• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda Interview Thread - Ask Kisamealex3 questions.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
???'s in absolutely random order:

Which of your names do you prefer to be called?
If Zelda and Sheik were two separate characters, which would you main?
How long do you see yourself playing smash competitively?
What interview question would you absolutely not want to answer?
Marvel vs Capcom 3: FTW hype?
If you could change one thing in Zelda, what would it be?
What should I add into my avatar next?
What's the weirdest thing that happened to you today?

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Ed why are you so awesome?

You are one of the few Zelda/Sheik mains thats proficient with both characters, why is that?

Do you feel it more beneficial to be great at both characters?

Do you find it difficult to constantly have to change your mind set when playing one or the other, i.e certain match ups, or forgetting your sheik and you go to D-air someone thinking your zelda.

How did you get into competitive smash, and why do you enjoy it?

I know your a big football guy, and you play video games. Do people ever find it odd that you can be a secret nerd, and vis versa?

What attracted you to Zelda/Sheik?

How is <3 Sheik doing recently? Seeing as you guys are our designated shieks/zelda in FL.

Bandit

Smash Lord
If I am coming down to Tampa, where are we going to hit the night life?
Drink of the night?
Beach or Pool?
You are in a bar fight and you hit down B and transform, what form of our beloved princess are you transforming into?
Are you in college? If so, what college and what are you studying?
What type of vehicle do you drive?
Favorite non-smash activity?
What one word would describe you the best?
What's the largest fish you have ever caught?
Favorite football team?
Football idol/role model?
Are you really a scary linebacker?
Football or Smash?
Does the irony ever hit you that you play a princess in the game but play a punishing sport like football? Is this for balance in your life?

Ed is awesome.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
If I am coming down to Tampa, where are we going to hit the night life?
Drink of the night?
Beach or Pool?
You are in a bar fight and you hit down B and transform, what form of our beloved princess are you transforming into?
Are you in college? If so, what college and what are you studying?
What type of vehicle do you drive?
Favorite non-smash activity?
What one word would describe you the best?
What's the largest fish you have ever caught?
Favorite football team?
Football idol/role model?
Are you really a scary linebacker?
Football or Smash?
Does the irony ever hit you that you play a princess in the game but play a punishing sport like football? Is this for balance in your life?

Ed is awesome.
LOL, These questions are to good!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
*How can one improve their game w/ Sheik/Zelda?

*What does it take to become a proficient, high-level player in Brawl?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Just saw the first page awesome

favorite mu with Zelda
least favorite mu with zelda
can you give advice to those who want to learn zelda

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I think there's been enough time for questions by now, so maybe it'd be a good time to make the interview now?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hmm, I didn't know i was supposed to get inerviewed must of been around the time my interwebz died I'll just answer these question since you guys asked them to me.

Why is every other letter of your name written in caps?

I think it looks cool

How do you spend your free time?

I play video games or magic drink party or watch sports watch a **** ton of anime

What's your occupation?

Unfortunately none at the moment I was a student but I graduated and been looking for a job ever sense.

If you could change one thing in the Zelda boards, what would it be? (question not intented to awake hate wars, hopefully the answer won't be either)

I would change the negative perspective that the Zelda mains have about Zelda and her MU's and I would also have a guide for those who want to learn Zelda. Positive thoughts produce positive results.

Do you still play brawl? If yes, do you still play Zelda?

still play brawl and zelda all though I'm trying to learn SSFIV. For on reason or another I can never seem to drop Zelda. She my ***** though.

In your opinion, what's Zelda's biggest weakness?

I think her weakness are dependent on your opponent. The better the opponent the more likely they are to DI her smashes and dtilt locks. So you'll have to be able to account and adjust for those things. Also not only do you need to know Zelda well you need to be able to know your opponents characters are and their options at any given moment and attempt to limit those options.

What should I add into my avatar next?

An eyepatch
Are you actually going to answer this interview?

Yeah, I'm not that much of a douche, I just wish I'd gotten a PM or noticed that the interview was going to be done on me so I could of responded sooner better late than never I guess.

are you and Kaylo besties now?

I'm like awesomeness personified and kaylo digs that, na but seriously kaylo a chick ut was fun when I met her at the tourney.

you really defend the negative things placed on Zelda, why so passionate about it?

Its like the things that are being said about Zelda are totally opposite from how I feel when I play her. I've tried a wide array of characters and eventually decided to stick with Zelda. I see the good in bad in her and I think that at times the boards takes it overboard. Then there's the overwhelmingly majority of people who agree with it. So I have to be passionate in attempt to get my point across otherwise my points would just not even be recognized or overlooked.

do you main Zelda and Wario or is one a secondary?

It's weird I'll prob say I'm a Wario main.

in relation to the above question; how do they work for you?

I've been playing zelda for longer though. I have some MU where I prefer to use her than Wario. There are times online when I use Zelda more than Wario. But in tourney it's Wario first just because I don't want to see any MKs Snakes or olis.

whats new jersey like?

New Jersey is the best state in the country. Well minus the South Jersey half of New Jersey. NJ goes too hard.

your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving, great food get to watch the boys play and every couple of years my bday falls on the holiday.

what other games do you play?

Super Street fighter 4 Wario land shake it monster hunter tri mario kart mario strikers charged mvc2 and TvC

do you like flowers, if so which is your favorite?

I've never stopped and paid attention to flowers. So I'm not really sure but I guess I'll say a sun flower becuase of sun flower seeds.

favorite book genre, or if you don't really read, why not?

I find it pretty boring to read. Although I should probably pick up a big and read. I'd rather watch a movie. I'm more of a visual person whenever I have to just sit and read it just gets all bleh to me.

what do you think of me?

I'm not really sure I'd have to talk to you more before I formed an opinion on you. I don't dislike anyone from the Zelda boards though I just know that we see things differently. Now whether or not people dislike me is a whole another story.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ah my bad about the misunderstanding. In any case just bold your answers or use text colors. I'll post the next interviewee after Ed posts his answers.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I changed the title for Ed =D I'll start:

-Which matchups are you comfortable with?

Honestly I'm comfy with most any MU. I do my homework on characters so I never really go in blind; I just lack MU exp sometimes. I guess I would say Marth is becoming a most comfy one just because I play the MU all too much.

-What do you advise for upcoming Shelda mains?

First, be strong with all fundamentals. Seriously, get them down. Then, learn each MU in and out for both characters. You need to know what each character can do and learn what you can do to fight back.

-Do believe Zelda fulfils her role as 'the killer', or is it better to stay all Sheik now?

For me, she definitely plays a great murderer. It isn't often anymore I take too much damage by going to Zelda. A few more fixes on my style and I'll definitely be satisfied. As a whole though, many make the mistake, and get wrecked for going to Zelda because they lack one. A good Zelda will always be a good murderer :chuckle:

-How are you training for Apex? Are you ready for it?

"Back Then" I'm ready for it for sure. I'm really excited just to be going and I got extra practice with RedHalberd and Mampam. Just gotta have the right mindset now.
_

-Your best film?

Hmmmmm.......I love the SAW series. They are wonderful lol.

-What other interests and hobbies do you have?

Uhhh........girls, football, drinking, having a great time, doing a barrel roll, and taking long walks on the beach.

-What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?

Falling over a ledge during a mini-golf game I think. I got up sooooooo fast.
Your ultimate job?

This would've been answered as "Being drafted to the NFL" but now I'm not so sure. Ummmm, maybe working in a brewery with my Chemstry degree, or something in Japan/Australia.

-If you could change my terrible horrible username, what would you change it to?... ... ... and... why would you even CONSIDER changing it? so mad :mad:

I actually don't have an answer lol. "Quick Thinking"........I'd use Mr. Happy<3 Why so mad Kata??
-whats the rest of your username mean?

In highschool, I was a downright, frightening person at the position I was at. That was labled LB for linebacker and I didn't think that would go well. The 59 was my number.

-you say your highschool GPA was a 4.49, but you find college difficult....... how so?

With classes like physical chemistry and organic chemistry, I'm being driven crazy. Understanding these subjects is too much. Evil Chemistry degree is evil.

-why is the color orange so amazing?

It just is. If there were an orange Zelda [if someone made this, woooooooo] I'd totally use it. It just stands out and I enjoy doing that.

-facebook or myspace and why?

A little of both. FB for everyone current and MySpace to never lose touch.

-have you read any good books recently?

No. Any suggestions, and if you say Twilight, I will find you :mad::chuckle:

-you traveled to austrailia, what was it like there?

Full of awesome. I want to go back so bad.

-do you have any plants?

Not yet. I may have a garden when I get my own place.

brawl related ?'s:
-what do you think of Dins?

Bad, but it definitely has its uses so I never write it off.

-Favorite follow up?

Somehow landing a boot to the head that results in a death.

-whats your favorite stage in general?

I love Yoshi's..........it saves me so much. I also like pictochat. Good luck killing Zelda horizontally.
-What other games are you a fan of?

Most any Mario game, most fighting games, and TWISTED METAL HYEZ.

-What's your religion?

I don't know, I can't remember the last time I was at church, except I was called the devil. I laughed but honestly I really never cared. Maybe I should ask my sister on this one. I think it's the one with Jesus but I never cared too much.

-What's your motto in life?

Never Give Up.

-How often do you use Farore's Wind?

Too much. I ledgewarp a bit too much but I have cut down on it.

-Do you think Zelda deserves her spot on the tier list?

No, but it's on us to change that.
???'s in absolutely random order:

-Which of your names do you prefer to be called?

I guess it's easier to go with Ed. It was a "I just thought of it in two seconds" screen name.

-If Zelda and Sheik were two separate characters, which would you main?

oooooo.......ummmmm......I dunno. I really do use them evenly so I guess I'd say Zelda because it's easier to be consistent. DACUS with Sheik can really be evil sometimes.

-How long do you see yourself playing smash competitively?

Since 2008 when the game came out. Took 4th of 64 in my first ever tourney.

-What interview question would you absolutely not want to answer?

I think you asked it. I dunno whether or not to main Zelda or Sheik. Hence, I main them both.

-Marvel vs Capcom 3: FTW hype?

Yes and no........I love the series and am excited by default but the brand new bounce juggle thingy has already turned it into a bad game so I'm not as excited anymore. Take that out and we're talking about how fast I'll be there.

-If you could change one thing in Zelda, what would it be?

Hmmmm......Din's. I just want to remodel that move.

-What should I add into my avatar next?

I would say a monocle but this would involve getting rid of the shades.

-What's the weirdest thing that happened to you today?

I took a nap through half of the day.
Ed how was apex? :chuckle:

BEST TOURNEY EVER. It honestly made me so much better for both characters and I have so much more confidence now.
-Why do use the name Scary?

I once was, but I'm just a cuddly teddy bear.

-Do you consider yourself scary?

At times.
-Ed why are you so awesome?

It comes naturally. I'm really friendly and I tend to think that it may be hard to hate me. That might be an egotistical answer lol.

-You are one of the few Zelda/Sheik mains thats proficient with both characters, why is that?

I really had to give the effort to do this. I wanted to cover Zelda's bad MUs at first. Then it became Sheik only for a while. It took me forever to get Zelda back into the mold but my pride wouldn't let me drop her so I began to work on a balance and I now have this. All that's left is getting that balance stronger.

-Do you feel it more beneficial to be great at both characters?

Yes. Having both basically shuts down having an actual counter and allows versatility.

-Do you find it difficult to constantly have to change your mind set when playing one or the other, i.e certain match ups, or forgetting your sheik and you go to D-air someone thinking your zelda.

Not at all, but I think it's because I've used the combo since June 2008. I think it can actually be hard for sure at times. You have to switch punishment habits and playstyles efiiciently.

-How did you get into competitive smash, and why do you enjoy it?

My friend found a local tourney and I went for it. I love the community and they really keep me going.

-I know your a big football guy, and you play video games. Do people ever find it odd that you can be a secret nerd, and vis versa?

Nah, because I'd beat them down after I've been taunted lol.

-What attracted you to Zelda/Sheik?

Sheik is a ninja, and Zelda has a boot that murders things. Quite fulfilling.

-How is <3 Sheik doing recently? Seeing as you guys are our designated shieks/zelda in FL.

He's been using a bunch of other characters like Samus. He has no Wii and hasn't been at a tourney in a bit.
-If I am coming down to Tampa, where are we going to hit the night life?

At every club I can think of and then some.

-Drink of the night?

Something with Alcohol.

-Beach or Pool?

Can't go wrong with either. I'd say Pool, have a big *** cookout.

-You are in a bar fight and you hit down B and transform, what form of our beloved princess are you transforming into?

Well first I'd start with Sheik, and just layeth the smacketh down. Then I'd go Zelda and use a few Dairs to seal the deal.

-Are you in college? If so, what college and what are you studying?

University of South Florida, and Chemistry B.A.

-What type of vehicle do you drive?

2002 Aztek. It's like an awesomefied SUV.

-Favorite non-smash activity?

Having a good time; whatever it takes lol.

-What one word would describe you the best?

Different

-What's the largest fish you have ever caught?

I caught a 12 lb Bass. He was delicious.

-Favorite football team?

Tennessee Titans

-Football idol/role model?

Elvis Dumervil, he's undersized and still doing just fine.

-Are you really a scary linebacker?

When I was at my best. Gotta get back into my rigorous conditioning lol.

-Football or Smash?

Not much difference. I'd say football only by a little.

-Does the irony ever hit you that you play a princess in the game but play a punishing sport like football? Is this for balance in your life?

That has actually never hit me yet. No balance necessary lol.

Ed is awesome.
*How can one improve their game w/ Sheik/Zelda?

Learn MUs and always work on the easy things until they can be done without effort.

*What does it take to become a proficient, high-level player in Brawl?

Basically how I answered your question before, but then you take it to a new level and make less mistakes than the other guy. I'd say try and always look on the bright side if you get beat. See what you did right before you look at the wrongs.
Scott Pilgrim or Kick-***?

Scott Pilgrim
Just saw the first page awesome

-favorite mu with Zelda

Ike, I think he's really fun beat down.

-least favorite mu with zelda

MK because it is MK.

-can you give advice to those who want to learn zelda

Be ready for some frustration and once you get through that, master fundamentals.
Taa daa............When Mr. Eh was running this, I always wondered what my picture would be.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
The recent interviews were fun to read :)

But this thread appears to have gone quiet much like all the others. @DM did you want to continue running this thread? I can give it to someone else if you want.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Kay next up is sniperworm. 3 weeks to send your questions. After that I'll send them to him. If I feel there aren't enough questions I'll extend it.

Edit: I'll update the first page with Scary and ALs interviews asap.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
How come nobody's asking any questions?
How did you come up with your username?
Have you played Worms much?
How actively do you play Brawl nowadays?
Why don't you post more?
Why don't you use an avatar?
Why are you The Candy Man?
Is your eyesight truly as bad as you once said it to be?
Did you truly teach DM to play Zelda?
Is Hawaii as awesome as MrEh makes it out to be?
What hobbies do you have?
What's your profession?
Should I ask more questions later?

MrEh

Smash Hero
What is the most glaring problem with Zelda players' playstyles?

Do you think Zelda players solely focusing on doubles and other side events is detrimental to her tier placement?

FMA?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
-Is Mr Eh a real life troll?
-Is there a relationship between him and Italian Spiderman?
-Are we the innovators of Zelda/Sheik?
-I heard it isn't often you play seriously, how come?
-What do you think of all the Zeldas?
-If I came down there, can I has teachings?
-Why CLUF?
-Do you favor Sheik or Zelda more?
-Sushi?
-Surfing?
-What do you think of OOC metgames?

That's about it for now.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Who's your favorite Zelda main?
Anime?
Paper or plastic?
Is Zelda really that bad on paper and in practice?
Justin Timberlake or Justin Bieber?
Can you do Michael Jackson's Moonwalk?
What was your recent tourney placement, if any?
How do you spell "this word"?
Favorite pasttime of all time?
Least favorite matchup with Zelda?

Will add more when it hits me.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
kk here we go =D

- Current opinions on Shelda.
- What would you say to aspiring Shelda mainers?
- Are you considering any OoS trips?
- What are some of your notable brawl moments? notable achievements? etc etc...
- Why do people insist that Zelda players insist Zelda is good?
- Fav Film/Music Artist/Kid's Cartoon?
- MAC DADDY PANCAKES --> have you tried one?
- If you could speak any language, which one?
- If you could go travelling, where to?

think more later

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Uncle Odo, why do alot of Zelda players insist Zelda is good?

Are you gonna dress up this Halloween~? :3

What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Did you know that there's a possibility of some women seeing 4 colors?

Valkenhayn and Carl are gonna team up in BB3 (calling it now). Agree/disagree?

Which one of the characters below look like a murderer (exclude the guy with the red hair)?

Manly woman or womanly man?

CSI, CSI NY, or CSI Miami?

Why won't 4kids officially dub Higurashi?

Last good Sonic game?

Best NES game?

Would you play Mario Party 2/4/6 with me~~~? XD

Pokemon White or Black?

What's the worst thing you would do for $20? Cuz I know a guy who would slit his mama's throat for a nickel...

What do you think Hitomoshi's english name is going to be?

Er...I'll come up with more questions later...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh ****, I just realized it's sniperworm's turn. I'll post some questions tomorrow.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
ooo sniperworm..... hmmm

how many Wii games do you own?
if so, which ones and do you play often? if not, why not?
why did DarkM pick the picture for you?
whats your fav flower?
have you ever google imaged yourself?
do you go to school? which one?
do you have multiple friends w/ the same name? if so, whats the name?

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Kay next up is sniperworm. 3 weeks to send your questions. After that I'll send them to him. If I feel there aren't enough questions I'll extend it.

Edit: I'll update the first page with Scary and ALs interviews asap.
Sooooooo... It's been 5 weeks and 4 days... :bee:

Can I has interview please~~~? :awesome:

Top Bottom