• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev Monthly XII - TBA

Adam M!

Smash Lord
who i perceive to be my competition:

alex joey johnny mccain jeremy eddie (oskie, zoo, joseph, hugo)

everyone else: step it up!

this post is going to be the only time i'm cocky, so i apologize in advance! if your name isn't mentioned in the above, you are ranked and you want to mm me, $20 minimum! otherwise i don't wanna hear it!

if you're not ranked, i'll mm you for whatever you want! but $5 minimum if you expect to get any advice out of me!

shoutouts:

jeremy: believe in your peach! best peach in socal! it's not even close!

michael (bone): we shoulda beat both the teams we lost to! hey, did you beat joe in that mm? glad you showed up man! did my fox practice help u in tourny?

cameron (gsub): were those your honeys? let's pick up some *****es! ez game!

josh (lanstar): i hate to be so hard on you but you really do have a bad attitude! how do i know? because every time i say something you have a response! because you try so hard to win every match! play to learn!

jim: zomg we shoulda played!

connor (SD): work on those needle trixies! it was fun playing and chatting with you =)

johnny (s2j): your falco is too good! i'm happy and sad my commentary annoyed you; if you can deal with it then you can deal with any trash talk anyone sends your way! you also inadvertently helped me realize i should stick to fox/falco/marth

connor (adolescent): you better pull out da fox if you hope to beat me! i'll mm you but for $20 minimum! hype! sorry (not really) to forfeit u in pools, i just want to make sure i'm never ranked!

a rookie: what was your name again? daaaayumn i got my revenge on you! big time bro!

michael (boss): fun matches! nice to see you! thanks for the compliment =)

squid: what's your name again? i'm sorry i forgot! i love your falco! keep it up dude! and your girlfriend is mad cute! you should keep her away from me =P

matt (stabbed): i love your falco! keep it up! falco's hard to approach with so i understand why you don't; i'm gonna watch my mango vids and see what he does! i suggest you do the same =)

kyle (maple): where da link at?!?! bring it!

joey (lucky): zomg stop going deep in tournies so we can play friendlies! thanks for helping me with the tv =). hi cathy!

random honeys @ the tournament: smash over *****es! (sob)

joe clifford: hey did you see the people chilling by the pool and what have you? a bunch of honeys too! step ya game up and let's get crackin'! ez game!

eddy mexico: playing you was the most fun i had all tournament! i'll get my revenge, just you wait! also thank you for helping me realize i need to drop sheik!

let's make sure to do a serious pride set every time we see each other! your luigi is too good!

jason lam / russel / sheridan b / squid: you guys are so good! buckle down and you guys are top 15 material! but you have to want it!

mccain: your peach never impresses me but you must be doing something right to get top 3! mm me for $20! ft3 p4 rules! i ban brinstar!

oskie (lovage): i missed you so much!

to anyone i forgot: it was nice to see you / play with you!

edits:

alex (19): *** you ***** my **** in that friendly! get four stocked! don't worry, my falco's gonna come back bigger and stronger v foxes! i'm down to mm you for $20 as well! but nothing less!

dave kim (kira): where were you dude? you said you'd show up if cameron did! well, he did! so did i! and you told me lanstar was good! he sucks! i almost four stocked him!

anthony (jdm): i guarantee that w/ your competitive experience, if you stay humble and play me more often you will be the first unexpected player to make top 15

DJMirror

Smash Master
shoutouts:

johnny (s2j): your falco is too good! i'm happy and sad my commentary annoyed you

edits:

don't worry about that, that's just me being a scrub hahah. i was scared shtless by lucky and when i played matches after i played fine. your commentary is just my excuse for suking, i'm blaming others lately for stuff thats really my fault. i have never honestly felt this nervous in tournament, my first time in a legit finals..

nice seeing u again too

shoutouts later

-johnny

to stab:

thank you very much for being the only tourney host i

joe: one of my favorite smashers :) thanks a shi ton for letting me use your controller and just being a great homey in general

eddie: thanks for teaming with me :) very lucky to have not faced you in bracket

lucky: enjoy your easy win, i'll get you next time

connor: you **** when you turn it up. you probably have the most latent potential in socal

mccain: ur extremely hard to fight, even though i barely won i feel there was a lot of luck on my side. i just felt severely outplayed throughout the entire set

oscar: im pretty sure you slept in, you missed out . we need to start teaming again because i suk dik in teams now

nice irvine people: thanks for cheering for me :) especially u combofest, first time i had people i barely know cheer me on

russell: lets play more when i get back to riverside :)

maple: haven't seen you in ages, hope u go to more tourneys again
everybody else: nice seeing you again
more later, using a mac really sucks

Brian

Smash Journeyman
you are a lost cause if you really don't know
this is a terrible attitude to have. the fact that he's asking what he did wrong shows that he wants to at least be aware of what you think are his shortcomings, and knowing matt he probably wont stop there.

i remember the first couple grevs used to get flooded with negative posts after they were over. now it's almost always praise. i still haven't been to any so i can't really tell, but it seems like matt has come a long way since he started.

DJMirror

Smash Master
yeah that was a dumb comment but i'd rather tell him over aim instead of putting him on blast in the boards

its something i also talked to him in person about and he seemed to not understand his

DJMirror

Smash Master
The last few posts were not me, just that I made that clear.

S2J beat Lucky, Connor and MacD

Adam M!

Smash Lord
if connor and mccain dont take me up on my $20 mm offers

then we'll know irvine is ***** made!

well actually i knew irvine was ***** made as soon as zoo backed out of mming jeremy's peach

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't think he necessarily backed out since you only mentioned that once and I never brought it up.

edit: Good tourney. I'm not glad about how I played, but there's always next time.

Project M is fun.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
me and him talked about it, so take my word for it =P

of course he can read this and still take us up on it! i doubt you'd refuse since you don't have to put up any money =P

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Fun tourny

This is a tournament I actually enjoyed for once so here's shout outs

1: Lucky: Good **** winning the tournament Joey. Your crazy wide eyed face is ****.
2: Smoke2jointz: I don't know what the hell go into you but you are amazing now. When we played, I felt like each grab meant death. Good **** Johnny!
3: MacD: Fun times in doubles. I'm glad I'm kinda copying your style with usmashes and stuff hahaha I'm surprised we didn't play eachother this tournament.
4: Eddie Mexico: We had a good set. Don't be so modest! You beat me fairly.
5: Fly amanita: You'll get MacD eventually! I'm glad you enjoy Project M! What I meant yesterday was that I wanted to record matches of people playing Project M other than myself rather than wanting to record matches with only you. Sorry if that was awkward/confusing.
5: Shu-Shu: You're getting there buddy :)
7: Replicate: I felt like we had a good set (not because I won). You **** Joe and next time we'll play, I know it'll be close again. I'm too afraid to go to Oxnard though; hometurf advantage!
7: Alex19: I'm glad you like Project M, Alex! The game is sooo ****. Just bug Joey to get it already!
9: Bone: Fun friendlies and talk yesterday! I recommend you watch matches of Armada, VaNz, MacD and maybe me if you wanna try and see how the current Peach metagame is. She's changed a TON. Once you learn the metagame, I feel like you're gonna start beasting! Hope to see you at more tournaments!
9: maple: I avenged you Kyle! Hope you like that I put the Goofie Movie song in Project M :p
13: Adam: I don't really mind you forfeiting to me in pools but I'm upset we didn't play any friendlies! I'll MM you in due time.
13: Boss: Good stuff. Glad you like Project M. I had a feeling you'd like Lucas cuz you played him in Brawl.
13: stabbedbyaruski: Good tournament. Don't let MacD get you down with the whole "worst host ever" thing. There's plenty of room for improvement and I'm sure you'll get things better next time.
13: Russel: I only camped vs you because you were camping me with ****ing fairs and bairs with Zelda! First match I tried being aggressive and approached you a lot but you sat back and just waited for a chance to fair or bair. Second round, I figured out how to beat that. It's that simple. If you're going to go a character that can get camped (Zelda), expect to get camped. I'm going to camp harder next time we play. In other words, if YOU play legit, I'LL play legit.
17: Cortez: I had a blast playing friendlies with you dude! Your Samus is just like HugS' except not as gay!
17: Jason: Thanks for cooking the hot dogs Jason. In-n-out with you was fun :)
17: Anto: Congrats on getting out of pools! We know who the "better" cousin is now, don't we ;)

Alfredo: Man you're fun to hang around and talk about stuff. I wish you went to more tournaments!
Cathy: It's good seeing you again! :)

Adam M!

Smash Lord
I love your shoutouts Connor! That's the kind of positivity I love to see!

Maybe you shall become my competition after all!

D

Deleted member

this is a terrible attitude to have. the fact that he's asking what he did wrong shows that he wants to at least be aware of what you think are his shortcomings, and knowing matt he probably wont stop there.

i remember the first couple grevs used to get flooded with negative posts after they were over. now it's almost always praise. i still haven't been to any so i can't really tell, but it seems like matt has come a long way since he started.
after getting a good night's sleep i changed my mind

matt has proven he sucks at dealing with money, which should be the most important thing you should handle as a host, simply because he is lazy

i directly asked him for the teams money for 2nd place as he handed me singles and he said he would take care of it later

he gives the money to eddie mexico because he is physically closer later on and thinks talking to him slowly like hes a dumass will make him understand english better to know to split the money with me

i place 0 blame on eddie because english isn't his main english, this also isn't the first time stab fuked up giving money for teams out of laziness. he can keep the money because he carried me really hard in teams

the only reason i said he was a lost cause is because i already told him about this and he doesn't think he did anything wrong, not even an apology

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Listen, I'm sorry you didn't get your $17 from doubles but you're clearly exaggerating the story to make it sound much worse than it actually was. Eddie said "Ok" after I told him to give you your half, so I assumed he understood me. I was doing my job the whole tournament and played very little friendlies until the end of the tournament, considering that, calling me a "lazy ***" isn't the best choice of words. If you have a problem with how I host tournaments, you're welcome not to come. Personally, I don't enjoy your negativity and hostility that you have for me anyway.

Shoutouts:

Anto: Good job beating danny and making it out of pools
Danny: I'm sure with more practice, you'll become very good! Also, thanks for the help after the tournament
Adam: Thanks so much for the advice. It hit me like a freight train and I'll definitely use it to get better!
Jason: Thank you for cooking the hotdogs =D
John: It was fun teaming. If hyprid isn't around, I'm definitely down to team again
Cameron: You're baaaaaaaack! I'm sure you'll work off the rust very soon haha
Sheridan: Don't let her put you on a leash! lol jk
Joe: Fun matche sin tourney, wish I coulda played you more
Alex: Your **** talk is too legit, too viable.
McCain: Good job on second and if you asked me to save you a hotdog, I would have!
Connor: Looks like a lot of people enjoyed project M
Fly: You'll get em next time man!
A rookie: Thanks for coming and keep repping that mario
Fist: Good matches in tourney and pools!
Bimbo Mexico: I wasn't expecting you to be so good lol. GGs in tourney and those two 3 stock to 1 comebacks were super clutch!
Eddie: Thanks for coming man, it's always a pleasure having you.
Tact: Oh man, you blend in so well
Hugo: I'm sad I didn't get to play you but next time for sure
Paul: You did so much at this, thanks a bunch <3
Doublebass: That was a pretty sick match against macd for your first tourney lol, nice meeting you
Ryan: YOU'RE THE UBERMAN!!!!
Alfredo: Thanks for coming, I'll play you next time for sure
Jeremy/Spazz: Nice seeing you two again. You have the same laugh. It's kinda cute lol
Hey cure: GGs in pools!
Jim n watch:: Thanks for helping with the pools, keep up the ganon/G&W
Bone: Man, SD must be great training because you're still so good but you never go to tournies around here
Lanstar: Thanks for coming and bringing SD
Joey: Nice job winning!
Cathy: I haven't seen you in months =o
Boss: Thanks for commentating some and being da biggest boss around
Kyle: I saw your sick link dude. It's siiiiiiiiiick haha
Andy: You're getting a lot better dude!
Eric: You need to enter more man!
Everyone I'm forgetting: Sowwie <3, but thanks for coming!

D

Deleted member

last shoutouts:

stab: sorry again for my comments but just give me the money directly next time instead of being lazy. let me co-host the next tourney, i assure u i will finish before chipotle closes if we have the same amount of people/ setups

alex19: im sorry to hear this is probably ur last tourney, hope u can still go to dunks house now and then. it seems as though i will never get revenge for getting but fuked :)

alfredo: u are the nicest/coolest guy in the world! i wish i was more like you

bone: ur really good and old school. all the old school players ****

fly: im very lucky that joey switched me with you in 2nd round winners. pretty sure you would've scraped me

everybody else: play me in friendlies! also if u want to learn i am willing to teach u a lot of stuff about the game. i want everybody to get better. if u are close to my level or better than me lets play anyways so u can teach me / teach each other!

cameron: thanks for housing me for the night
dave: nice seeing you again, didn't expect you to leave so early though, let's play some 2v2s in sc2 if ur not busy

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
so i didn't place very well this tourney but i felt like i performed like i should have, so i'm mostly satisfied

hugo cortez - thank you very much for the ride. i owe you! i hope we both get past our levels of current ability...

stab - cool tourney...i'll probably make it to the next one now that i can afford hella rides

adam - i am sorry i did not get to play you; when you talked to me i was tired as **** and i didn't feel like playing games without me at my peak

fly - thank you for not continuing to wobble me :) i appreciate it; i know i have to learn to get around it though

connor - project m looks so fun...i wanna play it more lol. i can't wait til they release a public stable...also you are my favorite little dude

alex - what??? you might not go to things anymore??? :(

danny/949 guy - nice to meet you lol

anto - good job getting out of pools

joe - enjoy your drifblim :)

eddy mexico - you're so good and you keep getting better and everyone just loves you lol

johnny - i will have to take you up on your offer; count on me visiting dunk's whenever remotely possible

everyone else
i am glad all of you are part of this unique community
even though i have to eventually beat most of you :)

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Im really sorry for what happened with the money Johnny; it was my fault, stab give me the money an i was in a hurry so i did not put enough attention to understand him. I will make sure to pay when i see you.

About the tourney: I had so much fun! Thanks alot to everybody who talked/played with; hope to see everyone again :D.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
good stuff johnny you tapped soo hard at this you're getting sooo much better and you will never tap me in tournament with your gaaaay falcon LOOOOOL

joey you're a *** but good job winning connor omg project m is cool as hell man i will get goo and play you lol

eddy! good stuff you killed me man!

mccain you fuked me up almost fourstocked me the first match but i think i know what to do now loooool but good job

alfredo raaaaaapes

joe you're so cool lol anything you say is quite funny and interesting lol

stab thanks for the tourney and my falcon and puff raaaaaape haha

yo i sucked at this and i think i really suck under pressure or something or sometimes cause i know i've done better lol anyways not my last tourney but its coming somewhat to a finish. I'll still play at joey's and stuff but tournament wise probably not as much, but hopefully im wrong haha.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Good tourney!

Shoutouts

Anto - I dunno how I feel about you deciding to play more gay. I guess its working i guess :p

Combofest - We only played a few matches but they were fun XD. Always fun seeing you at tourneys either way.

Stab - Hopefully we'll play sometime this week. Nice tourney though.

Macd - Hmm I came kinda close our second match. I'll get you eventually.

Boss - I'm not sure if I woulda prefered to play your puff but good set either way.

HugQ - All for kiko, haha :p

Double bass - Nice job for your first tourney man. Keep it up, you've definitely got potential.

Adam - Playing you was great, really appreciated the advice. My name's Jeremy. I'll definitely keep at it and go for top 15.

Arookie - Idk what it is about you but I felt kinda lost. I'd like to play you for more than just 2 matches next time so i can learn the matchup a little more. You're a hilarious guy though XD

rUs0uL - st00pid fancy flashy sheik. Lol I love playing you man.

D

Deleted member

~!

Im really sorry for what happened with the money Johnny; it was my fault, stab give me the money an i was in a hurry so i did not put enough attention to understand him. I will make sure to pay when i see you.

About the tourney: I had so much fun! Thanks alot to everybody who talked/played with; hope to see everyone again :D.
its fine, that's why i asked stab directly for the money!! i had a feeling something like this was gunna happen. i don't blame u at all

joeplicate

Smash Master
my shoutouts

jkun: you're running ur mouth right now about sum **** i don't care about but gj ur getting a lot better :)

adam: you're crazy but i love you, enter some tournnaments already , quit being afraid about losing! everybody's gotta man up sometimes. if you're really gonna walk the earth, then i'm extremely interested in hearing about it! keep a diary or something, and keep me updated because i'm fascinated! :colorful:

joey: you're good as ****! i already knew that lol, but i was still pissed i was playing so bad! w/e, you woulda tapped anyways. i swear i'm gonna get on your level. p.s. l set's get liquor in 2 and a half hours

eddy mexico: i don't think you've ever come up to socal and had a bad tournament, ever!! gj in teams

fly: we kinda got *****! oh well, i guess ice climbers are a mixed bag in teams, on account of having to switch to secondaries occasionally! let's step it up and start ****** locals like we **** at regional tournaments!! lol

alfredo: homie #1!! drifblim is too good, that's probably my favorite pokemon of all time. i regret not hanging out with you more than anyone else in the smash community. also we're all talking about how much of the homie you are as i'm typing this shoutout :)

mango: *** u

connor: i no u don't wanna see me in 805 home turf fool!! ggs, and i'm sorry for getting salty at cam's. it happens though! if u power through the periods of getting frustrated, you come out a better player once ur mood goes back to normal! nice seeing you. ima **** you in teams next time too!

macd: u play so gay! but it's ok, because i do too haha. ****in homo erectus, i'll see you around!

bone: that dollar was grimey as f***!! i hope u enjoyed the gum though hahaha. good games, i can always use more practice vs peach, that matchup is mad g@y!!

alex: i hope you get that job, so you can start stacking money like a fuking pimp!!~!

johnny just told me that you got that ****, so if u did congrats! if you didn't, i believe in you! lolololol

stab: you're getting better, but you need to combo more! quit bein so gay lol, once you start shining and following up in combos you'll **** for sure!

everyone else: nice to see you!! this was a pretty fun tournament. i'm a little disappointed that i performed like i did, but joey won, and connor's not a bad loss by any means :) better believe i'm gonna keep at it, keep on my grind and start ******!

peace :bee:

HugS™

Smash Lord
Take ownership of your actions Stab. I know you face a lot of undue criticism for your hosting, but not paying out money to the right people is unacceptable.

A reasonable person should assume that a guy from Mexico, with the word "Mexico" in his name, possibly won't speak the best of English. A blank "OK" does not mean you met your end of the bargain.

Maybe Johnny is making it sound worse. Maybe you were just busy when you said "i'll handle it later" and he's in the wrong for trying to interpret that as laziness. However, don't tell people to just not come if they aren't happy with NOT getting paid the money they are owed. Own up to it.

BUUUT, Johnny shoulda been smart enough to find his partner and get his money too. LoL

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Hugo is absolutely right Stab.

The best you can learn from this mistake is don't ever assume, especially when it comes to money cuz when you **** up, **** like this happens =\

I don't mean to sound harsh but in the end, it is your fault as the TO. Just take responsibility to seeing that the money is given to the right parties and that both ends are happy. By doing so, you'll get the appreciation and respect back.

Also, in the future, don't make excuses. Accept the criticism and just take it as a learning experience to better yourself as a TO.

Top Bottom