• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
complete joke

Skillidon
Steel/flying
flash fire
85/40/115/95/115/50

odd moves that it learns: ice beam

yes, that's right, the end to all dragons

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
eh. it was a concept. just spouting them out right and left...

really I doubt even a nerfed version of that would be balanced. but it a nice concept, you agree?

rockem7

Smash Ace
Pardon my bad art skills but Writer and I came up with a Pokemon and I finally finished it. :p

Granaut
Water/Rock
Guts/Solid Rock
80/128/120/40/75/82

High HP, defense, and special defense comes from a combination of being Rock-type, as well as being one of them hardy sailors (this goes for the abilities as well). Awesome physical attack and horrendous special attack because he's all brawn and no brains. The speed is just a competitive thing tbh. You know, so he can outpace Jolly Gyarados if he wants to.

No color:

With color:

Again, I'm no artist but you kind of get the point.

Competitive moves contain Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Rock Polish, Bulk Up, and other moves are open for suggestions.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I was kind of surprised that we don't have a Pokemon based on the common woodpecker yet, so I drew up some quick sketches of one:

*evolution* *whoosh*

The Woodpecker Pokemon (no clue with names yet; ideas would be appreciated)

Type - Normal/Flying

Stats - I guess something like 90 / 110 / 75 / 40 / 70 / 105

Abilities - Rock Head/Reckless

Important Moves - Brave Bird (of course), Double-Edge, Drill Peck, and either Wood Hammer or Head Smash

Moozle

Smash Champion
Yayy I missed your sketches! I think the idea of a woodpecker is great because it gives an excuse to give a bird rock head as an ability :p I feel like it is a little small for its stats, though. The way it is right now might be too close to looking like Swellow.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yayy I missed your sketches! I think the idea of a woodpecker is great because it gives an excuse to give a bird rock head as an ability :p I feel like it is a little small for its stats, though. The way it is right now might be too close to looking like Swellow.
Yup, Rock Head was my main motivation for making a woodpecker Pokemon. ;)

And I guess you're right, it does look a bit like Swellow. Is this any better?

Imagine a really big woodpecker, I guess. I should probably start coloring stuff, too.

Also, Wood Hammer, Head Smash, or both?

rockem7

Smash Ace
I personally think that Wood Hammer makes more sense seeing as it's a woodpecker.

And I really want to come up with names for it but I can't think of anything. D:<

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think Wood hammer would be the best choice, even though both seem to fit perfectly aesthetically. I don't think giving it both would be TOO broken :p

I tried to get a better version of Necrophyte and it ended up just being weirder lol. I'm trying to draw it so that its head is a flower, but I can't seem to do so without making it huge/pineapple looking.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I personally think that Wood Hammer makes more sense seeing as it's a woodpecker.

And I really want to come up with names for it but I can't think of anything. D:<
I can't think of any names either. Maybe something involving lumber or timber.

Wait, scratch that! What about Impeck for the evolution. Get it? :urg:

I think Wood hammer would be the best choice, even though both seem to fit perfectly aesthetically. I don't think giving it both would be TOO broken :p

I tried to get a better version of Necrophyte and it ended up just being weirder lol. I'm trying to draw it so that its head is a flower, but I can't seem to do so without making it huge/pineapple looking.
Yeah, I think Wood Hammer makes too much sense, and Head Smash isn't too much of a stretch. Which ability would be preferred over the other, considering all these recoil moves, Rock Head or Reckless?

Also, I like this new version of Necrophyte better, Moozle.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dude, that woodpecker with rock head would be awesome

Imagine this moveset:

Woodpecker @ Life Orb
Jolly / Rock Head
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
Wood Hammer
Head Smash
Brave Bird
Double Edge

that's just...********, coverage doesn't matter when you have 4 moves over BP of 120 and a decent attack stat of 110 really helps

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A dark spirit which descended into the depths of the planet upon death. It feeds on souls of the fallen, has harnessed the otherworldy living ethics and occasionally appears to humans at midnight, hiding in a stone helmet.

Castmore
Type: Ghost / Rock
Ability: No Guard / Aftermath
Base Stats: 50 / 106 / 140 / 106 / 100 / 50

Offensive Movepool: Rock Tomb, Rockslide, Stone Edge, Power Gem, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Payback, Ancientpower, Zen Headbutt, Headbutt, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch

Support Movepool: Will-o-Wisp, Power Trick, Metal Burst, Trick, Curse, Spite, Confuse Ray, Pain Split, Iron Defense, Amnesia, Fling

Offensive
Castmore @ Leftovers / Life Orb
No Guard / Brave
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Sp Atk
~ Focus Blast
~ Stone Edge
~ Shadow Ball
~ Pain Split / Substitute

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's rediculous with no gaurd
it's basically the physical blissey as it has a perfect accuracy will-o-wisp with great coverage moves and power

i say remove no gaurd, that'll make it too strong

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I dropped the base stats a bit. You understand Castmore has a base HP stat of 50 so that's not really helping it at all. Especially when it's special defense is only decent. Rock / Ghost also has a bunch of typing problems on its own. You're taking supereffective damage from Steel, Grass, Water, Ghost, Ground, and Dark-types, while only resisting Fire, Poison and being immune to Normal and Fighting.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
dude, that woodpecker with rock head would be awesome

Imagine this moveset:

Woodpecker @ Life Orb
Jolly / Rock Head
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP
Wood Hammer
Head Smash
Brave Bird
Double Edge
That is pretty awesome. :bee:

Also, Ghost/Rock is a cool type combo; what you'd expect Spiritomb to be just by looking at it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I was feeling creative again today following Impeck, so I decided to make yet another bird Pokemon, this time of the Fighting/Flying type:

Casquarry (it's not a Farfetch'd evolution!)
The Armor Bird Pokemon

*attempt at action pose*

Type: Fighting/Flying

Abilities: Hustle/Quick Feet

Stats: 90/130/70/40/70/75

Relevant Moves:

Jump Kick (level up)
Hi Jump Kick (level up)
Low Kick (move tutor)
Brave Bird (egg move)
Aerial Ace (level up)
Bounce (level up)
Slash (level up)
Mega Kick (level up)
Blaze Kick (Heart Scale)
Sucker Punch (move tutor)
Night Slash (level up)

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Pokedex Entries:
- It is fiercely territorial. It cuts paths through the jungle while dashing by using the blades on its head and feet.
- Its thick black feathers are like a suit of armor. When it feels threatened, it delivers dangerously powerful kicks to the foe.

Bonus points to anyone that knows what this Pokemon is based on!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That is amazing base Attack stat for a bird Pokemon.

It seems to be an ostrich. That's what I think anyway.
It is pretty high, isn't it? Stat-wise, Impeck (the woodpecker) and Casquarry are based around Staraptor (since they're all hard-hitting birds). Impeck is weaker but faster than Staraptor, and Casquarry is stronger but slower.

Also, not quite on the origin. :)

Moozle

Smash Champion
We seem to have been making a ton of birds for this "generation." I like it though, since I think it works really well with the theme of the region. It would be cool to have a ton of bird and bug pokemon, since they usually don't get much representation.

I think Castmore should keep will-o-wisp, but get rid of no guard. I think the ability is just too good for a pokemon with that kind of mixed attacking potential.

JOE!

Smash Hero
It's based on a cassowary

sorry I havent been around here as much as I'd like to...been busy with just alot of other stuff @_@

fortunatley ou guys seem to keep this going by itself :bee:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think I counteracted No Guard with Castmore's multitude of weaknesses. Also, his attacking stats aren't exactly amazing so any potent wall is able to shrug off his attacks. Aside from that, without Will-o-Wisp on No Guard sets Castmore would have to rely on Hidden Power.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
We seem to have been making a ton of birds for this "generation." I like it though, since I think it works really well with the theme of the region. It would be cool to have a ton of bird and bug pokemon, since they usually don't get much representation.
Yeah, I think I'm done with bird Pokemon for a while (especially physical-based ones). Maybe I'll look up some cool bugs now!

And since we seem to have many Pokemon now, I might start consolidating an actual "SWF/Tohoko-Dex" for the region (and I might start on those Gym Leaders, too). We could pick out the most fleshed-out Pokemon (and keep type balance in mind).

Perhaps we could even choose Pokemon from the other Evolution thread? I always thought this thread and that one were pretty similar. They should kinda be merged or something.

It's based on a cassowary
*bonus points!*

sorry I havent been around here as much as I'd like to...been busy with just alot of other stuff @_@
(wary)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've decided to tribut a member with this idea. Can you guess who it is?

A stone golem mysteriously roared to life. Built huge and strong, this behemoth leaves nothing in its trail. It's so slow it gives Slowpoke a run for its money. Jagged rocks pelt the golem's body, almost looking like armor-esque decorations in some places.

Rokkem
Type: Rock / Fighting
Ability: Stonewall*
(+10% physical defense in normal weather and sandstorm, -20% in rain and hail)
Base Stats: 138 / 128 / 112 / 94 / 90 / 20

Offensive Movepool includes - Earthquake, Rockslide, Stone Edge, Ancientpower, Focus Blast, Karate Chop, Close Combat, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunderpunch, Power Gem, Earth Power, Seismic Toss, Rock Tomb, Body Slam, Hammer Arm, Rock Smash

Support Movepool includes - Toxic, Stealth Rock, Rock Polish, Glare, Scary Face

Physically Offensive
Rokkem @ Leftovers
Stonewall / Adamant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Punch
~ Drain Punch / Hammer Arm

Defensive
Rokkem @ Leftovers
Stonewall / Impish
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp Def
~ Stealth Rock
~ Toxic
~ Rockslide
~ Seismic Toss / Drain Punch

rockem7

Smash Ace
I have no idea what member that pokemon could have possibly been based off of.

The ability is like, perfect. The name Stonewall makes it seem incredibly epic. However I think it should go to +20% in Sandstorm. And your physically offensive set should have Close Combat in over Drain Punch or Hammer Arm.

Beautiful Pokemon, Tery.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Litliigun
Electric/Bug
Levitate/Sand Viel
110/75/110/80/120/55

Offensive Movepool: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Bug Bite, Signal Beam, Energy Ball, Solarbeam
Support Movepool: Toxic, Stealth Rock

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I have no idea what member that pokemon could have possibly been based off of.

The ability is like, perfect. The name Stonewall makes it seem incredibly epic. However I think it should go to +20% in Sandstorm. And your physically offensive set should have Close Combat in over Drain Punch or Hammer Arm.

Beautiful Pokemon, Tery.
Thanks, Rockem. :)
I didn't opt for Close Combat in the offensive set because Rokkem wouldn't prefer losing its solid defenses, especially with Stonewall and sandstorm.

I thought due to the typing, description and the rame being very similar....(Rexxor vs Rokkem)
Names rarely mean anything. Flygon and Shelgon, are those two very alike? No. Your Rexxor is also a dinosaur, is it not? Rokkem is a stone golem brought to life. Dinosaurs and rocks are not the same thing.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Just an fyi, you've inspired me to create Pokemon for you, Writer, and Riddle. I'm making the sprites, and I'm almost done with yours, and I can post the Pokemon now if you want or I could wait and finish the sprites.

Top Bottom