• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach and The Meta Knight Match Up

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

Ohhhhh, did I win???

Yaaay normally does these now but I want to get this one made up cause he's on holiday...sorry Yaaay <3

This match up NEEDS to be DISCUSSED. We can't afford to let this die like we do with nearly every other match up thread. Meta Knight is the only character who is holding Peach back from becoming high tier because he's the biggest reason Peach is currently been kicked out of tourneys early on and its about time we got our act together and changed that

Is this a hard match up? Of course it is. Is it unwinnnable? Well, we'll find out won't we?

I want some kind of structure to the discussion. We can leave stages til last - the ruleset is undergoing some changes and there's been a heck of a lot of rule/stage discussion recently so new stages might be added by the time we get onto them. Discussing the basic mechanics of the match up is our priority atm

Stages are however important because whilst Peach's are winning games vs MK, they aren't winning sets, which indicates to me that something to do with stage selection is affecting the outcome of the match

So, with all that in mind, lets start with the basics of the match up shall we? Feel free to post a ratio if you really want to but I want to be discussing actual match up stuff, not numbers :p I'll give my input after a few people have posted

Edit: Due to a few mentions of it and the worry of there being more, I will say this now
Please avoid discussion about planking. Theoretically Meta Knight's planking is unbeatable. It is therefore a universal problem and due to it being unbeatable, we will assume that some sort of enforcement (such as a Ledge Grab Limit rule) is in place. Otherwise, the match up discussion will be rendered worthless because then everyone theoretically has an unwinnable match up vs MK. Discussing this matter and ignoring everything else, whilst theoretically is the most realistic thing to do, is extremely unhealthy for discussion

I personally want to ask some frame junkies if Floating by the ledge would be some kind of method to stop planking. A dreadful method but considering this tactic is theorectically unbeatable, an idea nonetheless

Smoom77

Smash Master
All I'll say is you need to see the MK vs Peach I did with Illmatic yesterday. lolololol

But yeah, I'm not a Peach main. :)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I know this matchup pretty well (my brother mains Metaknight) I'll try to give more input later after everyone gives their remarks.

Matchup Mentality

Peach has to change her playstyle EXTREMELY in order to win, she can't control the air like she would normally like to but rather stay on the ground with a turnip in hand more than half of the match. Peach needs to wait for Metaknight to mess up then explode and play a very precise offensive game while trying to get in as much damage as possible with strings or whatever - and KNOW WHEN TO BACK OFF. Peach has terrible defensive momentum against Metaknight mainly because she is sooo floaty and has a terrible airdodge. Metaknight can have a field day on her if she does not recognize when to get back into "safe" mode. I feel as though to beat Metaknight I have to play like as if I'm on my LAST STOCK and any NEXT HIT could KILL ME, otherwise its an automatic loss. Nair and fltilt work very well against Metakight as suprise kill moves and ftilt is quick and great to use Oos against Metaknight upwards, and most importantly Jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab jab!

It's like 35:65 Metaknight's favor - Metaknight is just far too fast for Peach to keep up. He has extraordinary aerial game which really can slow down Peach's momentum and almost all of his air moves outprioritize Peach's give or take a few (not to mention Peach has a pitiful airdodge). Metaknight is an EXTREMELY hard matchup to win if your opponent knows what he or she is doing. Metaknight is one of the main reasons why Peach isn't moving up on the tier list in my opinion.

Picking your starter stage.

If your in MLG ruleset and are the lower seed right off the bat knock out Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, and Lylat Cruise, those are all places that you DO NOT want to be against Metaknight. Battlefield - platforms. Delfino - Metaknight has too many safe options. Yoshis's - Messes up your float. Lylat - PLATFORMS. Your goal is to try to get Metaknight to Final Destination or Pokemon Stadium - last resort take him to Castle Seige/Smashville and play defensively on any of these listed stages.

After the first match. (Acknowledging that you did win - Good job!)

Don't ban Brinstar - you can actually play Metaknight better there than most other characters due to your float, instead ban Battlefield because he has more mobility from the platforms. If he does take you to Brinstar good luck..haha thats all I have to say Brinstar is a better stage against Metaknight in my opinion because she can use parts of the stage to work for her in certain situations. You can Peach bomb off of the little pillars on the left and right side of the stage to catch Metaknight off guard and maybe get in an extra attack. Metaknight doesn't like to play on the ground here because it's not a flat surface and it can mess him up a bit so he's going to want to take you into the air. Stay on the ground at all costs. When the lava moves up try to stay on one of the three platforms with a turnip and try your hardest not to get Shuttle Looped, he will use it because he has almost nothing to lose the lava will save him out of his shuttle loop allowing him to avoid self destruction. Eh, good luck if you don't like this stage ban it I feel as though it can be good for Peach in certain situations because it helps her spacing.

Stage Selection For Aggressive Peaches

If he bans Final Destination take him to Green Greens its a great stage against him - it sets him back and doesnt allow him to use his Tornado because of the Bomb Blocks and you can play very aggressively in the center (if that is your playstyle) the small killzones allow for quick kills which Peach sooo desperately needs and the short vertical killzone can allow you to get in that utilt, or ftilt that may cot you the match. At high percentages ALWAYS run back to the center of the stage. Do not risk staying at the left/right and allowing him to get in one of those broken shuttle loops/dmashes and kill you very early. I would say at 60% of damage you need to back off and play very CAREFULLY or you can end up being in a bad situation very early. When you have the time try to filter out your fmashes to get a Frying pan - it helps tremendously at this stage against Metaknight and can cost you the match. Overall if you play Peach at top level on this stage I can see the ration boosting from 35:45 to about 40:60 or 45:55 in Peach's favor. Thank you GOD for the MLG stage ruleset.

Stage Selection for Defensive Peaches

He is going to ban Final Destination...get over it. If he doesn't however PICK IT if you fit this playstyle. Play very carefully and STAY on the GROUND at ALL times and just barrage him with turnips. Try to avoid getting predictable with your glide tosses - you can still do it but mix it up a little bit - throw turnips in the air or on the ground, and do your reverse pivot toss as frequently as possible. The WHOLE entire match you want to control the center of Final Destination - do not allow him to take you to the left or right of the stage under any circumstances. Since Metaknight doesn't have platforms to abuse you will have a slight advantage against him here. The only problem that you face is killing him. The stage is large and Peach doesn't have the best knockback... all I can say is SAVE your moves and try to use bair,nair,fair, or uair at the minimal amount possible. You should be relying on your dair strings / turnips / grabs / tilts to rack up damage in this matchup. If Metaknight does ban Final Destination the next best stage that comes to mind personally would be Pokemon Stadium play it like you would Final Destination but keep in mind that Metaknight does have platforms. When the phases of the stage switch up try to get in a position where you won't get hit and fish for a stitch/dot eyed turnip and filter your fmashes for a raquet/club. If you play on either of these stages I could see the matchup being 40:60 in Metaknight's favor.

Closing

Metaknight is terrible character that is ****ing this game up beyond belief. I feel if people are coming up with ideas to try to alter a character's performance at competitive level it is just further proving that the character is broken in the first place. Metaknight should be banned - but until he is we need to figure out a way how to beat him. Metaknight is better than Peach in almost everything besides his jab - but this does not mean the matchup is unwinnable. In order for Peach to win you have to play a totally different playstyle, think quicker, and play more intelligently than your opponent.

It's possible guys.

All I'll say is you need to see the MK vs Peach I did with Illmatic yesterday. lolololol

But yeah, I'm not a Peach main. :)
Oh yah.. Smoom that match was insane haha I'll try to find a way to get it uploaded.

{Intro}
The match-up is all about finding whatever entrance you can to attack and reclaim some control of the match. An offensive peach is impossible in this match-up unless the other MK messes up a lot. With moves such as tornado, dtilt, ftilt, Fair, and many good OoS options, it is easy to see that trying to be offensive against MK is not easy. The best approach is to play as defensively as possible and be evasive. Peach has decent disruptive moves, OoS options, combo breaker methods, and a projectile. Using all of these can ruin MKs pressure and then give you a slight advantage to go onto the attack, but one has to remember that area of attack is rather small. We cannot really combo MK for very long.

{Offence as a Defence}
Peach's tilts are decent against a grounded or an aerial MK. Utilt is perfect for trying to hit a Dair camping MK as it is has large range. Ftilt or Dtilt are excellent for trying to hit MK who is rushing at you from the ground. Either the tilts will hit MK before he gets his attack out, or you both should recieve knockback if it is timed correctly. Ftilt and Dtilt I cannot really fathom using for any other time except when MK is dashing at you. Ftilt perhaps as a jab mix-up. Most other attacks would be purely out of defence. The only other move you might use in attack with offensive as a shield would be turnips.

{Defence}
Jab is an excellent get off me move in this match-up along with her OoS options. Floating should be kept to a minimal except in the case of recovery. All of MKs attacks will beat ours out if given the chance to space them. Staying close to MK or staying out of range should be the objective with peach when in the air. It is like fighting Marth where his attacks are not perfect when you get close to him, but neither will they do any good if he cannot hit you.

With all of these defensive options we have, we never should ever try to approach MK unless he has taken knockback, or you have some turnip in hand.

{Overview}
The basic overview again is simply play defensively and never try to approach. Try to bait him into attacking with turnip pressure and running away. When he does attack, that is the time to counteract his mistakes.

{Ending}
Peach has the ability to deal with MK, but only on the ground. The problem in the match-up is in recovery. Peach suffers from a slow fall speed, poor aerial mobility, and a bad airdodge. Not to mention no real safe options against MK in the air. That priority he has in his attacks is better than the range on our aerials. This means we will be getting juggled like crazy. I cannot see any methods to avoiding this problem except with the normal recovery methods we typically use. With these in game crippling weaknesses in mind, I would say the match-up is a hard counter against us.

Peach Ground game = MK ground game
MK Air game > Peach air game

Nicole

Smash Champion
as for the overview of peach/mk and how it's supposed to be played ("matchup mentality"), i agree with just about everything ill has to say. well described!

as for the stage selection...i would probably ban rainbow cruise/norfair. those are absolutely auto-wins for him. brinstar is bad, but i agree that you shouldn't waste your ban on it. i would never go to green greens. i would go to FD, and if he bans that, go to yoshi's or battlefield, depending on how aggressive the mk is. yoshi's is a good place to fight aggressive mk's, and battlefield's platforms give you a good way to capitalize on mk's mistakes, not to mention a place to land when you're trying to get back to the ground.

alot of people probably dont agree with battlefield. i don't think that platforms are entirely our enemy against mk. they do help him, but they help us as well. just play carefully. i typically do quite well there, and i counterpick it if fd is banned. i also do well on fd, but like ill said, the mk will probably ban that if they know peach at all. ill seems to be more of a fan of gay stages than i am, judging by some of his counterpicks :/ i'm a no-nonsense player and i HATE any influence from the stage. i feel that picking gay stages, even our favorite green greens, only gives MK more things to take advantage of. while mk cannot tornado, we have alot more trouble approaching him there as well. an early bomb kill is great for us vs. him, but absolutely devastating for him vs. us. a gay mk could plank, camp, and scrooge insanely well there. i dunno...i just really dont think green greens is the answer for us.

z00ted

I like what I'm seeing so far :D

I'm not a fan of picking gay stages or playing gay at all but we are dealing with Metaknight here ;). I can see your points with him trying to run out the clock, planking, and scrooging though. Green Greens is an extremely risky stage I don't know if the player would try to do it. Also it's all up to the player/his or her playstyle if you feel comfortable on Battlefield on Metaknight go for it! I just feel as though he can rush us far too well without precaution in his actions.

Nicole

Smash Champion
haha, glad we're all awake at 4 in the morning :psycho:
if you have any vids of you vs. an mk on green greens i'd love to see it though. everyone always says how great that stage is for peach, and i'd like to have a solid gay counterpick for her. i usually just cp neutrals.

z00ted

Haha seriously.. I'm about to go to sleep.
Sadly I don't have any videos of a Metaknight vs. my Peach but when I get one I will upload it to the video archives, I used to always counterpick Battlefield against Meatknights like two months ago but know I have seen the light and I pick Green Greens every time :).

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ban brinstar, wtf. he'll shark the entire match and time you out. nado is waaaaay too powerful there.

no decent MK shud be losing to Peach on brinstar coz she can't rly do much to touch him if he's sharking the entire time and if he knows how to space shuttle loop.

anyway just got home. was at little going away thingy for a san diego smasher. got to play several friendlies vs tyrant and dsf but i'm too tired to rly get my thoughts together about the MU.

what i can say though is that MK definitely has an option that covers anything Peach can do but that Peach has pretty decent options to fight back and that w/ good/situational/weird spacing then nado can be kept in check to an extent. The match-up just requires a lot of brainpower and reaction. Gotta think gotta think haha. And that Peach has better tools to make it back onstage than I initially thought.

Not sure how possible this is on certain cp stages but who knows.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I heavily recommend Pictochat. It's FD + movement-restricting hazards. After Green Greens I consider it MK's worst stage, if not worse (since MK can just Shuttle Loop through GG's blocks to remove them if need be).

One piece of self-invented advice I like is "Don't be scared of Shuttle Loop". As Peach, it's the most foreign thing to be punished for attacking a shield, or to not win a head-on aerial clash. It's the one move that breaks the match-up, but once you learn how to deal with it, you start to notice it's major flaw. And it's a pretty big flaw too.

On the ground, never touch his shield with anything that doesn't immediately cancel. Float dair is sadly eliminated as an option due to this, but if the MK is conditioned to SL on reaction, you can float in the actual loop of the attack and be safe - till he learns to nair. My research also shows promise in float dair to footstool, which provides pressure with a free escape. Mainly though, approaching MK while grounded means perfectly canceled jab, fair, dair, bair, and whatever. Emphasis on the perfectly. Fair is really bad though - since MK's window of opportunity against it is 16 frames wide. Stick to jab, and dair and bair while landing behind him. As you should know by now, only the first jab. If MK shields the second, he can dsmash - among other crap.

If it can be helped though, really never approach MK. Throw turnips. Just throw turnips. Forever.

If he catches one though!

!!!

Get the **** in there. OMFG. He just made the most ridiculous mistake ever.

Remember how good his grab is? Dsmash? Ftlt? Now, do you remember how ****ty turnips are? "Hey, I'm the best character in the game, with the best moveset in the game. Oh what's this? ****? I love ****." Why in the world would you trade all your tilts, smashes, aerials, and grabs... for this.

If he decides to hold on to one, you really only have to worry about his specials and whenever he decides to drop that piece of garbage vegetation, which in terms of options is nothing less than a godsend.

Anyways, back to Shuttle Loop, this time the much less invincible aerial version. From above, dair eats it easily if timed right, but really just try to avoid MK when recovering. You're dead if MK waits between dairs, so if possible, Peach Bomber away and use your molasses fall speed to your advantage (float is almost a VIP pass around his usual garbage if you have it) - wait till MK uses up his jumps before getting back to the stage. If you can reach it, the ledge is safe. Peach can actually compete with MK for it. Ledgehopped nair beats SL, and Tornado and Drill Rush are basically free passes unto the stage due to their start-up. Never stay on for extended periods of time, you only beat MK when he wants to get on the ledge - if he's already on it, and you haven't chosen to get on the stage yourself, you made the wrong choice. The big point being MK never needs the ledge; you do.

If MK used SL from a distance and he's gliding toward you, stand your ground and actually move forward. Get up close enough to shield grab it - don't be scared. See: Aang learning Earthbending from Toph. Throwing a turnip at it is also good. ...I hear Toad is great? Maybe clashing aerials? I know the aerials needs to autocancel immediately after, otherwise the the punishment opportunity is lost. I'm actually still looking into the clash business.

If MK SL'd your shield upclose, then hooray. You've gotten a free KO move in uair, maybe an utilt, and an upward glidetoss is always a favorite.

What else.

I like dsmash. Pokes MK especially well for some reason, and we have a faster dsmash then his from behind (our's is frame 6 both sides, MK's is frame 5 in front, 10 in back).

Once you get the ledge when recovering, roll is my favorite option. Get's you inside the stage and let's you avoid his crazy Shuttle Loop that puts him on the edge instantly.

Ftilt is good.

40:60

We lose, but Peach can do it. Every once in awhile I feel the twang of unviability, it just feels so easy for him to capitalize on one misplaced jab. Jabbed a second time on shield, eat a dsmash, fly off stage without a float, parasol in futility, SL below the stage, parasol, ledgedrop nair... MK. You have to play perfect to even have a chance. Still my favorite match-up though. :p

I hate to bring this up, but it is a matter worth discussing eventually. MK is able to 'plank'. What can peach really do against that? We can try to throw turnips from the stage all day, but it does nothing really. I can only fathom trying to bait him at the edge by trying to move in close, then get out of range.

z00ted

We go under there and try to do something 90% of the time failing.
Or we lose.

Edit: This is the best thread I have seen since I joined this site.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Peach beats MK because when MK catches a turnip he is forced to Drill rush offstage.
Dude, we're serious about working on this matchup. Get out of here with those silly Brawl Tactical Discussion one-liners. There's a time and a place to try to be funny, guy.

@ Meno/Illmatic- Excellent posts! I actually learned a bunch of things that I never really thought about against the matchup. Pictochat is an excellent suggestion but my only gripe with reliance on a stage is how scrubby this community is when it comes to agreeing on a stable stagelist, ruleset, etc; so no one knows for sure what they can really prepare themselves to use for the long run. I personally think Green Greens should be allowed; it adds an interesting dynamic to stage control, one that I personally believe Peach can take advantage of better that MK can, imagine that.

If there is no LGL at a tournament you attend (as asinine as that sounds), don't even bother pursuing MK near the ledge. It's absolutely impossible to do anything to a MK who planks correctly, so just let him up onto the stage, or chuck turnips at him all day (make sure you keep your finger near your A button though to whack him with a f-smash if he decides to creep a ledgehop nado in).

Regarding the matchup itself
I will give my input as soon as I have more spare time. Keep up the good work, and let's try to get some competent/knowledgeable/top MK mains in here to help bear fruit from this discussion.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Some great discussion going on here guys :)
What Ill said pretty much covered my main stress on the match up - play like its your last stock. You have to be extremely safe and play defensively BUT know when you have the chance to go in and get some hits in. If you miss these chances, you lose an advantage which could help you win vs MK

Something extremely useful I learnt for this match up was from watching Praxis vs Itakio matches. I've also seen Raz do it a lot in some of his matches
Its the Z Drop Turnip to Fair recatch. Normally, Fair to Jab or move away works very well against other characters because either the Fair outranges their options when spaced and will get their hurtbox and the Jab helps add shield pressure and mess up shield grabs. This isn't the case with MK - his aerials have transcendant priority so Peach can't beat him out in the air like she normally can vs people and OoS Up + B has invincibilty frames, making dangerous to double Jab him upon block
Basically, you use Fair defensivly (SH, pull back) but not really with the intention to cause damage to him, mainly to keep him at bay because your Fair is about the same range as his Fair, will catch his hurtbox if he's using D Tilt or D Smash and you can move back to avoid an F Tilt and then go in for the hit. The Z Drop recatch Turnip bit is so you can Glide Toss away to get a safe position or to punish any attack he might throw at you on block

I'm not good at explaining stuff, just watch Praxis vs Ikatio vids and you'll see what I mean. I find it really helps keep MK at bay, keep the pressure on his shield which leaves him vunerable to Dair/D Smash/Fair pokes and the worry his shield might break. If the Fair hits, you've damaged him and knocked him back, giving you an even safer position. The Turnip helps you to regain a safe position/punish some of his moves/force him to react to the Turnip. Like Meno said, him catching the Turnip doesn't help him at all because he then has to mess around getting rid of it

My take on the match is playing defensively with Fair and Turnips and then using other moves where appropriate...its difficult to say because all of Peach's other moves are very situational to use when it comes to using them against MK because he technically has answers to all of Peach's moves, provided he uses the correct answer which won't always be the case and its your job to try and make sure he uses the wrong answer. Just keep the Turnips going. Bone walking helps to make movement much more fluid. Run circles around MK if you can, don't do obvious and predictable things because you will get punished. Use your better air mobility to play guessing games with him in the air

Meta Knight is like one of those extremely difficult secret boss fights you find in most video games that appear after the main game for example. He might seem impossible at first but there are holes in his rock solid wall. You have to wait it out, play safe and then attack when the opportunity strikes

I'll be a bit more indepth about other moves and stuff if needs be but thats a very general overview of what I think. The Fair/Turnip thing is just soemthing I thought I'd point out since nobodies mentioned it. Everone else has already said really good stuff so theres not point repeating it :p

Also, updating the OP regards to planking

Metatitan

Smash Master
I gave up using Peach in this MU a long time ago but I do remember recovery tricks. Recovering against MK is ridiculously hard; no other character is better at gimping or punishing Peach's recovery than MK. He'll try to Nair/Dair your umbrella when you aim for the ledge so keep your double jump to bait it out.

When recovering high, use your float to attempt to stall out his jumps and then land; if he gets near you use your double jump to avoid him and pray for the best. If you're in the scenario when you're above him without a float or double jump then use your airdodge, Dair, Bair, and toad and honestly pray for the best (aka he makes a mistake) because all you can do is pray.

What makes the MU so terrible is that MK is always in control. Some people disagree about it being so terrible but we've never seen a peach player take down a top MK player who knows the matchup.

z00ted

If I don't beat a top level Metaknight within two months with Peach I'm switching to Diddy for him until he gets removed, I really don't want to do it but I may have to. I never have really played as other characters because I feel as though if I do I may be losing valuable playstyles/information with Peach my main but Metaknight is just ********.

Nicole

Smash Champion
something you guys haven't mentioned about recovering with peach against mk (or at least i dont think it's been mentioned).

when you recover low, mk can shuttle loop facing away from the stage. he will still grab the ledge and you will get hit with the shuttle loop. he can do this over and over again until you die - it's not that hard for him to time correctly, since peach has little choice in when she uses upb, thanks to it's mediocre distance. if you have your float, it's avoidable, but what if you don't (and how often do you really have your float against him when you're getting **** on off the ledge?). one wrong move and peach can be in this situation at like...60%. and she is likely to be stuck in this situation until she dies.

to avoid this...i dunno. dont put yourself in a bad position. ALWAYS recover high if you can. expect the mk to use uair, shuttle loop, -and- tornado when you're that high above him. but those are still better than helplessly getting ***** and shoved farther and farther away from the stage. if you have to recover low, use upb as soon as you can grab the ledge with it. i wouldn't let mk have the chance to do a falling nair and push you farther away. once he gets that ledge, you are done, if you are recovering low. NEVER go off the stage unless you are hit off, unless maybe you just killed mk and are trying to avoid invincible mk by hanging out on the ledge. but yeah...i would always be onstage if at all possible.

against a planking mk...it's mostly impossible. turnips + umbrella. that's all you can do. just drop a turnip, then jump off and umbrella. if he's intent on planking and scrooges to the other side...you're probably ****ed.

i still think this is do-able. i dunno what i'll do if there comes a day when i don't think that's the case. my diddy is good and useable in tournament, but i just dont like playing him half as much as i like peach. i will probably just always use peach and try to keep improving on the mk matchup.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm with you on this one Ill. I'll either switch to Diddy or Marth for Metaknight. I've tried the ditto and I just can't grasp it enough to beat someone when they play reactionary with a lead.

Mr. R has inspired me to pick my Marth back up and pick at every little piece of the MK matchup. Leon's Marth is pretty sexy against MK as well. It's still a disadvantage but not completely ******** like fighting him with Peach. -.-

Peach vs. Metaknight

First off, let's cut the blind optimism and get straight to the facts: half of our options are already limited from the get-go. Got that down? K, good.

Long Range: This is where Peach can hold her own for a brief period of time in the matchup because she has enough space to throw turnips, react to MK's dash/tornado, and can avoid most punishment. It's really as simple as this. Try your best not to let MK get inside. Most Metaknights will patiently walk up to you if you're chucking turnips, attempt to powershield them (as if that's difficult), and try to space you out with fair/f-tilt. This is where reverse glide tosses are your best asset, use them.

Mid Range: This is where Metaknight will retain most of his control in the matchup. His fair/f-tilt will beat Peach's aerials to the punch, and combined with their range, will discourage Peach from taking to the air whatsoever (as if she could...). If Peach sits in her shield, he will throw d-tilts to test the water and depending on your reaction, will most often follow up with a fair (if you jump), f-tilt (if you jump/drop your shield), dash grab (if you sit in your shield/spot dodge), dash attack (if you roll away), d-smash (if you spotdodge/drop your shield), or nado to shield poke you (if you roll away/spot dodge/sit in your shield). And that's not even taking into account the various mixups at his disposal such as running past you to a pivot grab, fullhop dair, or simply rolling behind you to bait an attack or score a grab if you don't react quick enough. MK just dominates this matchup from mid range, frame traps galore.

Close Range: This is where Peach actually has a chance provided she doesn't whiff something unnecessary on his shield. Her jab is two frames and beats everything he has to the punch including his d-tilt (correct me if I'm wrong). This position is also a gamble because he can easily reset the match to mid/long range or take you to the air if you make said mistake. Avoid getting grabbed first and foremost, remember to jab if you can anticipate what he'll do next, and do not let yourself get baited into a spotdodge when he's just sitting there waiting for it. Reverse glidetoss, shorthop backwards and fair, use any option that would allow you to space/get away from said bait.

Aerial combat (lol): Hmm...in the air...we get *****, simple as that. We have the fall speed of molasses (as Meno would put it), our airdodge is absolutely terrible; add all of that up and that is when the matchup turns to 35:65 or even 30:70 indefinitely. He can frame trap her with uairs all day, bait her into nairs/shuttle loops/dairs, and launch us back up with nado once we try to land (especially if she doesn't have her float to space herself away from it).

I would really like to be optimistic about this matchup in some sort of way, but c'mon people...it's mid 2010, Metaknight is still dominant, and the matchup has only become even worse against Metaknights who matter. How can I even be optimistic about it anymore. Our character is on the edge of viability, and he is the only one shutting us out of high placings/getting high enough to cause other upsets. The same can be said for a handful of other characters who deal well enough with pretty much the entire cast except him. He's the bain of most characters with the counterpicking ultimatum that is most often associated with him (if you lose first game, you'll be taken to either Rainbow Cruise or Brinstar, or maybe even Norfair if it's in the mix). Ok, rant portion over.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
at mid range peach can still combat him with mid level/ground float fair or by simply shielding + jabbing.

dtilt/ftilt can work. you just have to do a lot of thinking and reading. u also gotta predict his dsmash b/c it beats jab. that's the trouble i find with being midrange vs mk. peach can do just fine though . it's just that being sent in the air once can result in a lot of damage for us.

idk, this mu is hard but manageable on nuetrals or frigate or sumtin. i think it gets ******** on some cp stages though.

in the air we kind of get ***** but we still have options though.

we can use our float to stall out his jumps and then di forward or bomber or something when u see him return to the stage to get his jumps back. if he chases u then di'ing into him + fair does work pretty well too. idk we just gotta mix and match and learn when to use our aerials. it's just a lot of situational b.s.

oh and too nicole's post u can still avoid the shuttle loop edgeguard by using up b early. he won't be able to reach u. you can also try to gimp mk if he's at a higher percent by fastfalling to around his height and then timing the up b and hoping that you stagespike him or at least hit him out of up b. his loop is faster so u can hit the underside of it.

it's whatev haha.

i think the mu is hard and even i use 2nds to deal w/ it sometimes but for the most part i don't think the peaches in general use your heads enough and i'm including myself in this too but maaan, think moar. we have peaches that want to do this mu so lets be smarter plz.

edit: another thing. illmatic...how can you expect to beat a top metaknight within 2 months with peach or with anyone really. i have nothing against using secondaries to handle the match-up but I think these boards in general underestimate how much better other mains of other characters are than us.

the gap between the best peach and the best mk is huuge. well, ****, even the gap between the best peach and the best zss and ike is large. i don't think there's any of us that are nearly as good as someone like San and that foo beat Judge with Ike lmao. Basically, I suck, ya'll suck. I don't think we try or thiink hard enough and that's why i think this thread is dumb. it's just a giant john or a giant compilation of the same **** we've been saying for the past 6 months.

whatev, ima try to step it up. I don't care about using all peach or not, but i just think peach users in general aren't good enough. being the best peach at this point is prob as laughable as bein' the best lucas.

z00ted

edit: another thing. illmatic...how can you expect to beat a top metaknight within 2 months with peach or with anyone really. i have nothing against using secondaries to handle the match-up but I think these boards in general underestimate how much better other mains of other characters are than us.

the gap between the best peach and the best mk is huuge. well, ****, even the gap between the best peach and the best zss and ike is large. i don't think there's any of us that are nearly as good as someone like San and that foo beat Judge with Ike lmao. Basically, I suck, ya'll suck. I don't think we try or thiink hard enough and that's why i think this thread is dumb. it's just a giant john or a giant compilation of the same **** we've been saying for the past 6 months.

whatev, ima try to step it up. I don't care about using all peach or not, but i just think peach users in general aren't good enough. being the best peach at this point is prob as laughable as bein' the best lucas.
owow here comes hate (not from me - but probably from others)

I'll step it up and beat Dphat / Lee Martin in the next two months, I've just entered the tournament scene and have already imo learned sooo much in a short amount of time why can't I beat a Metaknight? I just played a top Lucario/Ike with no matchup experience and almost won both of them. I'm not trying to sound conceited but don't throw out stuff like that without enough evidence to back it up - anyone can pop out of nowhere and pull off anything.

As far as "I suck, ya'll suck. ZSS and Ike garbage" I'll prove you wrong, and if I don't I can name about five people in the boards that WILL.

I sorta agree with you on the giant john compilation part you talked about but none of us aren't trying to do something about it, why do you think this thread is here in the first place?

While your sitting there doubting yourself and everyone else we'll just continue on the path we are heading and get better its that simple.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The gap between the best Peach and best 'insert other character herer thats got that one super incredible player' is massive, yes - but this is the point of these match up threads, so that we can improve our knowledge of the match up by sharing tips and the like

What Raz has said is true but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have the discussion
Whilst I am probably never going to need any of the paticularly in depth stuff thats said here, I would like to see Peach really break through this wall of MK's and show she is viable

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't have much to say here and don't think I will but.... learn to grab better, like I was told last night and knew dash grab is a no no. Run shield or walk shield grab is better. Turnips in the air as a defense is good as turnip usage is over all is great but "sometimes just throwing them isn't enough or good. Try to actually run around and use them like there banana's in a way. Try to get early upsmashes, quick jump nairs and sidetilt kills are usually the kills I get on mk. Also learn to use shutterstep fsmash. Which also beats tornado most of the time.if in tornado most of the time nairing it is good or if coming in from the sides bair is great if aimed for the center. That is all.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This match up is a game of cat and mouse. You are always the mouse and can never be the cat, at all. You dare try being the cat, you are asking to get the crap beating out of you. (this applies to Marth as well) how does a mouse come out victorious from a cat? If you ever watch tom and jerry, the way Jerry handles tom. thats how you are suppose to do it here.

You have no buissness approaching meta. At all. Let him come to you. You can attack him from distance. He can't If he wants to hurt you, he has to come to you. Plus need to keep your Kill moves fresh. Meta is not that heavy and lucky for us, he can die well from us.

Lot's have been said here so I'll just add what you need in this match.

- Patience. If you play aggressive, throw this match out the window, you are not winning. Patience is important here for you don't need to be approaching meta. learn to be defensive, playing aggressive will have meta end you sooner than you expect. Certain characters you need to play aggressive. meta is NOT one of them. He is not having that.

- Evasion. You need to have good evasion when Meta is all over you. Once meta gets his hits in and is on you, he can stay on your azz and even kill you for it. So you need to know how to break away. With platforms this makes it hard, but easier at the same time. Learn how to break free him his pressure/rampage. Once you do, you can start the process of getting damage from turnips and having him come to you.

- Spacing. This is also important. With you have good spacing, it will make it hard for meta to touch you. His range is not that good. Only time he has decent range is his Ftilt and and think Fsmash. Bait his moves and space yours. Done right, you can break his crap and hit him. Add turnips to your spacing if in fear you kill moves will get weak. Just don't pick them up at the wrong time.

- Speed/quick relfexes. This is one of the reasons I find meta fun to play against. Cause with him, I have to play so fast. somewhat reminds me of melee. Don't stay in one place for too long. Don't roll alot, you will just eat a Dsmash or move into his attacks. Make it hard for meta to pin point you. This can reduce the chance or stupid kills he can get on you. This is also important cause his range is not all that. Meta hits your shield, recat as fast as possible with a counter attack. Meta sidesteps? short hop Dair or FC>bair if looking the other way. See meata rolling on to the stage? Reverse Fsmash him. But be quick about it all. The faster you are, the more problems meta will have. More than expected. Even for a character like Peach.

To me these are the 4 most important factors for beating this broken character. The most important one to me I would say is patience. Even if you suck at the last 3, patience can make up for it. Use these 4 things and use them as combinations. Or all at once if you are good at them.

Becareful when you have distance. Cause most will tornado to you. really when you wanna glide toss. so that is why when there is distance, I move in slowly and don't really bother getting a turnip. Cause they would tornado to you. And if he spamms Nado, limit the use of turnips and be aware of a tornado when you have a distance between you two. Turnips are a must and do help. But careful when getting one, really when he is at a distance he can reach you with tornado.

This pretty much goes for anything else you do, cause he you can do an air attack and meta can just tornado you out of it. Keep your eyes on meta all the time. Also I don't see many people doing this, and I seriously don't get why. But when Meta tornados your shield, aim it to where he is. Done right, Meta can NOT shield stab you, then punish out the shield with a grab or dash attack out of shield. Hell, even Jab him out of shield. This is what I always do to meta,s who tornado me and I shield. Seriously, your shield is more godly then you think.

And Metas to spot dodge to Dsmashes are typical metas. They will do anything to that move cause it is quick, so of course people will abuse it. Thats why I just short hop Dair and tell them to p[ack it up. But smart metas would replace that with Up-B out of shield or Nairs. Sometimes Fairs.

Ways to Deal with the Tornado:

(Distance tornado rush)- This is when a Meta spaces or camps moves like down air and know you won't move into them. So at this time a Peach would usually get a turnip. Then they move in with a tornado and hit you. Or if you are close to them and run away to get space or a turnip, a tornado would follow. So be aware of this. And get ready to Fsmash him.

(Tornado wall)- Ok I don't see many people doing this and I seriously don't know why. When Meta tornados your shield, MOVE your shield to where he is. Do this and meta will NOT, thats correct, NOT, shield stab you. No matter how small it is. Peach is not a big, fat character. She is one of the many few that can get away with this. From there, Dash attack out of shield, Ground float out of shield to an air attack. Or grab. Depends on how far he lands away from you.

(Tornado counter reversal)- If you ever get caught in it, Tap the contol stick up as fast as you can and the jump button. You will be able to jump out of it. Things I do is I jump out and float. Then Dair him and hits him out of it. Or jump and when he tornado is over and he falls to the floor, I fall right after and Dair or Nair. I can break out of that move like 80% of the time now.

(Tornado Break)- You can break the tornado by aiming for the for corners of the move. While People like Edreese do it with Bairs. I do it fair airs (just easier for me). All turnips can break the tornado. You have to play basket ball now. If you can shoot a turnip in the center of the move, it will clap him out of it. No matter what turnip it is. You gotta go for them three pointers. I was telling Mikey about this. Also if you are on a stage with platforms and he tornados, you can use the platforms to get above him and throw one straight down inside. Sometimes I just jump over meta and throw a turnip down. Really them spammy ones.

getting back on the stage is a pain. Don't test metas moves while recovering. Just leave them alone. To avoid a fight is not to start one. So don't Cause you gonna leave yourself open and take hits. Just chill out and move in and out in the air. Screw trying to fight him in the air cause you mostly likely gonna lose when returning. Just worry about getting back and don't abuse your air dodge out of fear when he is near you, you will take easy hits. Just move in and out and don't rush to get back on stage. You will be surprised on how this simple crap works.

Don't keep trying to get or focus on turnips so much. Cause you will just be open for a tornado. Most of these metas will just space moves and see if you would try and rush in and get hit. If not then the next thing is to see if you would run off to a turnip or float to some air attack, thats when they go in for the tornado. So just keep your eye on meta at all times.

If meta glides attacks you, toad it. screw trying to go and hit him with an air attack. Just toad it. if he does it out the shield and goes to glide attack. Toad it. If you seem him recovering to the stage glide attacking, go out and toad him. You 2 things can happen

- Meta takes the hit
- he does nothing and goes through you (In fear he would get spores to the face)

Ether way it is good for you. Now if he wants to cancel his up-B, You already got him where you want him. Why? Cause not you got that ******* second guessing wether or not to strike or not. And tokk away one of his best killing options. Not if you feel he catches on and he would cancel his glide attack when you go near him, you can just go out and nair him. I say Nair cause that move is not all that for killing, so why burn a kill move and stale it if he is not gonna die to begin with, save that free hit for a move like Nair. Now you can mess with his head about glide attack. or even attack out of the shield with up-B. Mindgames

Space your moves correctly. Make sure your spacing is good. Not ok but GOOD. Go beyond good and you are in better shape. meta can't punish you at all if you shace your air attacks. For Fsmashes it depends on distances with what ever Fsmash you get. A fsmash can push people back, and if then wanna come in after you from shield, Jab meta. He can't hit you. The slick thing he would try to do is the typical up-B. Weave when meta gets near you or roll away. No punishment for meta to take advantage of there. Space glide tosses out of shield too.

The next thing is master ground floating your air attacks. I was doing thise to metas and it becomes hard for meta to hit you or punish out of shield. the best way to take on meta is on the ground. His ground game is not all that compared to his air game. This applies for Marth and lucario. You see how good they are in the air compair to the ground? his is where they start the ****. So best thing to do? Not give them that option. This can also apply to having a good ground game.

So if you people don't ground float alot, I suggest you start busting out your wiis and get to doing that. Do that until it is second nature. Increase your reaction time. And start dound it out of shield. Sometimes when you do it out of the shield, people can shield before your attacks hit. This is dude to the distance of the spacing of the enemies attack. So pat close attacking to this. If this happens roll away. Don't stay near meta. Though this may not be a wise choice ether, and I will let you know why.

Your shield is really important to beating meta. After you ground float a move or space one, shield cause meta would usually attack. There is no way the are grabbing you. After they attack, you can dish out yours by jumping out of shield or ground floating out of it. Not this is if meta goes in on you. if he spaces the moves, just get the hell out of there. Leave meta alone swining at the air. he can't do anything to you and you should not be greedy to wanna hit him. Go get a turnip Or just watch what he does next.

I know you Peach's love the air alot. If you wanna beat this clown, limit that. Learn to take him on the ground. Even if you are in the air, you can fight him on the ground. Meta is not that quick in the air. and it is hard to beat his moves in the air. Remember this. What goes up. must come down. Meta has to touch the floor some times. You can bring your air game to the ground and it makes your spacing and combat speed much better if you was air born.

His shield, gets beating up bad and he becomes easy to hit out of it. his shield does not hold out long to pressure. Anyone who can pressure meta well can pund on him. and arent we lucky that Peach is a beast at pressure? But learn to do it right.

As for recovering, this may sound stupid as hell ut it works, and when I told a few of my other students to do this, they see a difference. When you are comming back and meta is near you, don't do anything at all. Just move away. Most metas (that are smart anyway) love to just sit there and abuse air dodges, and since ours is utter crap, thats what they look for. then get you. remeber, he is not quick in the air. if you have good reaction time, you can see an assult comming that hit him. Don't **** your pants and get scared, then air dodge. Your air dodge is not atool for evasion. it's mind game. the best thing you can do with this character is pull away. You give meta nothing to react too. So he has to make the first blow. Then you can ether air dodge or time an attack.

If you can ane meta is not near you when coming back, recover low. its not that easy for characters (yes even meta) to hit you from below. Now if meta is under you.my lil tip of pulling away wont do much. So you have 2 choices. Timne a dair, or time a air dodge. Some times in this case you CAN pull away to get that postion to do what I just said above. So don't think you alway can't when he is right there.

And learn my trick I call the turnip juggle. You grab a turnip, toss it up, grab another one, toss that up, then jump and Z grab the first you toss and toss it up again and do the same for the second. Then grab another. If you want you chain 2 turnip juggles and toss it off stage, so you have 2 turnips going out at the anemy, then you can follw up with an assult. You can aslo link a turnip juggle to a turnip cancel off stages. To cover more vertical range. And even horizontal range. Then go in for an assult of bait moves/airdodges and attack. You can have about three turnips guarding the air at once. Even 4. You would have to tunip juggle, Then platform cancel a turnip and toss it up. Then run back and quickly do it again as the turnip is about to come down and durnip cancel to a Z drop and grab the air. Do you realize how much you have covered? Just picture it for a min.

Spacing can Make it hard for meta to hit you. His air moves don't have much range. Dsmash is quick but can leave him open. And Fsmash is not that fast. but does have range. His Ftilt and Dtilt have range. So look out for that. But he has to be in a netural position for that. Now with these moves let turnips geat with this, not your hands. if you can't get one at the time, just leave him alone. You dont always have to swing at meta. And you reallt dont need to be in the air against him nether. Seriously, you don't.

Tunrips slow him down and he is not quick in the air to begin with. so start using my turnip juggle. wether on stage or on stage. Get to work on that. And learn to fight with a turnip in hand. People expect to many typical things from this character, like a turnip toss to a Fair then jab or Dsmash. You don't always have to those the turnip first. Fight with it in your hand. i can increase your pressure game . For if you are ground floating and spacing moves, you can tossa turnip inbetween and thencan start more pressure, stop an attack or bait moves. metas don't like thier shield being pounded alot. To Bad Blondes in Pink dresses dont give a damm.

Meta is not a lost cause when Peach fight him. He seriously is not. He is hard to deal with. But what people fail to realize is that Peach has alot of tolls that can do seriously damage. Thing is, no oneis abusing them at all. and even have typical game play with Peach. and people have already gone seen all this crap. So give them something that they can see, but can't figure out or deal with at all. Or something they can't expect.

So outside the typical match up on meta, you really wanna take this fool down? Use all that I said here. But you will ailat this if

- You have poor control of Peach
- Reaction time is slow
- Spacing is not good.
- Ground floating and doing it out of shield is not good.

And most important. Don't let this character get to you. If you see a big d\man or some player using meta on you, who gives a ****. They can feel safe all they want and have all that confidence in the world cause he is meta fighing a Peach. Cause I beat when one finds out they have to play a Peach, they are so relaxed, and like. "yea, I got this not much to worry about, I'm a big name and I have meta, it's all good" Don't worry about all of that, thats how big names or high tier placers are. Just wild out on them. Worry about your game. All that will turn into sweat drops on your opponent when they are about to lose and wonder wtf just happend. Underation is the greatest weapon. And feeling safe is the worst feeling you can have. Lets see if you can understand what I mean by this...........what, I can't give you all the answers. Gotta learn how to think for yourselves.

There is three things you need to know and get good control of.

The first is spacing. Space your moves correctly. Make sure your spacing is good. Not ok but GOOD. Go beyond good and you are in better shape. meta can't punish you at all if you shace your air attacks. For Fsmashes it depends on distances with what ever Fsmash you get. A fsmash can push people back, and if then wanna come in after you from shield, Jab meta. He can't hit you. The slick thing he would try to do is the typical up-B. Weave when meta gets near you or roll away. No punishment for meta to take advantage of there. Space glide tosses out of shield too.

The next thing is master ground floating your air attacks. I was doing thise to metas and it becomes hard for meta to hit you or punish out of shield. the best way to take on meta is on the ground. His ground game is not all that compared to his air game. This applies for Marth and lucario. You see how good they are in the air compair to the ground? his is where they start the ****. So best thing to do? Not give them that option. This can also apply to having a good ground game.

So if you people don't ground float alot, I suggest you start busting out your wiis and get to doing that. Do that until it is second nature. Increase your reaction time. And start dound it out of shield. Sometimes when you do it out of the shield, people can shield before your attacks hit. This is dude to the distance of the spacing of the enemies attack. So pat close attacking to this. If this happens roll away. Don't stay near meta. Though this may not be a wise choice ether, and I will let you know why.

Your shield is really important to beating meta. After you ground float a move or space one, shield cause meta would usually attack. There is no way the are grabbing you. After they attack, you can dish out yours by jumping out of shield or ground floating out of it. Not this is if meta goes in on you. if he spaces the moves, just get the hell out of there. Leave meta alone swining at the air. he can't do anything to you and you should not be greedy to wanna hit him. Go get a turnip Or just watch what he does next.

I know you Peach's love the air alot. If you wanna beat this clown, limit that. Learn to take him on the ground. Even if you are in the air, you can fight him on the ground. Meta is not that quick in the air. and it is hard to beat his moves in the air. Remember this. What goes up. must come down. Meta has to touch the floor some times. You can bring your air game to the ground and it makes your spacing and combat speed much better if you was air born.

His shield, gets beating up bad and he becomes easy to hit out of it. his shield does not hold out long to pressure. Anyone who can pressure meta well can pund on him. and arent we lucky that Peach is a beast at pressure? But learn to do it right.

As for recovering, this may sound stupid as hell ut it works, and when I told a few of my other students to do this, they see a difference. When you are comming back and meta is near you, don't do anything at all. Just move away. Most metas (that are smart anyway) love to just sit there and abuse air dodges, and since ours is utter crap, thats what they look for. then get you. remeber, he is not quick in the air. if you have good reaction time, you can see an assult comming that hit him. Don't **** your pants and get scared, then air dodge. Your air dodge is not atool for evasion. it's mind game. the best thing you can do with this character is pull away. You give meta nothing to react too. So he has to make the first blow. Then you can ether air dodge or time an attack.

If you can ane meta is not near you when coming back, recover low. its not that easy for characters (yes even meta) to hit you from below. Now if meta is under you.my lil tip of pulling away wont do much. So you have 2 choices. Timne a dair, or time a air dodge. Some times in this case you CAN pull away to get that postion to do what I just said above. So don't think you alway can't when he is right there.

And learn my trick I call the turnip juggle. You grab a turnip, toss it up, grab another one, toss that up, then jump and Z grab the first you toss and toss it up again and do the same for the second. Then grab another. If you want you chain 2 turnip juggles and toss it off stage, so you have 2 turnips going out at the anemy, then you can follw up with an assult. You can aslo link a turnip juggle to a turnip cancel off stages. To cover more vertical range. And even horizontal range. Then go in for an assult of bait moves/airdodges and attack. You can have about three turnips guarding the air at once. Even 4. You would have to tunip juggle, Then platform cancel a turnip and toss it up. Then run back and quickly do it again as the turnip is about to come down and durnip cancel to a Z drop and grab the air. Do you realize how much you have covered? Just picture it for a min.

Spacing can Make it hard for meta to hit you. His air moves don't have much range. Dsmash is quick but can leave him open. And Fsmash is not that fast. but does have range. His Ftilt and Dtilt have range. So look out for that. But he has to be in a netural position for that. Now with these moves let turnips geat with this, not your hands. if you can't get one at the time, just leave him alone. You dont always have to swing at meta. And you reallt dont need to be in the air against him nether. Seriously, you don't.

Tunrips slow him down and he is not quick in the air to begin with. so start using my turnip juggle. wether on stage or on stage. Get to work on that. And learn to fight with a turnip in hand. People expect to many typical things from this character, like a turnip toss to a Fair then jab or Dsmash. You don't always have to those the turnip first. Fight with it in your hand. i can increase your pressure game . For if you are ground floating and spacing moves, you can tossa turnip inbetween and thencan start more pressure, stop an attack or bait moves. metas don't like thier shield being pounded alot. To Bad Blondes in Pink dresses dont give a damm.

Meta is not a lost cause when Peach fight him. He seriously is not. He is hard to deal with. But what people fail to realize is that Peach has alot of tolls that can do seriously damage. Thing is, no oneis abusing them at all. and even have typical game play with Peach. and people have already gone seen all this crap. So give them something that they can see, but can't figure out or deal with at all. Or something they can't expect.

Meta is a joke to me. No matter how many times I lose to this fool, he does not annoy me and is a chump. I have no right to quit or complain about this character when I have not used mines to her full extent. No one has. So me wasting time counterpick other characters and saying Peach just can't do it when I have not even unleashed 100% fury is something I can't do. When I do that and still get whooped, then I'll say it. But until then, hell no. Punk *** can't scarme me away. and if I go 100% with Peach and actually start giving meta the biss, then I will be happy. and hard wok pays off. Typical mind of this community with tiers and character match ups is not gonna stop me from being a beast and doing **** people would not dare to think could happen with Peach. And the reason I don't counterpick characters. That be a waste of my time I could be investing in Peach to actually maybe find and learn things to work and use for the future and see how it goes.

So outside the typical match up on meta, you really wanna take this fool down? Use all that I said here. But you will ailat this if

- You have poor control of Peach
- Reaction time is slow
- Spacing is not good.
- Ground floating and doing it out of shield is not good.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i gotcha rick haha. and in general i don't really mean one amazing person for certain characters being much better than the best peaches, I'm talking about several. The olimars, the MKs, the warios, the sonics (X and when shugo and malcolm still used him and prob other sonics idk about), the zero suits, the pikachus, etc. in general just have better players than us. we gotta step it up.

oh and DP i kinda tl/dr ur post but the ending is true 'cept for ground floating oos being bad. ground float bair oos is a good option, and if u hit a shield just cross him up w/ the float and land behind him. ground float fair oos cud be a good mix-up for a surprise kill.

i just think that we need to make the best out of all of our options. it's kind of liiiiiiike X's sonic i guess. Him doing beastly w/ a pretty alright character by making the best out of his mostly ****ty options.

and yeah kyon, not only a stutter step fsmash but like spacing ftilt works too. i think the strong part breaks nado and the weak hit just kinda clashes. doesn't negate it but it does make MK wary about using nado aaaand ftilt is a faster option. you can actually react to nado with it. fsmash is slower so like if i guess it'd be more useful if MK tries to nado you from the air. if he's on the ground though a whiffed fsmash is gonna get punished for sure.

and i think keepin our float heights lower than usual helps a ton too. if we're too high then nado and up b are way powerful or MK's aerials in general. if we're too low (ground float) then tilts/smashes gay us. at mid height around mk's mask though our fair can keep most of his approaches in check. a big problem is running out of real estate though. it's hard to fight mk without getting pinned to the edge somehow lol.

ideas ppl ;O

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
sladsdsadd @ dark pch's long *** post.
Yea thats what I was thinking - thats one hell of a page stretch DP, not to mention that pretty much all of that is copy/pasted from other stuff you've said before. I can't recall how many times I've seen the 'This match up is a game of cat and mouse' line :p

I'm not discouraging your input but it would have been a bit easier on the scrolling if you'd just done some links instead. Plus, it would be nice to have some new/fresh input

And again, Raz is speaking the truth for everything lol
What Nicole is saying about recovery is hella gay though. Could you DI sharply upwards if he continually reverse shuttle loops you? Although that might not work if he hits you with the part that sends you horizontally down...

z00ted

This matchup is a game of cat and mouse.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What Nicole is saying about recovery is hella gay though. Could you DI sharply upwards if he continually reverse shuttle loops you? Although that might not work if he hits you with the part that sends you horizontally down...
I've been in that exact situation before against M2K, Kel, and other competent MK players. If they know what they're doing, there's no getting out of it. If you're limited down to your parasol, there's definitely no escaping the shuttle loop. Trust me.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if u have ur float u can still try to float up to mk and bait the loop or u can even try to fair stagespike. and on the last page i already mentioned ways to use up b when ur in that situation. if ur brave u cud go for a bomber vs MK if he's hovering under the stage hmm...and i guess toad works as well. u'd die but u cud stagespike mk. hmm and i guess bomber back to the stage and try to land above the ledge.

idk, there's more we cud do but they're all ****ty options. at any rate it's not the end of the world.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
From my experience, it's best to side-b from high above the stage after you DI/momentum cancel. Then from there it's a guessing game. I use Mikey's advice w/ using Bair/Uair(<yes it works) to avoid attacks and land to the ground quicker. Sometimes I use Toad to stall.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea thats what I was thinking - thats one hell of a page stretch DP, not to mention that pretty much all of that is copy/pasted from other stuff you've said before. I can't recall how many times I've seen the 'This match up is a game of cat and mouse' line :p

I'm not discouraging your input but it would have been a bit easier on the scrolling if you'd just done some links instead. Plus, it would be nice to have some new/fresh input
I'm basically gonna tell you the same ****, just in a different way. So there is no reason for me to type something again when I already said it. Till this day it is the same method to beat meta. Now if you have a problem with it, then just don't listen to me and listen to the others. That simple.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If it's the method to beat mk then why hasn't a good mk main who knows the MU lost before? Unless by beat you mean "get ***** less hard".

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
From my experience, it's best to side-b from high above the stage after you DI/momentum cancel. Then from there it's a guessing game. I use Mikey's advice w/ using Bair/Uair(<yes it works) to avoid attacks and land to the ground quicker. Sometimes I use Toad to stall.
i'd be careful w/ toad stall though. mk is suuuper fast. toad stalls can easily end up in eating a shuttle loop.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
It's always good to spam turnips upwards in a matchup (especially this one). It always makes Metaknight think twice about aproaching you with Tornado. Especially if you're playing defensive against him. It's really, the only move he has to close distance on you. Fsmash breaks through tornado. Not sure about the Frying pan, but the Racket and the Golf club do for sure.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I dislike fighting Peach, a LOT.

I think Peach has the tools to handle an aggro MK, but if we're playing really gay, we can camp you REALLY hard. We can guarantee that we get on a stage with platforms, and we can play really gay against you with platforms.

Idk if the MK is a *** who's willing to time you out without any hesitation at all (like me), this is a REALLY tough matchup for you, I think; because you can't really safely approach him AT ALL.

It's a frustrating matchup in my opinion as an MK, in that I have the tools to play really aggro, but you can definitely beat it, so the most optimal solution BY FAR is to play REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY gay, so from now on I'm saying "**** Peach" and I'm never approaching you guys ever again (except maybe to land a single tornado, or shuttle loop or something. And maybe not even that much. I hate Peach and I'm willing to go to a draw with this dumb character from now on).

I guess I'd say with heavy camping, it's way in our advantage, but if the MK is willing to play aggro, it's a lot better for you.

Ehh if I were a Peach player I'd get a secondary for MK, just in case you meet one of those gay *** MKs who'll time you out.

/opinionofascrub

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I dislike fighting Peach, a LOT.

I think Peach has the tools to handle an aggro MK, but if we're playing really gay, we can camp you REALLY hard. We can guarantee that we get on a stage with platforms, and we can play really gay against you with platforms.

Idk if the MK is a *** who's willing to time you out without any hesitation at all (like me), this is a REALLY tough matchup for you, I think; because you can't really safely approach him AT ALL.

It's a frustrating matchup in my opinion as an MK, in that I have the tools to play really aggro, but you can definitely beat it, so the most optimal solution BY FAR is to play REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY gay, so from now on I'm saying "**** Peach" and I'm never approaching you guys ever again (except maybe to land a single tornado, or shuttle loop or something. And maybe not even that much. I hate Peach and I'm willing to go to a draw with this dumb character from now on).

I guess I'd say with heavy camping, it's way in our advantage, but if the MK is willing to play aggro, it's a lot better for you.

Ehh if I were a Peach player I'd get a secondary for MK, just in case you meet one of those gay *** MKs who'll time you out.

/opinionofascrub
I do have to agree, that MK can camp HARD. But, I think Peach can out do him if he tries to camp. She can barage him with projectiles and have a better chance of pulling out a nice item while doing so. MK's distance for camping only goes so far.

Top Bottom