• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
^^^
Your Peach has really good spacing and a great edgeguarding game. Yeah, but your too aggressive, and you play unsafe @ times. The matchup is not that hard IMO, all you have to do is watch for the Zair spacing and you should be fine. Great Peach though

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^^^
Your Peach has really good spacing and a great edgeguarding game. Yeah, but your too aggressive, and you play unsafe @ times. The matchup is not that hard IMO, all you have to do is watch for the Zair spacing and you should be fine. Great Peach though
Lol play Xyro then come back to me homie, but thanks for the compliments!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Your Peach kind of inspired me Illmatic. I think I'll work on her more. I play green Peach too, and your spacing/ledge game is something I haven't seen before. It's more like the Brawl version of her Melee edgeguarding. The only exception is that ledgeguarding vs Denti on Delphino.

z00ted

Your Peach kind of inspired me Illmatic. I think I'll work on her more. I play green Peach too, and your spacing/ledge game is something I haven't seen before. It's more like the Brawl version of her Melee edgeguarding. The only exception is that ledgeguarding vs Denti on Delphino.
Oh wow, thanks!
And the ledgeguarding both times were complete accidents haha!

z00ted

Nice... I like how the players are color coordinated.

Nicole

Smash Champion

z00ted

Some of my doubles vids are up. So here are some good ones:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoom8000#p/u/25/jeuztqLOnjU - - (Winners Finals)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoom8000#p/u/27/ub4_hnSOB38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0mUkGc2oJ4 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (Grand Finals)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoom8000#p/u/16/WvyGTXItTuE

(those are the only 2 we won in grands :/ but it was our first time teaming, so I think we did pretty well!)
Wow you played SmashGod llodownedu's brother?
Good stuff!

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
This thread needs more 2010 videos. Get recording, fellow Peach mains!

Also, might I suggest that the first post return to the layout of the 2009 thread? It's much easier to read, in my opinion.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Getting stuff recorded is a lot harder nowadays considering a lot of people exchanged the ability of having a hacked wii for playing newer games that require a mandatory update (which ****s your wii over if you have homebrew).

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Getting stuff recorded is a lot harder nowadays considering a lot of people exchanged the ability of having a hacked wii for playing newer games that require a mandatory update (which ****s your wii over if you have homebrew).
I can understand that; I guess I was just hoping more people had capture cards. I myself don't have one, but I plan on buying one fairly soon.

z00ted

Wow good stuff, so long ago, and ADHD sucked terribly back then.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Wow, Excel is too good.

Edit: I've been watching Excel videos on YouTube from '09. It doesn't seem like the Peach metagame has changed much since then.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow, Excel is too good.

Edit: I've been watching Excel videos on YouTube from '09. It doesn't seem like the Peach metagame has changed much since then.
It won't change much more at this point. The only thing that can change/improve at this point is our players' abilities to make good, quick reads faster and more frequently. Hold me to that claim. :3

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It won't change much more at this point. The only thing that can change/improve at this point is our players' abilities to make good, quick reads faster and more frequently. Hold me to that claim. :3
This is exactly what I think. Tbh, I don't think many characters metagame will alter a great deal - the only thing I can see happening like KB said is that people get better/play better

I do however think that the metagame will become more and more campy, thats the biggest change I see coming. It might not be a huge change but it could really alter the way matches are played. I'm not fussed though - a more campy metagame imo is better for Peach

Unless she's playing MK or Falco lol

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Wow good stuff, so long ago, and ADHD sucked terribly back then.
That's not really an excuse. ADHD was still good back then. He got 5th @ Genesis, and that's pretty darn good.

It's too bad that Excel stopped playing brawl for the time being. He was the best Peach player that we had. If you don't agree with me, I'm going to assume that your a blind ignorant fool ;) He's won the most tournaments, placed the best at national events in doubles tounaments(5th @ Fast 1 w/ his teamate MPD(Snake) w/ over 100 entrants in singles and 6th @ Genesis w/ Ling Ling(D3). He's also won the most money out of all the Peaches, has some of the best tactics and mindgames, and has the best punishment game out of all other peaches. That is demonstrated in most of his videos and his recent w/ ADHD. With all of the above, that makes him the best. Noone has really compared to him, but maybe someday someone will. There are also no excues like..."his opponents aren't that good, that's the reason why he wins so much." That comment is not true. His regular rival and teamate Ling Ling moved to CT and has placed in the top 2 on a regular basis on the East Coast tournaments with players like Fatal, Biskit, and Dawza.

Here's another recent Excel_Zero video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o0UJVTkYPE

z00ted

That's not really an excuse. ADHD was still good back then. He got 5th @ Genesis, and that's pretty darn good.

It's too bad that Excel stopped playing brawl for the time being. He was the best Peach player that we had. If you don't agree with me, I'm going to assume that your a blind ignorant fool ;) He's won the most tournaments, placed the best at national events in doubles tounaments(5th @ Fast 1 w/ his teamate MPD(Snake) w/ over 100 entrants in singles and 6th @ Genesis w/ Ling Ling(D3). He's also won the most money out of all the Peaches, has some of the best tactics and mindgames, and has the best punishment game out of all other peaches. That is demonstrated in most of his videos and his recent w/ ADHD. With all of the above, that makes him the best. Noone has really compared to him, but maybe someday someone will. There are also no excues like..."his opponents aren't that good, that's the reason why he wins so much." That comment is not true. His regular rival and teamate Ling Ling moved to CT and has placed in the top 2 on a regular basis on the East Coast tournaments with players like Fatal, Biskit, and Dawza.

Here's another recent Excel_Zero video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o0UJVTkYPE

I see what your trying to say but I disagree with it.

Both of these videos show Excel_Zero playing very well but his opponents are playing like utter ****.
Don't get me wrong - Excel Zero WAS the best Peach but if we compare him to some of our current Peach players I don't see what makes him so significant or "better" than them. I think Excel Zero achieved probably the (top) of Peach's metagame before everyone else catching these opponents offguard while the rest of us were trying to figure out what to do.

Kyon's, Silly Kyle's, and King Beef's videos are MUCH better than this in my opinion (only videos I've seen from the boards) mainly due to the fact that they are current day, and their opponents actually look like they understand the matchup.

We caught up and improved.
It was too late, so we have more work to do.
I don't think any character can reach the "Top" of their metagame.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Excel was a top peach but he actually wasn't the best one; Edrees was. If you don't believe me, Edrees not only placed higher at Genesis before retiring but beat Excel in bracket (peach ditto and then Edrees beat him with his YOSHI).

And Gadiel that video was crews... not many people take them THAT seriously xD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hello, coming from my usual lurking/shadowing again lol. Reading the previous page I understand some of you don't have recording equipment atm. I can volunteer my service for you guys since honestly my recording equipment has been gathering dust lately. I have a Hauppage WinTV PVR 250 and here's an example of it's usual quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7AhlIciDKw

And at it's best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3tNieeqV0

Make sure to IM me because I lurk the forums hard lol. Just putting that out if anyone want some tourney stuff up. Oh and I can upload to your channel if you wish for me to.

z00ted

Hello, coming from my usual lurking/shadowing again lol. Reading the previous page I understand some of you don't have recording equipment atm. I can volunteer my service for you guys since honestly my recording equipment has been gathering dust lately. I have a Hauppage WinTV PVR 250 and here's an example of it's usual quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7AhlIciDKw

And at it's best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP3tNieeqV0

Make sure to IM me because I lurk the forums hard lol. Just putting that out if anyone want some tourney stuff up. Oh and I can upload to your channel if you wish for me to.
You are awesome.

z00ted

2Link, I have a few videos that I need to be uploaded for a combo video my AiB crew is doing, would you mind helping me?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Just pop into your SD card and upload the replays you need me to record. I prefer using mediafire for something like that. If you're not sure where on your SD to get the replays it's

X:private/Wii/App/RSBE/rp X being your SD card drive letter.

replays are named according to the date and time they were made so if you have a bunch of matches that aren't right after another just look at the date and time on brawl and look for the .bin file named that way.

Ex: 04/12/2010 1:20pm is going to be named rp_100412_1320.bin (rp_yearmonthday_militarytime)

Sorry if you know all this already I just want to explain it for anyone else not sure. If you have any questions lemme know and link me when you have 'em up.

z00ted

What if I sent them to you via Wii because I don't have an SD card?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm I see alright grab my FCs off the er top right of this post I think lol. Lemme have yours and then you can send 'em over. If you have a bunch I have a trick you can use to bypass the replay sending limit. You might already know this. Basically after Brawl tells you that you've reached the limit of replays to send go into the wii menu and change the date to either yesterday or one day ahead. That will reset brawl's limit and you can continue sending replays. When you finish you can change it back to the right date.

Top Bottom