• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
and where the **** is peef?
dude <3 the namedrop.

I'm in college and all my g goes to one night stands.

and the ice climbers

and fox. my fox is gettin crazy.

but not as crazy as my ice climbers.

but my falcon is poopie. I hate how he grabs people and like...doesn't always kill them. You grab then have a 25% chance to hit with a move that does like 15 damage...etc etc etc I still am just running around and the stupid b*tch still lived.

Plus Hax got beat by IB...-__- I can't even rely on Falcon for the Marth MU anymore. Just rely on the Icees for ever matchup, and auto-forefit to every peach in my way.

Dart!

Smash Master
Kramer reference?
edit-renechrist, i have done it before lol
but I think I may actually stay falcon forever at this point...I've got at least a few moths of maining him due
honestly though, fox is too ****ing difficult. it's impossible for me to focus enough, I make tons of unforced errors, terrible decisions, and I can't stop myself from being flashy to the point of corroding my own play style

falcon, on the other hand, is smooth as ****, fun zoom zooming around everywhere
and I don't john for myself when I lose with falcon, I feel like I've lost because I was out played, not because I can't hit the right ****ing buttons
why go from a char that can do anything to a char that can't do anything?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
fox has too many options and I always pick the wrong one
falcon is much more linear, grab think **** repeat
fox brings out my inner anxietymental disorders

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Ganon misses an l cancel so you u smash? Nice, a one hit move for a TRUE punish.

If you don't think sf players think smash is the worst fighting game ever....well yeah. They do.
Fox can usmash when Ganon is dumb at killing %, yeah.
Or other things and stuff, obviously you don't know anything about what the rest of the cast can do.
Get it? I just copied you...
get it...?
o.O

Wait, they think?

We all REALLY care about what the SF community thinks.
Since when did they think?
OBVIOUSLY you just memorize series of things and you can play by mashing...
Mashing in smash and you die cause it actually takes thinking.

(sarcasm...minor lol)

Why does it matter what one person thinks of another?
Just enjoy playing what you want.

And Main Falcon in EVERYTHING!!!! >:[

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hey guys just making sure all my bread and butter combos are correct....
Ganon-dthrow until 30%, uthrow afterwards
high % uthrow knee? or dthrow knee?
mario-dthrow always? mid% uthrow uair?
marf-dthrow until 30, uthrow after that, uthrow knee around 70?
samus-no idea. dthrow knee at high %s?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
samus=do nothing. just like uair and hope to hit her with something.

marth, if you get the grab at like 0 or something I always dthrow once, they always get chained that one time, and then I uthrow. You have options then. If they DI away, you can wait out of their range and then regrab after a missed fair, or you can sideB to pull back once again. It's basically just a guessing game at that point. If you think they're going to fair, which most marth's do at low percents, you can do what I suggested. If you think they've got the read on you you can then just run in and regrab/uair.

If you dthrow again, they're going to DI away and tech. You can try to tech chase this I guess, I don't know how well it works.

mario i'm not sure about either. I know with dthrows doc and mario can usually get out with like an up b or whatever, I know at some percents the throws do combo but I'm not sure what those are.

Your ganon stuff is correct. You can uthrow knee him to fairly high percents.

Rice2go

Smash Rookie
If they DI away, you can wait out of their range and then regrab after a missed fair, or you can sideB to pull back once again. It's basically just a guessing game at that point. If you think they're going to fair, which most marth's do at low percents, you can do what I suggested. If you think they've got the read on you you can then just run in and regrab/uair.
you can D-throw chaingrab marth even if they DI away. up to 20-30% im not really sure. Its pretty hard to get down though. KK can do it.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Thanks Chred for the marth advice, but I already knew all of that. I'm more interested in guaranteed things. The way that I have been implementing it against computers (I don't know if this works with all DI) is if they DI away <30, you can dash jc grab regrab and dthrow again, if they DI in you can nair. It's hard, but I've gotten really good about reacting fast enough to do it.
There's probably no guarantee though. I think I'll take the tech chase and just dthrow again, i never seem to succeed in hitting them after a uthrow
edit from getting ninja'd-I thought you could dthrow regrab if they DI away. Can we get more input falcon players?

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you cant dthrow cg marth if they DI well enough, you cant dthrow anything marth if they DI well enough until like 90%. ive seen people say they can get marths and marios on a DI'd away dthrow in this thread, then repeatedly fail when actually playing somebody who DI'd correctly

samus, generally uthrow then try not to let them down, if you think you can surprise them near the edge and they'll DI in or something, dthrow knee sometimes works, even on really good samuses

for the marios, dthrow to combos until they learn/you find out they know how to DI it away consistently, then uthrow uair works and you can uthrow knee at some percent, i have no idea what it is but just wait til it looks good

ganon is weird cause its hard to legitimately combo, but its hard for him to get out of uthrow uair and a lot of times youll steal his jump if he tries. uthrow knee works at near marth %'s, and uthrow uair becomes guaranteed considerably earlier, again similar to marth

basically, if you find your dthrows arent leading to anything, uthrow uair works on like 90% of the characters in this game

Rice2go

Smash Rookie
you cant dthrow cg marth if they DI well enough, you cant dthrow anything marth if they DI well enough until like 90%. ive seen people say they can get marths and marios on a DI'd away dthrow in this thread, then repeatedly fail when actually playing somebody who DI'd correctly
I dont mean to argue with you, but i was in training mode with KirbyKaze a while ago, and i was Hard DI'ing Down and away with marth, while KK was d-throw chaingrabbing me with falcon. Personally i cant do it because im not fast enough, but i certainly think it is possible.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
maybe youre right, ive just seen this said in this thread a bunch of times by people who repeatedly failed to do it when i actually saw them playing in person, so ive grown quite cynical of the claim

im interested to see if it truly combos; i know that not only is it incredibly difficult if even possible to get there before marth techs but, at extremely low %'s if not at 0, marth can jump/forward b out even on hard away DI

if it is a true cg, it will probably be one of those that you cant reliably react to like ic's/ganon on falco

Rice2go

Smash Rookie
If you react fast you can D-throw CG Marth if he DIs away from your throw (I think). Pretty good from 0-34 or so and then you can switch to U-throw and start doing cool air combos.
I also found a post in which KK mentions it, but it seems that KK isnt sure that it works either, so i end my argument. Also, I'm sure Scar was joking, but KirbyKaze is fairly knowledgeable in other characters as well, and if you did read my post, i said it was in training mode. It is implied that he was teaching me that art of d-throw chaingrabbing Marth with falcon and not shiek.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ahhhhh, IB? HBK? IDK?
ib's alright but no matter how much he dances

and like plays around with marth moves

and spams fair until we die

i still own his soul

honestly I was really surprised he won vs hax when it happened though now i don't really care, the shock's worn off. it was weird because he used to say he had occasional trouble with afro_chris but i **** afro_chris with marth AND afro_chris sucks so him beating hax was like LOOOOOL wtf good stuff Ib

hbk is super duper inconsistent and seems to lose tourneys to hax so......

he *is* ridiculous when he's on though

Top Bottom