• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus vs DK

Violence

Smash Lord
Curious about this matchup after getting wrecked by Mexican.

How do you deal with DK's bairs?

I was spacing alright, but those bairs cut through a lot of my options.

Pi

Smash Hero
His bair is something you're gonna have to not challenge. Shield it and UB it, or CC it, or try and space a move when he lands from whiffing it.

Aside from that you need to keep pressure on him so he can't bair.

Also there is a lot more to the matchup that I don't know.

duals

Smash Journeyman
this is my favorite matchup. Its too bad that no one plays DK enough around me.

I tend to take DK to rainbow cruise a lot. Samus can move a round a lot quicker than dk can.

Geist

Smash Master
Bombs and jabs make him turn around, I dunno how legit this would be against a DK of Mexican's level, but I usually poke and space, forcing them work for their bairs. DK gets combo'd pretty easily with aerials.

Also I'm not sure, but doesn't Samus's bair > DK's bair?

Pi

Smash Hero
Bombs and jabs make him turn around, I dunno how legit this would be against a DK of Mexican's level, but I usually poke and space, forcing them work for their bairs. DK gets combo'd pretty easily with aerials.

Also I'm not sure, but doesn't Samus's bair > DK's bair?
Probably
Sept his comes out just as quick if not quicker, and lower to the ground

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you're samus. you aren't going to be comboing DK.
you need to control space and apply pressure with missiles, and use jabs, bombs (they work to an extent; watch out for DK's that will hit you with an Up-B when you hit him with bombs. you need to properly space them), dtilts, dsmash, and ftilts as your primary source of ground based assault. you can use nair and bair a decent amount, but don't try to beat out DK's bair. use dair to edgeguard him since DK has awful horizontal recovery.

things to watch out for:
grab. DK can't cargo uthrow uair combo you, but samus kinda sucks at getting back down to the ground, so chances are he'll be able to get you with at least one upair before you get back on solid ground.
taunt. DK has the best taunt in the game and should be properly respected. try not to fear it; just give it the respect it deserves and you won't get ***** too badly.
Up-B out of shield. samus players know more than anyone that OoS options come from the most unconventional of moves; DK's best non-grab OoS option is his grounded Up-B.

stage talk

you're both going to live a long time unless you hit him with an offstage dair.
KJ64 and Brinstar are likely DK's CPs against you. Ban whichever you like least; I'd personally ban Brinstar against a good DK player.
where you go to if you lose is going to depend on why you lost in the first place and where you're most comfortable fighting against the type of character DK is. Samus might benefit from Pokémon Stadium's platforms or Dreamland's size for Samus to control the stage with. Use your own judgment on this.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I personally find this matchup pretty easy, just as long as you remember this golden rule:

STAY THE @#$% AWAY FROM DK!!!

You can't contend with his Bair and Uair, don't even try. Just spam missiles and force him to use his laggy attacks. DK's grab range is very good and he will try WD OoS into Grab whenever you're in tilt range, just focus on forcing him to come to you and then nimbly dodge him and repeat.

DK is also fairly easy to combo and he has a horrible shield. Forcing DK to shield makes him eventually easy to shield stab.

Also, watch out for the Donkey Punch, once fully charged your floaty jump will make you a perfect target for it, and you will have little defense.

Violence

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll keep it in mind.

The matchup just seems to me like an easier version of Samus v Ganon, I think it's only slight DK at best.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's even at best, more likely to be slight advantage for Samus.

Is no one going to listen to the ONE DK player who ever tries to give advice to other Mid-Tier players about the DK match-up?

Pi

Smash Hero
It's even at best, more likely to be slight advantage for Samus.

Is no one going to listen to the ONE DK player who ever tries to give advice to other Mid-Tier players about the DK match-up?
Listen to this man

he's a pretty cool guy, eh plays dk, ****s womens, and doesn't afraid of anything

Geist

Smash Master
Don't worry I'm listening.
I just have no way to implement what I'm hearing. I need PKM Vodka to come down here. :|

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
do you mean for PKM Vodka to visit you for you to get experience against DK and try to implement my advice?

Geist

Smash Master
Pretty much.
He's the only notable DK that I can think of that lives close to my area.

I wish people played him more, DK is fun.

Top Bottom