• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
@ eternal yoshi

Yeah you do need the original disc to use, but I say, no biggie. Currently waiting for something that uses cheats on ISO's via SD, or burnt.

n0ne

Smash Ace
lol, steelias iso is so nasty.
but, im having problems inserting other songs into it because HIS songs are 15 mb big, but most of the songs @ the audio melee hacks thread are 30 mb.... :ohwell:

would anyone be willing to modify this problem..? or what can be done? to overcome this trouble?

LuCKy

Smash Master
Its on sleepy's iso
Well I downloaded sleepy's iso right when he first uploaded it and I don't think it was on there then since it isn't on mine lol and I don't really wanna redownload his iso and rebuild it to my liking. . . My hand ****in hurts by the time I replace everything I have changed lol *laptop*

nube

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10889281&postcount=1984

1.) I've started putting together my "final" custom ISO, which basically consists of:
-SleepyK's ISO
-Steelia's ISO
-a whole bunch of other characters and stages that ****, which aren't in those two ISO's (for example, gold suit samus, power ranger falcon, etc. etc. etc.)
-a custom character select menu (I can't decide whether to use my blue CSS or Steelia's red CSS), which will have custom portraits for every character (i hope i don't get too lazy to do this)
-(maybe) custom stage select screen (might just use Steelia's)
Once I finish (will take a LONG while), I hope to release it to y'all :)
lol. freeeeeeeeeeee

This will hopefully be that "really well done" ISO

S l o X

Smash Champion
This thread is so amazing.
I would be willing to pay money probably for a really well done ISO, and I'm sure others would be too.
DJNin was going to sell them (?) and people didn't like it, even though I'm 100% sure people would be willing to buy them because they're lazy. I don't see the issue, really.

PM me for the .iso though. Made by Steelia. I'll take a donation of a hug though.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wow, guys, are you serious?
1) selling them is super illegal
2) it's all free and easy. all the information is here. Almost all of the hacks are here.

anybody who is trying to sell them is a thief

lazy man

Smash Rookie
I am willing to paypal someone $25 for an ISO hacked to my liking.
I don't care about character textures, but the songs must be hacked how I specify and they must loop unnoticeably.

email nishikun@live.com if you are interested

S l o X

Smash Champion
wow, guys, are you serious?
1) selling them is super illegal
2) it's all free and easy. all the information is here. Almost all of the hacks are here.

anybody who is trying to sell them is a thief
my point is people are willing to do things despite them being illegal because chances of them getting caught for selling a texture hacked videogame made in 2001 are very slim, unless someone actually complains about it.

i'm not saying "hey guys go make money off of this" (btw dvd-rs cost money) i'm just saying people are obviously willing to buy. not trying to justify illegal activities since the smash community has enough of that.
I don't care about character textures, but the songs must be hacked how I specify and they must loop unnoticeably.

lol .

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Wow lazy man just
1) post in the audio request thread
2) learn to do it yourself. it takes like 20 minutes to figure out.

LuCKy

Smash Master
c'mon now seriously. . . .at apex i was told that someone made a green ranger >.> someoneeeeee uplooad it plzz

nuro

Smash Lord
I don't think you realize how long it actually takes to make an ISO.

I don't agree with buying it but it took me hours to figure out how to get my ISO working and I still have a ways to go. I think having a premade ISO is in order here. Some people just want to enjoy the game without having to go through the trouble to make it themselves. I'm not trying to offend the work everyone has put in this thread but after spending almost half of a day trying to get my ISO it started to get cumbersome. Even doing something small like importing sounds took me a couple hours. I had to vigirously search the thread, then I found your lengthy youtube videos, and then I had to actually implement all the audio which wasn't the fastest thing ever.

I propose we have two types of ISOs. One that is finished with all the current texture hacks and songs, and one that allows us to easily make our own songs and hacks.

I know we will never have a finished ISO but we can at least make an ISO of all the current hacks we've made and keep it updated.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I'm looking for the location of:

Character select screen (I think MnSlchar)
Stage select screen (I think MnSlmap)
Character select portraits
Stock Icons

and all victory themes are "ff_" in the audio?

I think that's all that sleepy's ISO doesn't have that's on Steelias?

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
So you want an ISO with content already on it? There's two out there already. There's more costumes available, then there are slots available for most (if not all) characters. So an ISO with everything just isn't possible without some program editing.

And you want an ISO that you can easily put custom content on? There's also one of these out there, with all the in-game videos removed.

Also, it takes quite a bit of time for people without a great connection to upload a whole ISO. Imagine doing it every single time they added something to the ISO? It'd get down right ridiculous.

nuro

Smash Lord
There's two out there already.
Where?

I'm saying give something to the smash community. Make it easy for people to come to this thread, get their hacked version of melee, and go have fun playing it. Right now you have to scan thru the thread for potentially hours to find out how to get the hacked version of the iso.

Make it noob friendly. Half the people aren't going to know how to do all these hacks and it will take them a while to learn.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Where?

I'm saying give something to the smash community. Make it easy for people to come to this thread, get their hacked version of melee, and go have fun playing it. Right now you have to scan thru the thread for potentially hours to find out how to get the hacked version of the iso.

Make it noob friendly. Half the people aren't going to know how to do all these hacks and it will take them a while to learn.
more like make it nuro friendly. most of the noobs figured out how to send an email already.

nuro

Smash Lord
more like make it nuro friendly. most of the noobs figured out how to send an email already.
Why would I want to have an ISO? I already have made mine. I'm just trying to tell you guys that it is a huge pain in the *** for anyone who wants to get their ISO in their Wii.

Saying everyone has figured out how to get their ISO is unjustified and completely unsupported. If sleepyk's ISOs solved the problem than why are people willing to pay money for a premade ISO?! This just shouldn't be happening.

The truth is most of the noobs get intimidated very early. It doesn't help this thread if we scare away people from even trying out hacked melee.

Why don't we just update the ISO? There should be no reason why people want to pay for a premade ISO so lets just give it to them so they can at least possibly contribute more.

I can give you my premade ISO when it is finished. It has more hacks than steelias. I just need to work on my audio.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
it requires a single email to get an iso. its even automated. there are more than 1 to choose from. they have various levels of hacking done.

wtf are you ranting about?

people wanted a CUSTOM iso. suited to their specifications but didn't want to do the work. thats why money was involved. basically people are willing to pay for the services of custom hacking.

edit: I get it. you must want people to post "ISO" and have a disk sent to their home with instructions on how to hack the wii to load from burned disks. noob friendly...****.

nuro

Smash Lord
it requires a single email to get an iso. its even automated. there are more than 1 to choose from. they have various levels of hacking done.

wtf are you ranting about?

people wanted a CUSTOM iso. suited to their specifications but didn't want to do the work. thats why money was involved. basically people are willing to pay for the services of custom hacking.

edit: I get it. you must want people to post "ISO" and have a disk sent to their home with instructions on how to hack the wii to load from burned disks. noob friendly...****.
Taking hours to get an iso working isn't worth it.

nube

Smash Apprentice
The first page of this thread very clearly explains everything you need to know about modding your wii to play Melee hacks, getting an ISO, and how to continuously add/change things such as new costumes every time someone comes up with one, or custom audio to your liking, etc.etc.

Nothing complicated about it. Yes, it may take some time to make an ISO according to the way you want it, but hey, if you don't wanna do the work, don't complain.

Furthermore, two people have already generously released their own custom ISO's for the anyone to have and use - it takes a single email or pm to get em. I myself am in the process of making my own custom ISO (my "super ISO" lol) that consists of the best of everything that is out there currently:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10889281&postcount=1984

Taking hours to get an iso working isn't worth it.
uhh...ppl spend hours making custom stages/costumes/songs/other stuff for you, the public, and you can't spend an hour or two to get it to work?

(If I misunderstood you, and you mean that you want to make your ideal ISO instead of the ones that are released, but don't want to spend hours putting everything together, you can wait patiently for someone else to release an updated ISO, *cough* me *cough*, or you can stop complaining and just make it yourself.)

Or, if the problem is that you're having trouble hacking your wii/making the disk work, then post your technical difficulties, and hopefully someone knows what to do. Good day :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
nuro plays ice climbers?...

or are you implying that being a butt makes you an ic player?
Perhaps he was implying that the Ice Climbers make-
...wait, I'll... stray from that one. >_>

Ah, yeah, back. Those pestering poor S l o x for my customized Melee (MUCH thanks for taking up the mantle while I was away :) ), can now PM me again... Opened up space.
Sadly, after doing numerous patches and tests... the Wii I've got does indeed have the new disc drive... I also have no intentions of opening up my Wii to install all that WODE stuff; I wasn't aware it was a modchip thing (I'm too cautious for my own good)... Shoot, that sucks. Guess I'm better off scoring some older systems from eBay. Ah well. >:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Update:

No one emailed me so I'm now willing to pay $40 for a custom ISO file.
I believe giving .ISOs for personal gain like how you'd like is against the law.

So no body is doing so because we don't feel like breaking the law.

Just ask around for help, it'll be much faster that way. Thats what I did.

Stevo

Smash Champion
lol I didnt realize I would start a debate.

I guess all I meant was that you guys are doing a great job, and Im sure if I had the time I could figure thigns out using the guide in the first posts.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Just popping in to say: Melee hacks > Brawl hacks

Legit, I thought Brawl had it awesome. I saw a Captain America audio hack and that alone was cooler than anything I've seen in Brawl despite model importing and whatnot.

nube

Smash Apprentice
i was messing around again in PlFx.dat and got these results:

Fox Illusion split up into random lines:

Double illusion image:

Laggy illusion (fox has already recovered, but his illusion has not yet):

Infinite-stretching lasers:

I haven't tested any of these on my wii, but from past experience with changing attacks, I would guess that all 4 of these changes would freeze the game. I think the dbl illusion might have a chance tho ^^

welcome back steelia :)

Top Bottom