• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Exdeath

Smash Master
RE:RE:@Orion

:27 - If he DIed further into you and Baired, he would have been fine because you were Uairing with the hit box above him.

:34 - If you had buffered Bair, I'm pretty sure that the timing would have either hit him away (not auto-canceled) have been shielded and could have led to you getting grabbed.

:58 - I think that Bair would've hit you anyway if you were reacting during toward the latter part and he actually had the spacing while you were committed to Uair. It was mostly just mis-spacing.

1:50 - I believe that he predicted a B from you, but if he had buffered Utilt>Utilt, it would have hit you during your landing lag onto the platform is what I was saying. It was fresh and you were at 130%, so I'm pretty sure that even the weak aerial part would have hit you.

2:07 - The Snakes that I play with (Radix, Gallax, HRNut, etc.) would have probably B>shield>dash grabbed. If you had continued onto him, the grenade limits your ability to attack him around that radius (obviously), if you had gone toward the ledge, he would be safely in the middle with time to make another set-up while you would be by the ledge with a grenade between the two of you, he could have grabbed you for a guaranteed Dthrow>B combo, or he would have grabbed you away from the grenade and it would be a limited tech chase (rolling behind him would be covered). If he had used B>shield during/after the first dash, instead of dash>dashing, it would have definitely worked against your spacing (you would have hit the grenade and he still had enough time to shield it).

2:21 - Froll would have worked just as well, if not better.

2:30 - B wasn't a bad option, I was just putting that out there for future reference, hence why it was listed as "MISC."

2:49 - It was mainly mis-spacing, but Fairing his air dodge and then retreating during the third hit so that he couldn't counter would have been safer. If you had DIed straight up, that Bair could have ended your stock. The momentum probably would have won him that game, as well (I'm guessing that would have upset you greatly).

3:02 - If he had gone for something like jump>Nairing onto the stage, you would have been hit by it because you were too close to the ledge. I'm pretty sure that you were just reading his jump, but you could have spaced it better so that you could have covered his jump and Nair onto the stage.

4:18 - You could have Fsmashed on reaction. FFair dodge(to prevent using an aerial before you land)>Fsmash. His Nair was pretty telegraphed.

4:28 - Why would you have pivoted? You already had your back to him and you were in range for Dsmash. All you needed to do was drop your shield (you could have also charged for a bit). I don't remember how fresh your Dsmash was at that point in the match, but it probably would have killed him if it was fresh (he was at 188%).

Staco

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k67NDXdxdNM

BTW, check out 2:45
(even if it wasn´t perfect after all, stupid timing fail at the uairs I think)

"Alright, I'm calling Kaffei and Staco out. You two need to have a name match.

Both of you meet and play for the avatar."

I love Kaffei too much to do that.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
stop doing typical mk ****, i felt like he wasnt even reading you, he was just like lol mks go for this here, and then threw out **** after spot dodges

also i feel like you where holding to roll or something else >.>

did you actually mean to sdi that? either way nice, i rarely get that even when i read ftilt

Exdeath

Smash Master
stop doing typical mk ****, i felt like he wasnt even reading you, he was just like lol mks go for this here, and then threw out **** after spot dodges

also i feel like you where holding to roll or something else >.>

did you actually mean to sdi that? either way nice, i rarely get that even when i read ftilt
It's really easy when you're going for a get-up attack, because you can just start mashing your C-stick and stop mashing on reaction. Snake's tech chasing options are very limited. If you know what you're doing, you shouldn't be re-grabbed more than once (at maximum).

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i dont agree so teach me something please

snakes dthrow is GAY

edit: eu isnt bad...............

you prolly wouldnt win money in holland i think p4

Player-4

See you in 25 years
i dont agree so teach me something please

snakes dthrow is GAY

edit: eu isnt bad...............

you prolly wouldnt win money in holland i think p4
Are you ****ting me? THAT was losers QFs. Even if I don't make money, getting to top 5 is EZ peazy

Orion*

Smash Researcher
na he wouldnt get *****, i could see top 5

but doesnt really matter, $ = $ and 5th sucks in that regard LMAO

real talk, i like EU just because i feel like i have a chance at money everytime

NJ/NY its like

adhd/anti/atomsk RIGHT there are 3 people that will most likely always place high at nationals, and this is assuming inactive players like ksizzle dont show up >_>

then you have like a list of other people that are just on a really high level that i dont feel like naming because i dont want to forget anyone

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol that's how I feel in TX

Razer/Gnes/Lee Martin are always there

But I mean if I consistently got top 5 then top players would team with me = me getting money in teams (the event I like more)

So in essence top 5 isn't too bad

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orion, how can you say that you'd place in the money at each european tourney when you haven't even versed our best players? You have only played against one of our top 5 players and you've lost to him so you might wanna wait before making such claims.

:059:

Exdeath

Smash Master
adhd/anti/atomsk RIGHT there are 3 people that will most likely always place high at nationals, and this is assuming inactive players like ksizzle dont show up >_>

then you have like a list of other people that are just on a really high level that i dont feel like naming because i dont want to forget anyone
I feel your pain.

Orion, how can you say that you'd place in the money at each european tourney when you haven't even versed our best players? You have only played against one of our top 5 players and you've lost to him so you might wanna wait before making such claims.

:059:
He's also won. In addition to that, the odds of those same players not knocking even one of them out before Orion could lose to two of them are pretty low. With that said, it isn't fair to judge an entire region by one sub-region. For example, winning a tournament in Alabama doesn't mean that the South is free.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
He got 2nd at his first euro tourney LOL i think that's a good indicator that he's going to place well there

/meatride

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i said i feel like i have a CHANCE, dont read into **** and take it personally or something. LMAO

in NJ/NY

unless you upset like A SCORE OF AMAZING TOP LEVEL NATIONAL PLAYERS you will not place in money at LOCALS, this is not true so far, at least in NL as far as a i know

etecoon

Smash Hero
EU has some really amazing TOP players but I wouldn't think top 5 at a tourney in any region of EU would be unusual, doesn't seem to be as much depth although I think people like Mr R, gluttony, calz etc. would still do well here

where as yeah, living in NY/NJ must suck lol

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Ally said the top is close to each in other in skill level, but Europe just has less top players. I can easily see that, we have a lot less brawlers overall anyways.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Dutch scene isn't as active and good as it used to be. France took over.

We have a tournament every 2/3 months between which the good players get together once or twice to play, that's it. The French have a tournament every month.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Lol at people thinking holland tourney = all countries at one tourney, you'll see the difference when EVERY country or almost all of em are present.
QFT, OSTS wasnt really a european tourney.
we need monthlies, or better yet biweeklies!

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
IT'S SAN'S NOT MINE! It was on my SD card, but i sent it to san over aim, and he put that ugs thing on neutral mk. ;_;

i have metablue like everybody else. :3

Orion*

Smash Researcher
you need to work on knowing what youre doing most of the time

..... i was gonna just leave a post with that but i would feel mean

your actually problem is you dont know what sonics crappy options are -- meaning you arent een thinking and i dont mean that from a habit sense, but from a option standpoint.

youll just throw a hitbox out and hes just like lol dash attack - fsmash when you airdodge

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Eh, nowhere near as harsh as I am on myself. I don't really mind harsh critiques anymore

Thing is, I am thinking, but the latter is the problem(I was basically using those friendlies as experiments, since I don't know much about the mu, which was why I wasn't afraid to make the mistakes I did, and I really had no reason to), i really don't know what sonic crappy options are. like, i talked to kid after playing him, and he said basically the same thing like

"you can shut down approaches with something like fair, and that's okay and all, but if you were to shut it down with a short tornado or something then you could probably string more things together"

I'll be working on my options, and knowing when not to throw out attacks, but i tend to just make a bunch of mistakes on the controller, i never purposefully use bair lol.

I have a terrible problem, in my mind if i get hit by something once, and if i change the way i do something, to not get hit by it again... and I do, and a third time. I tend to like "give up" in a sense on getting around it. idk why I do this, I just do, and a seriously need to get out of that habit.

It's becoming more and more and MORE apparent that I am going to have to train on Brinstar. I actually hate that stage, and everyone either bans that or cruise against me so I never play on it ever, and I ban it against Warios lol. So yeah, thank you, Orion.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
yeah your tech skill needs to be worked on a lot

hit up those cpus, its boring at first but you learn to love it D;

also, tornado ***** sonic but, if he shields it, its gay, he will just uthrow you every time (or in your case, dash attack fsmash LMAO)

what i USED to do to sonics is just walk forward, and dtilt like everything unless i read dash shield/spot dodge or they where already spin dashing

and it would always go to time

but you can just **** them to

Orion*

Smash Researcher
also people should learn to tech sonics dthrow and **** them for it lmao, move is so bad, they have to like double read to get a regrab XD

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
well, I live an hour from everyone else, all I do is hit up computers. but recently my disk reader stopped reading brawl so I couldn't practice for the weekend as much as I would've liked too, which may also be a reason my tech skill was so bad, xD. I WILL MURDER MY WII! >.<

I think he only Dthrew me by the edge, can you tech it from the distance he threw me? O.o

Orion*

Smash Researcher
idk *****

why would i remember that **** still

**** around with it, thats not something you need me to answer LMAO

are there any recent vids of tyrant vs mikehaze worth watching?

Staco

Smash Champion
God... I wished I played in your region
Lol @ rating players from 1 video.

I played horrible in that match and I just linked it, because of the DI to UAir thing.

And yes, it was planned.
Just messed around, when I knew, that I allready lost that one and tried to pull of sth. like that.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol @ rating players from 1 video.

I played horrible in that match and I just linked it, because of the DI to UAir thing.

And yes, it was planned.
Just messed around, when I knew, that I allready lost that one and tried to pull of sth. like that.
I've seen other vids of yours fyi. But I was also commenting on the Snake as well, not just you.

Staco

Smash Champion
I've seen other vids of yours fyi. But I was also commenting on the Snake as well, not just you.
I took Ally to one stock high% at our MM twice, the other match I sd´d.
Maybe your just not able to rate proberly from videos. I personally don´t think, that you could just come over here and place top 5 at tourneys like BiB.

But I could also be wrong, I don´t acutally know how good you are and I don´t know, how I would do against other americans.

I also know, that I am doing a lot of mistakes and I´m working on it.
I sure will be ready for the americans, when they come over to europe in 2011. ;)

I think I´m also going to upload more videos in here soon, so that you can give me advice, would be very nice, since I want to get much better.

Top Bottom