• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie I've been watching hunger videos all night and touching myself. So good.
I watched him live today. Dude ****ing *****. He only lost one match today, and it was to Marshall!

He taught me the Falco CG too.

Hunger is a beast, and even though I don't play like him, I respect him for his large amounts of asskickery :D

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I watched him live today. Dude ****ing *****. He only lost one match today, and it was to Marshall!

He taught me the Falco CG too.

Hunger is a beast, and even though I don't play like him, I respect him for his large amounts of asskickery :D
What about Debom? He and I are in the same clan. How'd he do? What's he like in person?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
What about Debom? He and I are in the same clan. How'd he do? What's he like in person?
He did great in Dubs.

He and Nappy got double DQ'd though for leaving to get food and not coming back in time :/ He also didn't enter Singles :(

He's tallish, likes his sports, has a deep voice, and is actually a really chill person. I was hearing stories from some people that he's like a supertroll online, but I never would've guessed that of him.

He did grab release me though...

I got him back with a GR waft though ;)

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I read this from the the first page of this thread back in 08' and it made me lol
Yeah, it's pretty funny.

One of my friends just got into competitive Smash and I figured I would work on using the bike more since he was a newer player and I knew I could kind of **** around.

He goes: "Obviously, the bike is like the best thing Wario has, huh?"

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Anyone know the frame (dis)advantage of hitting with the second part of utilt, or at least if it combos or not?

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
You mean sour spotted uptilt? Im pretty sure you can follow up with another uptilt but i can check.
Depends on the damage as well i think.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Can we pull off any crazy shiz with our bike on Distant Planet?

I'm wondering what bike combinations could be done with the bulborb or maybe tires plus pellets would be insane.

Excellence

Smash Champion
You guys, I'm having a problem with Kirby. I absolutely cannot approach because of BAir wall and you can't grab that. What's a good way to deal with it? I've been using my 2ndary, Snake, to win the match-up but I want to win with Wario.

Excellence

Smash Champion
How do you kick Toon Link's ***? He's campy, his BAir and UTilt are annoying and he struggles to KO. All the **** he throws out makes me question what I can and cannot punish. Someone who knows what they're talking about, advise me.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Powershield his zairs, punish with grabs. Play very campy. Use your bike for cover then use the wheels after he breaks it. Time him out if you have to.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Wario Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Wario fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Wario abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Wario's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Komodo Joe

Smash Rookie
How do you kick Toon Link's ***? He's campy, his BAir and UTilt are annoying and he struggles to KO. All the **** he throws out makes me question what I can and cannot punish. Someone who knows what they're talking about, advise me.
Powershield all the stuff if you're on the ground, airdodge if you're in the air. Watch out for the boomerang when it comes back, it's an easy usmash for him if it hits.
His kill moves, in order of amount I die to them, are utilt, fresh bair, usmash. Just play really careful and avoid these and you can easily survive to 150%+, he dies at 80% or lower if you catch him off the edge. Also his recovery isn't spectacular, you can get some easy damage or even the kill if you steal his jump off the edge.

Grinpis

Smash Cadet
What is the best method of DI's training ??

best momentum cancel ?

umm is thread that explains it ok?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What is the best method of DI's training ??

best momentum cancel ?

umm is thread that explains it ok?
I think there's a thread in the strategy section that explains DI. SDI momentum canceling and all that good stuff I'll look for it and see if I can't find it for you.

When you DI want to DI towards the closest corner.

Monentum cancel is normally you fast falling your fastest aerial then double jumping. I like to use Dair since it auto fast falls.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
not quite correct AL, you use your fastest OPTION (either airdodge or aerial depending on the character) in warios case its airdodge, THEN jump THEN fast fall. If you're being sent up then you just fast fall an aerial, regardless of the character.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
not quite correct AL, you use your fastest OPTION (either airdodge or aerial depending on the character) in warios case its airdodge, THEN jump THEN fast fall. If you're being sent up then you just fast fall an aerial, regardless of the character.
Except for the fact you travel further when you AD. I posted a vid which demonstrated this. Then provide the frame data. Dair is Wario best option to momentum cancel because of the speed and you regain control faster then factor the auto FF properties. Also you need to FF before the double jump.

Top Bottom