• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I meant under the influence lawl, and I was. Seriously, I'm going to say my little brother posted that last night but I know he didn't because he is incapable of typing >_>....

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I thought the falcon/female matchup was 100-0? Surely no straight woman would turn down Falcon since he is so manly and makes even the straight guys seem gay.
Sheik. Even if she (Zelda) grows up to be a cross-dresser, the match-up is still redicalous. D:<

_kSo_

Smash Master
prog, i think at apex one of your crew members (falco player?) played me for a while. I don't think I got to play you though...pretty sure you were near or around my setup for most of the morning though haha

next time...

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
prog, i think at apex one of your crew members (falco player?) played me for a while. I don't think I got to play you though...pretty sure you were near or around my setup for most of the morning though haha

next time...
hmm, the falco player in our crew (besides me) didn't make it to apex. i know in tourney, i definitely played more falcon than falco, nando has cursed me.

Animal

Smash Lord
i went all fox and did pretty good. sry falcons, but ur character just sucks

love you guys though

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, where should I be trying to position myself on the stage? I've recently noticed that stage control is SUPER important and uhh.....where does Falcon fare the best at? The center of the stage, on platforms, the edge, etc...

PS: I'm pretty sure it's not the edge....

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
The best position for you to be at depends on where your opponent is located. It's a very situational thing and there isn't a general "always good spot".

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
under them

with them in between you and the ledge

close enough for you to running sh nair them, but far enough away that they cant hit you with anything without running at you for a little while first (this changes vs falco, and sort of vs luigi maybe cause his wd ftilt is so long)

note that this distance varies matchup to matchup; for example you need to be kind of far from sheik, marth, fox, IC, and fast characters like that, but you dont actually need to be that far away from peach, ganon, jiggs, and other horizontally slow characters. i think falcons dash sh nair is just about the farthest a move can travel in this game though (possible exception luigi), so you will pretty much always be able to find a window in which they have to watch out for you and you dont have to watch out for them

inspired in part by lucien's spacing tutorial video

Bozo

Smash Cadet
How do you pressure a fox/falco while there shielding i usually jab>knee jab>knee and sometimes i mix up and go for grabs or wait if they might roll but i get shined out of shield by (good spacie players)
i really want to know what goes wrong in those moment is it my speed of doing it or is it the distance i have to keep to not get shined or is it just that spacies got aids. Tell me falcon brothers

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Afro Chris was that you playing against shiz before I.B?

if so nice falcon but you switched to falco! :(

Rich Wheeler

yea it was, shiz asked if i played any other characters n i told him i had a falco then he wanted to see it, i hope that match n my match vs hax gets uploaded i wana see how well i was playing

How do you pressure a fox/falco while there shielding i usually jab>knee jab>knee and sometimes i mix up and go for grabs or wait if they might roll but i get shined out of shield by (good spacie players)
i really want to know what goes wrong in those moment is it my speed of doing it or is it the distance i have to keep to not get shined or is it just that spacies got aids. Tell me falcon brothers
...why pressure if u c a fox or falco spam shield alot u can normally just run up n get a free grab, they normally dont expect it, empty short hop to grab is also very nice cuz their expecting to shield grab ur move, wat i like to do when i am presuring is knee to gentalmen then wave dash back n wait for a roll if not try it again, but im not sure if theirs actually enough shield stun on the knee for it to actually work i dont no if there is frame data proving knee to gentalmen is safe on block.......u can also use ur tilts spaced at the tippy toes those are normally safe i think

Scar

#HarveyDent
you have to be safe with grabs / followup grabs bc spotdodge shine potentially kills you vs either character

if you know you're not gonna make it then just throw an aerial out there and catch them out of their dodge, if they didn't dodge it's still safe if you spaced it right

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
hmm, the falco player in our crew (besides me) didn't make it to apex. i know in tourney, i definitely played more falcon than falco, nando has cursed me.
wtf prog u play a falcon n u didnt ditto me.....man i think im only have u get u a box of timbits at rom n forget the dozen donuts :D

scar 5$ mm at rom? 5$ canadian for 5$ american? =D

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
under them

with them in between you and the ledge

close enough for you to running sh nair them, but far enough away that they cant hit you with anything without running at you for a little while first (this changes vs falco, and sort of vs luigi maybe cause his wd ftilt is so long)

note that this distance varies matchup to matchup; for example you need to be kind of far from sheik, marth, fox, IC, and fast characters like that, but you dont actually need to be that far away from peach, ganon, jiggs, and other horizontally slow characters. i think falcons dash sh nair is just about the farthest a move can travel in this game though (possible exception luigi), so you will pretty much always be able to find a window in which they have to watch out for you and you dont have to watch out for them

inspired in part by lucien's spacing tutorial video
Not only was your post helpful, that video was really good too. Thanks for mentioning it.

Animal

Smash Lord
Get a new treammate cuz Animals some garbage.
stfu etwist baired the **** out of armadas face all dayyyyyyy. MM?

haha and ya im not nearly as confident with my falcon to do it in 2nd round pools ahh i was so close to making bracket iuewpwqerwpqewojmipoqw. friendlies all day tho haha

Bozo

Smash Cadet
Can someone give me advice dealing with fox i am having hard time against them
what to do against fox and not to do against fox tips please ?

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Can someone give me advice dealing with fox i am having hard time against them
what to do against fox and not to do against fox tips please ?
Run the **** away, when he trys to appraoch, run back in and grab his ***.

READ HIS MIND.

Didn't 0-death him on that grab? Sorry, you're ****ed.

Rinse and repeat.

D

Deleted member

spamming defensive n-airs up-airs is way better but u gotta make it safe

if they do the full jump rainbow n-air like a tard then do run away stomp

if you are smarter and slightly pull back or try to go slightly past you space and do a back-air when they are low to to ground

if you b-air too early the nair will clip you

--
tech chasing is simple if u are not fighting a top class player

most will almost always tech one way or another in a same situation

dumb technical players love to tech in place because they want to get up and keep fighting

most players won't do the same tech roll if you punish it

the BEST players are completely random (unless a certain option is guaranteed safe). Mango does the fuken noobiest techs and they work because they are so nooby

---
DI everything you get hit by down and away so you don't get comboed forever, crouch cancel almost everything to minimize damage

if you get up-thrown on a platform , 90% of foxes will cover the tech in place usually you should tech away from where you land unless they are one of the weird foxes who wait

Bozo

Smash Cadet
spamming defensive n-airs up-airs is way better but u gotta make it safe

if they do the full jump rainbow n-air like a tard then do run away stomp

if you are smarter and slightly pull back or try to go slightly past you space and do a back-air when they are low to to ground

if you b-air too early the nair will clip you

--
tech chasing is simple if u are not fighting a top class player

most will almost always tech one way or another in a same situation

dumb technical players love to tech in place because they want to get up and keep fighting

most players won't do the same tech roll if you punish it

the BEST players are completely random (unless a certain option is guaranteed safe). Mango does the fuken noobiest techs and they work because they are so nooby

---
DI everything you get hit by down and away so you don't get comboed forever, crouch cancel almost everything to minimize damage

if you get up-thrown on a platform , 90% of foxes will cover the tech in place usually you should tech away from where you land unless they are one of the weird foxes who wait
thanks for the advice sj2 really appreciate the tips

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
animal, how you going to volunteer me for a mm? gg7/etwist, i'll accept, we split the money 3 ways.

Top Bottom