• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

Hey, I play against this one Falco pretty often that likes to just doodoo on my sheild. If I get caught on a platform, he'll continue to do so and there's no option left.

aside from one.

Have you guys ever tried dropping through a platform out of sheild into an instant Uair? or a retreating DJNair or something? I try it all the time but i always eff up and spot dodge and get comboed to death.

It could also be useful if MArth is below you, utilt/uairing your sheild. You'd drop through with a Uair or a First-hit nair or something into a grab and kill him.

I dunno whether people have mentioned this before but i think it would be a good option if you can get it down.

shield drop is great as a escape but hard to use, it's important though sometimes not to fight back with an up-air/ n-air after you shield drop and instead just run away or space, unless you are sure you will hit them. being a constant attacker usually isn't the best strategy

--

up-tilt, up-air will give you shield stun, 95% of marth's will simply try to up-tilt you again so if you drop through you will get ur @$$ split in half. you'd have to power shield the up-tilt/ up-air to have a chance for it to work

even if you up-air, unless you space and pull it off perfectly, competent marths at low percents will crouch cancel to grab to up-throw back onto the platform. First hit n-air has almost no chance of working unless you catch them off guard because it has about roughly -2 frames of stun if they crouch

it's better to run da hell away and pick your battles. So if a marth is up-tilting your shield on a plat, just RUN. never be above marth (unless they suck) and try to get beneath them in general

thats assuming the marth doesn't suck ****

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
random question

so if i'm playing a samus on FD and she likes to shoot missiles, how useful is running into the missile with a dash attack?

i read this on the samus boards somewhere, and hugs was saying how whenever he plays spaceys and they start to shine his missiles, he'll just run and dash attack the reflected missile because it cancels all the lag from the dash attack. and basically falcons dash attack works the same way, cancels all the lag.

the only thing is, im not really sure what to do with falcon after i do my dash attack. this is basically just on FD, otherwise i'll abuse platforms to avoid them. do you guy recommend just continue to dash dance camp? or maybe throw out a side b immediately after the dash attack, pending they are close enough, i'm not really sure.

any feed back is appreciated :D

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you can nair missiles. you can jab missles. etc. dash attack to raptor boost will work, but you have to mix it up.

also

how do you guys deal with nights where you are playing bad? do you switch characters or just keep getting ***** or do you quit playing?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i try to take a break. watch matches, maybe get some food. then come back and try again. helps clear my head and i calm down.

also i only suggested the dash attack but i like dash dance with falcon (as we all do) so its a move you can throw out on reaction extremely easy. and it sets you back up to a neutral position faster then a nair would i think.

i'll just play around with it more next time i play a samus

HugS™

Smash Lord
random question

so if i'm playing a samus on FD and she likes to shoot missiles, how useful is running into the missile with a dash attack?

i read this on the samus boards somewhere, and hugs was saying how whenever he plays spaceys and they start to shine his missiles, he'll just run and dash attack the reflected missile because it cancels all the lag from the dash attack. and basically falcons dash attack works the same way, cancels all the lag.

the only thing is, im not really sure what to do with falcon after i do my dash attack. this is basically just on FD, otherwise i'll abuse platforms to avoid them. do you guy recommend just continue to dash dance camp? or maybe throw out a side b immediately after the dash attack, pending they are close enough, i'm not really sure.

any feed back is appreciated :D
Don't. Any missiles you cancel this way are probably landing missiles from samus, in which she has zero lag. The only type you can capitalize on this way would be her standing missiles. Don't see why she would do them within a range you can capitalize on this way. And you can capitalize much further away with a knee anyways.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
dash attack to raptor boost will work

how do you guys deal with nights where you are playing bad? do you switch characters or just keep getting ***** or do you quit playing?
Why would you do that?
Raptor Boost will get cc'd then you get *****.

Personally, I play bad when I'm mad, so I just stop playing and blow off some steam by watching others.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Whenever this happens to me i just stick with the character and try to play as deliberate as possible. That sounds kind of dumb, but what i mean is to slow down and try to make sure every move you make is exactly the one you want. Using different buttons to jump, do arials, and even how i jump cancel. Doing this helps me feel the flow of the game again, and then once i do i can start playing at normal speeds doing what feels comfortable.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Flamingos are pimp ducks i guess.

Also who's a better Falcon secondary, Fox or Falco?
I use original falcon as my main and red falcon as secondary, you have to keep the falcon tradition of sticking with the god of Melee. Fox and falco are just animals, falcon eats animals like them for breakfast.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
You can't crouch cancel with the c-stick
Technically, you can. The reason crouch-cancel works is because you ASDI on the first possible frame back onto the ground. C-stick has more priority than the control stick for ASDI which means ASDI is possible with the c-stick. This is why sometimes you'll CC > tech after using d-smash or something.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hugo/HugS:

How do you feel about your epic matches vs SS at Good **** German?

It has to be the greatest Falcon/Samus set I've ever watched.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Technically, you can. The reason crouch-cancel works is because you ASDI on the first possible frame back onto the ground. C-stick has more priority than the control stick for ASDI which means ASDI is possible with the c-stick. This is why sometimes you'll CC > tech after using d-smash or something.
I thought ASDI down on first frame and crouch canceling were two different things. since you need to be crouching for the crouch cancel to happen. and ASDI down makes you bounce to the ground (when a move is weak enough, i believe?) and crouch canceling reduces the knockback of an attack.

this guy knows what's up
on another note, is your picture a pic of falcon ****ing a girl?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hugo/HugS:

How do you feel about your epic matches vs SS at Good **** German?

It has to be the greatest Falcon/Samus set I've ever watched.
I feel like I was outplayed.

I picked it up after the second match and could have completely shifted the momentum had I kept my lead on his counter pick. Then he got a solid shield break on me and the set was pretty much his after that.

I thought I'd be embarrassed of the shield break, but I saw the vid and thought "****, knowing what my shield was, I still would have shielded that knee". I am still really surprised it busted my shield.

It was a good learning experience and I can't wait to play him again.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I feel like I was outplayed.

I picked it up after the second match and could have completely shifted the momentum had I kept my lead on his counter pick. Then he got a solid shield break on me and the set was pretty much his after that.

I thought I'd be embarrassed of the shield break, but I saw the vid and thought "****, knowing what my shield was, I still would have shielded that knee". I am still really surprised it busted my shield.

It was a good learning experience and I can't wait to play him again.
Yeah I saw that and thought this is one of best matches I've seen of SilentSpec.

But the matchup must be kinda horrid for Samus. How is Samus ever suppose to stop Falcon from goin' all over the place and then just randomly attacking her shield? It's gotta be like the Dr Mario match up in the same sense that Doc's too slow to control Falcon.

And yeah, that shield break looked kinda exaggerated. The shield was kinda big before the knee broke it, lol.

HugS™

Smash Lord
The equalizer in the match up is the edgeguard. Samus is capable of just shield dashing all day till she gets an opportunity to edgeguard.

The problem is, Silent Spectre has, hands down, the best recovery with Falcon in the world. I thought maybe it was a me problem, then I saw Mango having the same kind of problem. Gotta work on beating it.

D

Deleted member

Johnny whats up with you not coming anymore?

Is it just MacD and Lovage now?
school conflicts

smash honestly has already fuked up my life enough, for winter/spring though im gunna make sure all my important classes are not on monday

--

also u guys need to teach me how to edgeguard i am so fuken bad lol

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
The equalizer in the match up is the edgeguard. Samus is capable of just shield dashing all day till she gets an opportunity to edgeguard.

The problem is, Silent Spectre has, hands down, the best recovery with Falcon in the world. I thought maybe it was a me problem, then I saw Mango having the same kind of problem. Gotta work on beating it.
with his mario?

LOL

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Jesus, what is the secret. I just can't take my falcon to the next level. Aus's metagame is nowhere near the US metagame and it still seems impossible for falcon. Such a bad char but he's so fun.

What is the **** secret, there's something I'm just not getting..

mers

Smash Ace
Jesus, what is the secret. I just can't take my falcon to the next level. Aus's metagame is nowhere near the US metagame and it still seems impossible for falcon. Such a bad char but he's so fun.

Don't get hit.

EDIT: not trying to be snarky. I think players at every level can benefit from focusing on this more.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
im gonna try to record some friendlies today, and if that happens im gonna come here for falcon critiqueage

edit nvm, MN sucks ***

D

Deleted member

since it seems like you aren't doing major errors,
u are probably doing many very tiny, subtle mistakes which all together add up

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I think so, I know when I make a mistake and see how costly it is. It's just annoying that a mistake with falcon is SO costly.

that, and I probably fail a bit and reading some of the better players around here.

My difficulties are with the peach mains.

Edit: Just watched a video of you S2J against MacD. Wow! took epic notes, you handled macd so well. He has a similar style to the peach main i cant beat here, so that should help me out heaps. cheers.

Double edit:
Holy **** S2J all your vids from Grev 11 are ****. You have improved so much so quickly. one of my favorite falcons to watch now.

D

Deleted member

thanx

i'm bad at edgeguarding but i have some ideas now

also lucky did some homo victory dance after so i'm gunna make sure i never lose to him again lol

Top Bottom