• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Whoo hoo

My first pokemon

Also, I need ideas for what to do for an evo. I got nothing uptil now. I WAS hoping I could change Lumous from a firefly to something else

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Forspire
Type: Steel / Fire
Ability: Super Luck / Limber
Base Stats: 154 / 130 / 126 / 50 / 50 / 30
Hmm...he's so slow!

Whoo hoo

My first pokemon

Also, I need ideas for what to do for an evo. I got nothing uptil now. I WAS hoping I could change Lumous from a firefly to something else
Change him into a moth; a play off of moths being attracted to flame.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Oooooohh

Good idea FF

Thanks! The pokemon will come later and perhaps movesets/image tomorrow

then I'll color in both Lumous and the moth
Cool beans; looking forward to it.

I think we're suffering from a lack of Water-types (contrary to real Pokemon); I'm headed to the beach tomorrow, so maybe I'll be inspired to create something there. You all think of stuff too!

Also, happy Page 100! :bee:

JOE!

Smash Hero
hmn, so im thinking of a 2 stage bug/psychic mixed attacker pokemon..

but with 2 unique abilities:

Defensive Stance: Halves the damage of Physical moves on the pokemon

Passive Stance: Halves the damage of Special moves on the pokemon

problem is, I dunno what to make the stats to make it work (im guessing even in the defenses), or what bug to base it off of....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Um, if you're halving the damage you might wanna make the defenses somewhere from 40-50. Huge Power on a base 50 Attack Pokemon basically gives it base 150 Attack, so I think it'd be roughly the same?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or you could be a cool kid like Medicham and have 60 in the stat to god-boost it to a base 170 stat.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
hmn, so im thinking of a 2 stage bug/psychic mixed attacker pokemon..

but with 2 unique abilities:

Defensive Stance: Halves the damage of Physical moves on the pokemon

Passive Stance: Halves the damage of Special moves on the pokemon

problem is, I dunno what to make the stats to make it work (im guessing even in the defenses), or what bug to base it off of....
The Defensive/Passive stance thing made me think of caterpillars and butterflies/moths that get in a certain body position in order to look different or mimic other creatures. Just a thought! I think I might create something with a somewhat "gimmicky" ability soon too.

JOE!

Smash Hero
thought up a new idea:

Ability: Regeneration

the pokemon naturally heals itself over time.

Specifics:

The poke has built-in leftovers, without the need of any other item like black sludge or whatnot. This means it naturally regens 1/16th hp per turn, and 1/8th with leftovers.

outside of battle the pokemon will regain 1hp per step taken (similar to poison's effect). As a result the poke is effectivley immune to poison.

I'd imagine this poke either being a good offensive pokemon, with bad defenses, but decent HP to take advantage of the Regeneration, giving it some survival. or as just a stupidly good wall that cant really be killed unless you 2-shot it at least

thoughts?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, sorry I've been late with my Lumous evo, but ****, the combo of me being extremely busy and my laziness to come up with a good name impeded me

________
Fire / Bug
Ability: Flash Fire / Levitate
Stats: 80 / 90 / 85 / 95 / 85 / 80

_______ the Moth Pokemon. After evolving from Lumous, they now spend most of their time near light sources instead of eating farmer's crops. It has been said that the more that their flame flare, the more likely they'll attract a mate

Ok, now that I'm done with the basic outline, do you guys think that the stats could be a tad bit overpowered? Or am I on the right track with them?

Tomorrow come movesets and once I'm able to come home, I'll draw up a picture for _______

btw, be happy to suggest names. I was at a loss with what to call it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
thought up a new idea:

Ability: Regeneration

the pokemon naturally heals itself over time.

thoughts?
I like the idea, JOE!, it's a built-in Leftovers akin to Sturdy's new built-in Focus Sash effect. It's something I imagine Starmie would get.

Also, I agree Fuel, the stats look good. I'll try to think up a good name for it. :bee:

Moozle

Smash Champion
Petrify would be a great name for it. Arbok would get it and suck less, too :p I miss this thread so much. I'm going to try to draw some more stuff!

JOE!

Smash Hero
[collapse="Pre Evolutions"]
[collapse="Baby Stage"]
-Name to be Decided-

- Mutant Pokemon HT - 2'04" WT - 45lbs

BABY POKEMON

All stats are 33, with a BST of 198

Ability: Imprint: Gives x2 EVs

This stage resembles a small, dark purple Raptor-like animal, with two claws on it's hands and feet, stubby limbs and a black stripe going down it's back and tail. It has bright blue eyes.

The Baby Form cannot evolve due to a genetic defect, and needs a special amchine to assist it. Once it does eveolve however, it forms with the machine to become a Cyborg.
[/collapse]
[collapse="1st Stage"]
-Name to be Decided-

- Capsule Pokemon HT - 4'03" WT - 160lbs

No Eggs

All stats are 64, with a BST of 384

Ability: Multiscale

At this point, Sliph Co has put (baby Stage) into a specialized pod of sorts, which resembles a collapsed/compressed version of (final stage)'s armor and is slightly egg-like. Whilst inside, the pokemon is being helped to reach it's final form, where it combines with the pod to become a powerful Cyborg. It can still be issued commands while like this, and can slightly move the blades that will alter become it's arms/tail to attack.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

-Name to be decided-
-Appearance changes based on ability, shown is Razor Edge-​

- Cyborg Pokemon HT - 5'06" WT - 200lbs

Mineral & Dragon Egg Groups

Base Stats:

HP - 95
ATTK - 95
DEF - 95
SpATTK - 95
SpDEF - 95
SPEED - 95

TOTAL - 570

Abilities:

Regeneration: When the pokemon switches out, they restore 1/3rd of their Hit Points. When ____ is selected with Regeneration, it's armor covers much more of it's body, and it has small claws.

*Razor Edge: When this pokemon lands a slashing/cutting/claw attack, the foe is dealt an automatic -1/8th HP as well. With Razor Edge, ____ has bladed joints as well as large claws on it's hands and feet.

[collapse="*"]This is controversial with some moves in that it can rack up insane damage, Fury Swipes for example can potentially stack on 62.5% free damage. This may be weakened to 1/16th HP loss[/collapse]

Power Boost: All wave/pulse type attacks learned by this pokemon now have a BP of 100. With this, ____'s arms appear to be energy weapons, and its torso and feet have bulkier armor.

The ability also grants ____ a bonus move.

Regeneration : Volt Change

Razor Edge : Ripper
BP 25 /
/ 95 ACC / 15 PP

The pokemon slashes their foe with razor-sharp steel claws. Can hit up to 3 times, with a 50% chance of continuing after the last hit (25% chance of all 3 hitting).

Learned by most all pokemon known for their claws, such as the Scyther Family, etc.

Power Boost : Iron Pulse
BP 60 /
/ 100 ACC / 25 PP

The pokemon unleashes a powerful volley of iron particles at their foes, doing so has a 20% chance of lowering their foe's speed by 1 stage. Hits all pokemon in a multi-battle.

Learned by most all pokemon known for their steel attributes, such as Bronzong, and some waters, like Starmie.

BACKGROUND​

(Baby stage) is a rare Dragon-type pokemon with an odd genetic condition that prevents it from evolving naturally. However, researchers from Sliph Co. have engineered specialized "pods" which assist the Dragon to evolve, which not only make sthe pokemon happy, but assists in research for pokemon evolution. The Pods are sold at Cayenne city for a whopping $10,000 and only if you have a (Baby) at level 25 or higher, as lower leveled ones cannot deal with the process. The pods come in Razor, Power and Shield varieties, which will end up making your (Baby) slightly different based on what their trainer wants them for.

Upon reaching level 45, you can take the Pod back to the Scientist/Engineer and he will evolve the pokemon for you, unlocking the armor based upon which specilization you chose (Razor Edge, Power Boost, or Regeneration), evolving it to (FInal Stage) on the spot.

With decent all-round stats, and the ability specs, this mon should be an assest to any team.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Whopping 10,000 Poke? Not really whopping at all lol.

I mean, I guess that's a pretty OK price for most games, but for say, Black and white, that's pretty god**** cheap.

You can get so much money in B/W that they let money go up to the millions.

Then again, I guess it HAS to be cheap to make sure it's worth your money to get this sonofa*****.

Oh, also, with Razor Edge, SERIOUSLY, 1/16th.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Razor's Edge should be a scaled damage thing. Like adding N/4 damage to damage done by a physical attack inflicted on the opponent, where N=level.

As far as multi-hit moves go, just don't let him learn any of them other than stupid ones nobody would ever use (like pin missile).

JOE!

Smash Hero
Whopping 10,000 Poke? Not really whopping at all lol.

I mean, I guess that's a pretty OK price for most games, but for say, Black and white, that's pretty god**** cheap.

You can get so much money in B/W that they let money go up to the millions.

Then again, I guess it HAS to be cheap to make sure it's worth your money to get this sonofa*****.

Oh, also, with Razor Edge, SERIOUSLY, 1/16th.
thats alot in the pre B/W games, but w/e.

also, did calcs for Razor Edge with a FULL Ripper (1/4th chance of this occuring). Red is 1/8th dam, normal is 1/16

Vs Heatran (resists by 1/4): 44.9-46.8% / 26.15-28.05%

Vs Skarmory: 53-56.3% / 34.25-37.55%

Vs Infernape: 62.1-67.2% / 43.35-48.45%

Vs Snorlax (Neutral): 71.3-78.5% / 52.55-59.75%

Vs Tyranitar (SE): 97.3-111.4% / 78.55-92.65%

so yeah....

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Because flyinfilipino wanted me to:

Partially so I can get my ideas down, partially so I can get input...

Here are my current ideas for a fan-dex-game-thing:

Grass Starter (reptilian; had the idea for a snake but :p)
Fire Starter (bipedal at final form; had the idea for a pig but more :p)
Water Starter (amphibious. Actually didn't think of an otter.)
Instrument Snake (Steel, 3 stage)
Snake Charmer Snake (Psychic/Poison, based off of that Indian snake-charming idea, 3 stage)
Panda (Normal Type, most likely with the Herbivore ability; 2-3 stage)
Nuclear Metal (Steel/Poison, 3 stage, high Special Attack)
Fossil 1 (2 Stage; Stegosaurus, Fire type?)
Fossil 2 (2 Stage; Raptor, Dark type?)
Cockroach (2 Stage; Bug/Dark, fast and bulky)
Dolphin (I dunno much about this one yet, hah; sound-related attacks are likely)
Sponge (very slow but high HP, 2-stage)
Flying Fish (see dolphin)
Pistol Shrimp (might also do a mantis shrimp)
Space Dragon (pure dragon, Rotom-esque in occurrence. Powerful; reason for Draco Meteor)
Sprite (as in Forest sprite; split evolutionary line with females becoming Grass/Water and males becoming Grass/Ground)
Locust (*shrugs*)
Tuatara (Rock/Psychic, kind of like Relicanth)
Cloud (evolves into a cumulonimbus; first stage is pure flying, later becomes Flying/Electric)
And to add to those:

Homing Pidgeon (possibly Electric/Flying; if not, Normal/Flying with Electric attacks)
Strangler Fig (probable three-stage line, first two are pure Grass and the last is Grass/Ghost)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Because flyinfilipino wanted me to:

Grass Starter (reptilian; had the idea for a snake but )
Fire Starter (bipedal at final form; had the idea for a pig but more )
Water Starter (amphibious. Actually didn't think of an otter.)
Instrument Snake (Steel, 3 stage)
Snake Charmer Snake (Psychic/Poison, based off of that Indian snake-charming idea, 3 stage)
Panda (Normal Type, most likely with the Herbivore ability; 2-3 stage)
Nuclear Metal (Steel/Poison, 3 stage, high Special Attack)
Fossil 1 (2 Stage; Stegosaurus, Fire type?)
Fossil 2 (2 Stage; Raptor, Dark type?)
Cockroach (2 Stage; Bug/Dark, fast and bulky)
Dolphin (I dunno much about this one yet, hah; sound-related attacks are likely)
Sponge (very slow but high HP, 2-stage)
Flying Fish (see dolphin)
Pistol Shrimp (might also do a mantis shrimp)
Space Dragon (pure dragon, Rotom-esque in occurrence. Powerful; reason for Draco Meteor)
Sprite (as in Forest sprite; split evolutionary line with females becoming Grass/Water and males becoming Grass/Ground)
Locust (*shrugs*)
Tuatara (Rock/Psychic, kind of like Relicanth)
Cloud (evolves into a cumulonimbus; first stage is pure flying, later becomes Flying/Electric)
And to add to those:

Homing Pidgeon (possibly Electric/Flying; if not, Normal/Flying with Electric attacks)
Strangler Fig (probable three-stage line, first two are pure Grass and the last is Grass/Ghost)
Awesome! I think I might start drawing up some designs for those (if you don't mind, because it seems you already know what you want them to look like). I'm particularly intrigued by the Instrument Snake, Panda, Sponge, and Cockroach. I had a design for a Panda earlier (it was supposed to be the Grass starter here); maybe I can rework it.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Pandas as a Grass type just seems... overdone, and the Grass starter is, as of the 5th Generation, always reptilian.

I want control of the designs of the Cockroach, Sponge, Space Dragon, and Cloud, since I have some pretty solid ideas of what I want them to look like. I also have some basic Stat Spreads for some of them; I'll post them later.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pandas as a Grass type just seems... overdone, and the Grass starter is, as of the 5th Generation, always reptilian.

I want control of the designs of the Cockroach, Sponge, Space Dragon, and Cloud, since I have some pretty solid ideas of what I want them to look like. I also have some basic Stat Spreads for some of them; I'll post them later.
I agree about the Grass-type panda, but I do approve of the Herbivore idea.

And cool, I look forward to seeing your designs. Yay fake dexes!

Make the panda Rock / Ground with Herbivore.
I like that. :bee:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
And I find that design positively hilarious (in a good way, mind you).

k, stat spreads... order is HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed, as usual (though I think the game puts Speed in front of the Special Stats).

Nuclear Metal: 81/70/105/129/95/50, BST 530 (at the very least the Special Attack HAS to be 129. Special Defense can probably be reduced, I dunno.
Fossil 1: 85/65/75/110/120/40, BST 495
Fossil 2: 70/115/90/40/60/120, BST 495
Cockroach: 105/75/90/35/90/105, BST 500 (Tentative; it's an old stat spread. I do want high HP, though)
Sponge: 170/30/70/75/80/20, BST 445 (I initially had the Special Attack higher and I may increase it again; any thoughts?)
Space Dragon: 91/51/71/131/111/70, BST 525
Sprite-Male Evolution (Gnome; Grass/Ground): 85/105/125/40/70/40, BST 465
Sprite-Female Evolution (Nymph; Grass/Water): 65/40/60/105/125/70, BST 465
Locust: 70/111/60/104/50/105, BST 500
Tuatara: 135/60/80/95/105/30, BST 505
Cloud: 85/50/75/120/90/80, BST 500
Strangler Fig: 50/65/95/105/95/55, BST 475 (My thought is that as it evolves, its Base HP will decrease. Gotta be careful with programming, though!)

Top Bottom