Pokemon.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You mean like for Black / White right? IC3R made Hummingbird Pokemon a while back and I think some goat-esque Pokemon were also created.
Yep. Sir Bedevere pointed out some similarities between Isshu and Tohoko; I wanna see Game Freak's perspective on any ideas we might have had.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't think any of us came up with 3v3 battles...

Anklydon
Type: Steel / Fire
Ability: Solid Rock
Base Stats: 118 / 90 / 120 / 90 / 112 / 68

Offensive Movepool includes - Flamethrower, Earth Power, Flash Cannon, Metal Claw, Iron Tail, Rapid Spin, Crunch, Overheat, Rockslide, Fire Fang, Dragon Rush
Support Movepool includes - Metal Burst, Iron Defense, Will-o-Wisp, Stealth Rock

Generic dinosaur-esque Pokemon is generic.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I was exactly right before you even added in the stats.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Base 68 Speed? I dunno. Don't think it would be as solid.
yup yup. not as fast, and more importantly, it doesn't have the power. no reason to scarf it if it can't dish out any damage.

plus with it's bulk (above average if I'm right?) there be no reason to need speed. as long as it can survive a hit.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Okay, so I love this thread and I'm not going to let it die so I've drawn another Pokémon :p I want there to be more activity in this thread, so I'd appreciate help with the name, stats, and movepool.

Water/Dark

The orb on its head absorbs light, leaving the water around this pokémon seeming deep and endless.

This Pokémon's tail is made up of mysterious vapors that trail for several meters behind.

My idea was basically an elusive deep sea pokemon. It disappears as it swims and is generally just cool :p I guess it's similar to Lanturn, but I think maybe this could be a cousin evolution to it? I know before we were talking about pokemon that evolve from hate instead of happiness; maybe this pokemon could be an example of that.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Anglor

Much like how Lanturn is to lanternm Anglor is to angler. The "lor" ending can attribute to Lord, which is a dark-esque type of character.

90 / 100 / 75 / 110 / 90 / 115

More like an offensive version of Lanturn because it's based off of hatred. Solid Speed stat to work with alongside good mixed sweeper attack stats.

What did you have in mind for its ability?

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
this is also based off an angler fish, amiright?

I expect either roughskin (ew) or illuminate.
For competitive use, swiftswim makes the most sense. but he could also use dry skin?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A Water-type which takes Fire-type attacks supereffectively would be a twist, indeed.

I say give it two abilities like Lanturn. Lanturn's useless ability is Illuminate so I don't see why we can't give it to Anglor. Dry Skin would be kinda suitable for it.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I don't think dry skin or illuminate would really work. I guess I could change it, but I was thinking (and wrote it in the pokedex entry) that the light on Anglor's head absorbs light, instead of emitting it. Dry skin would actually be a cool ability for a water pokémon, but I'm not sure if it fits here. I was thinking that Scrappy would be a good ability for it, and maybe Water Veil.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It's a bit of a stretch, but how about Volt Absorb (absorbing light/electricity)? It also still relates to Lanturn.

Anyone got some ideas for something to base a Pokemon on? I feel like sketching something up.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
oh that changes EVERYTHING. i missed the image/concept post and only saw the stats/name.

will rethink NOW.

EDIT: hmmmm...

one "new" ability that comes to mind is Mysterious: for every move the opponent misses with, this pokemon's evasion is raised by one stage.

trying to brainstorm other abilities, and ways they could be used.
might submit some more concepts, though no art from me. i'd be terribad.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Volt absorb could work, especially if I changed one of the pokedex entries to something like

The orb on Anglor's head absorbs all forms of energy, leaving the water around it dark and lifeless.

That might sound a little too scary lol. I also have another idea for a pokémon, so if I find time later I'll draw it :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
I still think scrappy or water veil would be good for Anglor. Just because it is similar to Lanturn doesn't mean it has to have a bad ability :p

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If you're going for a carbon copy of the Anglerfish, definitely Oblivious. Dry Skin is meh, just an inferior Water Absorb. Volt Absorb makes it a bit too similar to Lanturn. Rough Skin, Swift Swim, Intimidate, Insomnia, (Water) Pressure, Hydration...

Water Veil sucks

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I was close enough on my Warhawk Pokemon, since we got a bird Pokemon whose name derives from war and eagle. Except the typing of Wooguru is lame.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I originally had this idea for SmashCAP2, but im never very confident in my ideas so I didn't write it up. Also, I'm horrible at thinking of names, so suggestions would be awesome.

Necrophyte(I want to name it this, but a necrophyte is an actual thing so idk if that would work. Pixiphyte seems a little more pokemon-like i guess lol)
Type: Ghost / Grass
Ability: Living Shield* / Power Drain**
Base Stats: 110 / 60 / 70 / 70 / 95/ 70

*Living Shield- This ability makes it so that reflect and light screen automatically stay up 7(maybe 8) turns instead of 5. Name suggestions appreciated as always.

**Power Drain- This is the ability that I mentioned before. Moves such as giga drain heal the users HP more than they already do. Maybe 25-30% more?

Height: 3'9"
Weight: 48 lbs.

Necrophyte is a pixie like creature that has a very small body. Its huge arms (I kind of imagine them like the white part of gardevoir) take in the energy of dieing plants from all around, and use the energy to create force fields. I've tried to draw it, but im not too good at concept drawing. The body would be like a smaller version of mime jr. + celebi...maybe :p

PokeDex 1 - Necrophyte are often found hiding inside fallen trees. Their force fields make them very hard to catch.
PokeDex 2 - Even though they may appear selfish, Necrophyte have been known to use their force fields to protect other pokemon.

Offensive movepool - Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, giga drain, psychic. Idk what else to add.

Support movepool - Reflect, Light Screen, Barrier,Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Toxic, moonlight, WOW, leech seed, pain split, ingrain, worry Seed

I know there are already a lot of grass pokemon, so I don't know if this pokemon will be of any use. I just wanted to try to help :) Sorry about not having good ideas for names!
I think I've gotten a bit better at drawing, so I took a shot at drawing Necrophtye, the pokemon that I wrote up a while ago. Here's my first try.

Opinions? Suggestions? I have trouble making my drawings look pokémon-y. When I first thought it up, I imagined the body being a lot smaller than how I drew it (or the arms being bigger).

Edit: I might try to make the body and head smaller. The eyes and head shape make it look like an alien i think.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Interesting sketch, Moozle! Its body reminds me of a bagworm (I've been seeing a lot of those recently, you know, the thing Pineco and Burmy are based on?). I think the body could be a bit bigger (or the arms smaller). Good start, though!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm going to base this Pokemon off of a Stegosaurus. No name is generic. Imagine a plated Stegosaurus with dark brown coloring. Each "spike" has a purple tint to it and a small carving. The tail is tattered with purple splotches.

Stegglord
Type: Ground / Poison
Ability: Mold Breaker / Poison Point
Base Stats: 95 / 115 / 110 / 105 / 100 / 70

Offensive movepool: Stone Edge, Spike Cannon, Crunch, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Rockslide, Rock Blast, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Iron Tail, Poison Tail, Outrage, Earth Power, Aerial Ace

Support movepool: Toxic, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Gastro Acid, Roar, Slack Off, Substitute

Offensive
Stegglord @ Life Orb
Mold Breaker / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Poison Jab
~ Stone Edge
~ Slack Off

Mixed Slow Sweeper
Stegglord @ Life Orb
Mold Breaker / Naive
252 Atk / 252 Sp Atk / 4 Spd
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Poison Jab / Stone Edge
~ Slack Off / Substitute

Entry Hazards
Stegglord @ Leftovers
Mold Breaker / Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes / Toxic Spikes
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Roar

Rock Polish
Stegglord @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Mold Breaker / Jolly
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
~ Rock Polish
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Fire Blast
~ Poison Jab / Slack Off

Defensive
Stegglord @ Leftovers
Mold Breaker / Impish
252 HP / 4 Atk / 200 Def / 52 Sp Def
~ Slack Off
~ Toxic
~ Substitute
~ Earthquake

Moozle

Smash Champion
I like it Tery. You always give pokémon really good stats :p I might try to draw it later. Is the carving different for each spike?

I want to work on a line of normal type pokémon that are actually good. This will be a big challenge, since normal types typically have really simple, but unique designs. After this, I think I'll start to work on some lower end pokes. They can't all be 550+ BST you know!

flyinfilipino I miss your sketches. You're really great at creating new pokémon.

Edit: Also, I don't know if you are going to read this JOE!, but would you mind putting the post with everything we've done so far in the OP? It would be very nice if that was easily accessible. Thanks :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
Did you forget Gunk Shot or did you have a reason for leaving it out?

Hmm... thinking of good names...my downfall. This is probably really dumb, but maybe rictaurus? Richter scale + saurus. I'll see if I can think of anything better :embarrass These normal types are currently kicking my ***.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
wow. when I read richter scale, my brain thought of geiger counter and I thought "what does radiation have to do with a dinosaur!?!"

but now, I think I want to make a radiation pokemon. wish me luck?
trouble thinking of abilities, though I;m pretty solid the typing will be something like poison/elec.

what do y'all think?

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
volt absorb sounds good.

I'm thinking about a new ability like "Deaths' Grasp."

________ infects his opponent, causing them to faint 5 turns later. this can be cancelled by switching, but the new target will also be infected (new infection, so will not kill for another 5 turns).

The ability wouldn't be INTENDED to kill. rather, it forces switches, preventing complete baton-pass ****.

I think I'll make this pokemon have a split evo. an offensive variety and a tanking variety. the tank version would have this ability while the offensive might have shield dust/volt absorb.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's kinda of ridiculous. Putting that Pokemon on stall teams pretty much wins the game because Pokemon have to continuous switch. Mean Look must be illegal on this Pokemon, as would be Wrap, Bind, Whirlpool, or Fire Spin.

Top Bottom