• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Im probly coming in May.
Not for smash but to check out the great city NY ^^.
I guess i could play some matches with you Americans as well if there is a tourney when Im there :bee:
Only NY is pretty big so yeah lol..
I`ll play some melee if someone promise me to show me around NY ? =o

btw Orion is living here now in Groningen. ( The Netherlands ) I dont know if you guys know him but he is a really good American brawl player who is learning to get better at melee ^^
Hes good friends with Hax he told me =)
Definitely look me up.

[scientology]

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
lol glad u found that post nakamaru.

and yeah jpobs that instance that youre talkin about made me furious.

My edgeguard on spacies as just revealed to s2j.
(note i didnt invent this or take credit it for it, its just one of many edgeguards to do to spacies.)
its this
its only 1 edgeguard
but it works
but isnt 100%
cause it ends with a stomp
but u can always finish it afterwards
no1 sweetspots out of a meteor cancel
its goes like this
grab edge
let go
jump bair
regrab.
let go
jump reverse up air
and at this point
hopefully they will have to angle up and a direction to grab edge
then you just ledgehop stomp
its so satisfying
Christopher Curry 4:41 pm
and no way to tech if u space the stomp right

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i like to light shield doc's pills a la marth and then you'll fall onto the edge gaining invincibility and then you can choose to let go and hit him or do something else fancy

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
with the right DI, you wont be able to hit them out of a ledgehop let alone a drop off move.

it require them to be low. if their low then **** yeah, go get that ****** in the jacket,

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
just dont panic, watch them closely, decide what you think theyre gonna do, and make sure if they do it, they die

covering multiple options is all the rage right now, but a lot of times that leads to people just doing the third option over and over again and getting back over and over again. if you just calm way down and actually make an attempt to predict what they'll do as if you're tech chasing, you'll find it is not that hard to read people and once you get in place to punish them its pretty easy.

Scar

#HarveyDent
man i think that i did everything first

is this true or not

example: uthrow run-off knee (upthrow dropzone)

WHO DID THAT BEFORE ME?!?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
True combos are triple punch or triple knees, manly ftw. =P One punch and then he lands on a platform, then another one, to dropzone fair, edgehog from 0.. so fun.

Walt

Smash Ace
I got stomped up to the top platform on dreamland, teched and grabbed the other falcons jump, dropzoned him, he DI'd down and teched the right platform, regrabbed then dropzoned again to runoff walljump uair.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
darkrain did uthrow run off knee to jiano in tournament in fall 2006 at a small st louis tournament in grand finals

but im sure you already know that

D

Deleted member

thanx for ur tips everyone

i edgeguarded pretty good at the tourney today :)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
when did this happen? lol

i approve.
idk, we were textin like whenver that was. and you told me you did a upthrow dropzone to SS and you said smiled.

<3 i wish to play matches with you before either of us retire.

Hard to take your own advice?
what? no1 actually di's bad enough for that to happen unless youre afraid of the person youre playing.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I falcon punched someone twice today :) got dat reading rainbow mode on

up throw to drop zone knee kinda works too if they're too scared to jump and get gimped

Top Bottom