• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Used Character(s)?

Ayatsuri_Rinku

Smash Cadet
today I was thinking, who is the least used character in Melee? i'd say Roy is barely used at all. it also seems like game and watch and young link and never used too. what do you guys think?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Vector man uses yoshi

(did i remember his name correctly?)

id go with anything below mewtwo on the tierlist

lol

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
rofl "that one guy"

Simna? like.. who knows how to spell that whole name eh? or how to pronounce it.

Uhm... Actually I do think Donkey Kong is pretty underused... Roy also possibly.. yoshi and G&W are meh.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
mofo uses ness as well. same with angrylobster, but im not sure if he still plays

i don't think anyone legit uses gaw anymore. i know the only people ever were like, 56k and direvulcan.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Ah yes I recall Angrylobster.

And have never heard of those g&w players lol. except possibly 56k. g&w is so terrible...

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Luma

Smash Lord
kirby is quite used in europe, prolly because we still run lowtier tournamets

i could name one good smasher (at least for germany) for every char ^^

@jonas kjab and myself got a pretty good zelda, i even used her sometimes in singles

GreatRit

Smash Cadet
probably Ness, not that many play the ICs, though.
Roy is also probably up there, followed by Zelda.

leffen

Smash Champion
Yoshi has had a few very successful players, not in USA though. To those of you saying v3ctorman, really stop overrating him. His yoshi is awesome and stuff but the only thing he has accomplished is getting to bracket pretty much. Credit should instead imo be given to Svampen ( played at top international level ) Fumi ( one of the best players in Japan ) and Mind trick ( decent placings overall with yoshi ).

I believe both me and him is gonna raep some people in tourney soon ( I've already fked up alot of top players in sweden with my yoshi ;) ).

Yoshi 2good.
Oh and GW is boring as **** and sucks, but I still know 1/2 players who use him for low tiers.

ps. Kirby is waaay better than pichu, you will realise the second you see the top kirby metagame.

Van.

Smash Ace
A good way to tell is to look at the total number of posts in each character specific section. Pichu is the least used. If you look at a ratio of goodness to use, the IC's win.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Least used characters? Just take the tier list and go backwards.
kinda not true because there would be thousands of puffs. :p

As for least used. Just because you can named 1 or 2 good players with the character doesn't mean they aren't under used. On a pro level I'd say anyone that has under 10 pro's using them can be considered underused.

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
luigi and dk are the ones that are actually "decent" that i dont ever see.

GroovyGreenHat

Smash Cadet
Ever since Gimpyfish retired are there any more top-level Bowsers? I don't doubt their existence, but I am curious...

Also, who plays M2 besides Taj (and V3ctorman, sort of)?

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
Bowser, Pichu, Roy, Zelda, and Luigi. Every character has someone who is or was "Pro" with them (Neo with Roy, Lake with Zelda, Gimpy with Bowser, etc.) but nobody really uses them anymore.

strawhats

Smash Master
dont forget Darkmusician, and Malcolm, two legendary Zelda mains. Lake and Cosmo are taking up the matle now.

GnW: PC Chris had a **** gnw, bombsoldier, 56k, and most notoriety goes to Direvulcan(i wish he still played).

Roy: Neo, Ninjalink, Sethlon, Exarch, Ripple.

Link: SS4Ricky, Germ, Skler, Lord HDL

Young Link: Caveman, Jash, apparently some young link prodigy in Cambodia (dont know his name)

DK: Bum, Mexican, PKMVodka, Rock Crock

Pichu: KDJ, Tuna, Jello, ICG

Ness: Mofo, Simna ibn sind, Angrylobster, bubbleman, Toasty, Hbox(lol)

M2: Taj, Iori, Shadowball

Bowser: Gimpyfish, DJN, Wk

Kirby: King Kirby 90, Armada

Pikachu: Anther, Axe, Pikachad, N64

Mario: Green Mario, Brown Mario, Eggz, Scorp Eh Dorp(Scorpion Master)

Popo: ChuDat nuff said...lol

Top Bottom