• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

D

Deleted member

Only watched a little but besides DI-ing extremely hard don't jump when you are in pressure situations, good pros will read it, Dr.Pee Pee the best falco will definitely read it

Ending of first match you jumped into Falco and got fuked

it's a bad habit for a lot of people including me

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
wasn't sure what you meant by this until I re-read what I had written. XD

I should have been clearer. I wasn't saying the matchup of falcon vs fox is easier, it's just I tried to switch to fox and I ended up having an easier time playing as fox with lag than I normally do without lag...

and tomacawk, you're totally right about that, I forgot the key fact that falcon gains power exponentially based on how many times he has lapped someone. True story.

Your amumu sucks.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't know ANY of you sexy *****es.
I'm ok with that though, I accept you...*****es.

Playing against fast Foxiez is sooo fun but can be sooo hard.
They're all pewpewpewpew then you're like k.... then they're all nairnairnairnair tintintintint with the shines and sheeeeet
You just have to be freaking smart. Keep him guessing at all times, and then you can win and go for techchasing regrabs imo, it's easier than downair follow-ups. But you can definitely mess him up if you do everything really fast... I mean like forcing a miss-tech or forcing him to roll the way you want and then it's easy to do things on reactions that way.

Having the power to make the opponent to do what you want is extremely important... you learn how to do that with experience.. how else people keep running into my punch? lol.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
i'll make sure to make at least one post in here every day, children

the fun fact for today is

I BANNED P.O.F.

I'm so glad that I made your day Bob.

You banned someone from a VIDEO GAME WEBSITE.

(Because that affected me drastically)

You must feel accomplished. :bee:

RESPECT

he has like two banned accounts anyways.
LOL, why you creepin? I have no idea who the flying hell you are and evidentally you know lots about me.

(feels loved)

:)

lol

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
yet you keep coming back.

go play your other fighting video games. cause you've made it perfectly clear that this video game is lesser than you are.

-with love
Reneblade

p.s.

SSFIV sucks giant ****.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL, why you creepin? I have no idea who the flying hell you are and evidentally you know lots about me.

(feels loved)

:)

lol
I used to lurk the Marth boards. You were like an unfunny *** version of Jona.

SSF4 is a scrub magnet by the way. Play real fgs like VS, GG, HnK, 3S, ST, A3, A2, VH, CvS2, MOW, AH3, etc.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
What's the definition of a REAL fighting game? lol. Is it.. anything that has something manly in it? Then SSF4 is pretty **** manly.
come on, kage. SSF4 is ran by turtleing Hondas, fireball spammin Ryu's, and free Chuns. It's not manly. It's very slowpaced and you get zero reward for learning difficult comboes and the whole game is made by zoning and OS'.

BTW I said AH3, which is an all girl game. so i dont care how manly it is. if you want a manly game play HnK.

imo real fighting games arent easy, they cant be revolved around easy, gay tactics, and has a good balance of gimmicks and basics.

BTW i forgot some. MB, MvC2, JJBA, CB, KoF (most), and LB.

i hate tvc, sorry.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I guess you can compare SSF4 to Brawl sort of. As Brawl is also slow paced and is all about being defensive and baiting. But on the other hand so is every fighting game.. you have to do it regardless to win. I love SSF4, it's really hard to be good. I get steamrolled by the top players here but idc. =P

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The thing that separates ssf4 from any smash video game is that when your opponent makes a mistake

They pay.

It's not

"yo, im going to throw you here and if you do this...then i can do this...and if you do this....i can do this!"

or

"I'm going to dair you and you die" but you dont....because you can ledge tech

or

"Because I [smash di'd] your uair fox you cant kill me off the top anymore." so when my opponent makes a mistake....misspaces and gets grabbed he can get out of a punish? That's cool.

Or a 1 frame move that can be canceled, kill you under 10% and resets? Usually 1 frame moves in fighting games aren't that stupid.

or having Falco comboing someone after they made a mistake and then smash Di'ing the shine. Once again, you can get out of punishes? Dumb.

It's too random and all over the place. There is no TRUE punishes. People give sf crap because its not as creative...but thats a load of crap. At high levels of SF the combo possibilities are nearly endless.

ANY game is camping and defending. If you guys don't think that melee is defensive and campy then you have no idea how to play melee. Melee is in your face camping. You wait for your opponent to go where you want them to go and **** them or react to where they go and **** them.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The thing that separates ssf4 from any smash video game is that when your opponent makes a mistake

They pay.

It's not

"yo, im going to throw you here and if you do this...then i can do this...and if you do this....i can do this!"
Thats called depth, tard. SSF4 DOES do this. WTF are you talking about...

or

"I'm going to dair you and you die" but you dont....because you can ledge tech
"im gonna dodge your splash on wake up, gief by teleporting" but you dont cuz you can OS greenhand.
or

"Because I [smash di'd] your uair fox you cant kill me off the top anymore." so when my opponent makes a mistake....misspaces and gets grabbed he can get out of a punish? That's cool.
This is what makes smash, smash. Nothing is set in stone.

It's too random and all over the place. There is no TRUE punishes.
Ganon misses a l cancel, he gets usmashed. That aint a TRUE punish?

People give sf crap because its not as creative...but thats a load of crap. At high levels of SF the combo possibilities are nearly endless.
First of all, we almost never, EVER give sf crap. It's the complete opposite. SF players never get off their **** high horse and they're always talkin **** about another game. Get your facts straight. And for your comboes comment, you must not know SSF4 very well, at high level play (with the exceptions of Dudley, Seth, C.Viper, and Ibuki) all you see is the same bnbs and you ****ing know it. As for A3 and 3S, **** yeah there's alot of comboes, those games are good as ****.

ANY game is camping and defending. If you guys don't think that melee is defensive and campy then you have no idea how to play melee. Melee is in your face camping. You wait for your opponent to go where you want them to go and **** them or react to where they go and **** them.
Not every game is campy. You're delusional. Well, actually, you prob haven't strayed away from SSF4 yet. VS isn't campy, marvel for the most part isn't, hnk isn't, GG isn't, BB isn't, 3S isn't (except for ****ing chun), etc. See, it exists in these games, but it isn't dominate like it is in ssf4, ST, Barlw, etc. And ST isnt as bad cuz of certain things that I dont feel like explaining.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Thats called depth, tard. SSF4 DOES do this. WTF are you talking about...

"im gonna dodge your splash on wake up, gief by teleporting" but you dont cuz you can OS greenhand.

This is what makes smash, smash. Nothing is set in stone.

Ganon misses a l cancel, he gets usmashed. That aint a TRUE punish?

First of all, we almost never, EVER give sf crap. It's the complete opposite. SF players never get off their **** high horse and they're always talkin **** about another game. Get your facts straight. And for your comboes comment, you must not know SSF4 very well, at high level play (with the exceptions of Dudley, Seth, C.Viper, and Ibuki) all you see is the same bnbs and you ****ing know it. As for A3 and 3S, **** yeah there's alot of comboes, those games are good as ****.

Not every game is campy. You're delusional. Well, actually, you prob haven't strayed away from SSF4 yet. VS isn't campy, marvel for the most part isn't, hnk isn't, GG isn't, BB isn't, 3S isn't (except for ****ing chun), etc. See, it exists in these games, but it isn't dominate like it is in ssf4, ST, Barlw, etc. And ST isnt as bad cuz of certain things that I dont feel like explaining.
****ing SLAIN holy ****

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
"in your face camping" rofl. nothing says "mediocre fighting gamer" like someone who says "in your face camping"

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
etwist be gettin off on dem *****s

dam right. Dont come in here poppin **** you dont know about.

also, melee in the 64 section? uh-oh were being phased out guys.

Nah. Theyve been screwing over the 64 players and they were really pissed cuz they were with some random games on their games own site so they put them with us thinkin that will solve the problem which it wont. They wont be happy till they get thier own section. Ya cant blame em.

~Cell phone post

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
GG is a legit game...

Pokemon is the best fighter all time though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtpVSOklUJs

64 deserves its own section as much as Brawl does.
Melee AND Brawl wouldn't be here without it!

LOL at 'punish being avoidable'
It's called flexibility, hence melee is nearly infinite where actualy 'fighting games' are limited to SOME extent.

Melee is such a stupid fluke thing...it's awesome.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Im gonna guess and say thats type wild in that link (i cant watch it on mah phone). Im waiting for it to be finished. My fav fg is def vs. That game *****.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Sf has the same punishes aside from c viper, dud, viper, and ibuki?

Lol. Clearly these are the only characters you like and have no idea of what abel, el fuerte, guile, akuma, guy, gouken, and the rest of the cast can do.

Ganon misses an l cancel so you u smash? Nice, a one hit move for a TRUE punish.

If you don't think sf players think smash is the worst fighting game ever....well yeah. They do.

otg

Smash Master
We all REALLY care about what the SF community thinks. It's clear from your perception of the game POF that you DO NOT understand melee at all and you're REALLY REALLY bad at it (this I know from exp.). You think SF is great, fantastic. Go play it and stfu.

Back to my ignore list you go.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
animal can't main falcon becuz then there would be TWO ****ty falcon players in our crew loooooool

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
We all REALLY care about what the SF community thinks. It's clear from your perception of the game POF that you DO NOT understand melee at all and you're REALLY REALLY bad at it (this I know from exp.). You think SF is great, fantastic. Go play it and stfu.

Back to my ignore list you go.

You're cool otg. Go throw some motion sensor bombs at pikachu.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

Lol. Clearly these are the only characters you like and have no idea of what abel, el fuerte, guile, akuma, guy, gouken, and the rest of the cast can do.

Ganon misses an l cancel so you u smash? Nice, a one hit move for a TRUE punish.

If you don't think sf players think smash is the worst fighting game ever....well yeah. They do.
ima stomp the **** outta this post like fire when i get home. lol

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
it's not trolling if ur dumb
Don't you like....

think a party game for kids...

is.....competitive?

lol.

Every "fighting game" was projected or MEANT to be competitive. Yes, this inlcudes even the horrible Tekken 4 and Mortal Kombat games. (MKs main goal was to introduce a key sense and evolution for violence in video games though)

MVC series
Tekken series
tatsunoko vs capcom
SF series
King of fighters
blaz blue
guilty gear

were all MADE to be competitive and the creators SUPPORT this.

and then....we have smash. A game that was not meant to be competitive, was originally made as a JOKE on the Nintendo 64 in Japan and strictly and purposely made Brawl not competitive.

Yeah, I'm dumb. :laugh:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL wait a sec, LOLOLOLOL.

Lol. Clearly these are the only characters you like
No, I play Cody.

and have no idea of what abel
yeah, I forgot him.
el fuerte, guile,
Really dude? REALLY??? These chars do the EXACT same bnbs all the ****ing time!!! Esp. elf. The only combo he even does is RSF. All guile does is chuck booms and do lpxxmp into fk.

akuma,guy, gouken, and the rest of the cast can do.
Youre ******** if you dont notice that ssf4 is a bnb spammer but w/e.

Seth whiffs a srk so you ultra? Nice, a one hit move for a TRUE punish.

actually, no they dont. Go on srk more. I see melee being regarded as a great game all of the time. Most of them know its a good game but they dont consider it a fg.

Don't you like....

think a party game for kids...

is.....competitive?
Theres a difference between think and is. And a fireball throwing karate man and a stretchy, fire breathing ghandi is TOTALLY for adults.
lol.

Every "fighting game" was projected or MEANT to be competitive. Yes, this inlcudes even the horrible Tekken 4 and Mortal Kombat games. (MKs main goal was to introduce a key sense and evolution for violence in video games though)
MVC series
No it wasnt you moron. MvC was not meant to be competitive. esp. not the most successful MvC, which was just a copy and paste of random chars from games like VS, CotA, and MSH.
Tekken series
tatsunoko vs capcom
SF series
King of fighters
blaz blue
guilty gear
Im pretty sure Tekken, sf, and kof werent created for competitive play but its def for it now.

A game that was not meant to be competitive, was originally made as a JOKE on the Nintendo 64 in Japan and strictly and purposely made Brawl not competitive.
source?

Top Bottom