• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
scar what are you talking about
speeding, spacing, or falcon?

i have no idea what's going on.

edit: 1 million floridians are unemployed. terrible florida is terrible.

Bozo

Smash Cadet
i have got a qeustion about sheik how i deal with Dthrows i always DI left or right then i tech en jab but sometimes she just regrabs me any tips? really need them :(

CorteX

Smash Cadet
hahaha bozo
there's nothing you can do about it, just dont get hit and 0-death her before she can grab you.
its pretty funny you're asking this question here after we both lost from a decent sheik player yesterday.
just stomp her ftilts, shield a lot and lure for the almighty uthrow to knee.
uair is extremely good for sheiks too.
but even with all this advice I can't beat good sheiks either :(
its just a matter of time my falcon brother, soon we will ****.

also, for racing I don't even need a f*ckin car.
i do it on my bare feet and I guarantee you that I will be 1 second faster.

Kind regards,
Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field Running Man

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i have got a qeustion about sheik how i deal with Dthrows i always DI left or right then i tech en jab but sometimes she just regrabs me any tips? really need them :(
if youre having trouble getting out of tech chases you should try to mix it up as best you can with both your DI and your teching. condition your opponent into thinking you have a pattern and then break from it by switching it up. like DI away -> tech away, then DI behind -> tech behind, then DI away again and dont tech at all or something. You have to be more intense about it then that, and even then if youre playing mew2king youre still gonna get grabbed.

and btw dont stomp their Ftilts, theyll just hit you. stomping their down tilts might work though

D

Deleted member

buffer jump to not get *****

buffer roll is good to do once in a while and when they expect the roll you buffer jump, they grab air and you come down and knee

----------
What is a good way to edgeguard samus and peach?

-------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn7AI_QFn1I#t=10m46s

what can i do to cover both options here? in this exact spot of fox's recovery?

$mike

Smash Ace
----------
What is a good way to edgeguard samus and peach?

-------

edgeguarding samus and peach - moonwalk (not necessary but it helps) and bair/reverse uair is usually what i do. reverse uair works especially well on peach

i think in that situation where connor was recovering, he started his up b close enough to the stage where you could have reached him with a full hop bair. if not that, an uptilt would have been a good option - had he not gone for the ledge, the tilt would have probably left you with enough time to punish another option.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

doing it from reaction there is probably hard but doable, I think. Refresh invincibility before his firefox fires, then either roll from the edge or ledgehop knee/bair.

Utilt standing on the edge should also cover both main angles, while giving you time to do a uair/knee if he goes at a really high angle.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
bair may have worked. Uair works for sure, the mistake you made was ledge hopping too fast. drop lower before you dj uair and you can ensure you land on the stage while still putting a hitbox in front of the ledge, as well as on top of it

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Edgeguarding a Firefox that hits the ledge completely horizontally is always tricky. Does he have some sort of invincibility that goes with this specific scenario? I've never hit a Fox with utilt or dtilt out of it.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
dtilt doesn't really hit below the stage.

utilt should definitely be able to hit them if he goes completely horizontal like in this case.

The tricky case I think is when he starts the firefox from slightly above the stage height and goes at a slight downwards angle, because then he gets a sweetspot. If he goes completely horizontal like that fox kind of bumps into the stage before grabbing the edge and you can hit him with a properly spaced/timed utilt.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
s2j usually what i do in situations like that, where i can tell theyre going to firefox for sure but im not sure where, is go out there and dj uair them

its risky if they forward b, but people hardly ever forward b in situations like that where youve hit them nice and high and far away and theyre falling after they use their double jump. if anything you really only need to worry about that against people you play with all the time

theres no way to cover all the options (forward b, all up b angles), but you can get most of them including a forward b if they wait long enough for you to get there before they do it

edit: jump out at peach and stomp her, works wonders for an occasional surprise kill

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dtilt works if they illusion, not if they firefox.

real gentleman: as fast as possible AAA hold A.

D

Deleted member

looking at my match again i did a big mistake by grabbing the edge too slow, making me have to pick an option

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i heard you in the commentary in hugs vs zhu, johnny!

ill get them to rig our pools/brackets at gsg! muahaha

jk

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't think you grabbed it too slow, you still could've reacted to the straight at you option
I think grabbing it sooner and refreshing invincibility would've gotten you more mentally prepared for the "just roll to kill him" option though ~_~

I think runoff double jump Uair would've covered the low options and allowed you to react to higher firefoxes also ... maybe?

D

Deleted member

iono

im still a tourney noob so my mind was being fried at that point

and facing 3 foxes with unique styles in a row is tough

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
probably mindset

i play differently with different colors, really weird

i think it's 100% mental
wasn't it like
normal = normal style
black = rapist
white = gay
green = smooth

and blue = sandbag rofl

on-topic: how do i outspace armada

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
watch ss do it on youtube

and i agree on the colors

when i play pink i play like hax safe and gay style

when i play green i get more creative and cancel alot of stupid stuff

when i play black i just try to ****

when i play other colors i just play how i want

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...wait hax and g-reg arent gay.

and yes SS has a smooth *** falcon

black (darkrain brings that ****)

normal (i wouldn't say there's anything normal about scar's style)

mango is the color of the rainbow (omnipresent style with all colors)
as gay as that sounds

and yes Isai sandbags that *** off.

Top Bottom