• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Interview Thread! Round 15 Voting is Here... Still!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am not a fan of asking questions

I think I asked Jile questions because Maine<Canada, so I had to confirm some Maine stuff

Metatitan

Smash Master
Marik is being interviewed? What the **** is this ****?

Why do you think B+ is good?
Why not just play melee so people would respect you?
Thoughts on Project M?
Why do they call it Canadian Bacon if it's just sliced ham?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Marik is being interviewed? What the **** is this ****?

Why do you think B+ is good?
Why not just play melee so people would respect you?
Thoughts on Project M?
Why do they call it Canadian Bacon if it's just sliced ham?
Brawl+ is good because of the character viability and wildly hilarious combos.

I do play Melee.

Project Melee has the potential to be the best Smash game produced.

No idea.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why do you sleep like something not human?

Why do you play HoN? It's not even any good.

What's it like living in a dead region of this country?

Favorite Food? (Assuming you eat)

Pics?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Why do you sleep like something not human?

Why do you play HoN? It's not even any good.

What's it like living in a dead region of this country?

Favorite Food? (Assuming you eat)

Pics?
1. My sleep schedule is based off the timing in the underworld. Time is completely different down there, "days" are 30 hours long, so naturally my sleep schedule is strange while I'm living.

2. Hon da bess game evur!1!11!!1!! Honestly I don't really know what I find appealing about hon, though if I made a list it would definitely be longer than the list of things I like about brawl =/

3. Midwest isn't dead! 60 person tourney last weekend. Back in AZ, I had to drive 2 hours to every tourney once a month where I play the same 6 or 7 people, unless I had like $50+ to go to socal ><

4. Pizza

5. **** or gtfo

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Pics? Nao!

How did you come up with your name?

Mudkip?

Why Yoshi?

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?
lol

Back in the day when runescape was cool and I was like 5, I played my first online game. The name "blade" stood out to me because my cousin used it and I thought he was the coolest person in the world. I tried to enter blade as my username and it said it was taken. I used the suggested "blade1111555". About a year later I quit runescape and started playing age of mythology. I liked a lot of the gods in the game. Hades didn't even stand out to me. I realized how uncool it was to have a bunch of numbers at the end of my name, so I started thinking of things that sounded cool infront of blade. Deathblade, Darkblade, Redblade all those kinds of names sounded bleh so I started putting gods infront of it. Hadesblade kind of seem to fit so I used it.

TL:DR Used to be blade, hadesblade sounded cool.

So i hurd yu liek dem?

Why not yoshi?

wut

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
How will the world end?

How will the Yoshi boards compensate for its crippling age disadvantage?

Who is the greatest athlete in the world?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
How will the world end?

How will the Yoshi boards compensate for its crippling age disadvantage?

Who is the greatest athlete in the world?
It won't "end" necessarily. [epic music] There will be a huge earthquake, leaving a giant split in the earth, where Hades will come up with a huge army of spirits from the underworld and take over earth. [/epic music] Oh and it's happening 2 years from now.

Magic ._.

Me? I have shin splints from running atm though. Happens to all the best.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
what kind of pokemon are you?

how do you do the things you do?
Idk charmander was my favorite when I watched the show lol.

I don't do anything.

Sup, Hades. You know I love you, right?

Do you love me?

How's Indiana (or wherever you live know)? Anything about where you live now better than AZ? Anything worse?
I do now

^

Uh, there's grass here (zomg no sand), all my old friends live here, only thing worse is the humidity is kind of weird readjusting to here. The smash scene is larger, and has more mid-high level players, though I've only been to one tourney since I got here :(.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What color yoshi?

If you could punch me would you?

Coke or Pepsi?

Taokaka or Makoto?

Ohrellah?

hadesblade

Smash Lord
When are you visiting Kansas?
Probably never.

When are you coming to New Jersey?

Blood God?
When I have enough money to go to Pound whatever number you'll be on when I can afford it :p.

Gods don't smell.

What color yoshi?

If you could punch me would you?

Coke or Pepsi?

Taokaka or Makoto?

Ohrellah?
Green. Hitting X/Y before the match uses all my energy :(

If you gave me a reason to.

They both suck.

It's probably bad I dont know what those are.

Yahrellah

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I have a confession:

I have used the Yoshi boards exclusively to watch the Starcraft 2 MLG stream these past couple of days. And it has been absolutely grand.

EDIT: I have another confession: I thought this was the chat thread and posted after an all-nighter.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Shiri's Interview

1) What color :yoshi2: do you use primarily?
I guess I should answer the question. o_0 I have been switching over the years, but I am on green currently.

2) Shiri, how mad are you that you were voted over Jile?
I am actually very mad because I wanted to ask Jile all sorts of stuff. Then I realized I can just ask him whatever I want whenever, so I stopped being so mad, hahahaha. I still wanted him to get it for this week, though. D:<

3) Have you handed out any bans to those who voted for you?
I have not handed out bans for this. If I could get away with it quietly, I would, but the way bans work would be more trouble than I am willing to undertake just for the sake of this thread, so it was mostly an empty threat to try to get more votes for Jile.

4) Any bans ever?
I think I've banned people before? Not outright, but through point accumulation. I can't remember. Giving out infractions is something I enjoy, but just banhammering isn't terribly fun. I guess you could say I enjoy the thrill of the chase. If that makes sense.

5) Why are you one of the few amazing mods here?
I'm not that amazing (thanks for the compliment, though). I will, however take partial credit for that because I know I am one of the few here who actually know what the role of a moderator is and how to actually moderate. If we meet up at some point, I'll show you my moderation flowchart...it's pretty fun, actually. :D

6-9) What made you pick :yoshi2: for melee?
Were you well known in the melee community for your yoshi?
Melee or Brawl :yoshi2:?
What do you think the game designers should do to make :yoshi2: a viable character in the next smash game?

10) Have you ever played Trauma Center?
:yoshi: WOW YES

THAT GAME IS AWESOME LOL

I have a horrendously long story about that game when I played it with a lady friend of mine on New Year's Eve, but yes, that game is so cool, hahaha! I should pick up a copy, come to think of it. o_o

11) Why do [Shiri and Scatz] fight for Blue :yoshi2: when we play?
This is a good question. I went straight to dark blue (for some reason) in Brawl and you've been had it since Melee, so I guess it was just a fated meeting of decided destiny. Perhaps.

12) Do you think [Scatz is] improving with :yoshi2:?
I think your tech is improving and you are inventing new scenarios instead of just playing out old ones, which is really important to how a character evolves, regardless of if the character actually gets better a lot. It's unfortunate that most Smash players aren't interested in evolving their game, and then complain when everyone says it's stale.

13) Do you think [Scatz will] get to national status with :yoshi2:/:pikachu2:?

I think you will get national level status with your Yoshi. I think Pikachu has too many people riding him for you to break through in all honesty. Your Yoshi is good and once you get more into better clutch decision-making, you'll probably be the best within a year or so of that, since your consistency is something that you also seem to have going for you. You just need more matchups, which you won't find in GA, so I would suggest travelling more when you can afford to.

14) When you gonna meet [Scatz] to give back [his] :yoshi2: powers?
I read that you weren't gonna be at the last monthly, but apparently you were on the results list, so GG. Dude, are you gonna be at home anytime this summer? I can just drop it off during the week or something. Just catch me on AIM or wherever and let's get your powers back to you. >:3

15) What happened to your massive walls of texts about common sense and analogies for brawl?
I liked writing those not only because I got to flex my mental muscles a bit (I don't get to write very much anymore), but also because I feel that these really effective concepts are lost in translation, so to speak, when it comes to this game's mechanics even though the principles in general still apply and work to anybody's advantage. However, I felt like whatever wasn't falling on deaf ears was either being taken extremely literally or otherwise incredibly marginalized and I found that people were reading too far into what I had to say instead of visualizing the concepts, so I kinda stopped and just decided to share stuff with people who asked me. I've been wanting to do one for a long time, but I've had to hold myself back, haha.

16) Who's your favorite author?
I don't have one, honestly, since I don't like to read that much. Probably William Faulkner since I haven't touched anything close to recent and As I Lay Dying has been one of the only books I've enjoyed reading multiple times and for no reason since I was tiny.

17) Ever killed a man, Shiri?
I may or may not be wanted in three South American countries.

18) What color is the sunset :yoshi2:?
The Sunset Yoshi is the color of bravery, ingenuity, and love. LEARN ABOUT IT

19) [Sharky has] recently learned that Neil has a beast :yoshi2:. Your doing, I suppose?

-unanswered-

20) When are you coming back up [to New York]? [Sharky] still want(s) that eating mm =( and a NY :yoshi2: reunion. =(
I don't know when or if I'm going back. I would have taken you up on that match a year or so ago (Marik will probably poop on me for this, too), but I've not been able to eat...lately...for some reason. Not quite sure why, but my appetite has been behaving oddly for the past three months or so.

21) I remember you predicted that :yoshi2:'s game will eventually be entirely ground based. Has this theory changed at all, and how have recent developments in our metagame affected this?
My opinion has not changed; I continue to stand by my remarks for more than pride (get it?). Yoshi's future is firmly rooted in how he can best use his mobility and the speed of his ground moves while keeping his traction as tight, but flexible, as possible. I haven't noticed very many changes in Yoshi's "meta," so to speak, but I have seen more people experimenting with grabs and pivots. I think the bouncing and aerial stuff is cool and staple to Yoshi's game to a point, but I think one of the biggest advances that I haven't seen many players use is the instant-edge walk (not quite sure what to call it), which nearly (NEARLY) eliminates the faults of what I consider to be one of the weaker parts of Yoshi's game, which is his edge play.

22) How have you been doing in tourney lately? I haven't really seen much. =/
I have been doing terribly in tournament lately for various reasons, but I knew I had to quit going to tournaments down here when I tossed up the first legitimate teams loss I've suffered in years, practically. I probably won't play until I get back to ROC, if I do go back, because I feel like I'm only getting worse down here.

23) How can you just sit down there and sip lemonade knowing that we're still up here freezing our ***** off half the year =(((((
Dawg, we don't sip lemonade WE ON DAT ARIZONAAAAAAAAAAAAA GETCHA SOME ICED TEA MANG

Yeah, the weather down here is kind of ridiculous awesome.

24) :yoshi:?
:yoshi:

25) It seems like Syracuse Smash is becoming the new BFWNY, but a CNY version. Thoughts?
:yoshi:

26) Who do you think are the top 3 :yoshi2:'s?
Bwett/Burntsocks/Green Ace

27) If you could add a color for :yoshi2:, what would it be?
Black.

28) Why does :yoshi2: own so hard?
It's because he's cute, has a huge appetite, THROWS EXPLODING EGGS (come on!), and has ridix footwear. This is unlike other characters who pretend to be cute, have no personality, are boring from a design point of view, and aren't even visually original.

29) Have you seen Toy Story 3 yet?
I have not seen it yet.

30) Are you going to see Toy Story 3 at all? (If you answered No to the first question)

I fully intend to see it and I'm actually really excited about it, but probably won't get to see it with who I wanted to.

31) Woody or Buzz Lightyear?
Probably Woody, but I don't have an overwhelming preference.

32) Bo Peep, Jessie, or Barbie?
Bo Peep, is this even a question? LOL

33) Are you gonna infract me for these dumb questions?
So many red cards during the World Cup already; I don't think I'd give any to you just on account of these questions. :D

34) Were you the original doubles master before loudmouths from East Coast tried to go all Kanye West on your title?
I'm not sure who these loudmouths are nor do I know in which capacity you consider me a teams master. I think I'm pretty good (or was when I went to tournaments and had a dedicated partner), but over my career, I have no problem saying that I was the winningest Yoshi in both Brawl and Melee for teams and that in my home region I am an undisputed top for teams. It doesn't mean terribly much, but it's great for income I suppose. :D

35) When will you come down to Kentucky and have some of the best thin crust pizza you will ever try?
That is probably...maybe gonna happen I hope? I don't get to just up and travel these days and it's very hard to justify up and going somewhere, and I kinda used up all my vacation time for this year, too. D:<

36) Will you add [Airborne] on Skype since I'm too lazy to download AIM on this sh*tty *ss laptop that probably has only 512 of RAM, because it's like, 4 years old or some sh*t?
No. Skype is gay and talking to people you've never met on Skype is creepy as f*ck.

37) If a friend of [Airborne] and [Airborne] visit Georgia sometime in July or August before classes start up again, will you hang out with Scatz and us? =D
Of course I would. Provided I'm not predisposed, that sounds like it would be awesome.

38) Who do you use in Super 4?
I have used Bison since Hyper Fighting (I had a brief stint with Rainbow Edition, but then again, you could just morph into whomever you wanted to in that sh*t, LOL!) and I was holding out for someone else for Super4 who didn't make it in, but it seems like Bison is an actual character now unlike the trauma I put myself through in vanilla. I want to get a nice Dudley eventually for style points and because he is fun as all get-out, but I am too busy plateau busting with Bison to devote time to anybody else right now.

39) Do you think the game is pretty balanced this time around for 35 characters?

The game is much better than vanilla. You can't really sleep on many characters in this game, and the damage overall has been toned down so you get to see more link and character variety. It's not terrible, I think, but I'm not at a high enough level of play to say for sure whether the game is that good or not. There are still some risk/reward issues, but those seems to largely fade when you add in basic techs and ultras.

40) Would you be surprised if I told you that the woman who does Cammy's English Voiceover is actually American?
I would actually be surprised. I like her English VA, but I also <3 her JP VA because it's such an awkward accent, hahaha. It sounds like she's saying "SPIDER LEVEL" with a sock stuffed in her mouth, hahahaha.

41) How did you almost choke on your cell phone?
:yoshi: Fine, fine.

Just so you know, I missed the weather report to make this.

And that's how I almost choked on my cell phone.

42) Whats your favorite move in each catagory of :yoshi2:'s?

Basics:
Aerials:
Specails:
Throws:
Smashs:
Taunts:
Victory Pose:
Sound effect:

I like forward tilt, neutral air, Egg Lay, forward throw, downsmash, the tail-chasing taunt, the Akuma victory pose, and any sound effect involving his squishy bootz.

43) How often do you infract people?
I wish I infracted more. You gals more or less follow the rules, so I don't get to infract very often. I would average out my infractions at like...once every two months? Maybe a little more?

44) What do you do for a living?
I currently feed my face by pretending to be a software developer/web designer.

I'm going to start updating the thread again like so, and hope you all are interested in starting another round!!! ^__^ Vote if you'd like.

Top Bottom