• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Shield SDI should be able to do it. Next time I play with someone I'm gonna practice.

D

Deleted member

if you forward-b an ic that has their back turned to you you will eat 2 b-airs unless they suck

PEEF!

Smash Hero
if you forward-b an ic that has their back turned to you you will eat 2 b-airs unless they suck
Very true story. If we could only shieldgrab it from the front with SDI it would be another 2 years of free shieldgrabs before everyone understood not to do it anymore.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Considering the distance between him and your grab hitbox is a tiny fraction of your shield, it's very likely that you can grab him after shield sdi. But don't expect "free shieldgrabs" because unless the falcon is spamming it from a mile away (in which case you might as well just avoid it and punish), it's difficult to react to and shield sdi a single-hit move.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
According to the last 2 posts...

80% (a fairly large portion) of S2J has an 80% change of going to Apex.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dont ice climbers have enough time to wd out of shield and grab you, regardless of what direction theyre facing?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
dont ice climbers have enough time to wd out of shield and grab you, regardless of what direction theyre facing?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
hmmm

Lag from hitting (ground): 25
Shield hitstun: 10
Shield hitlag: 5

looks like a 20 frame disadvantage, which should let ICs wd oos and grab if they were frame perfect, although jab would be a little more realistic. Immediate f-air oos should also work. If falcon actually has 10 frames of hitlag (because he hits both shields) then it would be easier. idk how I missed this before.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Doesn't hitlag apply to both players, so it doesn't contribute to frame advantage or disadvantage? That would make it 15 frames, which shouldn't be enough. I know as Luigi I've never even felt close to being able to WD out -> grab a raptor boost. Stuff like aerial OOS immediately like you said should work though.

I don't know how the double hitlag works for ICs but I don't think it works in their favor.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Shield hitlag has always confused me a little, but I think the number for hitstun accounts for hitlag as well (otherwise a lot of moves have a crazy amount of shieldstun). Unrelated question: can you land/l-cancel during the hitlag of an aerial?

I think double hitlag would work for them. If he hits two shields, both ICs would receive 10 frames of shield stun but Falcon would have 10 frames of hitlag (if it works this way).

Magus420

Smash Master
I really don't like it that "Shield Stun" is often used to describe what's actually shield stun + shield hitlag. Considering the hitlag is already listed separately anyway it's redundant and does nothing but confuse people. Raptor boost does 7 dmg iirc. 5 stun sounds right. 10 stun is stuff that does around 20 dmg.

Ganon's side-b is -12 on block and has 9 stun. If 5 is correct and CF's side-b has the same lag, which I'm pretty sure it does, it'd be -16 if it hits both shields at the same time. At worst it'd be -21 if Nana doesn't come into range until after the full amount of hitlag on Popo's shield.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
SDM said:
When he hits: 4-8
Lag from hitting (ground): 25
So it hits on frames 4-8 of the 25 frames? Oh well, you can still frame perfect wd oos jab. :(

If you lightshield with Nana and fullshield with Popo to stagger your shields, could you extend it to 21 frames, or would it not matter because Popo is being hit after Nana?

Magus420

Smash Master
I know Ganon's is 25 total and hits on 4-8 (21 lag). WD jab should be shieldable unless it hits Nana after Popo. If done perfectly it'd hit on 17 (3+10+4) so the shield would come out at the same time. It can get them before they can roll or jump though, and so could a WD grab technically but that'd need to be perfectly timed which is pretty unlikely to work if competing against a buffered roll.

Nah, Nana's shield getting hit before Popo's wouldn't help. If anything that could be worse if it hits on a later part of the attack since there'd be less cooldown for CF as far as Popo is concerned.

D

Deleted member

im now 80 % sure im not gunna go 80%

summer school conflicts :(:(

probably gunna go to rom 3 instead

Scar

#HarveyDent
s2j g-reg???

i wanna play

rom3?? maybe??

rofl i used to make fun of alulululu
RoM host: Scar
RoM2 host: Mogwai

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i definitely just came back from upstate

and i told some girl about my legacy as PC Jona

and she fell in love with me

lol then i told her

i dont like you, get *****

and her little sister was like

why would you say that

i was like no no no little child

its not like getting *****

its like

i just spanked your toosh

get worked

i kicked your butt

you suck

lol

yea it was fun

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah but i only get a certain number of hours that i can request off per year and i work ten hour days so requesting a day off will take a huge chunk out of those hours which means i will only be able to go oos once or twice per year :(

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
request off work 2 months in advance chris, no johns.

cool story jona, did you put it in the older sister anyway?
lol no

i miss her tho...she was cute

shes from somewhere in NJ

so ill never see her again lol

and i definitely have a girlfriend of almost 3 years lololololol

yeah but i only get a certain number of hours that i can request off per year and i work ten hour days so requesting a day off will take a huge chunk out of those hours which means i will only be able to go oos once or twice per year :(
quit the job?

Top Bottom