• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
all i'm saying

is that

the dumbest player in the history of east coast

got dumber at apex.

[scientology]

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
vanz said he was teaming with u ... he's calling W's already ... >_<

Well guys ... i was kinda going to save this for no johns itself. I really really really want to get better and play for EC at RoM3 and at GSG2. That being said ... i need u all to play your best and STOP JOHNING. Everyone makes mistakes instead of just blaming everything on it. Lets get better together! =]

I'm kinda fueled to beat mango ... or at least try to. Maybe someone better then me can get fueled by me. But this guy is planning on picking mewtwo because no one is on his level in smash. I agree no one isn't, but dam sounds like no one is fukking close because he can pick **** chars. Lets step it up, I didn't help bring melee back to see our best pick mewtwo GET THAT **** OUTTA HERE!

"JUST WHO THE HELL DO U THINK I AM?!"
lets have a tristate huddle at this.

Alukard

Smash Hero
all i'm saying

is that

the dumbest player in the history of east coast

got dumber at apex.

[scientology]
lol **** happens yo ... just learn from it all

lets have a tristate huddle at this.
werd ... i think thats what we need especially since there are sooo many big tournies in the horizon ... we need to cheer for our tristate brethren at these majors! We are sooo angry competitive with each other ... like without sportsmanship. anyway i can go on forever. but we need sumthing!

also ranmaru ... i have no idea WTF u are talking about. I'm saying that everyone is definitely capable of reaching mango ... he is just a step ahead of us mentally is all... we just need to stop being flashy/obvious. and bring back the perfect fundamentals.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I don't either, I just got hyped is all. You are right, though. Gotta go back to the basics.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Everyone just needs to work on tech skill/flashiness. Then the top players will be compromised.

Oh and btw, Alukard, you should definitely start archiving the results in the OP. Might be useful for people to know how big these are/who comes/etc...

Edit: in fact,

No Johns 02/27/10 Entrants: 24 Winner: Jman
No Johns 05/08/10 Entrants: 25 Winner: Chopz
No Johns 06/05/10 Entrants: 52 Winner: Jman
No Johns 07/10/10 Entrants: 39 Winner: Hbox

I don't know, maybe something like that.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
PBNJ are you still coming to this? I haven't heard a response from you once I confirmed prog can't team with me.

I'm coming for blood. We should have a USA vs Canada crew battle. give me 20 stocks, I'll take your top 5. I really want to get better too, but the only good players I play against are spacies. I need to fight a really good marth, a really good sheik, a really good peach etc.

Crazyknux is magical. Everyone is so helpful here...

otg

Smash Master
Well guys ... i was kinda going to save this for no johns itself. I really really really want to get better and play for EC at RoM3 and at GSG2. That being said ... i need u all to play your best and STOP JOHNING. Everyone makes mistakes instead of just blaming everything on it. Lets get better together! =]

I'm kinda fueled to beat mango ... or at least try to. Maybe someone better then me can get fueled by me. But this guy is planning on picking mewtwo because no one is on his level in smash. I agree no one isn't, but dam sounds like no one is fukking close because he can pick **** chars. Lets step it up, I didn't help bring melee back to see our best pick mewtwo GET THAT **** OUTTA HERE!

"JUST WHO THE HELL DO U THINK I AM?!"
We need more smashfests and maybe more hyped MMing to go on.
All I'm going to say, is I've done nothing but host smashfests, get new people in the scene, house people for tournies, drive people and get people to improve in my area for the last ****ing 2 years. All you *****s have been sleeping and its clear that other regions are catching up to us/better then us, and you all wonder why. i also agree that people within tristate care waaaaay too much about beating one another and we should really focus on ****** other regions.

idk, this **** is just annoying to hear, tho its inspiring to think that people actually wanna do something about it.

btw, it's clear from this thread and the abundance of people who need rides that you are all WAAAY to reliant on people who are generous enough to help out, and you gotta get cars and start being more self reliant.

/real talk.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I try to hold a lot of smashfests too.

But ... like... I dunno it just seems that smashfests are a thing of the pasts. They happen like here and there maybe once a month.

Or its just smashfests with the same 3-4 people (I do this a lot rofl)

I just wish it became a more common thing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
All I'm going to say, is I've done nothing but host smashfests, get new people in the scene, house people for tournies, drive people and get people to improve in my area for the last ****ing 2 years. All you *****s have been sleeping and its clear that other regions are catching up to us/better then us, and you all wonder why. i also agree that people within tristate care waaaaay too much about beating one another and we should really focus on ****** other regions.

idk, this **** is just annoying to hear, tho its inspiring to think that people actually wanna do something about it.

btw, it's clear from this thread and the abundance of people who need rides that you are all WAAAY to reliant on people who are generous enough to help out, and you gotta get cars and start being more self reliant.

/real talk.

Oh, good **** man. RESPEKT <3

Uhhh, yeah, I don't even have a car. I haven't gotten my license yet... and I need a job, well a real job. I mean I have one sorta, but it's too easy.

But yeah I still have some things within myself I have to situate, and just haven't. Sigh...

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Personally speaking, I only know about fests at papa johns and whenever teco holds them.

As for the self-reliant thing, I always find my way to tournies without asking anyone. I travel all the time, and am always willing to go to other fests. But when a venue is as out of the way as this one via the trains stop running early then I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. If someone doesn't wanna give me a ride, they're not going to. It's not like it's a free ride. I have a good full time job, doesn't mean I can afford a car atm either.

I think Haley's talking about stuff announced via threads or somethin'. Sometimes we only ever hear about fests word of mouth kinda thing. *shrug*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I don't know if I can get to no johns without a car lol. I live in philly so yeah, and I usually take public transport, but some things are out of range, haha.

otg

Smash Master
I would post when I would host all the time, and for a number of months I would draw like 15+ people. But people take advantage and no one recognizes so I stopped and now i just dont give a **** anymore. Someone else step it up for awhile, I'm going to just hyperbolic time chamber in PC's basement in the meantime.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would post when I would host all the time, and for a number of months I would draw like 15+ people. But people take advantage and no one recognizes so I stopped and now i just dont give a **** anymore. Someone else step it up for awhile, I'm going to just hyperbolic time chamber in PC's basement in the meantime.
I'm going to try and host some smashfests/tournies in philly in the near future. : ] Melee of course.

And I'm ****ing serious about hosting tournies. Gotta help the community with smash, there ain't NO smash scene for melee here, so I thought we should make our own. Me and my crew are going to make some and see what happens.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea people need to step it up.

Especially people with larger houses cuz I can hold like... 5 or 6 people max lol.

But I dunno whatever. Its just a thought really I don't expect it to happen. I'd like it to though.

prog

you know what.

prog is done.

**** this.

too much hbk hate. prog is the ryu of east coast. the evil intent has been woken up. not sure if i'm going still, but if i go, i will be sure to tell each and everyone how much i loathe them.

nah, but apex, and alukard's hype speeches in general...i'm stepping up my game. i'm casting kids off. the hype man...yeah. the commentator. yeah.

the visionary?

[scientology]

S l o X

Smash Champion
this list =/= people who are coming.
i guarantee over 45.
lazy list
  1. Diakonos
  2. Lambchops
  3. Jman
  4. Ky
  5. Alukard
  6. Hax
  7. Teczero
  8. VanZ
  9. Eggm
  10. D1
  11. Swiftbass
  12. Tag$
  13. G$$$$$$$$$
  14. Nando
  15. otg
  16. T. Webb
  17. Niko
  18. crismas
  19. Orphy
  20. Deathknight
  21. Rykard
  22. Sol
  23. Tuna
  24. PC
  25. a special guest
  26. HBK
  27. Laijin
  28. MA

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
so how many people are confirmed for this so far...?

Canada might be interested ;)
No one really directly addressed this, but the list above would probably be useful. Along with the archived results I posted earlier, it appears that there should definitely be at least 40-45 people going. You should definitely bring Canada down! =D

Life After Death

Smash Champion

/real talk.
Y wud i go thru the trouble of getting a car just to play a game

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
not really cuz getting a car may be pointless for alot of people. Esp if you live in the city where the ptransit everywhere, driving just becomes a burden.

and then there are those who just dont have the money to buy and maintain a car.

S l o X

Smash Champion
and then there are those who need a car to get around and have one and can help the community out by driving it to tourneys.

[in which everyone should appreciate and <3 and stuff. basically people need to stop complaining. people are stepping it up, slowly but surely.]

Alukard

Smash Hero
Ok a couple of points here before i go to bed from a destruction overnight at work LOL.

1. I just really got everything done with Brian Garcia life.
2. I'm starting to fix Alukard Melee life back to the old days where i give a **** and set goals and reach them.
3. SUCK MY BALLS if u think i'm talking out my *** and MM at RoM 3.
4. I'm planning on getting a car but in like 3 years when i know i will use it to full potential.
5. I set my goal for Apex... which was making it into brackets.

Now i can't host smashfests ... the only places i know i can play is at Max's, PC's, Papa johns... which i ALWAYS say thanks for. i hope u weren't talking about me maxteezy =[ ... i got nothing but love for my tristate brethren!

Baby steps ... But I make moves fast

learned how to walk dolo at 10 months!

LETS GO TRISTATE! We got this ... just like we always have!

REAL TALK!

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
even if you live in the city a car is useful

you dont know until you own one

i would rather drive then take any public trans

just sayin

plus driving is fun if you dont drive like your 80

coughmaxcough

prog

last night...

i had a vision.

red lobster. they ****ed up the previous order, and gave me extra biscuits and crab legs for no reason.

what does this mean?

i don't know, but prog isn't hungry.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I had worse. It was a dream about....

Bowser.

And he scared the **** out of me.

Top Bottom