• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Tomacawk

Smash Master
foxes that waveshine OoS are ****ing broken. makes this game not even fun.
:laugh:
It is pretty broken but it's part of the game. You have to learn to space better--once you find out the fox player can waveshine oos reliably you need to understand that it is no longer safe to land close to their shield, EVER, unless it's with a really low knee.

Just be happy there are currently two midwest foxes that can do it--one being me, the other being ****in' voorhese. Although dart is trying to play fox and he's learning it so maybe there will be three soon?

D

Deleted member

shine, even waveshine out of shield, is never that bad if you smash DI really hard away from it

voorhese

Smash Master
It is pretty broken but it's part of the game. You have to learn to space better--once you find out the fox player can waveshine oos reliably you need to understand that it is no longer safe to land close to their shield, EVER, unless it's with a really low knee.

Just be happy there are currently two midwest foxes that can do it--one being me, the other being ****in' voorhese. Although dart is trying to play fox and he's learning it so maybe there will be three soon?
i also pulled of a shine bair oos yesterday =P

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Dart can do it.

and its hard to be ready to smash DI when u have your opponent in their shield and you're behind them. if you know what i mean johnny, no johns, just never faced anyone who can do it.

voorhese

Smash Master
Dart can do it.

and its hard to be ready to smash DI when u have your opponent in their shield and you're behind them. if you know what i mean johnny, no johns, just never faced anyone who can do it.
yeah dart was talkin to me about it, and he said hes workin on it. he can pull it off just not at a huge success rate yet.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
me an flux can shine oos <_< it's not THAT hard. take like 10 minutes of practice to get it... i mean ya, were not 100% perfect with it every opportunity, but still, i'm sure there's more then 2 foxes in the midwest that can do it lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
me and voorhese are the only ones who consistently (75% or greater accuracy imo) waveshine oos and do it every single game
not talking **** but "being able to do it a few times" and having it in your repertoire are different scenarios
you should always smash di

Divinokage

Smash Legend
SDI just helps you to go further away from the opponent. Just that extra push you need to not get comboed to death. Just apply the regular needed DI with what works and then you SDI it instead.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Well that makes sense.

I'm under the impression from reading a magus post that smash di is best acheived by holding the analog stick in the direction you want to SDI and wiggling it very slightly because the rotation is what triggersthe SDI. Is this totally wrong? Lol.

I think SDI is the last tech I need to add to my game so gotta get this **** right.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
lol scar vids always get the most hype.

anyway, i got a question that seems kinda silly. which has the most invincibility frames or do they have the same?

rolling off the ground, or standing straight up, or even get-up attack? anyone know?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well that makes sense.

I'm under the impression from reading a magus post that smash di is best acheived by holding the analog stick in the direction you want to SDI and wiggling it very slightly because the rotation is what triggersthe SDI. Is this totally wrong? Lol.

I think SDI is the last tech I need to add to my game so gotta get this **** right.
The way I use SDI is simply instead of holding the joystick in the direction I want to go, I smash my joystick instead.. just like if you wanted to do a smash attack. That's all there is, though I think that way might require a bit of reaction time.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

nice. you outplayed him like crazy. you also edgeguard like a champ :)

that shiek has mad obvious intentions though

gunna nitpick since you don't really *** up often

0:44, do a full hop up-air instead, then falling knee for extreme ****. If you hit him with the weak knee instead then double jump up-air. This is a rapetastic, scar combo against dum people who do not crouch-cancel up-airs on platforms. Since the shiek doesn't seem to crouch-cancel on plats you should abuse it

i think you attack from the edge too much. your opponent is worse than you so doesn't really matter but something to keep in mind when you fight better people

and you should ideally crouch cancel literally everything especially on platforms so you don't get popped into the air. Crouch cancelling dash attacks tech chases at low-mid percents for example you can get away from danger more easily

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If they tech chase with Dash Attack at low percent instead of grab, tech roll away and then hold down and tap R somewhere in your tech roll so you'll ground tech the Dash Attack and you get out for free.

Actually you should generally do that anyway because if they tech chase regrab it doesn't really make a difference whether you hit R or not. All it really does is make Dash Attack useless for a while in tech chases.

Dart!

Smash Master

Dart can do it.

yeah dart was talkin to me about it, and he said hes workin on it. he can pull it off just not at a huge success rate yet.

its the coolest looking **** ever. now if only my fox was good at matchups.

D

Deleted member

If your opponent doesn't crouch cancel, DI's in like a west coast noob then its something you should ALWAYS try to do

know what your opponent is capable of/ not capable of and *** them up

Nakamaru

Smash Master
nice. you outplayed him like crazy. you also edgeguard like a champ :)

that shiek has mad obvious intentions though

gunna nitpick since you don't really *** up often

0:44, do a full hop up-air instead, then falling knee for extreme ****. If you hit him with the weak knee instead then double jump up-air. This is a rapetastic, scar combo against dum people who do not crouch-cancel up-airs on platforms. Since the shiek doesn't seem to crouch-cancel on plats you should abuse it

i think you attack from the edge too much. your opponent is worse than you so doesn't really matter but something to keep in mind when you fight better people

and you should ideally crouch cancel literally everything especially on platforms so you don't get popped into the air. Crouch cancelling dash attacks tech chases at low-mid percents for example you can get away from danger more easily
Fighting the urge to attack from the ledge is something that i've known is a big hindrance in my game, but whenever i get really pressured i start doing it like crazy. >.<

I've been working on CC. My defensive game at the moment isn't all that great which is something im working on.

Thanks for the tips. ^.^

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
jiano used to call the full jump falling uair the "true uair knee"

and once you do it, you know its true

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
do you guys ever follow where your opponents going to land, and then crouch. and if they don't tech dtilt/jab and if they do tech, follow the tech?

i didn't even think about jab til i started writing this, i was originally just going to ask about dtilt as a punishment for missed techs... so is that any good? or should i just jab or something.

D

Deleted member

do you guys ever follow where your opponents going to land, and then crouch. and if they don't tech dtilt/jab and if they do tech, follow the tech?

i didn't even think about jab til i started writing this, i was originally just going to ask about dtilt as a punishment for missed techs... so is that any good? or should i just jab or something.
it works in theory but most good people DI stuff away

in falcon dittos though if I up-throw and they don't DI i walk to where they are going to land and just follow them sometimes. No-tech = jab

it's less applicable against the spacies imo

Scar

#HarveyDent
sup s2j i deleted your double for you

i wanna ask jeff if he started doing fulljump uair falling knee before i did it

i never saw it before i tried it

not like it matters, we're all innovators

Top Bottom