• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Lost pretty badly to Qlex at SNY two days ago, was pretty much unable to even it out or gain a lead if I was down a stock.

Are there any safe approaches vs ganon?

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol just take ganon to FD, lol i 2 stocked kage there LOL kage were u at son? oh right hiding in quebec no johns come to toronto more u softy

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
When Ganon does something that's not a FAKE opening, then just use your speed?
Well yeah that's a no-brainer. I was more thinking of the least punishable approaches Falcon has available.

Chris: I've noticed that I'm actually bad vs ganon on fd lolol

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Ganon works on baits. Tipman once said ''*****s just run into the fist.''

camp ganon, its simple. just wait for him to **** up or make an unsafe approach, run in and grab. Uthrow nairs, uairs into regrabs are almost gaurenteed on him. he really does get ***** by falcon if you know the matchup.

be wary of getting hit though. good ganons just need 1 hit to put falcon into a REALLY bad spot. once falcon is off the stage, hes dead. hes tooooo easy to edgegaurd. tipman uair spikes make it impossible to recover low as well as fairs cover anything above.

Basically, just dont get hit and combo ganon everytime he makes a mistake. Inexperienced falcons in the matchup will have a lot of trouble because ganon has so many tricks to get in and destroy you when you feel safe. 3 fairs can kill falcon off yoshis if you get hit in mid air and try to recover high. Play smart and camp him and you shouldn't have THAT much trouble.

hope this helped, i can expand more indepthly on a couple other points if you

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When Ganon does something that's not a FAKE opening, then just use your speed?

Kage Warrior where you at? What pisses you off/is difficult when fighting Falcons? (specific things)
Probably only getting out of a grab situation. Pretty much it. =P One grab from Falcon hurts a lot, it's tough to get out of the situation.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I have a problem with my comboing: I cant react to the di from a downthrow, so i usually just end up guessing/predicting how they will di. but obviously reacting is way better.
does anyone have any advice to practice/learn how to react to the di?

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
Watch your opponent. As soon as they leave the choke-slam, they will go in a direction and that will be the trajectory they travel for the duration of the hit-stun.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
hey scar got 2nd this weekend

he beat zelgadis, lucien, shroomed, and falcomist and lost to jeff

we were cheering for scar over jeff this weekend

the people's champ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im teaming with ya boy scar to, the philadelphia flyer & the golden state warrior!!!!

we got this!!!!

Bozo

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to learn wall tech with falcon's mighty UP B i kinda get screwed all the time

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
If that's the case, then I hear that you have to press L/R BEFORE you get hit. Which still doesn't make sense to me.

mers

Smash Ace
If that's the case, then I hear that you have to press L/R BEFORE you get hit. Which still doesn't make sense to me.
You can't input a tech when in hitstun, and the collision with the wall happens while in hitstun (due to smash DI). So you have to input tech within 20 frames before you contact the wall, but also before you get hit. This can make the timing for teching moves with lots of hitstun tricky.

If I'm wrong, somebody correct me.

pockyD

Smash Legend
why not?

a 'tech' (the result, not the input) is something that needs to immediately as you hit the ground; if you input it 'as' you hit the ground, it's already too late because the game has already commited you to the non-tech position

edgeteching is going to be the same way; you need to input the tech before you encounter the wall in the tumbling position. I don't think you ALWAYS need to input it before you get hit, since some things have enough hitlag or weird directionality that keeps you in contact with the wall, but you certainly need to input it before you lose that contact

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i sucked a fat nutsack at apex. lost to lucky, zhu, PC, and D1(who randomly beat PC and forced a play-in match between me and PC).

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
why not?

a 'tech' (the result, not the input) is something that needs to immediately as you hit the ground; if you input it 'as' you hit the ground, it's already too late because the game has already commited you to the non-tech position

edgeteching is going to be the same way; you need to input the tech before you encounter the wall in the tumbling position. I don't think you ALWAYS need to input it before you get hit, since some things have enough hitlag or weird directionality that keeps you in contact with the wall, but you certainly need to input it before you lose that contact
I knew that you had to hit the button(L , for argument's sake) before you hit the wall in order to get the tech. I just thought that you had to press it AFTER you got hit, but BEFORE, you hit the wall. Say if I'm up B'ing, and there is a Falco waiting for me at the ledge with a Dair. Pressing L while I'm in mid air would essentially do nothing b/c I have already used my recovery move; only after I get hit with the Dair am I "reset" to a state where I can be able to tech. That's the point where I would need to press L, so I can tech off of the wall.

^^ I'm not trying to argue my point here, b/c you are obviously right. I was just explaining the logic that lead me to believe that you had to press L in that VERY small window.

-WoMp-

Smash Cadet
marth - 68% - uthrow to knee.
85% - dthrow to knee (g-reg **** nastiness)
shiek - 65-70% somewhere in there - uthrow to knee
fox/falco - 90%+ (? must check i cant remember) (any DI but away) uthrow to knee
peach - around 80% (?) - dthrow to knee.
Click arrow for thread.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
i sucked a fat nutsack at apex. lost to lucky, zhu, PC, and D1(who randomly beat PC and forced a play-in match between me and PC).
I wish they put THAT pool on the livestream.

They put a pool which originally had both M2K and Shiz(which is why they put it on the stream in the first place), but then swapped M2K out for Kage.

Top Bottom