• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Regardless, its just funny how you all just assume someone from utah is morman just cuz we have more than other places

Moozle

Smash Champion
It kinda sucks that Zelda and Sheik are paired up together in this. I know they have to be since a huuuuge amount of players use both, but it would still be nice to see how each of them does on their own to compare to the tier list. The Triforce tier is a lie :mad:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Surprised Ness fell after Shaky did well at MLG. Oh well. Tis just a list.
Top 8 or bust.

I'm sad DK is struggling a bit right now. Probably because less and less people are playing him.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I predict Peach to move up 2-3 spots in the next update.

Too much good reputation yo.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Aw yeah yoshi moved up one, looks like the yoshi's are steppin it up... ALL 10 OF US!!!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
snake got up to half of mks points?
Not quite. Snake is about 0.453 of Meta Knight's points. However, it's annoying, but Diddy is 0.475 of Snake's points. I don't especially like the idea of two singleton tiers, so I figured I'd just put both Snake and Meta Knight in the S tier, which I had labeled as "Uber" in the first place. Seems fitting for two characters that literally have no other characters with comparable results.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Top 8 or bust.

I'm sad DK is struggling a bit right now. Probably because less and less people are playing him.
I thought he made top eight, never mind then.

I like DK, but he isn't particularly flashy, and unless you absolutely love the ape, most people probably won't be drawn to play as him, since at the surface, it's just a primate punching people. A lack of projectiles makes him unappealing too to a lot of people I'd imagine.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
I thought he made top eight, never mind then.

I like DK, but he isn't particularly flashy, and unless you absolutely love the ape, most people probably won't be drawn to play as him, since at the surface, it's just a primate punching people. A lack of projectiles makes him unappealing too to a lot of people I'd imagine.
idk he gets combo'd like a mofo. but he can kill early. but mk/d3 easy to pick up chars. can take him easy.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
idk he gets combo'd like a mofo. but he can kill early. but mk/d3 easy to pick up chars. can take him easy.
Yeah, he's a big target & not too fast. Well yeah, that's why those characters are in higher tiers than him lol.

11th is still really impressive. Tis a shame this system doesn't acknowledge ranks 9-16 in a tournament with like 250 people. But it keeps it balanced and easier, and top 8 is a good judgment of skill for sure.

link2702

Smash Champion
Aw yeah yoshi moved up one, looks like the yoshi's are steppin it up... ALL 10 OF US!!!
yoshi mains are a rare breed indeed, very rare, however, it pales in comparison to the rarity of pit mains....there are like...

2 of them left? MAAAAAYBE 2, that actually rep him in tournaments, no one wants to use pit because "*hiss* always the pit mains *hiss*" "pit mains are evil *hiss* "

no one wants to be affiliated with that, most folks avoid even attempting to try pit out cuz they're afraid they might get "cursed with the pit plague"

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
yoshi mains are a rare breed indeed, very rare, however, it pales in comparison to the rarity of pit mains....there are like...

2 of them left? MAAAAAYBE 2, that actually rep him in tournaments, no one wants to use pit because "*hiss* always the pit mains *hiss*" "pit mains are evil *hiss* "

no one wants to be affiliated with that, most folks avoid even attempting to try pit out cuz they're afraid they might get "cursed with the pit plague"
Utah has 2 pit mains!!! Just neither are really that active atm >.>

link2702

Smash Champion
maybe so, but there aren't many at all that seriously try to push him to his full potential, and hell, most of em are still lost in thinking that arrow looping is a "useful" tactic, and that camping and spamming with him is "wrong" and that they should "instead approach and be aggresive and fancy with arrow trix" and then they get butchered constantly. till the majority of pit mains seriuosly realise what works, and quit relying on gimmicks, he's not going anywhere.

also it doens't help that alot of pit mains are all practicly wifi only players, and only a handful are tourny goers(i'm pretty much to blame as well on this, but hell, the smash scene in my state is so far away from where i live, aand its hard for me to actually make it to the tournies anyway due to work and just recently, transportation issues... that wifi is all i got, hell that is the only reason i still continue to play the broken boring campy game, if melee had online, or if i could actually make it to the melee tournies in my state on a monthly basis, i'd drop brawl in a heartbeat.)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
We have a way good pit main, and he is campy as ****, the other is decent but he isnt too gimmicky

link2702

Smash Champion
We have a way good pit main, and he is campy as ****, the other is decent but he isnt too gimmicky
and again....thats the problem with the pit main community, alll to many gimmicks to try and be fancy, and not enough camping and using what honestly works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom