• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i think we need to start by nairing like fox

we have more range and 2 hits

we should use to way more
I wish it were that easy... you know when you play someone that's really good and you try to nair them? you usually end up losing a stock. I mean its a good move but if your opponent baits it you can get grabbed/hit by pretty much anything.

which is why you have to be better

edit: inception story
i went to the bathroom to pee after the movie, and some kid standing in line was talking to his friend and he was like "dude, so what happens when that thing stops spinning? I dont get it."

what was that guy doing the ENTIRE MOVIE to not understand that?

D

Deleted member

b-air to pivot n-air solves almost everything

gsg: got 17th :( but played scar/hax/jeff a lot :)

Hax

Smash Champion
team Hax$car was too much fun, good sh*t bobby thanks for everything

we ended so many careers

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
edit: inception story
i went to the bathroom to pee after the movie, and some kid standing in line was talking to his friend and he was like "dude, so what happens when that thing stops spinning? I dont get it."

what was that guy doing the ENTIRE MOVIE to not understand that?
LOL poor kid.

Inception is BEAST. With the amount of money that goes into big movies these days, things like that and Toy Story 3 should really be standard. Glad someone out there uses their brains when making movies still. <3

i had a gay bracket

edit: looking at the bracket almost any 2nd round opponent woulda ***** me
Gay brackets are never caused by Falcons, not even for other players. Falcon too good. <3
You'll get them soon enough!

we ended so many careers
LOL

D

Deleted member

m2k currently living in dunk's house with me

he has terrible fuking habits for the 2nd best player in the world

D

Deleted member

When i asked him on advice: he says: Don't get grabbed, get grabs

other random stuff:

every good falcon m2k faced he says just n-airs into him and gets pwned

i can take a match here or there (1 out of 6) but you have to do absolutely **** combos

stomp jab reset reverse knee off the edge go after him and knee again

m2k is a very pattern player who sits by the edge and hopes that you mess up and get grabbed and thrown off

of the top professionals his intentions are fairly obvious, i can guess with certainty 2/3 of his techs

what no falcon does is SDI the jab reset up below 32~ to buffer jump away (that's what i do all the time)

m2k claims he is not used to full hopping, i literally sometimes empty full jump at him and grab him while he is shielding

and if you are beneath the stage, there is absolutely no way to get back because standing needles hit below falcon's sweetspot (both normal and reverse)

M2k also has an almost pitiful marth vs falcon game which is why i think he thinks its 60-40

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've actually heard the same thing about m2k from other players who've faced him saying he has terrible habits because he's so pattern oriented lol

D

Deleted member

he also drank all my milk

what an ashole

randomly during the match he will say WHOA HOW DID THAT HAPPEN and i become a participant in his field testing such as:

if i can buffer roll away from a shiek grab after n-airing from the edge

etc

one thing i will say about m2k though is that he is a genuinely nice guy but maybe too sensitive

D

Deleted member

only way hes quitting brawl is if metaknight is banned

he has a LOT of fun with brawl although he claims he is getting sorta bored because he is the clear #1

JPOBS

Smash Hero
brawl can be fun for like 2 matches

not like genuinely fun though, more like laughing at yourself cuz you grab the ledge, try to quickly ledgehop aerial, and fail.

D

Deleted member

m2k left to play with brawlers

overall i haven't learned much in the shiek matchup from m2k

other than what m2k is bad against

aerials that land behind him, full jumps, obvious techs

he just camps edge tilts --> grab --> gimp. Another habit he does is to stand up from the edge and try to grab immediately to gimp. You can literally charge a down-smash and he will stand up from the edge because he is extremely greedy and wants that grab just to get kicked in the face

he loves to f-air the air really fast then land and either tilt, spot dodge, jab <-- I'm not good at punishing this yet

His tech chases are escapable if u do the SDI trick and buffer a jump. Otherwise, his tech chases (on FD) are almost guaranteed death. He also loves to pick FD right away due to "habit"

he obviously has great fundamentals of the game but his game play is fairly obvious. I see now why Mango is wayyyyyyyy better than him, but I still think M2k is still 2nd best overall just because his technical fundamentals are so dam good that being sort of 1 dimensional is ok. I'm convinced that at least for Shiek vs Falcon he is a 1 trick pony but his 1 trick is so effective that it clearly doesn't matter vs 99.999999999999999999999999% of falcons

What Jason is pretty good at doing though is picking up on your habits, he picks up on your tech rolls even though Shiek can cover almost every option every time and knows when you are going to jump/ double jump (out of fear). The only other person (that I have faced) that can do this well is Mango

a decent combo to basic edgeguarding nets you a fairly easy kill. Unfortunately I am terrible at edgeguarding. Most 'easy' things in this game are much harder to me than the 'hard', technical stuff. Jason even picked up on how much i suk weiners on edgeguarding and sweetspots the edge 70% of the time for me to miss almost every time

m2k says falcon vs shiek is 35-65. I disagree. I think Fox/Falco/Shiek is about the same but it comes down to your playstyle vs your opponents. All of them are approximately 60-40 against Falcon

In other words, I am genuinely surprised that great Falcons get completely butt fuked by him but this is probably the result of me having massive Mango training

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
what no falcon does is SDI the jab reset up below 32~ to buffer jump away (that's what i do all the time)
lmao I remember when m2k and SS were housing at my place in washington and he was playing a friendly as sheik vs... I think SW's falcon?? and SW did that ****, and M2K yelled "OMFG don't tell Silentspectre about that!!" and SS woke up (he was sleeping on the carpet) and M2K freaked out like "WHOA HAS HE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME? Is he housing here?" and we were all like "m2k you've been here for hours how have you not noticed silentspectre sleeping on the floor a few feet away from the TV"

he also drank all my milk

what an ashole

randomly during the match he will say WHOA HOW DID THAT HAPPEN and i become a participant in his field testing such as:
LMFAO at these

the milk thing

oh god

he got to my campbell's soup too

m2k says falcon vs shiek is 35-65. I disagree. I think Fox/Falco/Shiek is about the same but it comes down to your playstyle vs your opponents. All of them are approximately 60-40 against Falcon
you are the coolest falcon main ever

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
lmao I remember when m2k and SS were housing at my place in washington and he was playing a friendly as sheik vs... I think SW's falcon?? and SW did that ****, and M2K yelled "OMFG don't tell Silentspectre about that!!" and SS woke up (he was sleeping on the carpet) and M2K freaked out like "WHOA HAS HE BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME? Is he housing here?" and we were all like "m2k you've been here for hours how have you not noticed silentspectre sleeping on the floor a few feet away from the TV"

LMFAO at these

the milk thing

oh god

he got to my campbell's soup too

you are the coolest falcon main ever
AHHAHAHAH that's so Jason like. I think the more you get to know him, the more you like him. He really is that funny though.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
s2j
1) sup
2) stop posting on my name!!!
3) i drank very little milk, esp considering it's all I had and you said it was okay! super exaggerator!!!
4) experimenting is the best way to learn/improve that's why i do it
5) I do think falcon counters marth, and bobmoney will back me up on this. Once falcon gets marth to 30%, you up throw double uair or up throw uair regrab (if they DI away) then up throw uair knee at 50 or double uair or uair to edge hog, depending on the DI. Up throw at 70-90 is a knee. Down throw at 60 to away DI is a knee. I think it's 6:4 falcon more or less, and is marth's 2nd worst matchup after Sheik due to the up throw and no other reason. Marth's best chance is to camp the ledge after getting a % lead so Falcon is forced to come to him.
6) yea mango is way better, altho I also do that normal-get-up from the ledge to grab kind of because I like being greedy cuz it's kind of funny. i think armada/hbox are probably better than me now also, it's just I have a lot of characters to counterpick people with. idk really anymore, I kinda just wanna play brawl right now then Melee after the MLG season maybe (and/or college stuff)
7) i think ur style counters mine slightly, but you are also a top 5 falcon
8) I'm not playing melee if I quit brawl. I would quit both. I travel to tourneys because it's profitable, but otherwise I'm not gonna fly if the only character I play in Brawl is banned, it is just not worth it or reliable anymore. I would stop traveling :/

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
if a captain falcon grabs sheik @ something like 30-40% and they di away and you dash and do uair, what can you follow up wih (assuming they di away)
i try to regrab but they go to far, i try to uair again but they're to low. it might be possible though if you do it faster/better (?)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
what do you guys think about marth vs falcon?

i have no idea what to think about this matchup

against most falcons, i feel that the matchup is about even.

but i've only played against 2 falcon players that actually make the matchup FEEL like it was legitimately in falcon's favor (hax and gg7. i'm not even sure about gg7 anymore. that might have just been my saltiness speaking, but i stand by hax). i've played vs pretty much all the top falcons (scar, hax, darkrain, SS, s2j, GG7 if he counts)

HOWEVER i only played like, 1 friendly with scar and a really wonky set vs darkrain that i don't feel i should hold as any sort of legitimate evidence, but even watching his matches vs other marths, i don't see him doing anything particularly making the matchup gay for marth.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
if the falcon knows the matchup its in his favor.

aka hax knows the matchup well

his style is suited for it

basically you just have to bait marth and **** off a grab

i think if you go after marth aka what most falcons do

its in marths favor

it can go either way

so lets say its even

legion598

Smash Ace
I think it is pretty even. some marths **** falcons by camping and sum falcons **** marths by bating/comboing. honestly, I have more trouble against falco than shiek so ya I think that fox/shiek/falco around 60/40 depending on your playstyle

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
m2k just called s2j a top 5 falcon
hax,darkrain, SS, scar...S2j!?!?!?!

jona, nando, jeapie,

u mad?
its DEFINITELY

SS, darkrain, mach dash, hax, scar

if you wanna get into the "top 5 falcons" business :P

edit: not implying that s2j isn't like, probably one of the fastest rising like WC champions, but I think the top 3 are cemented and one of hax/scar would have to go first ;o

Top Bottom