• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
More Venue information!!!:

FLYING IN????

Extra airport convenience:

On top of the things I've announced so far about the venue, there is more. This is especially great for those flying in. On top of the free shuttle to the airport the hotel has it's own screens like the airports have for flights. It shows all incoming/outgoing flights for the day, whether they are on time, etc. On top of that there are places to print out your boarding passes and such AT the hotel so you don't have to do it at the airport and spend tons of time there. So if you're debating flying and driving, I say FLY!!! I'm going to look to set a discount up soon :)

FOOOOD!!!! Screw horrible venue food and subway all day

If you guys haven't noticed yet, I am slightly gay for this venue. On top of there being 2-3 restaurants/bars IN THE VENUE (probably expensive) here is the food that is within WALKING DISTANCE (less than a mile) from the venue and the distances/phone numbers of those places :)

McDonald's
2620 Jefferson Davis Hwy , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 683-2107
0.04 miles away

Kabab Palace Inc
2515 S Eads St , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 486-3535
0.08 miles away

Century Cafe The
2341 Jefferson Davis Hwy , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 418-2888
0.28 miles away

Via Cucina
2345 Crystal Dr Bldg 4 , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 418-1001
0.29 miles away

Crystal City Sports Pub
529 23rd St S , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 521-8215
0.33 miles away

Chipotle Mexican Grill 106
2231 Crystal Dr , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 920-8779
0.38 miles away

Ruths Chirst Steakhouse
2231 Crystal Dr , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 979-7275
0.4 miles away

Sbarro
1688 Crystal Square Arc , Arlington, VA
Phone - (703) 413-8721
0.77 miles away

There's lots of other stuff around to eat... I know I saw a Chili's and a few other places down there when I went down last but this is all I could find online easily.

Some more updates::

I went to the venue today. It is incredible...to say the least.

It is so huge and they set it all up the night before and tear it down for me.... !

The rooms are awesome as well. They have a huge LCD TVs (doesnt matter since venue is open 24/7). The venue has wireless internet as well as the rest of the hotel for free, as long as wired internet at the venue for streaming. The rooms start on the 5th floor (first 4 floors are like restaurants, the convention center, etc) so we wont have to worry about being too loud. The venue we can basically be as loud as we want.

There is a restaurant on the roof of the hotel that is open at night and it overlooks the Reagan airport, it's a crazy view!

The venue has a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from the airport (IAD) to the venue (5 minute shuttle trip) everyday from 5 AM - Midnight.

The venue has a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from Crystal City Metro Station to the hotel, as well. These run from 9 AM - Midnight. This means entire access to DC whenever you want...

This is the same convention center that hosted Katsucon a few years ago, so it's funny they are on the same weekend this year.

Lastly, I got the venue to agree to extend the hotel deal for 2 days before the tournament and 2 days after the tournament, for anyone who wants to stay a few days after or come in a few days early....

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
A venue that's 10 mins from my home. I see a problem though. The friday that the tournament starts on is a holiday right? Otherwise I don't see a lot of no names coming unless the tournament starts late at night.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
A venue that's 10 mins from my home. I see a problem though. The friday that the tournament starts on is a holiday right? Otherwise I don't see a lot of no names coming unless the tournament starts late at night.
I don't think the tournament actually starts on the friday, just the venue is open then, so people can show up and play before hand.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The tournament might actually end up being on Saturday Sunday and Monday, since Friday is indeed a Holiday.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Jon I think it would be best to leave it on friday. AIM me/Facebook me if you have questions. This way people have a day to get home and people like me/you and give them rides and such.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
We will see, but it may be out of my hands.

sage ya sorry ive been busy, haha

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
im glad this is february now

reason why is cuz mlg has been running events every 2 months. the national is bound to be january 2011 but no specific date is out. it wouldve been gay if mlg ruined ANOTHER one of planks tourneys but now theres nothing to worry about

HYPE

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
okay guys, LOZR, myself and cory are bringing a Breathalyzer to this. You have to be over the legal drinking limit to drunk money match NC.

babehhh.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if TP Circuit has 2k pot, prob not gonna go to this, unless it gets super huge.
which it will. a 2k pot is not big, that means with a $15 entry fee its only 133 entrants haha.

ksizl: MLG is the week before i was gonna do this in january, that contributes to why i moved it. also, MLG didnt ruin my last tournament, because i would never hold one on the same day as them. that whole situation was horrible and i got to make no choices, rather than having my name drug into something ****ty

this is all me, with unlimited time and money (i left my job to prepare), so itll be great :-D

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
which it will. a 2k pot is not big, that means with a $15 entry fee its only 133 entrants haha.

ksizl: MLG is the week before i was gonna do this in january, that contributes to why i moved it. also, MLG didnt ruin my last tournament, because i would never hold one on the same day as them. that whole situation was horrible and i got to make no choices, rather than having my name drug into something ****ty

this is all me, with unlimited time and money (i left my job to prepare), so itll be great :-D
true I guess, hotel is just expensive as hell and only 4 ppl which breaks the fun =( oh well.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
updates tomorrow!!!

the amount of hype bombs im gonna drop after apex are gonna be insane. ONE EVENT AT A TIME THO FOLKS

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom